Draft Countdown Forums

Go Back   Draft Countdown Forums > Draft Countdown Forums > Team Boards > Tennessee Titans Team Forum

Tennessee Titans Team Forum Discuss the Titans

Old 10-13-2012, 11:44 PM    (permalink
CashmoneyDrew
Icon

CashmoneyDrew is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CashmoneyDrew is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CashmoneyDrew is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CashmoneyDrew is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CashmoneyDrew is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CashmoneyDrew is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CashmoneyDrew is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CashmoneyDrew is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CashmoneyDrew is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CashmoneyDrew is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CashmoneyDrew is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Alright Vol fans. The time has come. Who is our next head coach?

The obvious names will be thrown around for sure. (Gruden, Patterson, Petersen, Strong, Mullen, etc.) But let's hear some other names.

I'm intrigued by Pat Fitzgerald. He's young, has a defensive background, and if you can win at Northwestern you should be able to win at UT.
Old 10-13-2012, 11:58 PM    (permalink
TitanHope
Website Contributor
All-NFLDC

TitanHope is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitanHope is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitanHope is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitanHope is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitanHope is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitanHope is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitanHope is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitanHope is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitanHope is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitanHope is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitanHope is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I was hoping for 8-4 this year, and winning the bowl game to end 9-4. Maybe even get 10 wins. But it looks like it'll be 7-5, and with no major injuries, that is just pathetic. I wouldn't mind losses like tonight if Dooley would EVER win against a team that's projected to win against us. But he doesn't, and he doesn't even consistently beat teams we should win against. Mississippi St. is a team we should have beaten.

I like the sound of Pat Fitzgerald a lot. Gary Patterson would be my #1 guy, and perhaps he'd come if we don't ask him with just weeks before signing day. Gruden and Peterson seem like pipe dreams. I think Baylor's Art Briles should also be on the radar. David Cutcliffe, Dan Mullen, and Charlie Strong are two guys who would jump at the job in a millisecond.

As long as we don't hire a coordinator to become a 1st time HC under us. I don't want to wait while he gets his feet under him.

[@TDWinstead]
Quote:
Originally Posted by MichaelJordanEberle (sabf) View Post
Damn Ke$ha is sexy.
TitanHope is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-14-2012, 12:06 AM    (permalink
CashmoneyDrew
Icon

CashmoneyDrew is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CashmoneyDrew is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CashmoneyDrew is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CashmoneyDrew is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CashmoneyDrew is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CashmoneyDrew is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CashmoneyDrew is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CashmoneyDrew is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CashmoneyDrew is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CashmoneyDrew is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CashmoneyDrew is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by TitanHope View Post
I was hoping for 8-4 this year, and winning the bowl game to end 9-4. Maybe even get 10 wins. But it looks like it'll be 7-5, and with no major injuries, that is just pathetic. I wouldn't mind losses like tonight if Dooley would EVER win against a team that's projected to win against us. But he doesn't, and he doesn't even consistently beat teams we should win against. Mississippi St. is a team we should have beaten.

I like the sound of Pat Fitzgerald a lot. Gary Patterson would be my #1 guy, and perhaps he'd come if we don't ask him with just weeks before signing day. Gruden and Peterson seem like pipe dreams. I think Baylor's Art Briles should also be on the radar. David Cutcliffe, Dan Mullen, and Charlie Strong are two guys who would jump at the job in a millisecond.

As long as we don't hire a coordinator to become a 1st time HC under us. I don't want to wait while he gets his feet under him.
This is huge for me as well. It's why I detest talk of Kirby Smart. Especially since I believe Saban has his fingers more on that defense than people think.
I also don't want any more first time coordinators. I think Sal is showing that that matters at the coordinator positions in the SEC as well.
I hope whomever takes the coaching position strongly considers keeping Graham and Pittman, though.
Old 10-14-2012, 09:52 PM    (permalink
TitanHope
Website Contributor
All-NFLDC

TitanHope is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitanHope is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitanHope is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitanHope is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitanHope is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitanHope is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitanHope is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitanHope is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitanHope is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitanHope is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitanHope is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I'm very much wondering what Hart will decide with Dooley. If we get to 7-5, and then go on to the Liberty Bowl/MCB and win it, then we'll finish 8-5. Perhaps that'll be enough for Dooley to remain, especially if Hart doesn't feel like he can get a coach he wants. I'm not sure I want to fire Dooley just to fire him.

But if he doesn't land some quality DB's and pass-rushers in recruiting, then he deserves to be fired just on principle. We need some defensive playmakers in the worst way. Kameron Miles is a nice start, especially if he can play CB, and Jason Carr looks like a prototypical 5-tech, but hopefully the staff, whoever it may be, finishes strong.

[@TDWinstead]
Quote:
Damn Ke$ha is sexy.
Old 10-20-2012, 09:23 PM    (permalink
TitanHope
Website Contributor
All-NFLDC

Doolander should be gone if he doesn't beat South Carolina.

It's one thing to lose because of a lack of talent, but the coaching staff made one of the most horrendous calls ever when they were down 23-10 with 3rd and 1 in Bama territory. Keep in mind, our OL is great and Marlin Lane had just had a 9-yard run. On 3rd down, they go for the big play and fail. They line up again, and then they call a timout. That's fine, cause it's an important play at a pivotal time. But what do they do next? They trot AJ Johnson out there so he can take the direct snap. WHAT IN THE WIDE WORLD OF ****? You call a timeout, and decide the best course of action is to run the ball with your ******* MLB? Did breaking a hip cause Dooley to contract an acute case of Down's syndrome?

These direct snaps to Johnson and Howard are stupid. How stupid are they? Because if you direct snap it at all, you do it to Cordarrelle Patterson. Not your overrated MLB, and not your freshman WR. You do it with the guy who is special with the ball in his hands. And all the other times, you don't get cute and you use Bray/Hunter/Cordarrelle/Rivera/Lane and this OL the way they should be played. You can't afford to out think yourselves when your defense is utter ****.

[@TDWinstead]
Quote:
Damn Ke$ha is sexy.
Old 10-21-2012, 10:54 AM    (permalink
CashmoneyDrew
Icon

That 3rd and 1 and 4th and 1 situation was the last straw for me. I'm not even going to bother to watch this team until I hear that Dooley and Crew have been deservedly canned. Jay Graham and Pittman can stay. Everyone else must go.
Old 10-27-2012, 09:53 PM    (permalink
TitanHope
Website Contributor
All-NFLDC

AJ Johnson had two carries today for 2 yards.

Save us based Gruden!

[@TDWinstead]
Quote:
Damn Ke$ha is sexy.
Old 10-27-2012, 10:06 PM    (permalink
CashmoneyDrew
Icon

I didn't get to watch today's game. I have it on DVR. Still debating if I should watch it or not.

I have, however, been keeping an eye on the Vol motherland forums. Safe to say Gruden fever has hit an all-time high. Can't say I blame them for once.

I'm really interested in seeing what his staff would look like. I convinced myself long ago before the rest of those jackals started talking about it that Graham and most likely Pittman would be kept. Don't see Hinshaw being kept, though, like most over there seem to think. WRs haven't exactly had a stellar season. Plus Tee Martin is out there lying in wait.

I don't see Jay Gruden coming to be OC. He's gonna get HC job offers somewhere this offseason I think.

I'd toss around the idea of John L. Smith for special teams coordinator (trust in his crazy). Then I'd go beg James Wilhoit to be a GA for a couple of years. Maybe hint at him taking over as ST coach in 2-3 years when Smith retired.

I've seen Raheem Morris mentioned as possible D-Coordinator, but I'd go after a more experienced play-caller (Morris has only been a DC one year I think) with 3-4 experience. As bad as the 3-4 defense has been this season, I think our personnel still fits that system best.
Plus, I don't think it's out of the question that Morris would accept the DB coach position. Especially if he was also given some BS title like associate head coach. Washington's defense has been pretty bad this season and I wouldn't be surprised to see those coaches looking for work once this season is over.

As far as linebackers and d-line goes... ??? I honestly don't know. I guess Kevin Steele is out there in need of work.

Alright, pinch me and tell me your thoughts fellow Vols fans.
Old 10-27-2012, 10:34 PM    (permalink
TitanHope
Website Contributor
All-NFLDC

Gruden has been out of coaching for so long that I have no idea who he'd hire.

It's a tricky spot. It's gonna cost UT a pretty penny to buy out Dooley and all his assistants, but in order to hire any coach worth a damn, Hart will have to agree to let the new HC have free reign in hiring his own assistants.

[@TDWinstead]
Quote:
Damn Ke$ha is sexy.
Old 10-27-2012, 11:48 PM    (permalink
TitanHope
Website Contributor
All-NFLDC

But just for the sake of conversation!

HC: Jon Gruden
OC/OL/Ass. HC: Bill Callahan
DC/LB: Kevin Steele
ST/TE: Charlie Coiner

QB: Tee Martin
RB: Jay Graham
WR: Darin Hinshaw
DL: John Palermo
DB: Raheem Morris
RC: ???

Lets say at the end of the year, Jason Garrett is fired from Dallas, and Callahan is let go. I think Gruden would go after him like a bat out of hell. Hiring him would mean Pittman would walk. Chaney leaving would mean a QB coach is needed, which Tee Martin would fill if he chose to leave USC. I think Darin Hinshaw is worth keeping, seeing as he's probably our best recruiter. I've been more than satisfied with the WR's under him.

I think Coiner is worth keeping as well.

It's the defense that I have no clue on. I think DL Coach John Palermo is the only guy who has a chance to stick around if Sal Sunseri is let go. CB Coach Derrick Ansley is a Sunseri guy (came to UT from Bama with Sunseri), and while S Coach Josh Conklin has experience as a DC and even ST's, he doesn't have many years of experience. Perhaps replace Sunseri with Steele, who also coaches LB's. Leave Palermo in place. And if Morris is let go or can leave Washington, then go after him.

That'd leave a spot for a 10th coach, which could be used for a Recruiting Coordinator. Obviously, if Gruden could nab Rodney Garner from UGA for DL/RC, then that'd be the coup of coups.

And I agree about bringing in another 3-4 DC, so perhaps Sunseri could be given another year by Gruden. The defense should improve drastically in it's second season.

[@TDWinstead]
Quote:
Damn Ke$ha is sexy.
Old 10-27-2012, 11:50 PM    (permalink
Cigaro
All-NFLDC

Location: Two-thirds of the Earth is covered by water, the other one-third is covered by Luke Kuechly
Cigaro is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Cigaro is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Cigaro is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Cigaro is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Cigaro is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Cigaro is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Cigaro is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Cigaro is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Cigaro is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Cigaro is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Cigaro is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Serious question, where is this Gruden stuff coming from? Rampant hope and speculation? I see that he spent his first year of coaching experience at Tennessee, but that's not very much at all. So is there actually something indicating he'd come to UT, or just a wild desire by the fanbase?

Sig by Matthew Jones
Cigaro is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-27-2012, 11:57 PM    (permalink
TitanHope
Website Contributor
All-NFLDC

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cigaro View Post
Serious question, where is this Gruden stuff coming from? Rampant hope and speculation? I see that he spent his first year of coaching experience at Tennessee, but that's not very much at all. So is there actually something indicating he'd come to UT, or just a wild desire by the fanbase?
He was seen watching the UT/SCAR game today and taking notes on it. The fanbase is obviously extremely hopeful, and with Tennessee fans, the sky's the limit on speculation, but that report was basically the only spark needed to cause a massive reaction from the fanbase. Gruden also has a home in East Tennessee, and his wife is a former UT cheerleader, so they have ties to the area as well.

[@TDWinstead]
Quote:
Damn Ke$ha is sexy.
Old 11-17-2012, 08:55 PM    (permalink
Pit Bull #53
Team Leader
All-Pro

Pit Bull #53 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Pit Bull #53 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Pit Bull #53 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Pit Bull #53 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Pit Bull #53 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Pit Bull #53 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Pit Bull #53 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Pit Bull #53 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Pit Bull #53 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Pit Bull #53 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Pit Bull #53 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

**** Derek Dooley. I just felt that needed to be said.
Pit Bull #53 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-17-2012, 09:05 PM    (permalink
TitanHope
Website Contributor
All-NFLDC

I won't feel one ounce of pity for him when he's let go. Not only did the team horrifically underachieve, but this is arguably the worst coaching performance over the course of a season that I've ever witnessed. It's hard for me to fathom how a team can improve in talent and still regress.

[@TDWinstead]
Quote:
Damn Ke$ha is sexy.