Draft Countdown Forums

Go Back   Draft Countdown Forums > Draft Countdown Forums > Pro Football

Pro Football Discuss professional football.

Old 10-09-2012, 05:29 PM    (permalink
bucfan12
Pro Bowler

bucfan12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bucfan12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bucfan12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bucfan12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bucfan12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bucfan12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bucfan12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bucfan12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bucfan12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bucfan12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bucfan12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I wouldn't overlook Todd Haley in Pittsburgh. To me, he got a raw deal in KC. (IDK if Cheifs fans have there own opinion). I don't think he was completely on board with the Cassell move back in 2009 as he was a system QB that couldn't adjust without Charlie Weiss.

NOTE: Cheifs could always hire Josh McDaniels, keep Cassell.
bucfan12 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-09-2012, 05:30 PM    (permalink
bucfan12
Pro Bowler

bucfan12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bucfan12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bucfan12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bucfan12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bucfan12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bucfan12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bucfan12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bucfan12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bucfan12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bucfan12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bucfan12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by YotoJets007 View Post
Tom Clements? I can't think of any else with abundant experience. That sucks.

I forget about Scott Linehan. I am not sure if he can do it.
Packers offense seems to be "off" this year without Philbin. So I wouldn't say he's opened any eyes really.

Linehan has already bombed out with the Rams. Some guys are just meant to be solid-good coordinators. Look at Rod Marinelli. Heck of a defensive ball coach, but have him run a team? well, ask the Lions.
Old 10-09-2012, 05:38 PM    (permalink
vidae
SWDC Mafia
Legend

vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by bucfan12 View Post
I wouldn't overlook Todd Haley in Pittsburgh. To me, he got a raw deal in KC. (IDK if Cheifs fans have there own opinion). I don't think he was completely on board with the Cassell move back in 2009 as he was a system QB that couldn't adjust without Charlie Weiss.

NOTE: Cheifs could always hire Josh McDaniels, keep Cassell.
Todd Haley isn't a good HC. Coordinator sure, HC no.

And I am going to punch you in the nuggets for that last line.
vidae is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-09-2012, 05:40 PM    (permalink
Hurricanes25
All-Pro

Hurricanes25 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hurricanes25 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hurricanes25 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hurricanes25 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hurricanes25 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hurricanes25 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hurricanes25 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hurricanes25 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hurricanes25 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hurricanes25 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hurricanes25 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by YotoJets007 View Post
Tom Clements? I can't think of any else with abundant experience. That sucks.

I forget about Scott Linehan. I am not sure if he can do it.
How about Dirk Koetter? He's doing a great job with the Atlanta Falcons offense this year and has had head coaching experience on the college level.

Sig by BoneKrusher
Hurricanes25 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-09-2012, 05:41 PM    (permalink
D-Unit
DC Administrator
Legend

D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Out of curiosity are there fans in this world that would want Jason Garrett as the HC of their team?
D-Unit is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-09-2012, 05:45 PM    (permalink
SickwithIt1010
All-Pro

SickwithIt1010 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SickwithIt1010 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SickwithIt1010 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SickwithIt1010 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SickwithIt1010 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SickwithIt1010 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SickwithIt1010 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SickwithIt1010 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SickwithIt1010 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SickwithIt1010 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SickwithIt1010 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Fangio isn't taking any head coaching gigs. He's kinda let it be known that he isnt really interested in being anything more than that. Roman on the other hand I could see getting a lot of offers. I know the college game is very fond of him and he was the front runner for the PSU job before they hired O'brien.

Chip Kelly might be a guy that keeps being mentioned. Wouldnt be surprised to see him bounce with the talks of the Ducks going under sanctions soon. What about the possibility of a guy like Muschamp? The guy is a very good defensive coach, but his energy and passion seems more suited for the pro game. Many people mentioned they thought Les Miles would be jumping to the NFL last year, so you may hear his name some more as far as college guys.

I think Saban is staying put, he tried out the NFL thing...but he just seems to like the college game more...some guys just like teaching more so than anything, I mean how much more can you really teach an NFL guy about football. Its more X's and O's and calling the game once you get to that level, where you can still work on somethin at the college level.

Quote:
Originally Posted by 49erNation85 View Post
I wouldn't be sir prized if he passed McCoy on the depth chart. I think he might have a better arm and accurate arm then him from the highlights I thought. He also got some wheels too help us prepare for QB's as Wilson , RG3 and other runners etc.
SickwithIt1010 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-09-2012, 05:46 PM    (permalink
YotoJets007
Pro Bowler

YotoJets007 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.YotoJets007 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.YotoJets007 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.YotoJets007 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.YotoJets007 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.YotoJets007 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.YotoJets007 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.YotoJets007 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.YotoJets007 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.YotoJets007 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.YotoJets007 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hurricanes25 View Post
How about Dirk Koetter? He's doing a great job with the Atlanta Falcons offense this year and has had head coaching experience on the college level.

He would do. Get the run game back.
YotoJets007 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-09-2012, 05:47 PM    (permalink
SickwithIt1010
All-Pro

SickwithIt1010 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SickwithIt1010 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SickwithIt1010 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SickwithIt1010 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SickwithIt1010 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SickwithIt1010 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SickwithIt1010 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SickwithIt1010 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SickwithIt1010 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SickwithIt1010 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SickwithIt1010 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by D-Unit View Post
Out of curiosity are there fans in this world that would want Jason Garrett as the HC of their team?
Absolutely not.

Quote:
Originally Posted by 49erNation85 View Post
I wouldn't be sir prized if he passed McCoy on the depth chart. I think he might have a better arm and accurate arm then him from the highlights I thought. He also got some wheels too help us prepare for QB's as Wilson , RG3 and other runners etc.
SickwithIt1010 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-09-2012, 05:49 PM    (permalink
bucfan12
Pro Bowler

Quote:
Originally Posted by SickwithIt1010 View Post
Fangio isn't taking any head coaching gigs. He's kinda let it be known that he isnt really interested in being anything more than that. Roman on the other hand I could see getting a lot of offers. I know the college game is very fond of him and he was the front runner for the PSU job before they hired O'brien.

Chip Kelly might be a guy that keeps being mentioned. Wouldnt be surprised to see him bounce with the talks of the Ducks going under sanctions soon. What about the possibility of a guy like Muschamp? The guy is a very good defensive coach, but his energy and passion seems more suited for the pro game. Many people mentioned they thought Les Miles would be jumping to the NFL last year, so you may hear his name some more as far as college guys.

I think Saban is staying put, he tried out the NFL thing...but he just seems to like the college game more...some guys just like teaching more so than anything, I mean how much more can you really teach an NFL guy about football. Its more X's and O's and calling the game once you get to that level, where you can still work on somethin at the college level.
Now way to Chip Kelly. He had his chance. He was announced to become the next head coach in Tampa and then backed out at the last second after agreeing to the position. He pulled that Billy Donavon of College basketball to the point many will think twice if he wants to leave college.

Plus, I kind of want to know how he would run an NFL team? Word had it that he thought what he runs can work in the NFL. Tend to have a different opinion.
Old 10-09-2012, 05:51 PM    (permalink
YotoJets007
Pro Bowler

YotoJets007 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.YotoJets007 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.YotoJets007 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.YotoJets007 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.YotoJets007 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.YotoJets007 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.YotoJets007 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.YotoJets007 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.YotoJets007 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.YotoJets007 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.YotoJets007 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:

Greg Roman is from New Jersey. umm.

Chip Kelly will be the difficult one to figure out. What kind of pro team will he prep up?
YotoJets007 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-17-2012, 12:55 AM    (permalink
Leon Sandcastle
Veteran

Leon Sandcastle is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Leon Sandcastle is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Leon Sandcastle is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Leon Sandcastle is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Leon Sandcastle is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Leon Sandcastle is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Leon Sandcastle is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Leon Sandcastle is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Leon Sandcastle is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Leon Sandcastle is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Leon Sandcastle is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I want to know more about Pat Fitzgerald.
Leon Sandcastle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-20-2012, 01:20 PM    (permalink
Polamalu_is_God
Rookie

Polamalu_is_God Polamalu_is_God Polamalu_is_God Polamalu_is_God Polamalu_is_God Polamalu_is_God Polamalu_is_God Polamalu_is_God Polamalu_is_God Polamalu_is_God Polamalu_is_God

Raheem Morris should get another shot.

By:BK the God
Polamalu_is_God is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-20-2012, 02:35 PM    (permalink
BeerBaron
Team Leader
Legend

BeerBaron is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BeerBaron is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BeerBaron is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BeerBaron is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BeerBaron is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BeerBaron is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BeerBaron is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BeerBaron is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BeerBaron is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BeerBaron is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BeerBaron is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Polamalu_is_God View Post
I'd prefer to see him get a full DC job first and have some success. I believe that was Tampa's original plan for him before he started getting interviews elsewhere, so they made him head coach rather than risk losing him.

He's still SUPER young by head coaching standards, so he has time. Allowing a few more years to pass after that failure in Tampa while doing well as a coordinator would be good for him.
Old 10-20-2012, 02:43 PM    (permalink
Polamalu_is_God
Rookie

Polamalu_is_God Polamalu_is_God Polamalu_is_God Polamalu_is_God Polamalu_is_God Polamalu_is_God Polamalu_is_God Polamalu_is_God Polamalu_is_God Polamalu_is_God Polamalu_is_God

Quote:
Originally Posted by BeerBaron View Post
I'd prefer to see him get a full DC job first and have some success. I believe that was Tampa's original plan for him before he started getting interviews elsewhere, so they made him head coach rather than risk losing him.

He's still SUPER young by head coaching standards, so he has time. Allowing a few more years to pass after that failure in Tampa while doing well as a coordinator would be good for him.
Well said. I just think he has the leadership qualities to succeed at HC again.

Old 10-20-2012, 06:12 PM    (permalink
Shane P. Hallam
SWDC Mafia
Legend

Shane P. Hallam is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Shane P. Hallam is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Shane P. Hallam is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Shane P. Hallam is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Shane P. Hallam is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Shane P. Hallam is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Shane P. Hallam is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Shane P. Hallam is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Shane P. Hallam is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Shane P. Hallam is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Shane P. Hallam is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Wasn't that the big problem with him last year?

Follow Me on Twitter!
https://twitter.com/ShanePHallam
Shane P. Hallam is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-20-2012, 06:20 PM    (permalink
Polamalu_is_God
Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shane P. Hallam View Post
Wasn't that the big problem with him last year?
Had nothing to do with his leadership capabilities, it was was more of a personel issue along with bad offensive playcalling.

Old 10-20-2012, 06:46 PM    (permalink
bucfan12
Pro Bowler

Quote:
He knows how to take his players to te bars and get wasted after 30 point blow out losses. Now that's a leader :)
Old 10-20-2012, 06:57 PM    (permalink
The Alex
Pro Bowler

The Alex is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.The Alex is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.The Alex is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.The Alex is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.The Alex is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.The Alex is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.The Alex is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.The Alex is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.The Alex is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.The Alex is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.The Alex is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
I mean how much more can you really teach an NFL guy about football. Its more X's and O's and calling the game once you get to that level, where you can still work on somethin at the college level.

Quote:
Originally Posted by phlysac View Post
I heard that Sylvester Stallone wrote The Expendables with The Alex in mind. He had to keep it realistic though and split The Alex's abilities into multiple characters. Stallone thought that critics would pan it for being too far-fetched if he just had one character effing everyone up.
The end. Cut to black. Audience goes ****ing ape****.
The Alex is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-20-2012, 07:52 PM    (permalink
Caddy
Team Leader
Legend

Caddy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Caddy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Caddy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Caddy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Caddy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Caddy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Caddy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Caddy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Caddy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Caddy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Caddy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
He doesn't deserve another shot yet. Give it five years at the bare minimum. Raheem's big problem was that he wanted to be one of the guys. He wasn't really mature enough to be a HC. This worked fine for the first season because everyone was enjoying themselves, having fun and we had an easy schedule that season. But that kinda thing just won't fly in the pros. I'd say he needs at least 5-10 years of coordinator experience before he should be given another shot.

Caddy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-20-2012, 08:08 PM    (permalink
Docta
Veteran

Docta is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Docta is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Docta is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Docta is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Docta is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Docta is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Docta is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Docta is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Docta is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Docta is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Docta is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wide Right View Post
I want to know more about Pat Fitzgerald.
Well, he's not heading to the NFL anytime soon after these 2 choke jobs.
Old 10-20-2012, 09:19 PM    (permalink
ChiFan24
2011 SWDC Mock Draft Champ
Pro Bowler

ChiFan24 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ChiFan24 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ChiFan24 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ChiFan24 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ChiFan24 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ChiFan24 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ChiFan24 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ChiFan24 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ChiFan24 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ChiFan24 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ChiFan24 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Docta View Post
Well, he's not heading to the NFL anytime soon after these 2 choke jobs.
Today was really pathetic on his part. I don't know why in the world you would let Taylor freaking Martinez pick you apart through the air by playing 10-20 yards off every receiver on the field.
Old 10-20-2012, 10:07 PM    (permalink
mqtirishfan
All-Pro

mqtirishfan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.mqtirishfan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.mqtirishfan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.mqtirishfan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.mqtirishfan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.mqtirishfan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.mqtirishfan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.mqtirishfan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.mqtirishfan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.mqtirishfan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.mqtirishfan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by ChiFan24 View Post
Today was really pathetic on his part. I don't know why in the world you would let Taylor freaking Martinez pick you apart through the air by playing 10-20 yards off every receiver on the field.
Sounds like he's ready for the NFL in that case.
mqtirishfan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-21-2012, 03:31 AM    (permalink
Polamalu_is_God
Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by Caddy View Post
He doesn't deserve another shot yet. Give it five years at the bare minimum. Raheem's big problem was that he wanted to be one of the guys. He wasn't really mature enough to be a HC. This worked fine for the first season because everyone was enjoying themselves, having fun and we had an easy schedule that season. But that kinda thing just won't fly in the pros. I'd say he needs at least 5-10 years of coordinator experience before he should be given another shot.
What do you expect?, He is a coach thats the same age as his players whos season waas doomed from the start, you would need a drink too the way things were going. I just say wrong place, wrong time. I still saw some good leadership ability in that short time. Bucs fans need to stop placing 100% of the blame on Raheem the dream.

Old 10-21-2012, 03:32 AM    (permalink
Polamalu_is_God
Rookie

Quote:
Accidentally posted twice.

Last edited by Polamalu_is_God : 10-21-2012 at 05:09 AM.
Old 10-21-2012, 03:33 AM    (permalink
Polamalu_is_God
Rookie

Quote:
Maybe not now, UNLESS, he's paired up with some veteran players, maybe like the new Cowboys coach, or maybe the Eagles coach if Reid doesn't pull it together. Idk, just my thoughts.

Last edited by Polamalu_is_God : 10-21-2012 at 05:16 AM.