Draft Countdown Forums

Go Back   Draft Countdown Forums > The Locker Room > Off Topic

Off Topic Almost Anything Goes

View Poll Results: Is Channing Frye the most influential NBA PLAYER EVER?
Yes 623421 100.00%
No 0 0%
Voters: 623421. You may not vote on this poll

Old 10-25-2012, 04:09 PM    (permalink
draftguru151
:/
Legend

draftguru151 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.draftguru151 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.draftguru151 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.draftguru151 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.draftguru151 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.draftguru151 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.draftguru151 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.draftguru151 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.draftguru151 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.draftguru151 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.draftguru151 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

BBD gets banned from off topic if Felton doesn't average 30/10.

<Gaius_Baltar> That is correct comahan
<vidae> I ******* LOVE YOU DG
<njx9> <3 dg
draftguru151 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-25-2012, 04:10 PM    (permalink
D-Unit
DC Administrator
Legend

D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by MetSox17 View Post
Gustavo Ayon is a beautiful man, D. Don't badmouth him.
Meh. What's his trade value? Dude's worthless to me.
D-Unit is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-25-2012, 04:11 PM    (permalink
SickwithIt1010
All-Pro

SickwithIt1010 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SickwithIt1010 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SickwithIt1010 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SickwithIt1010 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SickwithIt1010 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SickwithIt1010 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SickwithIt1010 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SickwithIt1010 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SickwithIt1010 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SickwithIt1010 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SickwithIt1010 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by bigbluedefense View Post
Don't worry about it. Just remember this when my PG crosses up your 50 year old PG who doesn't play defense and he leaves the game with back spasms.

Have fun with that.
Won't need to play defense he will sitting on the bench letting the reserves score all over the knicks half way through the 3rd quarter, and you'll be begging for Lin-sanity to come back.

Quote:
Originally Posted by 49erNation85 View Post
I wouldn't be sir prized if he passed McCoy on the depth chart. I think he might have a better arm and accurate arm then him from the highlights I thought. He also got some wheels too help us prepare for QB's as Wilson , RG3 and other runners etc.
SickwithIt1010 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-25-2012, 04:12 PM    (permalink
MetSox17
Suck it Metsox
Legend

MetSox17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MetSox17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MetSox17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MetSox17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MetSox17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MetSox17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MetSox17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MetSox17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MetSox17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MetSox17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MetSox17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by D-Unit View Post
Meh. What's his trade value? Dude's worthless to me.
Wasn't serious. He has no trade value because aside from a handful of people, no one knows who the hell he is.
Old 10-25-2012, 04:42 PM    (permalink
thefalconer
Pro Bowler

thefalconer is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thefalconer is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thefalconer is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thefalconer is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thefalconer is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thefalconer is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thefalconer is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thefalconer is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thefalconer is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thefalconer is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thefalconer is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

felton's lost 20 whole pounds! so there. **** you guys.
thefalconer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-25-2012, 04:59 PM    (permalink
SickwithIt1010
All-Pro

SickwithIt1010 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SickwithIt1010 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SickwithIt1010 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SickwithIt1010 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SickwithIt1010 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SickwithIt1010 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SickwithIt1010 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SickwithIt1010 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SickwithIt1010 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SickwithIt1010 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SickwithIt1010 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

So hes what now? like 260?

Quote:
I wouldn't be sir prized if he passed McCoy on the depth chart. I think he might have a better arm and accurate arm then him from the highlights I thought. He also got some wheels too help us prepare for QB's as Wilson , RG3 and other runners etc.
Old 10-25-2012, 05:00 PM    (permalink
yo123
Legend

yo123 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yo123 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yo123 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yo123 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yo123 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yo123 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yo123 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yo123 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yo123 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yo123 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yo123 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

You're forgetting the part where Felton was never good even when he wasn't 300 pounds.

Any PG with a pulse will put up numbers under D'Antoni. That season means nothing.
yo123 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-25-2012, 05:01 PM    (permalink
bearsfan_51
The Professor (Hall of Famer)
Legend

bearsfan_51 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bearsfan_51 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bearsfan_51 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bearsfan_51 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bearsfan_51 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bearsfan_51 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bearsfan_51 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bearsfan_51 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bearsfan_51 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bearsfan_51 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bearsfan_51 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

What the hell is a Raymond Felton?

Nobody cares about your stupid fantasy team.
bearsfan_51 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-25-2012, 05:05 PM    (permalink
SickwithIt1010
All-Pro

Quote:
Originally Posted by bearsfan_51 View Post
What the hell is a Raymond Felton?

Quote:
Old 10-25-2012, 05:38 PM    (permalink
Forenci
Super Monkey Balls
All-Pro

Forenci is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Forenci is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Forenci is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Forenci is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Forenci is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Forenci is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Forenci is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Forenci is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Forenci is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Forenci is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Forenci is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by scottyboy View Post
hush. Stern did a lot for the league. Shame to see the Rutgers guy go
This explains a lot actually.
Old 10-25-2012, 05:52 PM    (permalink
BuckeyeDan17
Pro Bowler

BuckeyeDan17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BuckeyeDan17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BuckeyeDan17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BuckeyeDan17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BuckeyeDan17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BuckeyeDan17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BuckeyeDan17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BuckeyeDan17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BuckeyeDan17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BuckeyeDan17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BuckeyeDan17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by bigbluedefense View Post
Don't worry about it. Just remember this when my PG crosses up your 50 year old PG who doesn't play defense and he leaves the game with back spasms.

Have fun with that.
When he crosses him over to get to Dwight Howard..?

I think it's you that needs the luck here slugger.

Have it your way, with BK (BoneKrusher)
BuckeyeDan17 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-25-2012, 06:18 PM    (permalink
gpngc
All-NFLDC

gpngc is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.gpngc is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.gpngc is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.gpngc is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.gpngc is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.gpngc is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.gpngc is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.gpngc is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.gpngc is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.gpngc is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.gpngc is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

So I'm considering taking Damian Lillard in the 4th round in my fantasy basketball draft. Thinking he's gonna be around 18 ppg, 7 apg, 1.5 spg, with good FT% and 3s. I know my projections are a little high but anybody have any insight?
gpngc is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 10-25-2012, 06:21 PM    (permalink
Rob S
Suck it Metsox
Legend

Location: I'm a simple man. I like pretty, dark haired women and breakfast food
Rob S is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rob S is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rob S is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rob S is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rob S is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rob S is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rob S is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rob S is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rob S is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rob S is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rob S is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by gpngc View Post
So I'm considering taking Damian Lillard in the 4th round in my fantasy basketball draft. Thinking he's gonna be around 18 ppg, 7 apg, 1.5 spg, with good FT% and 3s. I know my projections are a little high but anybody have any insight?
That's insanely early. I do like him though.
Old 10-25-2012, 06:23 PM    (permalink
gpngc
All-NFLDC

gpngc is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.gpngc is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.gpngc is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.gpngc is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.gpngc is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.gpngc is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.gpngc is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.gpngc is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.gpngc is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.gpngc is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.gpngc is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rob S View Post
That's insanely early. I do like him though.
Based on pre-draft rankings, which mean absolutely nothing at all.

But if he puts up the numbers I just predicted, he'd absolutely be worth that pick.

So basically, if he doesn't put up THOSE numbers, what do you guess he'll put up?
Old 10-25-2012, 06:27 PM    (permalink
derza222
All-Pro

derza222 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.derza222 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.derza222 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.derza222 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.derza222 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.derza222 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.derza222 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.derza222 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.derza222 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.derza222 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.derza222 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I'm in a keeper league where we have to stay under a $65M cap based on real salaries so if he's around in the first round and Anthony Davis is off the board I'll probably be taking him.

Think those projections are a little high though, maybe 15.5 and 6.5. You could be right though, and regardless think he'll get some steals and threes. Should be inconsistent week to week though.
derza222 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-25-2012, 06:27 PM    (permalink
Rob S
Suck it Metsox
Legend

Rob S is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rob S is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rob S is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rob S is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rob S is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rob S is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rob S is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rob S is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rob S is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rob S is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rob S is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Based on pre-draft rankings, which mean absolutely nothing at all.

But if he puts up the numbers I just predicted, he'd absolutely be worth that pick.

So basically, if he doesn't put up THOSE numbers, what do you guess he'll put up?
It's about value though. I don't care what you think he's going to do.....if you can get him in the 8th-10th round range, it's still dumb to take him in the 4th.

As for what I think he'll do......probably 15 and 6-7 with a STL and a 3PM per game.
Old 10-25-2012, 06:29 PM    (permalink
Rob S
Suck it Metsox
Legend

Speaking of fantasy basketball, thoughts on this team? 10 team H2H (standard categories including TO)

Old 10-25-2012, 06:30 PM    (permalink
scottyboy
Coolio Cat
Legend

scottyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.scottyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.scottyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.scottyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.scottyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.scottyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.scottyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.scottyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.scottyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.scottyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.scottyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I'm actually hampering my expectations on the Nets for now. I still think they're a better team than the Knicks, but I'm bringing myself back down to reality. Couple pretty big holes on this team. I just really wanna see how JJ and Deron mesh together. that's the key. JJ looked off the last few games
Quote:
Originally Posted by PalmerToCJ View Post
BTW, if it's 3rd and 97... I'm throwing a screen pass to Brian Leonard and he will convert.
scottyboy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-25-2012, 06:32 PM    (permalink
Rob S
Suck it Metsox
Legend

Quote:
Originally Posted by scottyboy View Post
I'm actually hampering my expectations on the Nets for now. I still think they're a better team than the Knicks, but I'm bringing myself back down to reality. Couple pretty big holes on this team. I just really wanna see how JJ and Deron mesh together. that's the key. JJ looked off the last few games
Dude, I just realized Nets games are insanely cheap! I'm so pumped.....going to go to a ton of games. I live like 3 subway stops away.
Old 10-25-2012, 06:33 PM    (permalink
ATLDirtyBirds
Legend

ATLDirtyBirds is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ATLDirtyBirds is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ATLDirtyBirds is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ATLDirtyBirds is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ATLDirtyBirds is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ATLDirtyBirds is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ATLDirtyBirds is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ATLDirtyBirds is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ATLDirtyBirds is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ATLDirtyBirds is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ATLDirtyBirds is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Lol, no one is a better team than the Knicks.
Old 10-25-2012, 06:33 PM    (permalink
gpngc
All-NFLDC

Quote:
It's about value though. I don't care what you think he's going to do.....if you can get him in the 8th-10th round range, it's still dumb to take him in the 4th.

As for what I think he'll do......probably 15 and 6-7 with a STL and a 3PM per game.
Well I'm 100% sure I can't get him past the 7th. If I knew I could get him in the 5th I'd obviously wait but I'm not so sure.

Sell me on Dragic or Nash instead of him. And I don't care about 'well he's a rookie so he MIGHT not be as good' because I don't play that way. I predict how guys will do and take the best players based on that. Lillard's gonna be a stud.
Old 10-25-2012, 06:38 PM    (permalink
Rob S
Suck it Metsox
Legend

Quote:
Well I'm 100% sure I can't get him past the 7th. If I knew I could get him in the 5th I'd obviously wait but I'm not so sure.

Sell me on Dragic or Nash instead of him. And I don't care about 'well he's a rookie so he MIGHT not be as good' because I don't play that way. I predict how guys will do and take the best players based on that. Lillard's gonna be a stud.
Guys you can usually get in the 4th that are obviously better:

Monta Ellis, Dirk, Conley, Gortat, Hibbert, David Lee, Pierce, Joe Johnson....and more probably....I'm just spitballing.

But, if you don't care then I don't understand why you're asking us. If he is as good as you think he'll then he will be a fine pick.
Old 10-25-2012, 06:44 PM    (permalink
gpngc
All-NFLDC

Quote:
Guys you can usually get in the 4th that are obviously better:

Monta Ellis, Dirk, Conley, Gortat, Hibbert, David Lee, Pierce, Joe Johnson....and more probably....I'm just spitballing.

But, if you don't care then I don't understand why you're asking us. If he is as good as you think he'll then he will be a fine pick.
Conley won't be there. Dirk is sketchy as ****. If I don't get a PG at 12/13, I'll NEED one in the 3rd/4th turn (I have 12th pick). I can't really afford to take Ellis or a wing player who doesn't have elite REB or AST if my team is Love/Melo or Melo/Curry which it's going to be.

So it's not really a question of Lillard vs. those guys like JJ and Pierce. It's really him vs. the PGs like Dragic and Nash.
Old 10-25-2012, 06:46 PM    (permalink
Rob S
Suck it Metsox
Legend

Quote:
Conley won't be there. Dirk is sketchy as ****. If I don't get a PG at 12/13, I'll NEED one in the 3rd/4th turn (I have 12th pick). I can't really afford to take Ellis or a wing player who doesn't have elite REB or AST if my team is Love/Melo or Melo/Curry which it's going to be.

So it's not really a question of Lillard vs. those guys like JJ and Pierce. It's really him vs. the PGs like Dragic and Nash.
I was assuming a 10 team league. Still though, Monta will be really close with Lillard in assists.
Old 10-25-2012, 06:49 PM    (permalink
gpngc
All-NFLDC

Quote:
I was assuming a 10 team league. Still though, Monta will be really close with Lillard in assists.
That's a pretty good point. But Ellis' scoring went to 17ish with Jennings and not Golden State's style. His stats don't project to be better than my generous Lillard projection (I think Lillard can easily go more that 6.0 apg. Hm.