Draft Countdown Forums

Go Back   Draft Countdown Forums > Draft Countdown Forums > Pro Football

Pro Football Discuss professional football.

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 10-24-2012, 10:01 PM    (permalink
billybeejr
Rookie

billybeejr is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.billybeejr is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.billybeejr is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.billybeejr is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.billybeejr is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.billybeejr is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.billybeejr is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.billybeejr is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.billybeejr is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.billybeejr is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.billybeejr is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by D-Unit View Post
I can only speak for myself, but your post couldn't be farther from the truth if you're responding to my comments about Cam. When Cam was a draft prospect I was in his corner BIG TIME... In this forum, the debate then was Newton vs Locker and I made plenty of claim why I thought Cam was and would be better. So draft hater? No sir.

The racist thing is just a cop out excuse. I've got brown skin myself. I don't know why that was even brought up. If the criticism is accurate, then it's not being racist. It's just true. When you think of intelligent QBs, is Cam anywhere near the top of your list? Cam is his own person and he's got plenty of things to improve on. All of which will help his team. Whatever stereotypes might exist, it's not the reason for the perception of him. He's brought it on himself. He's an elite talent, but he's not the smartest QB. Mental strength is not his forte. Just look how he conducts himself at his post game press conferences. That kind of sulky yet cocky attitude is a reflection of the fact that he doesn't get it. He might be a great rah rah guy in moments, but he's not a great leader. He said "things have to change". He's right... but I don't think he realizes that it starts with him. He can't just rely on his athletic ability to get by. He's got to take his game to the next level and that's the mental level. He's got to understand what defenses are doing. He's gotta get better reading schemes, calling audibles, making adjustments, making good decisions with the ball and get all the film study in that he can. He's gotta develop a relationship with his receivers that's special. blah blah blah... there's a million things that Cam can do to get this team winning again.

His raw talent can take him far, but he's got to mold it and develop the mental part of the game to take it to the next level... or else he will end up continuing to fail. It's not just about talent. People love to blame talent and credit talent for too much in this game. Sometimes it's not about new offseason moves as much as it is about offseason improvement from the guys already in the lockerroom. Coaches included.
I no way does my first paragraph explain anything in regards to Cam Newton, an individual's,play. Im just expressing my thoughts on how I feel when I see those 'trigger words' come up. Youre gonna get that feeling out of a lot of people when that description comes up.

This year has been a bust for the Panthers so far. Now that I think about it I couldnt be more excited for Newton now. They can bring in the GM that knows how to build around Newton's talents. New gm means new head coach too(could anyone else see Reid ending up here somehow as some cruel joke from God?) And the Panthers ownership can get the people in place to ensure Newton's success provided he is able to hold up his end of the bargain. The job for the new front office wont be easy(seriously who spends that much on running backs? Its like they forgot the whole 'super tandem backfield' fad isnt a big thing anymore).Keep an eye on the Carolina Panthers looking into the future. The Panthers organization could go very far or plummet in the next decade.

Last edited by billybeejr : 10-24-2012 at 10:10 PM.
billybeejr is offline   Reply With Quote