Draft Countdown Forums

Go Back   Draft Countdown Forums > The Locker Room > Off Topic

Off Topic Almost Anything Goes

View Poll Results: Who will win the NBA Championship in 2013?
Miami Heat 15 26.79%
Miami Heat 3 5.36%
Miami Heat 31 55.36%
Miami Heat 6 10.71%
Miami Heat 1 1.79%
Voters: 56. You may not vote on this poll

Old 10-27-2012, 10:14 PM    (permalink
yodabear
Magic Fingers
Icon

yodabear is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yodabear is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yodabear is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yodabear is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yodabear is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yodabear is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yodabear is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yodabear is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yodabear is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yodabear is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yodabear is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Well, now its no question about OKC, bring it Lakers in the finals!!!! Unless the Spurs use their magic **** or whatever the **** they have. Its Lakers-Heat baby! Can't wait!
Old 10-27-2012, 10:15 PM    (permalink
SickwithIt1010
All-Pro

SickwithIt1010 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SickwithIt1010 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SickwithIt1010 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SickwithIt1010 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SickwithIt1010 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SickwithIt1010 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SickwithIt1010 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SickwithIt1010 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SickwithIt1010 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SickwithIt1010 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SickwithIt1010 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Serge is comical as a 1 on 1 defender. Help defense? Watch out, but thats about the only card he can play.

Quote:
Originally Posted by 49erNation85 View Post
I wouldn't be sir prized if he passed McCoy on the depth chart. I think he might have a better arm and accurate arm then him from the highlights I thought. He also got some wheels too help us prepare for QB's as Wilson , RG3 and other runners etc.
SickwithIt1010 is online now   Reply With Quote
fenikz
Pillow Hat Pal
Legend

fenikz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.fenikz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.fenikz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.fenikz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.fenikz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.fenikz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.fenikz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.fenikz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.fenikz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.fenikz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.fenikz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Still gets worked over by any big man with post moves, which there happen to be a ton of in the West right now. Aldridge, Gasol, Jefferson, Randolph, Duncan and so on
Brodeur
Brother Mouzone
Legend

Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Morey said he wanted his star, and he got him (as far as I'm concerned). Presti just ****** himself.

RIP TheManInBlack
Brodeur is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-27-2012, 10:16 PM    (permalink
LTgiants
All-NFLDC

LTgiants is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LTgiants is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LTgiants is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LTgiants is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LTgiants is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LTgiants is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LTgiants is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LTgiants is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LTgiants is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LTgiants is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LTgiants is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I think it is a good deal for both sides.
Old 10-27-2012, 10:17 PM    (permalink
Rob S
Suck it Metsox
Legend

Location: I'm a simple man. I like pretty, dark haired women and breakfast food
Rob S is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rob S is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rob S is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rob S is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rob S is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rob S is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rob S is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rob S is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rob S is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rob S is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rob S is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by LTgiants View Post
I think it is a good deal for both sides.
It's really not. You don't sacrifice a chance at a title right now.
Old 10-27-2012, 10:18 PM    (permalink
SickwithIt1010
All-Pro

SickwithIt1010 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SickwithIt1010 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SickwithIt1010 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SickwithIt1010 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SickwithIt1010 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SickwithIt1010 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SickwithIt1010 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SickwithIt1010 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SickwithIt1010 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SickwithIt1010 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SickwithIt1010 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Adrian Wojnarowski ‏@WojYahooNBA
Houston plans to give James Harden a four year, $60 million extension once deal is completed, league sources tell Y! Sports.
Lets see if he feels that is enough...

Quote:
Originally Posted by 49erNation85 View Post
I wouldn't be sir prized if he passed McCoy on the depth chart. I think he might have a better arm and accurate arm then him from the highlights I thought. He also got some wheels too help us prepare for QB's as Wilson , RG3 and other runners etc.
SickwithIt1010 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 10-27-2012, 10:18 PM    (permalink
yo123
Legend

yo123 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yo123 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yo123 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yo123 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yo123 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yo123 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yo123 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yo123 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yo123 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yo123 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yo123 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I was waiting for someone to come in and play contrarian. I just figured it would be D.
yo123 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-27-2012, 10:19 PM    (permalink
LTgiants
All-NFLDC

LTgiants is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LTgiants is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LTgiants is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LTgiants is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LTgiants is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LTgiants is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LTgiants is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LTgiants is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LTgiants is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LTgiants is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LTgiants is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rob S View Post
OKC can still contend in the west with the roster they have.
Brodeur
Brother Mouzone
Legend

Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Yeah, especially if the long term gain is only Jeremy Lamb and some mediocre first rounders in a crappy draft.

RIP TheManInBlack
Da-Phins
Veteran

Da-Phins is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Da-Phins is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Da-Phins is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Da-Phins is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Da-Phins is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Da-Phins is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Da-Phins is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Da-Phins is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Da-Phins is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Da-Phins is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Da-Phins is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I really dont think its THAT bad of a deal for Thunder. Martin played pretty damn well in the preseason(to go along with his 17 mill expiring contract), Lamb can flat out shoot the ball and with a couple years he can really help the team. Plus, those draft picks brings alot of value.
Da-Phins is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-27-2012, 10:20 PM    (permalink
Docta
Veteran

Docta is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Docta is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Docta is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Docta is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Docta is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Docta is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Docta is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Docta is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Docta is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Docta is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Docta is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Brodeur View Post
Based on what? What about Martin's percentages tell you he's better than Harden? The dude is not the same guy he used to be, let's stop pretending that he is.
He looked like his old self during preseason, and OKC must have seen the same thing if they were willing to trade a budding superstar for him.
Docta is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-27-2012, 10:21 PM    (permalink
yo123
Legend

yo123 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yo123 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yo123 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yo123 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yo123 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yo123 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yo123 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yo123 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yo123 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yo123 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yo123 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by LTgiants View Post
OKC can still contend in the west with the roster they have.
Theoretically? Sure, with two of the top 10 or so players in the league you always have a shot. They still lessened their chances by a huge margin.

Like I said before, if for some reason you absolutely feel like you can't give Harden the extra 10 mill or so then actually shop him around, and don't just take the first garbage deal someone puts together after Harden turns you down.
Old 10-27-2012, 10:22 PM    (permalink
Rob S
Suck it Metsox
Legend

Rob S is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rob S is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rob S is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rob S is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rob S is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rob S is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rob S is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rob S is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rob S is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rob S is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rob S is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

This "couple of years" stuff makes me sick. Cue CM Punk talking about the Rock.....
Old 10-27-2012, 10:23 PM    (permalink
Brodeur
Brother Mouzone
Legend

Quote:
Originally Posted by Docta View Post
He looked like his old self during preseason, and OKC must have seen the same thing if they were willing to trade a budding superstar for him.
OKC is stupid. And it's the preseason, measuring veterans during the preseason is stupid.

Quote:
Originally Posted by yo123 View Post
Like I said before, if for some reason you absolutely feel like you can't give Harden the extra 10 mill or so then actually shop him around, and don't just take the first garbage deal someone puts together after Harden turns you down.
At least Utah got some pretty impressive players in the deal for Deron.

RIP TheManInBlack
Old 10-27-2012, 10:25 PM    (permalink
yo123
Legend

OKC offered 4.5 million less over 5 years than what Harden is going to get from Houston.

Less than a million a year. Well done Presti. Unbelievable coming from a guy who is regarded (deservedly up to this point) as one of the best GM's in the league.
Old 10-27-2012, 10:25 PM    (permalink
pierce2walker
Pro Bowler

pierce2walker is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.pierce2walker is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.pierce2walker is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.pierce2walker is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.pierce2walker is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.pierce2walker is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.pierce2walker is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.pierce2walker is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.pierce2walker is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.pierce2walker is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.pierce2walker is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Sadly, I think this deal mostly reflects that OKC just isn't a big market team. Martin's expiring clears a lot of money for them and them are hoping that between Lamb and the picks they can get a decent Harden replacement. The big market teams with the rich owners wouldn't have to make this move.

I am surprised how quickly OKC acted though. I guess they want the most time to gel together, but I feel like if they put Harden on the trade block and bid teams against themselves they could have gotten a better deal.
Old 10-27-2012, 10:26 PM    (permalink
Rob S
Suck it Metsox
Legend

The big market thing is a fallacy though......it's just an owner that doesn't want to spend a marginal amount on the luxury tax. An amount that a bunch of "small markets" have paid before.
Old 10-27-2012, 10:29 PM    (permalink
scottyboy
Coolio Cat
Legend

scottyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.scottyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.scottyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.scottyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.scottyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.scottyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.scottyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.scottyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.scottyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.scottyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.scottyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

no player is gonna be like "I don't want a chance to win a ring and play with Durant because it's in OKC". The fanbase there is ridiculous too. just a dumb deal. I'm sure they didn't give him the max either, now that I think about it. Why the hell not? Was it cap issues, or not wanting to?
Quote:
Originally Posted by PalmerToCJ View Post
BTW, if it's 3rd and 97... I'm throwing a screen pass to Brian Leonard and he will convert.
scottyboy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-27-2012, 10:29 PM    (permalink
Brodeur
Brother Mouzone
Legend

Quote:
The big market thing is a fallacy though......it's just an owner that doesn't want to spend a marginal amount on the luxury tax. An amount that a bunch of "small markets" have paid before.
Pretty much. And again, Serge is far more expendable than Harden, especially with (which Commie pointed out) how ******* dead the SG position is. Harden's going to be the best SG in the NBA next year.

RIP TheManInBlack
Old 10-27-2012, 10:30 PM    (permalink
LTgiants
All-NFLDC

Old 10-27-2012, 10:31 PM    (permalink
soybean
All-Pro

soybean is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.soybean is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.soybean is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.soybean is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.soybean is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.soybean is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.soybean is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.soybean is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.soybean is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.soybean is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.soybean is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

This makes me happy. It was so frustrating watching Harden get to the hole and draw fouls on every possession.

Kevin Martin is Mr. Glass so I'm definitely not scared of him.
soybean is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-27-2012, 10:33 PM    (permalink
SeanTaylorRIP
Ghettosermon
Legend

SeanTaylorRIP is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SeanTaylorRIP is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SeanTaylorRIP is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SeanTaylorRIP is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SeanTaylorRIP is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SeanTaylorRIP is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SeanTaylorRIP is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SeanTaylorRIP is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SeanTaylorRIP is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SeanTaylorRIP is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SeanTaylorRIP is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Rockets should try to use their assets to acquire a Danny Granger or Josh Smith then they would really have a great core.

Sig By:The Dynasty

2 7 Round Mocks: April 20
http://www.draftcountdown.com/forum/...50#post2577350
Full NBA Mock Draft: Updated May 18
http://www.draftcountdown.com/forum/...=1#post2602966
SeanTaylorRIP is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-27-2012, 10:36 PM    (permalink
Rob S
Suck it Metsox
Legend

Quote:
Originally Posted by SeanTaylorRIP View Post
Rockets should try to use their assets to acquire a Danny Granger or Josh Smith then they would really have a great core.
I'd agree with Josh. Granger is just so meh.
Old 10-27-2012, 10:37 PM    (permalink
Brodeur
Brother Mouzone
Legend

Josh Smith/Asik would be absolutely horrifying defensively. Lousy offensively probably...though.

RIP TheManInBlack