Draft Countdown Forums

Go Back   Draft Countdown Forums > Draft Countdown Forums > 2014 NFL Draft Forum

2014 NFL Draft Forum Discuss the 2014 NFL Draft

Old 10-27-2012, 12:31 PM    (permalink
Cigaro
All-NFLDC

Location: Two-thirds of the Earth is covered by water, the other one-third is covered by Luke Kuechly
Cigaro is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Cigaro is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Cigaro is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Cigaro is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Cigaro is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Cigaro is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Cigaro is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Cigaro is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Cigaro is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Cigaro is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Cigaro is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.
Default Marcus Lattimore Likely Done Until 2014

Felt like I should go ahead and report this here, but Marcus Lattimore has injured his right knee(he tore the left ACL last year). It looks broken, similar to McGahee's injury at Miami. At a minimum he's done for this year and will likely still be recovering throughout next season, possibility that he may never play again. Just a gruesome injury.

The injury;

Sig by Matthew Jones

Last edited by Cigaro : 10-27-2012 at 12:37 PM.
Cigaro is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-27-2012, 12:32 PM    (permalink
PossibleCabbage
Pro Bowler

PossibleCabbage is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PossibleCabbage is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PossibleCabbage is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PossibleCabbage is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PossibleCabbage is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PossibleCabbage is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PossibleCabbage is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PossibleCabbage is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PossibleCabbage is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PossibleCabbage is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PossibleCabbage is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

He's done for the season. He's probably not going to be able to participate in the various postseason all-star games, the combine, or his senior day. That was as bad of a knee injury as I've seen since McGahee. (EDIT: On watching the footage several times against my better judgement, it may be worse than McGahee's injury.)

I really feel bad for him, since he already had the knock for being "injury prone". Now he's just "injured".

Last edited by PossibleCabbage : 10-27-2012 at 12:38 PM.
PossibleCabbage is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-27-2012, 12:36 PM    (permalink
thebow305
2009 NFL Mock Draft Champ
All-Pro

thebow305 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thebow305 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thebow305 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thebow305 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thebow305 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thebow305 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thebow305 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thebow305 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thebow305 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thebow305 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thebow305 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Just a terrible injury, you could see his leg turned the opposite direction as the defenders piled off of him. Really gotta feel for the guy, one of my favorite prospects this year regardless of position. Definitely was the top rated RB in my book for the 2013 draft. Just a terrible thing to see. Made me absolutely sick to my stomach.

Like PossibleCabbage said, one of the most gruesome sports injuries I've ever seen. Right there with the McGahee injury for sure.

Dolphins Dream Draft: 1. C.J. Mosley 2. Kelvin Benjamin 3. Ja'Wuan James 4. Brandon Thomas 5. Xavier Grimble 6. Tyler Gaffney 7. Ross Cockrell
thebow305 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-27-2012, 12:57 PM    (permalink
DcmRulz
Pro Bowler

DcmRulz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DcmRulz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DcmRulz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DcmRulz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DcmRulz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DcmRulz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DcmRulz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DcmRulz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DcmRulz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DcmRulz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DcmRulz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

This was a gruesome injury, and a speed-robbing one, but I don't think it's a career ender. He's still got one year left, and I still think he's talented enough to at least carve a niche as a 3rd down back in the next level, speed or not.
DcmRulz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-27-2012, 12:58 PM    (permalink
AntoinCD
All-Pro

AntoinCD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.AntoinCD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.AntoinCD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.AntoinCD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.AntoinCD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.AntoinCD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.AntoinCD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.AntoinCD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.AntoinCD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.AntoinCD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.AntoinCD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

This is just horrible for him. I think he was likely a fringe first round kinda guy with how he had been playing after the ACL last year, but this horrendous injury may make him undraftable. It's a bad thing since Steve Spurrier has basically run him into the ground for 3 years and he may never become an NFL player now because of it

BoneKrusher killing it with the sig
AntoinCD is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-27-2012, 01:02 PM    (permalink
Hurricanes25
All-Pro

Hurricanes25 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hurricanes25 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hurricanes25 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hurricanes25 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hurricanes25 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hurricanes25 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hurricanes25 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hurricanes25 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hurricanes25 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hurricanes25 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hurricanes25 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Sig by BoneKrusher
Hurricanes25 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-27-2012, 01:10 PM    (permalink
Halsey
Pro Bowler

Halsey is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Halsey is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Halsey is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Halsey is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Halsey is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Halsey is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Halsey is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Halsey is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Halsey is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Halsey is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Halsey is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I feel bad for Lattimore, Gamecock Nation, and teams in need of a RB in the 2013 Draft. That sucks.
Old 10-27-2012, 01:13 PM    (permalink
Halsey
Pro Bowler

Halsey is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Halsey is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Halsey is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Halsey is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Halsey is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Halsey is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Halsey is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Halsey is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Halsey is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Halsey is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Halsey is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by AntoinCD View Post
This is just horrible for him. I think he was likely a fringe first round kinda guy with how he had been playing after the ACL last year, but this horrendous injury may make him undraftable. It's a bad thing since Steve Spurrier has basically run him into the ground for 3 years and he may never become an NFL player now because of it
So now we should criticize a coach for using a star RB heavily? Does that mean you feel the same way about any college team that gives lots of carries to one RB?
Old 10-27-2012, 01:21 PM    (permalink
WMD
Suck it Metsox
Legend

WMD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.WMD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.WMD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.WMD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.WMD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.WMD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.WMD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.WMD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.WMD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.WMD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.WMD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

So very ****** up. That sucks.

WMD is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-27-2012, 01:22 PM    (permalink
Matthew Jones
All-NFLDC

Matthew Jones is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Matthew Jones is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Matthew Jones is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Matthew Jones is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Matthew Jones is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Matthew Jones is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Matthew Jones is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Matthew Jones is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Matthew Jones is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Matthew Jones is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Matthew Jones is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

This has to be one of the worst running back classes of all time.
Old 10-27-2012, 01:25 PM    (permalink
Cigaro
All-NFLDC

Location: Two-thirds of the Earth is covered by water, the other one-third is covered by Luke Kuechly
Cigaro is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Cigaro is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Cigaro is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Cigaro is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Cigaro is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Cigaro is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Cigaro is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Cigaro is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Cigaro is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Cigaro is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Cigaro is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by AntoinCD View Post
This injury had nothing to do with Lattimore being run into the ground. He's been used a lot less(only 3 carries vs. Florida compared to 44 in 2010, for instance) this season, averaging only 18 carries, which is a completely reasonable workload.

Sig by Matthew Jones

Last edited by Cigaro : 10-27-2012 at 01:32 PM.
Old 10-27-2012, 01:30 PM    (permalink
Halsey
Pro Bowler

It seems like injuries like this happen more to taller RBs such as Lattimore, Mcgahee and Adrian Peterson.
Old 10-27-2012, 01:37 PM    (permalink
BeerBaron
Team Leader
Legend

BeerBaron is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BeerBaron is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BeerBaron is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BeerBaron is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BeerBaron is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BeerBaron is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BeerBaron is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BeerBaron is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BeerBaron is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BeerBaron is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BeerBaron is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Couldn't bring myself to watch the injury. I remember seeing McGahee's live when it happened and I get sick at serious knee/leg injuries like that ever since.

Part of me wonders if he should just come out now anyway and at least start collecting pay checks as a mid-round pick. McGahee still went in the first round after his injury and sat for a year. I don't think, with how the RB has been on a downward slope in terms of value, that Lattimore would go in the first, but would some team spend a 3rd round pick on him and let him rehab a year? I think so.
Old 10-27-2012, 01:49 PM    (permalink
vidae
SWDC Mafia
Legend

vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by BeerBaron View Post
Couldn't bring myself to watch the injury. I remember seeing McGahee's live when it happened and I get sick at serious knee/leg injuries like that ever since.

Part of me wonders if he should just come out now anyway and at least start collecting pay checks as a mid-round pick. McGahee still went in the first round after his injury and sat for a year. I don't think, with how the RB has been on a downward slope in terms of value, that Lattimore would go in the first, but would some team spend a 3rd round pick on him and let him rehab a year? I think so.
I'm the same way, but unfortunately for me I saw it as it happened. You definitely don't want to see it.

** RIP themaninblack. You will be missed. **
vidae is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-27-2012, 01:57 PM    (permalink
LonghornsLegend
Legend

LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Why are we all assuming that his career is over? Willis McGahee is still playing like a really good back in the NFL and Clinton Portis retired like a year ago, and I don't remember Portis having any gruesome knee injuries before.

He's young, this is a terrible hit to his draft stock but he's still going to be playing in the NFL.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Scott Wright View Post
I guarantee that if someone picks Cam Newton in the Top 5 they will regret it.
LonghornsLegend is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-27-2012, 01:59 PM    (permalink
Thecollegedropout
Pro Bowler

Thecollegedropout is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Thecollegedropout is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Thecollegedropout is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Thecollegedropout is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Thecollegedropout is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Thecollegedropout is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Thecollegedropout is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Thecollegedropout is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Thecollegedropout is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Thecollegedropout is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Thecollegedropout is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I think I can speak for some Jets fans that if the Jets were picking in that 15-20 range that we'd have zero problem for drafting Lattimore as he was what we needed but after this injury, I just don't think he can warrant a 1st round pick or a high pick :( Maybe someone does what BUF did and take him regardless but he might be too dinged up.

Maybe he warrants a mid round pick?
Thecollegedropout is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-27-2012, 02:01 PM    (permalink
Cigaro
All-NFLDC

Quote:
Originally Posted by LonghornsLegend View Post
Why are we all assuming that his career is over? Willis McGahee is still playing like a really good back in the NFL and Clinton Portis retired like a year ago, and I don't remember Portis having any gruesome knee injuries before.

He's young, this is a terrible hit to his draft stock but he's still going to be playing in the NFL.
His other knee injury. In the space of two years he suffered serious, season ending injuries in both knees. He certainly could come back, he's a very hard and motivated worker, but one can't be surprised if he never recovers fully either. Its not that he would be completely incapable of playing, but that he wouldn't be able to play at near a high enough level to make it.

Sig by Matthew Jones
Old 10-27-2012, 02:01 PM    (permalink
Thecollegedropout
Pro Bowler

Thecollegedropout is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Thecollegedropout is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Thecollegedropout is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Thecollegedropout is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Thecollegedropout is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Thecollegedropout is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Thecollegedropout is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Thecollegedropout is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Thecollegedropout is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Thecollegedropout is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Thecollegedropout is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by BeerBaron View Post

I really think RBs for their own good need to start coming out ASAP to the draft...especially when the longevity for a back is around 10 years or less.

RB is the only spot where I can say that you are on borrowed time compared to other positions and that you need to cash in while you still can. Its why I don't hold it against someone like Forte or MJD for trying to rake in while they can.
Old 10-27-2012, 02:10 PM    (permalink
ChiFan24
2011 SWDC Mock Draft Champ
Pro Bowler

ChiFan24 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ChiFan24 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ChiFan24 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ChiFan24 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ChiFan24 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ChiFan24 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ChiFan24 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ChiFan24 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ChiFan24 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ChiFan24 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ChiFan24 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

My knee started hurting after watching that video.
Old 10-27-2012, 02:12 PM    (permalink
PossibleCabbage
Pro Bowler

PossibleCabbage is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PossibleCabbage is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PossibleCabbage is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PossibleCabbage is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PossibleCabbage is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PossibleCabbage is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PossibleCabbage is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PossibleCabbage is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PossibleCabbage is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PossibleCabbage is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PossibleCabbage is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Matthew Jones View Post
This has to be one of the worst running back classes of all time.
I think this is the year we see no first round RBs. Sad that it had to happen this way, but it was going to happen eventually.
PossibleCabbage is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-27-2012, 02:15 PM    (permalink
Thecollegedropout
Pro Bowler

Quote:
Originally Posted by PossibleCabbage View Post
I think this is the year we see no first round RBs. Sad that it had to happen this way, but it was going to happen eventually.
I think S. Taylor will squeak in late round 1 and someone like NYJ or CIN will trade up with whoever to get him ala Doug Martin/Jahvid Best.
Old 10-27-2012, 02:18 PM    (permalink
BuddyCHRIST
Veteran

BuddyCHRIST is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BuddyCHRIST is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BuddyCHRIST is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BuddyCHRIST is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BuddyCHRIST is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BuddyCHRIST is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BuddyCHRIST is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BuddyCHRIST is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BuddyCHRIST is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BuddyCHRIST is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BuddyCHRIST is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Looked like he definitely broke bone there too, thats Prothro like to me. Such bad luck, cause its just a freak injury.
BuddyCHRIST is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-27-2012, 02:25 PM    (permalink
AntoinCD
All-Pro

AntoinCD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.AntoinCD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.AntoinCD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.AntoinCD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.AntoinCD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.AntoinCD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.AntoinCD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.AntoinCD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.AntoinCD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.AntoinCD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.AntoinCD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cigaro View Post
This injury had nothing to do with Lattimore being run into the ground. He's been used a lot less(only 3 carries vs. Florida compared to 44 in 2010, for instance) this season, averaging only 18 carries, which is a completely reasonable workload.
I wasn't meaning the workload caused him to get hurt, these injuries can happen to anyone on any carry. However my point is in what equates to less than two NFL seasons Lattimore has had 616 touches of the football. That tread on his tires combined with two really bad injuries may well finish his career. I know people talk about McGahee etc, however those types of players are definitely the exception to the rule.

I do hope i am wrong because pre injury last year he looked like a complete RB prospect, however it will be a long shot now to have any real career, particluarly early on

BoneKrusher killing it with the sig
AntoinCD is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-27-2012, 02:32 PM    (permalink
therock6000
Veteran

therock6000 could make a wolverine purr.therock6000 could make a wolverine purr.therock6000 could make a wolverine purr.therock6000 could make a wolverine purr.therock6000 could make a wolverine purr.therock6000 could make a wolverine purr.

Definitely a moment that i will remember exactly where i was when it happened...

I had a dream that Brady Quinn was rollin' with Omarosa in a 1987 LeSabre
therock6000 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-27-2012, 02:42 PM    (permalink
ph90702
Veteran

ph90702 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ph90702 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ph90702 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ph90702 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ph90702 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ph90702 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ph90702 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ph90702 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ph90702 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ph90702 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ph90702 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Replace "season" with "career." His career is probably over.
ph90702 is offline   Reply With Quote