Draft Countdown Forums

Go Back   Draft Countdown Forums > Draft Countdown Forums > 2015 NFL Draft Forum

2015 NFL Draft Forum Discuss the 2015 NFL Draft

Old 09-30-2012, 10:40 AM    (permalink
BeardedOne
Rookie

BeardedOne wakes up in the morning and pisses excellence.BeardedOne wakes up in the morning and pisses excellence.BeardedOne wakes up in the morning and pisses excellence.BeardedOne wakes up in the morning and pisses excellence.BeardedOne wakes up in the morning and pisses excellence.BeardedOne wakes up in the morning and pisses excellence.BeardedOne wakes up in the morning and pisses excellence.BeardedOne wakes up in the morning and pisses excellence.BeardedOne wakes up in the morning and pisses excellence.BeardedOne wakes up in the morning and pisses excellence.BeardedOne wakes up in the morning and pisses excellence.
Default Andre Ellington, RB, Clemson

Watching film on Ellington, I'm getting really excited about the guy. He's a big back with speed, acceleration, balance, elusiveness, and power. His ability to stay upright reminds of David Wilson. He's a threat to break off long gains but also a workhorse back who can grind it between the tackles. I see him as a second round pick.
Old 09-30-2012, 10:54 AM    (permalink
farfromforgotten
Veteran

farfromforgotten is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.farfromforgotten is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.farfromforgotten is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.farfromforgotten is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.farfromforgotten is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.farfromforgotten is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.farfromforgotten is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.farfromforgotten is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.farfromforgotten is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.farfromforgotten is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.farfromforgotten is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I don't know about the "big back" and "workhorse back" labels. Isn't he around 5'8 and 180-something? There are very few workhorse backs in the NFL anymore. I like him, but I see him going in round 3 in today's NFL.
farfromforgotten is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-30-2012, 10:58 AM    (permalink
BeardedOne
Rookie

BeardedOne wakes up in the morning and pisses excellence.BeardedOne wakes up in the morning and pisses excellence.BeardedOne wakes up in the morning and pisses excellence.BeardedOne wakes up in the morning and pisses excellence.BeardedOne wakes up in the morning and pisses excellence.BeardedOne wakes up in the morning and pisses excellence.BeardedOne wakes up in the morning and pisses excellence.BeardedOne wakes up in the morning and pisses excellence.BeardedOne wakes up in the morning and pisses excellence.BeardedOne wakes up in the morning and pisses excellence.BeardedOne wakes up in the morning and pisses excellence.

Quote:
Originally Posted by farfromforgotten View Post
I don't know about the "big back" and "workhorse back" labels. Isn't he around 5'8 and 180-something? There are very few workhorse backs in the NFL anymore. I like him, but I see him going in round 3 in today's NFL.
5'10' / 195 lb.
Old 09-30-2012, 11:55 AM    (permalink
Phins827
Rookie

Phins827 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Phins827 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Phins827 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Phins827 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Phins827 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Phins827 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Phins827 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Phins827 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Phins827 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Phins827 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Phins827 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by BeardedOne View Post
5'10' / 195 lb.
That's a "big back" nowadays? My former high school has 4 RBs bigger than that
Phins827 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-30-2012, 12:02 PM    (permalink
BaLLiN
2014 Mock Draft Champion
All-Pro

BaLLiN is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BaLLiN is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BaLLiN is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BaLLiN is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BaLLiN is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BaLLiN is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BaLLiN is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BaLLiN is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BaLLiN is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BaLLiN is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BaLLiN is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

He does not look 5'10'' either, im guessing he is really 5'9'' 190ish

Sig by BK <3

Jerry Reese is sooo Dreamy <3333

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sniper
Quote:
Originally Posted by Thumper's Rep Comment
I ****** hate you, stupid *** smd
Greatest. Rep. Comment. EVER! You're not 12 or anything.
Philadelphia, the city of brotherly love (:
BaLLiN is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-30-2012, 12:10 PM    (permalink
FUNBUNCHER
All-Pro

FUNBUNCHER is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.FUNBUNCHER is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.FUNBUNCHER is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.FUNBUNCHER is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.FUNBUNCHER is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.FUNBUNCHER is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.FUNBUNCHER is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.FUNBUNCHER is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.FUNBUNCHER is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.FUNBUNCHER is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.FUNBUNCHER is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Almost the same size as Shady McCoy when he was drafted out of Pitt.
Old 09-30-2012, 03:52 PM    (permalink
farfromforgotten
Veteran

farfromforgotten is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.farfromforgotten is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.farfromforgotten is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.farfromforgotten is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.farfromforgotten is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.farfromforgotten is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.farfromforgotten is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.farfromforgotten is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.farfromforgotten is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.farfromforgotten is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.farfromforgotten is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by BeardedOne View Post
5'10' / 195 lb.
Ehh... we must be talking about different Andre Ellington's. lol. He doesn't even look that big to me.
farfromforgotten is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-30-2012, 03:57 PM    (permalink
PossibleCabbage
Pro Bowler

PossibleCabbage is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PossibleCabbage is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PossibleCabbage is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PossibleCabbage is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PossibleCabbage is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PossibleCabbage is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PossibleCabbage is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PossibleCabbage is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PossibleCabbage is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PossibleCabbage is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PossibleCabbage is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by farfromforgotten View Post
Ehh... we must be talking about different Andre Ellington's. lol. He doesn't even look that big to me.
He's listed by the Clemson athletic department as 5-9 195, which means that he is no bigger than 5-9 195 (since for guys who are not defensive tackles the published numbers are generally inflated from their accurate values.)

ESPN has him at 5-9 190, so he's probably not even that big.

I would say that qualifies him as a "small back".

To me a "big back" is someone who is north of 220 and taller than 5'11".
PossibleCabbage is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-01-2012, 02:57 AM    (permalink
BeardedOne
Rookie

Ok, you guys have made your point. He's not big. He just struck me as bigger because of his style of play. But what do you actually think of his game?
Old 10-02-2012, 12:57 AM    (permalink
Mr. Goosemahn
All-Pro

Location: Crushed Anthony Thomas hopes and broken Mark Herlizch dreams...
Mr. Goosemahn is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Mr. Goosemahn is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Mr. Goosemahn is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Mr. Goosemahn is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Mr. Goosemahn is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Mr. Goosemahn is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Mr. Goosemahn is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Mr. Goosemahn is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Mr. Goosemahn is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Mr. Goosemahn is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Mr. Goosemahn is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

DeAngelo Williams 2.0

Props to clover_jeez!
Mr. Goosemahn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-02-2012, 08:42 AM    (permalink
duesouth
Rookie

duesouth is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.duesouth is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.duesouth is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.duesouth is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.duesouth is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.duesouth is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.duesouth is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.duesouth is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.duesouth is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.duesouth is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.duesouth is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I really like him. Can cut without slowing and as well as making you miss he can break a tackle. Reliable receiver as well. Pass protection a concern, but at his size it's probably never going to be his strength. I don't if you can draft an undersized back in the first round, but certainly I'd strongly consider him in the second if I needed an impact RB for 10 touches a game to pair with a bigger back.
duesouth is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-26-2012, 02:35 PM    (permalink
Armchair Scout
Rookie

Armchair Scout is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Armchair Scout is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Armchair Scout is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Armchair Scout is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Armchair Scout is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Armchair Scout is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Armchair Scout is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Armchair Scout is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Armchair Scout is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Armchair Scout is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Armchair Scout is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I really like Ellington. He shows great vision and burst through the hole. His acceleration is elite and when he cuts up-field, he gets going in a hurry. He is also very difficult to tackle in the open field, as he is capable of plowing over d-backs with ease. His biggest problem as a runner is that he doesn't consistently push the pile when he runs between the tackles.

Ellington does need to really work on his pass protection, which is a major weakness, and he isn't a proven option as a receiver. He does have to learn some of the nuances of the position.

As for his size, I don't think it is a big issue. From what I have seen of him in college, he seems perfectly capable of carrying the ball a lot without wearing down. He has had some injury issues, but I don't think that disqualifies him from being a lead option. Despite his size, he does run with surprising power. As a pure runner, I would grade him as the third best in college football, after Marcus Lattimore and Eddie Lacy. And it is close between him and Lacy.
Armchair Scout is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-26-2012, 03:37 PM    (permalink
D-Unit
DC Administrator
Legend

D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Landed him in our forum mock in the late 3rd round. If that's any indication of his public value at the moment...
D-Unit is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-19-2012, 01:34 PM    (permalink
AntoinCD
All-Pro

AntoinCD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.AntoinCD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.AntoinCD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.AntoinCD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.AntoinCD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.AntoinCD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.AntoinCD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.AntoinCD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.AntoinCD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.AntoinCD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.AntoinCD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I'm not a big fan of Ellington. He has nice speed and very good balance but all I see when I watch him run is Laurence Maroney, only he is a far worse pass protector

BoneKrusher killing it with the sig
AntoinCD is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-20-2012, 06:02 PM    (permalink
Cigaro
All-NFLDC

Location: Two-thirds of the Earth is covered by water, the other one-third is covered by Luke Kuechly
Cigaro is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Cigaro is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Cigaro is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Cigaro is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Cigaro is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Cigaro is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Cigaro is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Cigaro is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Cigaro is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Cigaro is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Cigaro is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Eh, I like him. Not my favorite back in the class and I don't think he'll be a star, but I can easily see him becoming a good number two back in the league.

Sig by Matthew Jones
Cigaro is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-22-2012, 12:20 AM    (permalink
norcalgsr
Veteran

norcalgsr is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.norcalgsr is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.norcalgsr is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.norcalgsr is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.norcalgsr is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.norcalgsr is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.norcalgsr is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.norcalgsr is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.norcalgsr is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.norcalgsr is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.norcalgsr is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Makes some great cuts. Excellent zone runner. Horrible in pass protection. Needs to get stronger.
norcalgsr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-22-2012, 02:37 PM    (permalink
BuddyCHRIST
Veteran

BuddyCHRIST is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BuddyCHRIST is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BuddyCHRIST is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BuddyCHRIST is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BuddyCHRIST is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BuddyCHRIST is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BuddyCHRIST is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BuddyCHRIST is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BuddyCHRIST is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BuddyCHRIST is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BuddyCHRIST is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

very good athlete, but I have like numerous Clemson backs that haven't turned out as well. Spiller has turned it around now, but I though James Davis and Harper could be great pros as well and neither has done anything. He's a mid round pick.
BuddyCHRIST is offline   Reply With Quote