Draft Countdown Forums

Go Back   Draft Countdown Forums > Draft Countdown Forums > Team Boards > Dallas Cowboys Team Forum

Dallas Cowboys Team Forum Discuss America's Team - How 'bout dem Cowboys!

Old 10-21-2012, 01:20 PM    (permalink
Trogdor
Pro Bowler

Trogdor is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Trogdor is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Trogdor is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Trogdor is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Trogdor is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Trogdor is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Trogdor is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Trogdor is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Trogdor is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Trogdor is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Trogdor is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Problem is today has been execution. Play calls are fine minus not adjusting to short drags and no Qb spying. Romo missed one. Miles didn't secure. Hatcher missed a third down sack. Could easily be 14-0.
Trogdor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-21-2012, 01:22 PM    (permalink
FreshBoy!
Veteran

FreshBoy! is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.FreshBoy! is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.FreshBoy! is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.FreshBoy! is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.FreshBoy! is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.FreshBoy! is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.FreshBoy! is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.FreshBoy! is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.FreshBoy! is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.FreshBoy! is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.FreshBoy! is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by D-Unit View Post
7-3 score feel good? I hope we don't lose today. How we only have 3 points against Carolina is baffling.
I really don't understand how everything is pinned on JG?
The offense is MOVING....Austin fumbling running across the got damn middle of the field isn't in JG's control.

Again, y'all mistake this as me defending JG...No...I'm just saying that this group of Cowboys are....are...Losers, the same core that retired a HOF coach, choked away their primes for Wade, and are now making JG look foolish...and from what I've seen JG has brought in a some talented players in the two drafts he's been responsible for. I'm ready to turn the page on this Boys core, and build around Lee/Carter/Demarco & Dez....is all.

My point is that a brand new coach does nothing with this group. I guarantee it...If in 2 years JG's turned over the roster and we're still making the same mistakes..I'm wrong, call me on it, say it was the worst coaching decision Jerry has ever made. Whatever. I'm just saying, from the looks of things, JG has no problems releasing veterans that are underachieving. I expect him to hold players like Romo/Austin/Free accountable..but he can't do it in the middle of the season. It's impossible. And would be waving the white flag for the season.
Cowher, Gruden, Saban, etc aren't doing anything different with this got damn core.

Last edited by FreshBoy! : 10-21-2012 at 01:31 PM.
FreshBoy! is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-21-2012, 01:30 PM    (permalink
LonghornsLegend
Legend

LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by FreshBoy! View Post
The offense is MOVING....Austin fumbling running across the got damn middle of the field isn't in JG's control.

Again, y'all mistake this as me defending JG...No...I'm just saying that this group of Cowboys are....are...Losers, the same core that retired a HOF coach, choked away their primes for Wade, and are now making JG look foolish...and from what I've seen JG has brought in a some talented players in the two drafts he's been responsible for. I'm ready to turn the page on this Boys core, and build around Lee/Carter/Demarco & Dez....is all.

My point is that a brand new coach does nothing with this group. I guarantee it...If in 2 years JG's turned over the roster and we're still making the same mistakes..I'm wrong, call me on it, say it was the worst coaching decision JG has ever made.
Cowher, Gruden, Saban, etc aren't doing anything different with this got damn core.

I agree with this. I don't like to pin everything on JG at all, but there are certain times in a game where the presence of a good Head Coach is apparent, and we usually end up falling short. No these things aren't his fault, but wait until the end of the game when it's still tight. His decision making is very suspect at crucial times, and if you have a problem handling the game/clock you can't really screw that up until late.

Now that said, he doesn't need to make every single decision right, coaches like Lovie Smith makes a ton of wrong choices but he's still a great coach. Things like throwing a challenge at the wrong time, going for a 4th down and not punting, going for it and not kicking a fg, those types of decisions I will roll with our coach and whatever he feels.

Some things though a coach shouldn't screw up with. Do it once you better learn from it, do it twice and it's fairly clear that he chokes up when the game is on the line. You guys can have faith that it'll change but I'm 100% sold that is the type of coach he is and it's not going to change.

Certain coaches know how to change an entire teams mentality, Harbaugh has changed the culture in San Fran, not just improved the level of the teams play. Until we get someone in here to change this losing culture, we will always seem to find ways to lose games when it's close and commit huge penalties at the worst times.

None of us here are confident we are going to win this game, and for very good reason.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Scott Wright View Post
I guarantee that if someone picks Cam Newton in the Top 5 they will regret it.
LonghornsLegend is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-21-2012, 01:35 PM    (permalink
FreshBoy!
Veteran

FreshBoy! is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.FreshBoy! is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.FreshBoy! is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.FreshBoy! is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.FreshBoy! is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.FreshBoy! is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.FreshBoy! is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.FreshBoy! is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.FreshBoy! is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.FreshBoy! is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.FreshBoy! is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I'll agree 100% that JG has made his fair share of mistakes. Choked away a couple games. But what coach doesn't? Andy Reid is notorious for bad clock management, but he consistently has put a contender on the field. I just hope that when it's all said and done and we look back, JG"s mishaps are an anomaly and not the norm. The players he's brought in, the ability to put points on the board year after year, the practice habits and want for his team to go all out the entire game, gives me faith that he's going to be a good coach. It just has to set in with the players, and it won't with this core. It's the core y'all..the core is rotten from the inside.

Blind faith? maybe...but that's all I have to go on right now.

Last edited by FreshBoy! : 10-21-2012 at 01:38 PM.
Old 10-21-2012, 01:39 PM    (permalink
D-Unit
DC Administrator
Legend

D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:

My point is that a brand new coach does nothing with this group. I guarantee it...If in 2 years JG's turned over the roster and we're still making the same mistakes..I'm wrong, call me on it, say it was the worst coaching decision Jerry has ever made. Whatever. I'm just saying, from the looks of things, JG has no problems releasing veterans that are underachieving. I expect him to hold players like Romo/Austin/Free accountable..but he can't do it in the middle of the season. It's impossible. And would be waving the white flag for the season.
The core of the team isn't the problem. Romo is. He and Garrett can take a hike. Your HC and QB are so damn crucial in this game.

To say another coach wouldn't make a difference is simply ignorant. You can argue whether it would be good or bad, but to say no diffference is just hate talk.

Here comes more Tony Romo short passes on 3rd down to our #3 WR, btw. Great stuff... getting handled by the Carolina Panthers defense. EMBARASSING.
D-Unit is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-21-2012, 01:42 PM    (permalink
D-Unit
DC Administrator
Legend

D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Ware is a man possessed!
Old 10-21-2012, 01:43 PM    (permalink
D-Unit
DC Administrator
Legend

Wooo! We've missed that pressure from Ratliff! Loving what he's showing today.

D got us the ball back. Now LET'S GO OFFENSE!!!!
Old 10-21-2012, 01:46 PM    (permalink
FreshBoy!
Veteran

Quote:
The core of the team isn't the problem. Romo is. He and Garrett can take a hike. Your HC and QB are so damn crucial in this game.

To say another coach wouldn't make a difference is simply ignorant. You can argue whether it would be good or bad, but to say no diffference is just hate talk.

Here comes more Tony Romo short passes on 3rd down to our #3 WR, btw. Great stuff... getting handled by the Carolina Panthers defense. EMBARASSING.
How many times has Ware & the defense shown up in the first half, and then wilt when it matters most? Point to a single game besides the Saints game a few years ago that the Defense made a game changing stop.

I'm not saying a new coach won't make a difference, I'm saying....JG, or a new coach, are going to have to change this core. I think JG will do this, and I respect his eye for talent. We've seen them with 3 different coaches. You guys are blaming JG, I'm blaming the players. Austin is a millionaire that started as a undrafted FA, and he's running over the middle after a big catch holding the ball out like he wants to cough it up.

Austin & Romo not connecting in NY last year for the season. The coach isn't the problem.

Oggs bobbling balls now...hahaa, THE CORE IS ROTTEN!
Old 10-21-2012, 01:48 PM    (permalink
FreshBoy!
Veteran

Finally....enough to give us hope...Let's go cowboys!
Old 10-21-2012, 01:49 PM    (permalink
D-Unit
DC Administrator
Legend

Dude Miles Austin isn't our problem.
Old 10-21-2012, 01:50 PM    (permalink
texans_4_texas
Rookie

texans_4_texas texans_4_texas texans_4_texas texans_4_texas texans_4_texas texans_4_texas texans_4_texas texans_4_texas texans_4_texas texans_4_texas texans_4_texas

Well, I have always been of the opinion this Offense runs on schedule when Austin is the #1 option. Could care less about the complimentary WR like Dez for anything beyond 3-4 catches per week and 5 targets.

Hate the fumble but that is like his first mistake this season?
texans_4_texas is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-21-2012, 01:50 PM    (permalink
FreshBoy!
Veteran

Quote:
You're not reading anything I'm saying...so I'll concede.

Yay cowboys!
Old 10-21-2012, 01:52 PM    (permalink
texans_4_texas
Rookie

texans_4_texas texans_4_texas texans_4_texas texans_4_texas texans_4_texas texans_4_texas texans_4_texas texans_4_texas texans_4_texas texans_4_texas texans_4_texas

Quote:
If only we fans would celebrate him and recognize he is our best WR.

Bad karma when we don't IMHO.
texans_4_texas is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-21-2012, 01:54 PM    (permalink
LonghornsLegend
Legend

LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
How many times has Ware & the defense shown up in the first half, and then wilt when it matters most? Point to a single game besides the Saints game a few years ago that the Defense made a game changing stop.

I'm not saying a new coach won't make a difference, I'm saying....JG, or a new coach, are going to have to change this core. I think JG will do this, and I respect his eye for talent. We've seen them with 3 different coaches. You guys are blaming JG, I'm blaming the players. Austin is a millionaire that started as a undrafted FA, and he's running over the middle after a big catch holding the ball out like he wants to cough it up.

Austin & Romo not connecting in NY last year for the season. The coach isn't the problem.

Oggs bobbling balls now...hahaa, THE CORE IS ROTTEN!

It just seems like for the definitions you use, it's never a HC's fault or deserves to be fired. You don't think guys are dropping balls in San Diego? Let's let Norv keep his job another 5 years because Rivers keeps throwing picks and that's not a HC's fault. Vick keeps fumbling so Reid won't get fired, Mike Singletary had Alex Smith and he can't throw the ball downfield so it's his fault, Singletary should keep his job.

See how that works? What Head Coach that has ever gotten fired could you have not said all the exact same things? Yet magically since Harbaugh has taken over virtually the same cast of players doesn't turn the ball over anymore, doesn't commit penalties, has a winning mentality, everyone plays with urgency, so you see a different output from those players.

I just think your understating the effect of a great HC. If you looked at it the way you did no coach would ever get fired because players were dropping balls or fumbling so it's on them. JG is a great football mind, but a terrible HC, it's not going to change the longer he's here but I won't knock anyone for believing he will. I hope so too, but there is just no point in evaluating him based on how our players play then blaming it on the players for not performing well.

It's one of the primary jobs of a HC to get the max out of all their players.

Quote:
Old 10-21-2012, 01:55 PM    (permalink
FreshBoy!
Veteran

D-Line is playing well today!!
Old 10-21-2012, 01:57 PM    (permalink
D-Unit
DC Administrator
Legend

Quote:
You're not reading anything I'm saying...so I'll concede.

Yay cowboys!
Well who is this rotten core that you speak of? You just ragged on Austin so I take he's part of it, but who else?
Old 10-21-2012, 01:58 PM    (permalink
LonghornsLegend
Legend

Well what a surprise Dez hurt on a punt return. Purely coincidental though. Let's keep trotting him out there though!

Quote:
Old 10-21-2012, 01:59 PM    (permalink
D-Unit
DC Administrator
Legend

Mo Claiborne is better than Darrelle Revis. Ha ha ha ha!

Seriously though... he's been just awesome as a first year rookie.
TheFinisher
Pro Bowler

TheFinisher is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TheFinisher is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TheFinisher is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TheFinisher is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TheFinisher is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TheFinisher is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TheFinisher is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TheFinisher is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TheFinisher is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TheFinisher is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TheFinisher is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by LonghornsLegend View Post
Well what a surprise Dez hurt on a punt return. Purely coincidental though. Let's keep trotting him out there though!
We're doing everything in our power to stunt his career. Let him return punts and ice him out of our offense. SMH
TheFinisher is offline   Reply With Quote
FreshBoy!
Veteran

Quote:
It just seems like for the definitions you use, it's never a HC's fault or deserves to be fired. You don't think guys are dropping balls in San Diego? Let's let Norv keep his job another 5 years because Rivers keeps throwing picks and that's not a HC's fault. Vick keeps fumbling so Reid won't get fired, Mike Singletary had Alex Smith and he can't throw the ball downfield so it's his fault, Singletary should keep his job.
No, I'm saying I've seen enough from 3 head coaches, with 3 different styles that maybe it IS romo and some of these players...and not squarely on the coaches.

Quote:
See how that works? What Head Coach that has ever gotten fired could you have not said all the exact same things? Yet magically since Harbaugh has taken over virtually the same cast of players doesn't turn the ball over anymore, doesn't commit penalties, has a winning mentality, everyone plays with urgency, so you see a different output from those players.
You're missing what I'm saying...I'm not absolving JG...I'm saying I've seen enough out of Romo & co. to say that it doesn't matter what coach we bring in here. Y'all believe differently is all.

Quote:
I just think your understating the effect of a great HC. If you looked at it the way you did no coach would ever get fired because players were dropping balls or fumbling so it's on them. JG is a great football mind, but a terrible HC, it's not going to change the longer he's here but I won't knock anyone for believing he will. I hope so too, but there is just no point in evaluating him based on how our players play then blaming it on the players for not performing well.

It's one of the primary jobs of a HC to get the max out of all their players.
Not at all. Again, JG has definitely had his hand in a couple of losses. You're not understanding that I'm blaming JG for his bad time management, for his bad playcalling, for all the things a HC is responsible for, but I also blame this damn Core of players for not executing...and because I've seen them do the same with 3 head coaches...I'm blaming them for the majority of these issues.

That's all. I want to turn the page on this group, rebuild, and then grade JG based off that...because I've seen enough from this group under various head coaches to know that they will constantly fight an uphill battle against themselves.
Old 10-21-2012, 02:00 PM    (permalink
D-Unit
DC Administrator
Legend

Quote:
It's ok though bro. Garrett and Romo don't include him in the offense because they don't want to hurt thier punt returner.
Old 10-21-2012, 02:00 PM    (permalink
FreshBoy!
Veteran

Quote:
Mo Claiborne is better than Darrelle Revis. Ha ha ha ha!

Seriously though... he's been just awesome as a first year rookie.
I'm ridiculously excited for his career here in Dallas. He's been stellar as a rookie. Stellar, he's going to get beat, like every rookie CB, but he's shown that he can play with the big boys...and play well. Great pick.
Old 10-21-2012, 02:03 PM    (permalink
FreshBoy!
Veteran

Quote:
Well who is this rotten core that you speak of? You just ragged on Austin so I take he's part of it, but who else?
It's mainly romo:(
I think I'm done with him....and I've been his biggest fan and defender for years.

But felix, Austin, Ware, Rat.

Basically, if we could flip any of those players for high picks, I'd do it in a heartbeat.
Old 10-21-2012, 02:04 PM    (permalink
LonghornsLegend
Legend

Quote:
It's mainly romo:(
I think I'm done with him....and I've been his biggest fan and defender for years.

But felix, Austin, Ware, Rat.

Basically, if we could flip any of those players for high picks, I'd do it in a heartbeat.
Not sure if serious....

Quote:
Old 10-21-2012, 02:07 PM    (permalink
FreshBoy!
Veteran

Quote:
Not sure if serious....
Completely, if the Jets offered a 1st & 3rd right now I'd hope Jerry would take it.
Ware's my favorite Cowboy that's not a triplet....I have the utmost respect for him and Witten.....Warriors and the best of the best at their positions.

I'm just not convinced that we'll see a SB with this group of players...and we need to use the draft to build a better team around the new pieces we have in Carter, Lee, Demarco, Dez, Claiborne....Spend some currency on a QB of the future, draft in the trenches, and go from there.

:( I'm sad I'm even typing this.