Draft Countdown Forums

Go Back   Draft Countdown Forums > Draft Countdown Forums > Team Boards > New York Jets Team Forum

New York Jets Team Forum Discuss the J-E-T-S

Old 10-20-2012, 11:18 AM    (permalink
derza222
All-Pro

derza222 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.derza222 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.derza222 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.derza222 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.derza222 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.derza222 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.derza222 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.derza222 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.derza222 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.derza222 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.derza222 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

So, how's everyone feeling about tomorrow's game?
derza222 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-20-2012, 11:20 AM    (permalink
josh07039
Pro Bowler

Location: "Im against Picketing, but I don't know how to show it"-Mitch Hedberg
josh07039 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.josh07039 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.josh07039 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.josh07039 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.josh07039 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.josh07039 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.josh07039 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.josh07039 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.josh07039 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.josh07039 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.josh07039 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by derza222 View Post
Not too good.

And Yotojets, I just have no idea what you are talking about. I honestly can't tell what your deal is.

Last edited by josh07039 : 10-20-2012 at 11:25 AM.
josh07039 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-20-2012, 12:17 PM    (permalink
YotoJets007
Pro Bowler

YotoJets007 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.YotoJets007 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.YotoJets007 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.YotoJets007 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.YotoJets007 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.YotoJets007 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.YotoJets007 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.YotoJets007 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.YotoJets007 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.YotoJets007 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.YotoJets007 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by josh07039 View Post
Not too good.

And Yotojets, I just have no idea what you are talking about. I honestly can't tell what your deal is.

If Greene runs for 100 plus yards, the offense should stay on the field longer than the defense. Fresher defense will take a care of dangerous opposing offense. It will bring Jets back into balance.

Stephen Hill and Jason Hill together should help Jets reach 10th victory this season.

And you certainly don't believe those.
YotoJets007 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-20-2012, 12:50 PM    (permalink
josh07039
Pro Bowler

josh07039 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.josh07039 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.josh07039 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.josh07039 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.josh07039 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.josh07039 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.josh07039 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.josh07039 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.josh07039 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.josh07039 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.josh07039 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by YotoJets007 View Post
If Greene runs for 100 plus yards, the offense should stay on the field longer than the defense. Fresher defense will take a care of dangerous opposing offense. It will bring Jets back into balance.

Stephen Hill and Jason Hill together should help Jets reach 10th victory this season.

And you certainly don't believe those.
I just dont understand where all this positivity is coming from. Greene almost showed a good game against one of the worst defenses in the league against the run. As for the wideouts, Stephen Hill has some promise but a ton of inexperience and Jason Hill is really meh.

Nothing i have seen suggests that positivity is justified.
Old 10-20-2012, 12:54 PM    (permalink
YotoJets007
Pro Bowler

YotoJets007 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.YotoJets007 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.YotoJets007 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.YotoJets007 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.YotoJets007 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.YotoJets007 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.YotoJets007 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.YotoJets007 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.YotoJets007 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.YotoJets007 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.YotoJets007 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
I just dont understand where all this positivity is coming from. Greene almost showed a good game against one of the worst defenses in the league against the run. As for the wideouts, Stephen Hill has some promise but a ton of inexperience and Jason Hill is really meh.

Nothing i have seen suggests that positivity is justified.
Hence oddities.
Old 10-20-2012, 01:00 PM    (permalink
josh07039
Pro Bowler

Quote:
Hence oddities.
Oddities happen sometimes. Shonn Greene is a pile of ****.
Old 10-20-2012, 02:31 PM    (permalink
Hurricanes25
All-Pro

Hurricanes25 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hurricanes25 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hurricanes25 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hurricanes25 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hurricanes25 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hurricanes25 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hurricanes25 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hurricanes25 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hurricanes25 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hurricanes25 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hurricanes25 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
I don't think we win but I think we keep it somewhat close. NE's pass defense is awful so I think Kerley and Hill will have their opportunities to make some plays, as long as Sanchez isn't completely inept. Like I said, i don't think we win but I am definitely looking forward to it nonetheless.

Sig by BoneKrusher
Hurricanes25 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-20-2012, 02:46 PM    (permalink
YotoJets007
Pro Bowler

Quote:
Oddities happen sometimes. Shonn Greene is a pile of ****.
Sorry to learn that you are uptight.
Old 10-20-2012, 02:47 PM    (permalink
YotoJets007
Pro Bowler

If Patriots' pass defense being weak is true then Sanchez has to pass for at least 250 yards. No excuse.
Old 10-20-2012, 04:18 PM    (permalink
josh07039
Pro Bowler

Quote:
Sorry to learn that you are uptight.
Uptight? Not sure that is a fitting adjective.
Old 10-20-2012, 04:37 PM    (permalink
derza222
All-Pro

derza222 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.derza222 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.derza222 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.derza222 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.derza222 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.derza222 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.derza222 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.derza222 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.derza222 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.derza222 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.derza222 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Think realistic is more fitting for Josh. Yoto's optimism balances out some of us other Jets fans though, it'd be boring if we were all the same.

If you don't mind my asking Yoto, is English your first language? I hope you're not offended by the question, but I've been wondering since you started posting here.
Old 10-20-2012, 05:15 PM    (permalink
YotoJets007
Pro Bowler

Quote:
Think realistic is more fitting for Josh. Yoto's optimism balances out some of us other Jets fans though, it'd be boring if we were all the same.

If you don't mind my asking Yoto, is English your first language? I hope you're not offended by the question, but I've been wondering since you started posting here.

No but someone told me that unless I wrote some articles for Playboy, it was not a problem so I had no idea how bad was my English. For 1-5 scale with 5 being average, what is my number?
Old 10-20-2012, 07:36 PM    (permalink
derza222
All-Pro

Your English is pretty good but there's just a few things you've said that make it seem like you're not a native speaker.

On topic, should be an interesting matchup this week. The Jets have struggled against the run this season and in the past have tended to drop lots of people into coverage but in turn have given the Pats room to run in the past to avoid Brady completely tearing them. But this season the Pats are running the ball fairly well.

The Jets' run defense has really been more of an issue against speed backs and late in games when they wear down because the offense can't stay on the field. So early I think they'll have a chance to bottle up Ridley fairly well, and late will depend on whether or not the offense does anything. Not sure if Ryan will make more of a point of trying to defend the run with the Pats running the ball fairly well this season. But I have a feeling the Pats will be able to move the ball in the air or on the ground.

The Jets haven't really been able to move the ball unless they're playing against bad defenses. The Pats are considerably better against the run than the pass, and the Jets will likely have a hard time moving it on the ground even though they want to be a run first team. Puts a lot of pressure on Sanchez. If he plays well the Jets will be able to stay on the field, keep the defense fresh, drop a lot of guys and maybe stop the run somewhat well. Then maybe they'll have a chance. Huge if though. And they'll have to win the turnover battle, which seems unlikely too.

Bet it's going to be ugly, but maybe a ton of things break right and it's a better game than I think.
Old 10-21-2012, 11:06 AM    (permalink
Matthew Jones
All-NFLDC

Matthew Jones is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Matthew Jones is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Matthew Jones is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Matthew Jones is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Matthew Jones is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Matthew Jones is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Matthew Jones is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Matthew Jones is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Matthew Jones is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Matthew Jones is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Matthew Jones is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Here's my preview of the game for NEPatriotsDraft:

http://www.nepatriotsdraft.com/2012/...eek-seven.html
Old 10-22-2012, 03:00 PM    (permalink
YotoJets007
Pro Bowler

Where the heck did he get those details from? Damn. M.J. Good summary.

I dont like two things about Jets.

#1: Sanchez called for timeout to avoid a delay penalty when the LOS was inside own's 5 yard? Idiot.

#2: Rex Ryan called for FG when Jets were dealing with 4th down and a yard as the LOS was about 3 yards away from endzone. I would fairly understand if it was 4th down and goal. Jets should go for it. If Jets succeeded to reset to 1st down then Jets could continue playing for 7. If Jets failed to convert the 4th down then Patriots would start inside their own 5 yards. Better add 3 points than nothing gutless.
Old 10-22-2012, 03:01 PM    (permalink
soybean
All-Pro

soybean is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.soybean is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.soybean is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.soybean is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.soybean is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.soybean is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.soybean is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.soybean is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.soybean is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.soybean is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.soybean is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

If Stephen Hill did not drop that pass, we would have won.
soybean is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-22-2012, 03:12 PM    (permalink
YotoJets007
Pro Bowler

Quote:
Originally Posted by soybean View Post
If Stephen Hill did not drop that pass, we would have won.

No freaking Kidding!!
Old 10-22-2012, 08:08 PM    (permalink
thetedginnshow
All-NFLDC

thetedginnshow is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thetedginnshow is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thetedginnshow is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thetedginnshow is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thetedginnshow is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thetedginnshow is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thetedginnshow is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thetedginnshow is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thetedginnshow is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thetedginnshow is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thetedginnshow is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Well, some people think the Pats are the best team in the AFC, and I know they were down some players, but still. I think that was pretty promising. Without so many bonehead mistakes, we could have won that pretty easily. I don't think we're in such a bad place. They just have to keep their heads up and stick together.
Old 10-22-2012, 08:13 PM    (permalink
gpngc
All-NFLDC

gpngc is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.gpngc is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.gpngc is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.gpngc is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.gpngc is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.gpngc is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.gpngc is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.gpngc is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.gpngc is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.gpngc is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.gpngc is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

That game has me sick.

So many missed opportunities for the Jets. Costly lost.
gpngc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-22-2012, 08:17 PM    (permalink
Hurricanes25
All-Pro

Hurricanes25 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hurricanes25 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hurricanes25 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hurricanes25 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hurricanes25 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hurricanes25 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hurricanes25 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hurricanes25 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hurricanes25 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hurricanes25 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hurricanes25 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

That was a heart breaker. Once again, we left too many points out on the field. We did it against Houston and now against NE. We're not better than either but we could have won both. Just very disappointing.

Sig by BoneKrusher

Last edited by Hurricanes25 : 10-22-2012 at 08:24 PM.
Old 10-22-2012, 08:23 PM    (permalink
gpngc
All-NFLDC

gpngc is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.gpngc is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.gpngc is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.gpngc is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.gpngc is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.gpngc is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.gpngc is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.gpngc is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.gpngc is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.gpngc is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.gpngc is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

1) Was the Hernandez fumble at the GL really a fumble? I only saw the replay once and it looked like there wasn't enough to overturn...

2) Besides the Hill drop, one thing stood out to me.

The playcalling after the fumbled kickoff was terrible. You have to go for the win there and running twice then doing a short-field bootleg on 3rd and long with Keller running underneath was not smart. If Keller catches that they get 4 yards and need YAC to get a first and Keller sucks at RAC.

In that situation you KNOW Brady is getting the ball back because of the way the time and timeouts were aligned. You CANNOT settle for a FG there and let him tie it because you know he's going to. You pass and go for the TD, and if you fall short you settle for the FG. Yes, he'd still have his timeouts left and more time if you throw two or three incompletions but would that have made any difference? Taking away his TOs by running didn't help - he still got the damn FG!

Ugh. I just hate playing not to lose. Play to WIN. They wouldn't have been ready for a PA pass on first down after that fumble. I think Tebow might've been in for that first down. HAVE HIM PASS RIGHT THERE. It would have been MONEY! PLAY TO WIN!!!!!!! This is a philosophy thing with Rex/Sparano. They are too conservative becasue they are defensive/running-game oriented when things get tight. Can't win like that in this league.
Old 10-22-2012, 08:26 PM    (permalink
Hurricanes25
All-Pro

Yeah, they were playing not to lose instead of trying to win. part of it is Rex and Sparano being stubborn (ground and pound) and the other part is them just not trusting Sanchez or Tebow for that matter to throw the ball.

Sig by BoneKrusher
Old 10-22-2012, 08:33 PM    (permalink
gpngc
All-NFLDC

See I don't buy that. They trust Sanchez enough to toss it around and give them a chance to win - and he does that just about every freaking week.

In that moment after the big recovery they just went into full OMG WE JUST GOT THE BALL GOTTA KEEP THE CLOCK MOVING WOW WE ARE SO LUCKY CANT **** THIS UP OMG THE CLOCK CANT GIVE HIM TOO MUCH TIME OMG THE CLOcK NOW WE CAN CONTROL THE CLOCK AND FORCE THEM TO USE TIMEOUTS WOW THAT WILL WORK CLOCK! POSSESSION! DEFENSE! TIE! YES! OMG Tony!!!!!

Sporano: IM ON THE SAME PAGE REX I KNOW. RUN RUN RUN THEN WE WILL TIE!!!!!!!!! AND MAKE THEM USE THEIR TIMEOUTS!!!!!!!!!!!! FOOL PROOF! BOY I LOVE YOU because YOU LOVE MANLY THINGS LIKE RUNNING THE CLOCK BY RUNNING AND MAKING THEM BURN TIMEOUTS AND DEFENSE IN OBVIOUS SITUATIONS!

Rex: LET ME SEE YOUR FEET.
Old 10-22-2012, 11:04 PM    (permalink
josh07039
Pro Bowler

Watching the Jets is liking watch a good movie about historical events. You know what is going to happen at the end, but you still feel all the tension and emotion.

In case anyone is curious, that is not a compliment to the jets at all.
Old 10-25-2012, 08:35 AM    (permalink
derza222
All-Pro

That comparison is quite apt, not that I'm at all surprised.

Snap counts from Sunday's game:
Demario Davis - 69
Bart Scott - 9

Supposedly that was due to Scott's lingering toe injury...only Scott played 7 snaps on specials. A changing of the guard at inside linebacker?