Draft Countdown Forums

Go Back   Draft Countdown Forums > Draft Countdown Forums > 2014 NFL Draft Forum

2014 NFL Draft Forum Discuss the 2014 NFL Draft

Old 10-27-2012, 10:47 PM    (permalink
VUBlacknGold
Rookie

VUBlacknGold is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.VUBlacknGold is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.VUBlacknGold is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.VUBlacknGold is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.VUBlacknGold is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.VUBlacknGold is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.VUBlacknGold is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.VUBlacknGold is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.VUBlacknGold is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.VUBlacknGold is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.VUBlacknGold is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

nice tackle there Tennessee...

I Bleed Black and Gold
VUBlacknGold is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-27-2012, 10:55 PM    (permalink
yo123
Legend

yo123 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yo123 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yo123 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yo123 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yo123 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yo123 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yo123 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yo123 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yo123 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yo123 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yo123 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

My god can we quit blaming the Tennessee kid? That kind of tackle happens in every single game, this one happened to end badly. Guys like Lattimore aren't going down if you tackle him high, it's not his fault and he obviously didn't mean for this to happen.
yo123 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-27-2012, 10:56 PM    (permalink
TitanHope
Website Contributor
All-NFLDC

TitanHope is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitanHope is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitanHope is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitanHope is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitanHope is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitanHope is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitanHope is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitanHope is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitanHope is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitanHope is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitanHope is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

You really can't blame the Tennessee defense, mostly because Tennessee doesn't have a defense to blame.

[@TDWinstead]
Quote:
Originally Posted by MichaelJordanEberle (sabf) View Post
Damn Ke$ha is sexy.
TitanHope is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-27-2012, 11:31 PM    (permalink
OzTitan
Pro Bowler

OzTitan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.OzTitan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.OzTitan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.OzTitan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.OzTitan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.OzTitan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.OzTitan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.OzTitan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.OzTitan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.OzTitan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.OzTitan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Why would anyone want to be a running back. Really. Every year or two it seems some promising RB prospect suffers a huge set back due to injury. The league is in a seemingly irreversible devaluation of the position. Even if the position evolves and regains a bit more importance, it seems to be inevitably towards by-committee anyway, and with high turnover, so still less than ideal for the individuals playing it.

I'm not overly familiar with the process involved in molding yourself for a position and how early you have to start this, but I'd be trying everything in my power to be anything but a RB if I could help it.
OzTitan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-28-2012, 12:55 AM    (permalink
PossibleCabbage
Pro Bowler

PossibleCabbage is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PossibleCabbage is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PossibleCabbage is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PossibleCabbage is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PossibleCabbage is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PossibleCabbage is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PossibleCabbage is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PossibleCabbage is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PossibleCabbage is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PossibleCabbage is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PossibleCabbage is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by OzTitan View Post
Why would anyone want to be a running back. Really. Every year or two it seems some promising RB prospect suffers a huge set back due to injury. The league is in a seemingly irreversible devaluation of the position. Even if the position evolves and regains a bit more importance, it seems to be inevitably towards by-committee anyway, and with high turnover, so still less than ideal for the individuals playing it.
I think the reason is that NFL players come from college, college players come from high school, and high school players come from various youth football leagues. The further you get from the top, the more difficult it is to run various passing schemes that have resulted in the progressive obsolescence of the RB at the highest levels of the game. I mean, the Packers didn't have the Aaron Rodgers we see now within 3 years of drafting him, so what's your Jr. High football team supposed to do on offense when they've only got guys for 2 years?

So you see peewee teams run the ball a lot, junior high run the ball a lot, junior varsity teams run the ball a lot, and the varsity squad runs the ball a lot. So from the first day you strap on the football gear, the running back is a pretty darn important part of your offense, so RB1 can be a bit of a BMOC.

It's just that when you get to the higher echelons of the sport, being a running back is less and less rewarding as teams get better at passing and defenses just hit harder.
PossibleCabbage is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-28-2012, 01:03 AM    (permalink
villagewarrior
Pro Bowler

villagewarrior is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.villagewarrior is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.villagewarrior is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.villagewarrior is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.villagewarrior is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.villagewarrior is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.villagewarrior is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.villagewarrior is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.villagewarrior is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.villagewarrior is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.villagewarrior is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by phlysac View Post
I am unaware of anyone who has ever returned from a full knee tear, meaning all four major ligaments + patella.

The only knee I remember being hurt worse than this was Napolean McCallum's and his lower leg was nearly amputated.

Let's continue to pray for heroic orthopedic medicine and Lattimore's good health.
When I saw the injury I was hoping it wouldn't jeopardize his leg. First thing I thought of was that Patriots running back who got hurt in Hawaii - Robert Edwards, I think.
villagewarrior is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-28-2012, 01:17 AM    (permalink
BeerBaron
Team Leader
Legend

BeerBaron is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BeerBaron is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BeerBaron is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BeerBaron is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BeerBaron is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BeerBaron is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BeerBaron is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BeerBaron is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BeerBaron is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BeerBaron is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BeerBaron is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by PossibleCabbage View Post
I think the reason is that NFL players come from college, college players come from high school, and high school players come from various youth football leagues. The further you get from the top, the more difficult it is to run various passing schemes that have resulted in the progressive obsolescence of the RB at the highest levels of the game. I mean, the Packers didn't have the Aaron Rodgers we see now within 3 years of drafting him, so what's your Jr. High football team supposed to do on offense when they've only got guys for 2 years?

So you see peewee teams run the ball a lot, junior high run the ball a lot, junior varsity teams run the ball a lot, and the varsity squad runs the ball a lot. So from the first day you strap on the football gear, the running back is a pretty darn important part of your offense, so RB1 can be a bit of a BMOC.

It's just that when you get to the higher echelons of the sport, being a running back is less and less rewarding as teams get better at passing and defenses just hit harder.
Well, at most lower level high school programs (the ones who still run the ball that much) most players still play both ways. If you're playing, say, RB and S, I'd much prefer to try and get recruited as a safety.
Old 10-28-2012, 01:36 AM    (permalink
brat316
bhaarat316
All-NFLDC

brat316 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.brat316 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.brat316 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.brat316 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.brat316 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.brat316 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.brat316 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.brat316 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.brat316 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.brat316 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.brat316 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

can't blame the guy for going low, go high get your bell run and his, and end up with fine.
Old 10-28-2012, 08:45 AM    (permalink
FuzzyGopher
Pro Bowler

FuzzyGopher is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.FuzzyGopher is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.FuzzyGopher is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.FuzzyGopher is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.FuzzyGopher is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.FuzzyGopher is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.FuzzyGopher is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.FuzzyGopher is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.FuzzyGopher is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.FuzzyGopher is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.FuzzyGopher is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Not sure how credible this site is, but holy **** if their report is accurate. According to the link: Broken Femur, Torn ACL, MCL, LCL, PCL and broken Patella.

http://www.nesn.com/2012/10/report-m...l-in-knee.html
Old 10-28-2012, 08:51 AM    (permalink
descendency
All-Pro

descendency is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.descendency is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.descendency is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.descendency is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.descendency is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.descendency is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.descendency is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.descendency is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.descendency is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.descendency is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.descendency is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by FuzzyGopher View Post
Not sure how credible this site is, but holy **** if their report is accurate. According to the link: Broken Femur, Torn ACL, MCL, LCL, PCL and broken Patella.

http://www.nesn.com/2012/10/report-m...l-in-knee.html
Someone I know studying physical therapy basically guessed that after seeing the replay... so I have a feeling it's probably very accurate.
Old 10-28-2012, 08:58 AM    (permalink
Brent
TomTom Out
Legend

Brent is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brent is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brent is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brent is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brent is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brent is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brent is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brent is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brent is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brent is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brent is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I want to watch the video, but part of me is forbidding myself from doing so.

Pick the Winners Champion 2008 | 2011
Brent is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-28-2012, 09:37 AM    (permalink
Trogdor
Pro Bowler

Trogdor is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Trogdor is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Trogdor is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Trogdor is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Trogdor is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Trogdor is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Trogdor is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Trogdor is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Trogdor is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Trogdor is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Trogdor is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Brent View Post
It's bad but IMHO no where near as jarring as McGahee's. Injury is probaly much worse. Have to feel for Lattimore. Strong feeling he'll be playing again after a long recovery.
Trogdor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-28-2012, 11:02 AM    (permalink
y.f.s.
Rookie

y.f.s. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.y.f.s. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.y.f.s. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.y.f.s. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.y.f.s. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.y.f.s. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.y.f.s. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.y.f.s. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.y.f.s. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.y.f.s. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.y.f.s. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Brent View Post
The look of terror and shock on his face when lying on the ground was worse than seeing the play happen live.

It's not really the hit IMO, it's seeing his leg flop around after the hit.
y.f.s. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-28-2012, 12:27 PM    (permalink
ChiFan24
2011 SWDC Mock Draft Champ
Pro Bowler

ChiFan24 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ChiFan24 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ChiFan24 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ChiFan24 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ChiFan24 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ChiFan24 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ChiFan24 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ChiFan24 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ChiFan24 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ChiFan24 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ChiFan24 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I'm not saying his career is over because apparently that pisses people off......but I sure as hell wouldn't draft him.
Old 10-28-2012, 01:02 PM    (permalink
VUBlacknGold
Rookie

VUBlacknGold is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.VUBlacknGold is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.VUBlacknGold is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.VUBlacknGold is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.VUBlacknGold is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.VUBlacknGold is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.VUBlacknGold is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.VUBlacknGold is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.VUBlacknGold is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.VUBlacknGold is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.VUBlacknGold is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by yo123 View Post
My god can we quit blaming the Tennessee kid? That kind of tackle happens in every single game, this one happened to end badly. Guys like Lattimore aren't going down if you tackle him high, it's not his fault and he obviously didn't mean for this to happen.
yall might say its a clean tackle, to me, this is just too low of a tackle. But thats just how i feel and imma leave it at that.

I Bleed Black and Gold
Old 10-28-2012, 01:25 PM    (permalink
ncst8fan83
Pro Bowler

ncst8fan83 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ncst8fan83 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ncst8fan83 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ncst8fan83 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ncst8fan83 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ncst8fan83 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ncst8fan83 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ncst8fan83 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ncst8fan83 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ncst8fan83 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ncst8fan83 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by yo123 View Post
While I don't think you can really BLAME the UT defenders, I do think that high/low combo tackle is quite dangerous. If the O-line can't do it to the D-line, why do they let defenders do that to ball carriers? Seems to be a symptom of lazy tackling technique.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Morgan Freeman
Titty sprinkles
ncst8fan83 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-28-2012, 01:31 PM    (permalink
CashmoneyDrew
Icon

CashmoneyDrew is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CashmoneyDrew is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CashmoneyDrew is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CashmoneyDrew is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CashmoneyDrew is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CashmoneyDrew is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CashmoneyDrew is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CashmoneyDrew is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CashmoneyDrew is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CashmoneyDrew is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CashmoneyDrew is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

It wasn't lazy, and it wasn't dirty. Geez, some of you guys...
Old 10-28-2012, 01:51 PM    (permalink
PossibleCabbage
Pro Bowler

PossibleCabbage is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PossibleCabbage is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PossibleCabbage is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PossibleCabbage is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PossibleCabbage is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PossibleCabbage is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PossibleCabbage is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PossibleCabbage is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PossibleCabbage is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PossibleCabbage is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PossibleCabbage is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I'm pretty sure nobody feels worse about Lattimore's injury (including Lattimore himself) than the guy who hurt him.

Things on the football field happen fast, you don't have time to decide "I'm going to dive at his knees, maybe knock him out of the game" (or not to do that.)

Also, holy h-scroll. You want to crop that image VUBlacknGold?
Old 10-28-2012, 01:51 PM    (permalink
VUBlacknGold
Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by CashmoneyDrew View Post
It wasn't lazy, and it wasn't dirty. Geez, some of you guys...
Never said it was dirty, just implied i dont like those tackles at all.

I Bleed Black and Gold
Old 10-28-2012, 02:13 PM    (permalink
Cigaro
All-NFLDC

Location: Two-thirds of the Earth is covered by water, the other one-third is covered by Luke Kuechly
Cigaro is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Cigaro is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Cigaro is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Cigaro is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Cigaro is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Cigaro is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Cigaro is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Cigaro is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Cigaro is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Cigaro is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Cigaro is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Spurrier reporting that he dislocated his knee and the injury is not career-ending.

http://espn.go.com/college-football/...-spurrier-says

Sig by Matthew Jones
Cigaro is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-28-2012, 02:29 PM    (permalink
villagewarrior
Pro Bowler

villagewarrior is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.villagewarrior is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.villagewarrior is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.villagewarrior is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.villagewarrior is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.villagewarrior is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.villagewarrior is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.villagewarrior is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.villagewarrior is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.villagewarrior is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.villagewarrior is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cigaro View Post
Spurrier reporting that he dislocated his knee and the injury is not career-ending.

That's good news then. The injury looked much much worse than that.
villagewarrior is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-28-2012, 02:52 PM    (permalink
ryno626
Rookie

ryno626 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ryno626 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ryno626 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ryno626 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ryno626 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ryno626 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ryno626 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ryno626 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ryno626 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ryno626 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ryno626 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I've always wondered who pays the medical bills for injuries in college. Does the university pay for surgery/rehab/PT or does it come out of the pocket of the player?
Old 10-28-2012, 03:16 PM    (permalink
PossibleCabbage
Pro Bowler

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cigaro View Post

It's key to say that Spurier said "dislocation" not "only a dislocation". Generally you tear something when you dislocate any part of your knee.

But it's good that the outlook is not though to be career ending at this point. Modern medicine is really quite amazing at fixing this sort of thing compared to even 20 years ago.
Old 10-28-2012, 03:26 PM    (permalink
TitanHope
Website Contributor
All-NFLDC

TitanHope is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitanHope is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitanHope is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitanHope is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitanHope is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitanHope is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitanHope is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitanHope is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitanHope is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitanHope is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitanHope is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by ryno626 View Post
I've always wondered who pays the medical bills for injuries in college. Does the university pay for surgery/rehab/PT or does it come out of the pocket of the player?
It would be provided by the university, considering the injury took place during a game.

Great news about Lattimore.

[@TDWinstead]
Quote:
Originally Posted by MichaelJordanEberle (sabf) View Post
Damn Ke$ha is sexy.
TitanHope is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-28-2012, 03:31 PM    (permalink
Don Vito
Team Leader
All-Pro

Don Vito is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Don Vito is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Don Vito is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Don Vito is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Don Vito is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Don Vito is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Don Vito is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Don Vito is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Don Vito is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Don Vito is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Don Vito is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Consider me kind of lost but what is the good news? I thought he broke his femur and tore every ligament in his knee or was that incorrect? I would love to see him find a way back but I've never seen an injury like that. First things first I hope he recovers and is able to live normally, if he could come back and maybe play again that would just be awesome.

Feed Moncrief
Don Vito is offline   Reply With Quote