Draft Countdown Forums

Go Back   Draft Countdown Forums > Draft Countdown Forums > Team Boards > San Francisco 49ers Team Forum

San Francisco 49ers Team Forum Discuss the 49ers

Old 10-26-2012, 04:23 PM    (permalink
VAfy-ya
Pro Bowler

VAfy-ya is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.VAfy-ya is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.VAfy-ya is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.VAfy-ya is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.VAfy-ya is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.VAfy-ya is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.VAfy-ya is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.VAfy-ya is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.VAfy-ya is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.VAfy-ya is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.VAfy-ya is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by dan77733 View Post
You guys do realize that a rookie just last year did exactly what im proposing right? You know him by the name Aldon Smith. Easy? No, but possible. Just have to draft the right guy and since you guys have 100% faith in Baalke and Harbaugh, thats definitely possible.
Yes Dan but you don't cut a viable back-up, who knows your scheme inside and out BEFORE the pick proves himself. The draft is in late April, usually guys not cut before the first week in June, hit your books fully for the upcoming season, whether they make the team or not. So your asking a rookie to run around in shells and prove he's better than Haralson in a month's time? Yeah right. It makes more sense to keep Haralson for the remaining year of his contract. Let the young guys learn and develop in the system for a year, then allow Haralson to walk as a UFA with young guys waiting in the wings behind him, ready to step in and contribute. Why is that so hard for you to fathom?
VAfy-ya is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-26-2012, 06:32 PM    (permalink
dan77733
All-Pro

dan77733 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.dan77733 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.dan77733 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.dan77733 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.dan77733 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.dan77733 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.dan77733 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.dan77733 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.dan77733 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.dan77733 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.dan77733 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by VAfy-ya View Post
Yes Dan but you don't cut a viable back-up, who knows your scheme inside and out BEFORE the pick proves himself. The draft is in late April, usually guys not cut before the first week in June, hit your books fully for the upcoming season, whether they make the team or not. So your asking a rookie to run around in shells and prove he's better than Haralson in a month's time? Yeah right. It makes more sense to keep Haralson for the remaining year of his contract. Let the young guys learn and develop in the system for a year, then allow Haralson to walk as a UFA with young guys waiting in the wings behind him, ready to step in and contribute. Why is that so hard for you to fathom?
You talk about the draft pick proving himself yet look at Aldon. He proved himself as a pass rusher but not as a better run defender yet he's the starter opposite Brooks and even if Haralson was healthy, Smith was still going to be the starter.

What you're saying isnt hard for me to understand or anything like that. In fact, I understand 100% but quite simply, I wouldnt do that. Thats pretty much it. I would go with the rookie over Haralson and take my chances. Enough said but to each his own.
dan77733 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-26-2012, 07:25 PM    (permalink
Menardo75
All-Pro

Menardo75 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Menardo75 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Menardo75 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Menardo75 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Menardo75 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Menardo75 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Menardo75 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Menardo75 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Menardo75 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Menardo75 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Menardo75 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Dan's Gf is Matt Millen.
Menardo75 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-26-2012, 10:09 PM    (permalink
Ness
Icon

Ness is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ness is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ness is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ness is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ness is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ness is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ness is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ness is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ness is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ness is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ness is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

So where is the Cardinals gameday thread?

"Every light must fade, every heart return to darkness!"
-San Francisco 49ers: Five Time Super Bowl Champions-
Quote:
Originally Posted by Borat View Post
Oh, my bad. Didn't realize SWDC was the pinnacle of class and grace.
Ness is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-27-2012, 05:10 PM    (permalink
Borat
All-NFLDC

Borat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Borat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Borat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Borat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Borat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Borat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Borat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Borat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Borat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Borat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Borat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ness View Post
So where is the Cardinals gameday thread?
Right HERE.

Delayed because I can't get the SF Giants out of my head.

I'm sorry Brian Sabean. I was wrong. I think I might have been right, but you have Scoreboard.
Borat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-27-2012, 05:11 PM    (permalink
Ness
Icon

Ness is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ness is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ness is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ness is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ness is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ness is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ness is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ness is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ness is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ness is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ness is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Funniest comment I've seen this season.

Quote:
Alex Smith sucks. He is 14 point max QB from his first year in NFL and he is still the same QB. He might be an average QB but I can't consider him as an elete passer. He make his elete rcievers like Moss, Crabtree, Davis, manigham and others look bad because he doesn't have the ability to find his wide open recievers. Last year bralyn adwords look aweful but this year he is playing very well after being released by 49ers. We blame our recievers for every loss but in reality it is Alex Smith who cannnot perform at good or elete level. We had the upgrade at his position (Josh johnson) this year and we let him go. Now we have a better suited QB sitting at position no. 2 and we are only using him for wild cat plays. Amazing.

Quote:

Last edited by Ness : 10-27-2012 at 05:34 PM.
Old 10-27-2012, 05:30 PM    (permalink
Menardo75
All-Pro

Menardo75 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Menardo75 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Menardo75 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Menardo75 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Menardo75 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Menardo75 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Menardo75 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Menardo75 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Menardo75 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Menardo75 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Menardo75 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Didn't you or Dan say that?
Old 10-27-2012, 05:34 PM    (permalink
Ness
Icon

Quote:
Originally Posted by Menardo75 View Post
Here, I'll highlight the parts I found amusing.

Quote:
Old 10-27-2012, 05:50 PM    (permalink
abaddon41_80
Pro Bowler

abaddon41_80 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.abaddon41_80 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.abaddon41_80 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.abaddon41_80 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.abaddon41_80 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.abaddon41_80 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.abaddon41_80 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.abaddon41_80 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.abaddon41_80 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.abaddon41_80 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.abaddon41_80 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

With that many spelling errors it has to be a troll post
abaddon41_80 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-27-2012, 05:58 PM    (permalink
Menardo75
All-Pro

Quote:
Here, I'll highlight the parts I found amusing.
I take that back it was Ninernation.
Old 10-27-2012, 06:05 PM    (permalink
Borat
All-NFLDC

Borat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Borat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Borat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Borat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Borat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Borat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Borat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Borat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Borat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Borat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Borat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Bralyn Adwords.

Epic.

I'm sorry Brian Sabean. I was wrong. I think I might have been right, but you have Scoreboard.
Borat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-27-2012, 06:38 PM    (permalink
phlysac
All-Pro

phlysac is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.phlysac is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.phlysac is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.phlysac is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.phlysac is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.phlysac is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.phlysac is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.phlysac is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.phlysac is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.phlysac is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.phlysac is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by abaddon41_80 View Post
With that many spelling errors it has to be a troll post
or TebowFan
Old 10-27-2012, 06:42 PM    (permalink
phlysac
All-Pro

phlysac is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.phlysac is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.phlysac is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.phlysac is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.phlysac is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.phlysac is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.phlysac is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.phlysac is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.phlysac is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.phlysac is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.phlysac is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
We had the upgrade at his position (Josh johnson) this year and we let him go.
Yep... UNEMPLOYED!

Quote:
Last year bralyn adwords look aweful but this year he is playing very well after being released by 49ers.
49ers - 9 games | 15 Recs | 181 Yds | 0 TD = AWFUL
Hawks - 7 games | 8 Recs | 74 Yds | 1 TD = PLAYING WELL

Brilliant!
Old 10-27-2012, 08:19 PM    (permalink
VAfy-ya
Pro Bowler

VAfy-ya is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.VAfy-ya is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.VAfy-ya is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.VAfy-ya is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.VAfy-ya is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.VAfy-ya is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.VAfy-ya is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.VAfy-ya is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.VAfy-ya is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.VAfy-ya is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.VAfy-ya is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
You talk about the draft pick proving himself yet look at Aldon. He proved himself as a pass rusher but not as a better run defender yet he's the starter opposite Brooks and even if Haralson was healthy, Smith was still going to be the starter.
1. Aldon is not bad against the run. Actually, he's been pretty darn good holding the edge on his side. Our run issues have very little to do with him.

2. Did he start as rookie? Excatly, so yes he did have to prove himself. He became a starter in his second year.....excatly what I was alluding to.
Old 10-28-2012, 01:14 AM    (permalink
dan77733
All-Pro

dan77733 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.dan77733 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.dan77733 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.dan77733 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.dan77733 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.dan77733 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.dan77733 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.dan77733 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.dan77733 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.dan77733 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.dan77733 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by VAfy-ya View Post
1. Aldon is not bad against the run. Actually, he's been pretty darn good holding the edge on his side. Our run issues have very little to do with him.

2. Did he start as rookie? Excatly, so yes he did have to prove himself. He became a starter in his second year.....excatly what I was alluding to.
1. Never said he was bad against the run but he's not as good as Haralson but he was our first rounder last year and had a great year as a backup which made it impossible not to start him. Our run issues have more to do with not having any backups subbing in thus making the starters tired. When you see Dobbs and Tukuafu on offense instead of on the DL where they belong, you know there's a problem.

2. I understand your point but there's just one problem. I never said that the rookies who would be replacing Haralson would be starting as a rookie or even in a year or two. The rookies would be there to provide depth against the run and the pass. Difference is that they would be younger, cheaper with far more upside and potential than Haralson.

You would keep Haralson. I wouldnt. Enough said.
Old 10-28-2012, 01:18 AM    (permalink
dan77733
All-Pro

Quote:
Quote:
Alex Smith sucks. He is 14 point max QB from his first year in NFL and he is still the same QB. He might be an average QB but I can't consider him as an elete passer. He make his elete rcievers like Moss, Crabtree, Davis, manigham and others look bad because he doesn't have the ability to find his wide open recievers. Last year bralyn adwords look aweful but this year he is playing very well after being released by 49ers. We blame our recievers for every loss but in reality it is Alex Smith who cannnot perform at good or elete level. We had the upgrade at his position (Josh johnson) this year and we let him go. Now we have a better suited QB sitting at position no. 2 and we are only using him for wild cat plays. Amazing.
Quote:
I never said that and unlike whoever wrote that, I can actually read, write and spell.
Old 10-28-2012, 03:35 PM    (permalink
Menardo75
All-Pro

Quote:
I never said that and unlike whoever wrote that, I can actually read, write and spell.
It does match your level of stupidity though my mistake.
Old 10-28-2012, 10:31 PM    (permalink
dan77733
All-Pro

Quote:
It does match your level of stupidity though my mistake.
Just because we dont agree on a lot doesnt make me stupid just like me not agreeing with you doesnt make you stupid.
Old 10-28-2012, 10:35 PM    (permalink
abaddon41_80
Pro Bowler

abaddon41_80 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.abaddon41_80 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.abaddon41_80 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.abaddon41_80 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.abaddon41_80 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.abaddon41_80 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.abaddon41_80 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.abaddon41_80 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.abaddon41_80 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.abaddon41_80 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.abaddon41_80 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I'm with dan on this one. Him offering different, though admittedly sometimes far-out, opinions doesn't make him stupid. His posts are normally as well thought-out and written as anyone's
Old 10-29-2012, 07:10 PM    (permalink
49erNation85
All-Pro

49erNation85 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.49erNation85 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.49erNation85 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.49erNation85 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.49erNation85 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.49erNation85 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.49erNation85 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.49erNation85 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.49erNation85 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.49erNation85 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.49erNation85 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Now play nice everyone. Just blame it on me. I will take the blame .
49erNation85 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-30-2012, 12:26 PM    (permalink
VAfy-ya
Pro Bowler

It's funny that I see some Niner fans saying that Crabs finally had a good game. Actually, he had a decent game. Only difference is he got opportunities in the red-zone and scored points. He's had much more impressive outings where he just didn't get in the end-zone. But the YAC is something Crabs always gives us. I don't know if fans haven't been paying attention or just refuse to see it but Crabs has been playing really great football for awhile now. Ever since his foot finally healed last year, he has been solid in all aspects really.

I think what it is now and its something Trent Dilfer pointed out in the post-game is Crabs is finally being used they way he's supposed to, the way his skill-set dictates he should be used, in a offense that caters more to his strengths than the one he played in before Jimbaugh arrived. He's in the slot more and that's really where he's most dangerous. He's very quick and strong and if you get him the ball in space, he can make guys miss and you saw that last night. He's much easier to defend outside because he lacks great foot-speed. But with additions of Moss and Manningham, Crabs can now get more looks in the slot, where I think he's huge a mis-match against any nickelback. And the more opportunities he gets in the slot, the more you'll see him deliver like he did last night.
Old 10-30-2012, 06:47 PM    (permalink
Ness
Icon

Colin Cowherd said Alex Smith and Mark Sanchez are the same quarterback except their paths are reversed and went on a two minute rant with his "evidence" and asked why everyone loves Alex Smith (really?) and everyone hates Sanchez. LOL. I don't mind Cowherd that much, because sometimes he brings up good points, but at other times just to prove his point he'll take a subject, look at one side of the coin and pick specific intricate details while ignoring everything else and provide that as a case. Best troll on the airwaves I promise you.

Quote:

Last edited by Ness : 10-30-2012 at 06:52 PM.
Old 10-30-2012, 07:02 PM    (permalink
Brent
TomTom Out
Legend

Brent is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brent is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brent is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brent is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brent is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brent is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brent is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brent is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brent is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brent is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brent is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

he's a paid contrarian

Pick the Winners Champion 2008 | 2011
Brent is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-30-2012, 07:36 PM    (permalink
abaddon41_80
Pro Bowler

He specifically said that Alex Smith these last two years = Mark Sanchez his first two years. Never mind the fact that Sanchez had more touchdowns than interceptions and completed under 55% of his passes
Old 10-30-2012, 10:28 PM    (permalink
Menardo75
All-Pro

Quote:
Originally Posted by abaddon41_80 View Post
He specifically said that Alex Smith these last two years = Mark Sanchez his first two years. Never mind the fact that Sanchez had more touchdowns than interceptions and completed under 55% of his passes
You can't talk about that it would disprove his point.