Draft Countdown Forums

Go Back   Draft Countdown Forums > Draft Countdown Forums > College Football

College Football Discuss College Football

Old 10-28-2012, 12:17 AM    (permalink
SolidGold
Pro Bowler

SolidGold is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SolidGold is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SolidGold is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SolidGold is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SolidGold is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SolidGold is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SolidGold is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SolidGold is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SolidGold is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SolidGold is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SolidGold is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by JoeJoeBrown View Post
ND is for real. Great defense, steady offense that isn't prone to mistakes. That's a formula for winning championships.

The OREGON TOUCHDOWNZ crowd doesn't like it, but they also like WVU.

If ND goes undefeated they will have deserved to go to the title game.

They would give Bama a good game as well.

As a side note: I hate ND.
This...ND is legit...**** the haters...they have a very solid defense

and Braxton Milller is overrrated clap clap clap clap clap

Last edited by SolidGold : 10-28-2012 at 12:21 AM.
SolidGold is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-28-2012, 12:41 AM    (permalink
SickwithIt1010
All-Pro

SickwithIt1010 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SickwithIt1010 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SickwithIt1010 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SickwithIt1010 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SickwithIt1010 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SickwithIt1010 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SickwithIt1010 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SickwithIt1010 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SickwithIt1010 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SickwithIt1010 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SickwithIt1010 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

LSU's defense is not better than Bama's.

Quote:
Originally Posted by 49erNation85 View Post
I wouldn't be sir prized if he passed McCoy on the depth chart. I think he might have a better arm and accurate arm then him from the highlights I thought. He also got some wheels too help us prepare for QB's as Wilson , RG3 and other runners etc.
SickwithIt1010 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-28-2012, 12:43 AM    (permalink
DcmRulz
Pro Bowler

DcmRulz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DcmRulz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DcmRulz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DcmRulz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DcmRulz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DcmRulz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DcmRulz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DcmRulz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DcmRulz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DcmRulz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DcmRulz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Meanwhile, Washington upset Oregon State, pretty much knocking them out of the top 10, any serious Pac-12 and crippling Oregon's SOS even more.
DcmRulz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-28-2012, 01:26 AM    (permalink
Babylon
Legend

Babylon is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Babylon is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Babylon is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Babylon is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Babylon is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Babylon is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Babylon is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Babylon is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Babylon is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Babylon is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Babylon is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I suppose there will be this ground swell to get ND to a BCS title game but anyone that thinks they're in the same class as Oregon is dreaming.
Babylon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-28-2012, 02:31 AM    (permalink
mqtirishfan
All-Pro

mqtirishfan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.mqtirishfan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.mqtirishfan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.mqtirishfan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.mqtirishfan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.mqtirishfan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.mqtirishfan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.mqtirishfan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.mqtirishfan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.mqtirishfan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.mqtirishfan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Babylon View Post
I suppose there will be this ground swell to get ND to a BCS title game but anyone that thinks they're in the same class as Oregon is dreaming.
My biggest hope is that Bama and KSU lose so ND can take it to Oregon.
mqtirishfan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-28-2012, 03:46 AM    (permalink
SolidGold
Pro Bowler

SolidGold is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SolidGold is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SolidGold is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SolidGold is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SolidGold is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SolidGold is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SolidGold is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SolidGold is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SolidGold is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SolidGold is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SolidGold is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
I would love to see ND vs Oregon. I thought Oklahoma was going to trample ND tonight but ND was able to limit the Sooners scoring. I actually think Oregon vs ND would be a compelling matchup.

As Oregon goes through its season its more obvious the offense is predicated on the run. I believe ND can effectively neutralize the run.

Say what you want about Notre Dame but after the game vs Oklahoma the least you can say is their defense is legit.
SolidGold is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-28-2012, 07:25 AM    (permalink
Smooth Criminal
All-NFLDC

Smooth Criminal is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Smooth Criminal is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Smooth Criminal is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Smooth Criminal is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Smooth Criminal is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Smooth Criminal is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Smooth Criminal is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Smooth Criminal is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Smooth Criminal is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Smooth Criminal is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Smooth Criminal is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I think ND will have earned a NC spot if they all go undefeated. They'll clearly have played a tougher schedule than Oregon and Kansas State. Not to mention the support Notre Dame will have across the country, but that doesn't contribute to them deserving anything.

Oregon really could have used a halfway decent out of conference game on their schedule.

Thanks to The Dynasty for the sig
Smooth Criminal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-28-2012, 08:24 AM    (permalink
General Zod
All-Pro

General Zod is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.General Zod is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.General Zod is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.General Zod is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.General Zod is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.General Zod is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.General Zod is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.General Zod is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.General Zod is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.General Zod is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.General Zod is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I cant really get into to much depth about last nights game, because im incredibly hung over right now. So in short, I'll just say that this team is legit. Haters can keep hating. And if Golson plays smart football like he did last night, this team can hang with anyone in the country.

And now for my Manti-Man love moment....

I cant remember the last LB in college that plays as fast as Teo does. I cannot wait to see this guy in the pros. He is going to make some team very happy.

http://www.change.org/petitions/trac...share_petition
General Zod is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-28-2012, 09:43 AM    (permalink
Brent
TomTom Out
Legend

Brent is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brent is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brent is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brent is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brent is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brent is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brent is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brent is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brent is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brent is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brent is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by jrdrylie View Post
How much of a chance does New Mexico State have of beating Auburn?
Not a great chance, but at this rate...

Quote:
Originally Posted by YAYareaRB View Post
Fire Tedford
How the **** is Maynard the best QB that they could recruit?

Pick the Winners Champion 2008 | 2011
Brent is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-28-2012, 09:47 AM    (permalink
asdf1223
Veteran

asdf1223 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.asdf1223 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.asdf1223 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.asdf1223 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.asdf1223 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.asdf1223 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.asdf1223 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.asdf1223 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.asdf1223 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.asdf1223 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.asdf1223 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Smooth Criminal View Post
I think ND will have earned a NC spot if they all go undefeated. They'll clearly have played a tougher schedule than Oregon and Kansas State. Not to mention the support Notre Dame will have across the country, but that doesn't contribute to them deserving anything.

Oregon really could have used a halfway decent out of conference game on their schedule.
K-State dropped out of playing them. They couldn't get a replacement for that.
Old 10-28-2012, 10:27 AM    (permalink
Babylon
Legend

Babylon is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Babylon is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Babylon is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Babylon is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Babylon is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Babylon is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Babylon is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Babylon is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Babylon is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Babylon is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Babylon is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Smooth Criminal View Post

I think their resumes will be pretty similar by the end of the season. Assuming ND and Oregon go undefeated the Irish will have quality wins against Michigan, Stanford, USC and Oklahoma. Oregon's quality wins would be Stanford, USC (twice) and Oregon st. Oregon would also have wins against two bowl teams in Washinton and Arizona (again most likely).

I'm not trying to imply that ND hasn't had a good year but the way Oregon is dispatching people to me is more impressive. I think it'll all play out.
Old 10-28-2012, 11:02 AM    (permalink
wicket
All-Pro

wicket is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.wicket is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.wicket is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.wicket is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.wicket is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.wicket is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.wicket is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.wicket is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.wicket is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.wicket is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.wicket is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
I think their resumes will be pretty similar by the end of the season. Assuming ND and Oregon go undefeated the Irish will have quality wins against Michigan, Stanford, USC and Oklahoma. Oregon's quality wins would be Stanford, USC (twice) and Oregon st. Oregon would also have wins against two bowl teams in Washinton and Arizona (again most likely).

I'm not trying to imply that ND hasn't had a good year but the way Oregon is dispatching people to me is more impressive. I think it'll all play out.
i honestly think people would look hard at how the both teams wouldve looked against usc if it were to come down to that

Saints 2014 draft wish list:
- No pass rusher till the fourth round (or preferably at all)
- Corner or Wideout in the first
- No reaching
- No Kelvin Benjamin
wicket is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-28-2012, 11:08 AM    (permalink
Babylon
Legend

Quote:
Originally Posted by wicket View Post
i honestly think people would look hard at how the both teams wouldve looked against usc if it were to come down to that
And Stanford. A lot of stuff left to be determined for sure.
Old 10-28-2012, 11:39 AM    (permalink
dabears10
All-Pro

dabears10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.dabears10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.dabears10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.dabears10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.dabears10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.dabears10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.dabears10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.dabears10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.dabears10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.dabears10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.dabears10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

It might come down to who has the best win. Is Notre Dame winning in Norman better than Oregon beating Oregon State on the road?

Thanks to BoneKrusher Credit and Rep to him for the sig.

dabears10 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-28-2012, 11:44 AM    (permalink
H.O.O.D
Veteran

H.O.O.D is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.H.O.O.D is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.H.O.O.D is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.H.O.O.D is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.H.O.O.D is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.H.O.O.D is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.H.O.O.D is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.H.O.O.D is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.H.O.O.D is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.H.O.O.D is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.H.O.O.D is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:

People forget we also went into East Lansing and beat Michigan State who were ranked 10th, had won their first two games and despite their record do have a top 5 defense.
Old 10-28-2012, 11:46 AM    (permalink
Smooth Criminal
All-NFLDC

Smooth Criminal is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Smooth Criminal is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Smooth Criminal is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Smooth Criminal is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Smooth Criminal is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Smooth Criminal is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Smooth Criminal is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Smooth Criminal is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Smooth Criminal is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Smooth Criminal is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Smooth Criminal is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by dabears10 View Post
It might come down to who has the best win. Is Notre Dame winning in Norman better than Oregon beating Oregon State on the road?
I think so. Definitely. Might not have been if Oregon State was still undefeated too. Oregon needed one more big game, but most likely we won't have to have this debate anyway.

But I do think Oregon is better than Notre Dame, but that's not what matters.

Old 10-28-2012, 11:48 AM    (permalink
Trogdor
Pro Bowler

Trogdor is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Trogdor is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Trogdor is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Trogdor is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Trogdor is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Trogdor is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Trogdor is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Trogdor is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Trogdor is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Trogdor is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Trogdor is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

If Oregon continues to average 50+ and are dominant against the remainder of the schedule it'll be a shame if they aren't playing for the NC.

It'll all work out but ND not playing a conference title game, same with Kansas St, will definitely hurt them both compared to Oregon. Again this is if Oregon continues to play dominantly.

Remaining NOTABLE schedules:

'Bama: LSU and SEC championship

KSU (predicted #2): None? - They are probaly double digit favorites over OSU/Texas/TCU

ND (predicted #3): USC

Oregon (predicted #4): USC, Oregon St, and Pac-12 championship

If Oregon wins out that's 3 quality wins to end the season. Hard to imagine the polls moving away from them at 2 and the computers would bump their ranking up as well compared to KSU and ND.

I still think something will happen to fix this. ND losing to USC, Bama, losing to LSU/Georgia, or Oregon losing to USC/OSU.
Trogdor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-28-2012, 11:59 AM    (permalink
Babylon
Legend

Quote:
Originally Posted by dabears10 View Post
Or Oregon's signature wins could be beating USC (6-2) twice. Something tells me we could play this game all day. Their schedules look similar to me by the end of the season.
Old 10-28-2012, 12:14 PM    (permalink
Smooth Criminal
All-NFLDC

I think they were leaving USC out cause Notre Dame will have that one too. The main different signature wins will be at Oregon State and At Oklahoma.

Old 10-28-2012, 12:15 PM    (permalink
Smooth Criminal
All-NFLDC

Edit wrong thread.

Old 10-28-2012, 12:27 PM    (permalink
dabears10
All-Pro

dabears10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.dabears10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.dabears10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.dabears10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.dabears10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.dabears10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.dabears10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.dabears10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.dabears10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.dabears10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.dabears10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Or Oregon's signature wins could be beating USC (6-2) twice. Something tells me we could play this game all day. Their schedules look similar to me by the end of the season.
USC will have 5 losses then. Is that still a signature win?

Thanks to BoneKrusher Credit and Rep to him for the sig.

dabears10 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-28-2012, 12:27 PM    (permalink
niel89
SuperBowl Prop Bet Winner
All-Pro

niel89 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.niel89 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.niel89 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.niel89 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.niel89 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.niel89 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.niel89 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.niel89 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.niel89 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.niel89 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.niel89 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Am I the only one who thinks that Alabama is the only really good team this year? ND, K state, & Oregon are all good but I don't think any of them beat Bama.

I also think that Oregon is a better team than ND. Oregon has been crushing people. ND has had a lot more close games. If they played then I see Oregon winning.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Scott Wright View Post
Don't be a stranger. Jordyzzzz would want you to stick around. ;o)

Touch Fuzzy, Get Dizzy
niel89 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-28-2012, 01:53 PM    (permalink
J-Mike88
All-Pro

J-Mike88 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.J-Mike88 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.J-Mike88 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.J-Mike88 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.J-Mike88 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.J-Mike88 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.J-Mike88 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.J-Mike88 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.J-Mike88 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.J-Mike88 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.J-Mike88 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cigaro View Post
I just wish that if it had to happen to anyone, it wouldn't be Lattimore, not simply because of the caliber of player he is, but also because of the type of person he is. I guess it sounds bad saying I wished it would happen to someone else, but truthfully I do, because Lattimore is one of the highest quality characters in college football. I can only hope that he can recover and still play football, but if not, I have no doubt he'll still be successful in life.
True all that, but what sucks is this isn't just one where a guy planted wrong or something "happened". This was done to him like Delmas does to guys, like someone did to Adrian Peterson, Willis McGahee, Jordan Shipley, etc.
Man-up and hit em in the waist or chest. Or how about wreap em up instead of a shoulder/head missile kill shot.

As for Lattimore and life.... I hear that too, but here's the thing, and it reminds me of Marcus DuPree too.... God created greatness in these guys, but it was their legs that were special. And the low hits into the knees ended those paths to greatness. Sucks. Saddens me.

Except for Allen, I guess don't name your RB "Marcus".
J-Mike88 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-28-2012, 01:54 PM    (permalink
J-Mike88
All-Pro

J-Mike88 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.J-Mike88 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.J-Mike88 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.J-Mike88 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.J-Mike88 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.J-Mike88 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.J-Mike88 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.J-Mike88 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.J-Mike88 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.J-Mike88 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.J-Mike88 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

NATIONAL SEMIFINALS:

Alabama @ Oregon
Notre Dame @ Kansas State

What are the point spreads?
J-Mike88 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-28-2012, 02:18 PM    (permalink
Cigaro
All-NFLDC

Location: Two-thirds of the Earth is covered by water, the other one-third is covered by Luke Kuechly
Cigaro is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Cigaro is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Cigaro is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Cigaro is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Cigaro is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Cigaro is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Cigaro is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Cigaro is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Cigaro is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Cigaro is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Cigaro is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by J-Mike88 View Post
True all that, but what sucks is this isn't just one where a guy planted wrong or something "happened". This was done to him like Delmas does to guys, like someone did to Adrian Peterson, Willis McGahee, Jordan Shipley, etc.
Man-up and hit em in the waist or chest. Or how about wreap em up instead of a shoulder/head missile kill shot.

As for Lattimore and life.... I hear that too, but here's the thing, and it reminds me of Marcus DuPree too.... God created greatness in these guys, but it was their legs that were special. And the low hits into the knees ended those paths to greatness. Sucks. Saddens me.

Except for Allen, I guess don't name your RB "Marcus".
Well Spurrier came out today and said he dislocated his knee and that the injury was not expected to be career-ending, so there is still some hope for him.

Sig by Matthew Jones
Cigaro is offline   Reply With Quote