Draft Countdown Forums

Go Back   Draft Countdown Forums > The Locker Room > Fantasy

Fantasy Fantasy Sports and Forum Mocks

Old 10-23-2012, 02:21 PM    (permalink
Bert Macklin
All-Pro

Bert Macklin is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bert Macklin is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bert Macklin is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bert Macklin is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bert Macklin is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bert Macklin is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bert Macklin is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bert Macklin is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bert Macklin is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bert Macklin is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bert Macklin is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hines View Post
No one is good on the waiver wire.
if Ponder is there take him.
Bert Macklin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-23-2012, 02:32 PM    (permalink
FlyingElvis
All-Pro

FlyingElvis is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.FlyingElvis is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.FlyingElvis is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.FlyingElvis is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.FlyingElvis is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.FlyingElvis is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.FlyingElvis is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.FlyingElvis is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.FlyingElvis is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.FlyingElvis is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.FlyingElvis is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bengalsrz View Post
My matchups are way too good this week. Unfortunately I have to leave ONE of these guys on the bench... who should it be?

Lesean Mccoy vs ATL
Matt Forte vs CAR
Marshawn Lynch @ DET
Jordy Nelson vs JAC
Antonio Brown vs WAS
Eric Decker vs NO

This is tough...
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bert Macklin View Post
go with the best defense. that being ATL. Bench McCoy.
You're half right. The best run D against that list is the Lions. Bench Beastmode. (though I'm never a fan of playing a WR when you can play a RB, so benching a WR instead would be fine, too.)

Quote:
Originally Posted by bantx View Post
Palmer vs KC or Cam Cam vs Chi

I'm leaning towards Palmer against a horrible defense
I have Cam and Dalton so Dalton's bye is making my choice easy. I hate sitting Cam after a bad day b/c he's such a solid competitor. Still, Chicago's D should be able to eat him alive. Palmer is the safer play.

Sig img shamelessly stolen from teh interwebs
FlyingElvis is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-23-2012, 02:37 PM    (permalink
FlyingElvis
All-Pro

FlyingElvis is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.FlyingElvis is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.FlyingElvis is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.FlyingElvis is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.FlyingElvis is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.FlyingElvis is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.FlyingElvis is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.FlyingElvis is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.FlyingElvis is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.FlyingElvis is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.FlyingElvis is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by msteele617 View Post
Help me better my team? What players should I try and go after waivers/trades. Who's consistent and who should I sell now? (playoffs 14-16, Standard Scoring)

4-3
Q-Tom Brady
R-Matt Forte
R-Alfred Morris
R/W-Darren Sproles
W-Hakeem Nicks
W-Eric Decker
T-Owen Daniels
D-TB (Gonna drop in waivers for MIA or DEN) Just got burned by NO this week
K-Stephen Gostkowski
B-Steve Johnson
B-Ben Roethlisberger
B-Domenik Hixon (Nicks healthy should I drop?)
B-William Powell (Dropping in waivers, LSH already gone)
B-Santana Moss
B-David Wilson, NYG RB (Dropping in waivers)
The obvious FA target is Rashard Jennings. Powell/Moss/Wilson are droppable for the right players.

Quote:
Chose 2 RBs:

Darren McFadden vs KC
Doug Martin vs Minnesota
Alfred Morris vs Pittsburgh

Chose 1 flex:

Any left over RB
Josh Gordon vs SD
Lance Moore vs Denver

I'm leaning towards Morris, DMAC, Moore. 1 point PPR.
Yes, that's a good lean.

Quote:
Originally Posted by ImBrotherCain View Post
Thoughts on this deal.

SJax and Britt for R.Matthews.
Same. Take Mathews if you can. The Chargers look like they'll need to score constantly at this point and he's not splitting carries.

Old 10-23-2012, 02:40 PM    (permalink
Malaka
Thinking of Juan
Pro Bowler

Malaka is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Malaka is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Malaka is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Malaka is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Malaka is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Malaka is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Malaka is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Malaka is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Malaka is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Malaka is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Malaka is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
i think you know. and that's awesome RB depth BTW on a good day Spiller/F Jax can get you 50 points.

eta: yeah i'd do that in a heartbeat.
Charles is great, at least he has been. No idea what to think of the Chiefs going forward that's why I want to dump Bowe before his production sinks with Quinn.

I like CJ and F-Jax.... but I have no idea who to start... every week its freaking roulette... if can swap them for one player who's more productive I'd do it.

And Steven Jackson sucks.

Bone Krusher, the best
Malaka is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-23-2012, 02:41 PM    (permalink
FlyingElvis
All-Pro

Quote:
Originally Posted by Malaka View Post
How about Dwayne Bowe for Ryan Mathews? Who wins.

(I have Bowe, but lots WR depth with Colston, Julio Jones, Torrey Smith, Malcolm Floyd and Josh Gordon, but meager RB depth with Jamaal Charles, Spiller, F-Jax, and S-Jax at RB.)
I wouldn't do this one, especially if you're starting 3 WR. It's tough to trust Torrey, Floyd or Gordon and Mathews looks more like a WDIS headache than a major upgrade to your lineup. If you must trade, try to package a 2 for 1 and land a true stud in return.

Quote:
I'm trying to buy low on Stafford because I don't trust Romo or Flacco later in the season. Would you try and buy low on him or keep Romo and Flacco?
Holy punt, Batman. Go with your gut . . . which shouldn't trust any of them.

Old 10-23-2012, 02:46 PM    (permalink
Malaka
Thinking of Juan
Pro Bowler

Malaka is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Malaka is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Malaka is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Malaka is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Malaka is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Malaka is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Malaka is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Malaka is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Malaka is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Malaka is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Malaka is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by FlyingElvis View Post
I wouldn't do this one, especially if you're starting 3 WR. It's tough to trust Torrey, Floyd or Gordon and Mathews looks more like a WDIS headache than a major upgrade to your lineup. If you must trade, try to package a 2 for 1 and land a true stud in return.

Holy punt, Batman. Go with your gut . . . which shouldn't trust any of them.
I can easily do F-Jax/Spiller as the flex instead though.

Chargers D vs. CLE

or

Minnesota D vs. TB

Bone Krusher, the best
Malaka is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-23-2012, 02:58 PM    (permalink
FlyingElvis
All-Pro

Quote:
Originally Posted by Malaka View Post
I can easily do F-Jax/Spiller as the flex instead though.

Chargers D vs. CLE

or

Minnesota D vs. TB
So it's not 3WR. Gotcha. Still, I think you have the depth to try a 2 for 1. Mathews is not a clear cut upgrade for you. I completely understand the concern having both Bowe and Charles. But dumping Bowe for another less-than-stellar RB isn't solving anything.

Spiller is a better start than most of the RBs in the league. The only guys better are the true#1 RBs at the top of the food chain. I'd play Spiller over Mathews every time, barring really bad matchups. The Bills D is so bad that the offense has to keep the pedal down at all times.

Minnesota DST. Percy motha****ing Harvin.

Old 10-23-2012, 03:51 PM    (permalink
Mufasa
Veteran

Mufasa is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Mufasa is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Mufasa is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Mufasa is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Mufasa is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Mufasa is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Mufasa is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Mufasa is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Mufasa is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Mufasa is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Mufasa is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

CJ Spiller and Torrey Smith for AJ Green?

I have Foster, Peterson, and Richardson too, so I can afford to lose a RB.
Mufasa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-23-2012, 03:53 PM    (permalink
ImBrotherCain
SWDC Mafia
All-NFLDC

ImBrotherCain is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ImBrotherCain is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ImBrotherCain is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ImBrotherCain is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ImBrotherCain is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ImBrotherCain is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ImBrotherCain is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ImBrotherCain is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ImBrotherCain is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ImBrotherCain is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ImBrotherCain is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mufasa View Post

Most likely.... YESSSSS!!! But who are your other WR? Could you package one of them with Spiller for a 4th RB for depth?
Old 10-23-2012, 04:38 PM    (permalink
Bert Macklin
All-Pro

Bert Macklin is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bert Macklin is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bert Macklin is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bert Macklin is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bert Macklin is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bert Macklin is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bert Macklin is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bert Macklin is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bert Macklin is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bert Macklin is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bert Macklin is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mufasa View Post

in the amount of time it took you to type this message out you should have hit accept 32143214325654643543265476574734532435 times.
Old 10-23-2012, 06:04 PM    (permalink
FlyingElvis
All-Pro

Quote:
Originally Posted by ImBrotherCain View Post
Most likely.... YESSSSS!!! But who are your other WR? Could you package one of them with Spiller for a 4th RB for depth?
A good suggestion, for sure. Accept the trade either way, though. Green is unbelievable.

Old 10-23-2012, 06:06 PM    (permalink
Mufasa
Veteran

Mufasa is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Mufasa is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Mufasa is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Mufasa is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Mufasa is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Mufasa is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Mufasa is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Mufasa is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Mufasa is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Mufasa is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Mufasa is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

He didn't go for it. He wants Decker instead of Smith, which I'm still going to do.
Mufasa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-23-2012, 08:48 PM    (permalink
fenikz
Pillow Hat Pal
Legend

fenikz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.fenikz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.fenikz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.fenikz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.fenikz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.fenikz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.fenikz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.fenikz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.fenikz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.fenikz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.fenikz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Pick 4, .5 PPR

A Morris @ Pit
A Bradshaw @ Dal
W McGahee vs NO
S Greene vs Mia
L Moore @ Den

fenikz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-23-2012, 08:51 PM    (permalink
sbh15
2010 NFL Mock Draft Champ
All-Pro

sbh15 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.sbh15 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.sbh15 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.sbh15 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.sbh15 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.sbh15 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.sbh15 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.sbh15 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.sbh15 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.sbh15 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.sbh15 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by fenikz View Post
Pick 4, .5 PPR

A Morris @ Pit
A Bradshaw @ Dal
W McGahee vs NO
S Greene vs Mia
L Moore @ Den
Greene has the worst matchup (and is probably the worst receiver) of the bunch
sbh15 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-23-2012, 08:56 PM    (permalink
Bert Macklin
All-Pro

Fleener vs Tenn

or

Dressen vs Saints
Old 10-23-2012, 08:57 PM    (permalink
fenikz
Pillow Hat Pal
Legend

fenikz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.fenikz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.fenikz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.fenikz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.fenikz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.fenikz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.fenikz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.fenikz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.fenikz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.fenikz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.fenikz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Also would you use a #4 waiver on any of these defenses or stand pat and just pick one of the leftovers(Texans bye)

Last edited by fenikz : 10-23-2012 at 09:01 PM.
fenikz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-23-2012, 08:58 PM    (permalink
sbh15
All-Pro

sbh15 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.sbh15 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.sbh15 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.sbh15 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.sbh15 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.sbh15 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.sbh15 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.sbh15 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.sbh15 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.sbh15 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.sbh15 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

stand pat, see if any of NYJ, MIA, or ATL/SEA (doubtful) are still there. if not maybe go with KC against OAK... not a terrible bet
Old 10-23-2012, 09:21 PM    (permalink
FlyingElvis
All-Pro

Quote:
Originally Posted by fenikz View Post
Pick 4, .5 PPR

A Morris @ Pit
A Bradshaw @ Dal
W McGahee vs NO
S Greene vs Mia
L Moore @ Den
Greene is a terrible player. Even his big games require 30+ touches to reach numbers most guys hit with 18. He's a scrub that can only be played when he's got a cake opponent, and even then I wouldn't trust him.

I would use the waiver on Seattle. Detroit is a stellar matchup for DSTs. I suppose it depends on your team and what the rest of the league has going on for DST bye weeks and how they use the waiver claims for DSTs, in general.

Old 10-23-2012, 09:22 PM    (permalink
Bert Macklin
All-Pro

Seattle if they're there.
Old 10-23-2012, 09:32 PM    (permalink
sbh15
All-Pro

Quote:
Fleener vs Tenn

or

Dressen vs Saints
I'd go with Dreessen... he's got the hot hand of the two right now and even though Fleener has an exceptional matchup, Chandler proved last week there's still bust potential if your guy doesn't get the targets he needs. plus it's not like the Saints D is that much better against TE
Old 10-23-2012, 09:54 PM    (permalink
SeanTaylorRIP
Ghettosermon
Legend

SeanTaylorRIP is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SeanTaylorRIP is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SeanTaylorRIP is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SeanTaylorRIP is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SeanTaylorRIP is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SeanTaylorRIP is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SeanTaylorRIP is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SeanTaylorRIP is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SeanTaylorRIP is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SeanTaylorRIP is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SeanTaylorRIP is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Not that you can go wrong but Brees or Peyton?

Sig By:The Dynasty

2 7 Round Mocks: April 20
http://www.draftcountdown.com/forum/...50#post2577350
Full NBA Mock Draft: Updated May 18
http://www.draftcountdown.com/forum/...=1#post2602966
SeanTaylorRIP is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-23-2012, 10:09 PM    (permalink
sbh15
All-Pro

Quote:
Originally Posted by SeanTaylorRIP View Post
I think Peyton has to be the #1 quarterback in fantasy this week... he's had an extra week to dissect an already porous Saints pass defense and looks like the same Peyton we knew before. as for Brees... the Broncos' defense is a significantly worse matchup than New Orleans. even though Brees is matchup proof I have to say Peyton
Old 10-23-2012, 10:18 PM    (permalink
SeanTaylorRIP
Ghettosermon
Legend

SeanTaylorRIP is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SeanTaylorRIP is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SeanTaylorRIP is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SeanTaylorRIP is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SeanTaylorRIP is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SeanTaylorRIP is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SeanTaylorRIP is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SeanTaylorRIP is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SeanTaylorRIP is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SeanTaylorRIP is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SeanTaylorRIP is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

My only worry is Mcgahee thieving goal line carries where as the Saints are more incline on the goal line to pass including to sproles.

Sig By:The Dynasty

2 7 Round Mocks: April 20
http://www.draftcountdown.com/forum/...50#post2577350
Full NBA Mock Draft: Updated May 18
http://www.draftcountdown.com/forum/...=1#post2602966
SeanTaylorRIP is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-23-2012, 10:21 PM    (permalink
sbh15
All-Pro

Quote:
My only worry is Mcgahee thieving goal line carries where as the Saints are more incline on the goal line to pass including to sproles.
you'll probably see 20+ points from either... the one upside to Brees is that you can't kick yourself for starting him even if Manning outscores him. I have to wonder how many goal line plays a team even sees a game, though. Most of Manning's touchdowns probably are going to come from 10+ yards out anyway
Old 10-23-2012, 10:48 PM    (permalink
Bert Macklin
All-Pro

Quote:
Why are both players on your roster?