Draft Countdown Forums

Go Back   Draft Countdown Forums > The Locker Room > Off Topic

Off Topic Almost Anything Goes

Old 10-26-2012, 01:07 PM    (permalink
WMD
Suck it Metsox
Legend

WMD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.WMD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.WMD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.WMD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.WMD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.WMD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.WMD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.WMD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.WMD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.WMD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.WMD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

A CM Punk/Rock match doesn't need the title to have appeal. I know there have been plans, but whatever. They booked themselves into a corner with the HIAC PPV.

Normally you'd just expect Ryback to win via DQ or have some type of screwy ending but you can't really do that in the HIAC.. I guess Punk could get out of the Cell somehow and run away or something along those lines.. but having that type of finish in the Main Event wouldn't be so good, and Ryback should not be pinned.

I just think they should go all the way with Ryback now. I know it's not Punk's fault, but the ratings are in the pooper right now. They should just take a shot at it. He's already got the John Cena Seal of Approval, and I'm sure Cena will be the first to legitimately beat Ryback (respectfully, of course).

WMD is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 10-26-2012, 01:16 PM    (permalink
Brodeur
Brother Mouzone
Legend

Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

But if you build him as a guy who has an unstoppable winning streak, he is going to be ****** by the stigma of it. Goldberg was getting backlash for his before he lost to Nash (just listen to how the crowd went nuts when Nash finally beat him), and he wasn't really the same when he lost it. He needs to lose to affirm that he can be a top guy with having a few losses on him.

RIP TheManInBlack
Brodeur is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-26-2012, 01:17 PM    (permalink
Bert Macklin
All-Pro

Bert Macklin is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bert Macklin is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bert Macklin is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bert Macklin is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bert Macklin is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bert Macklin is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bert Macklin is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bert Macklin is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bert Macklin is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bert Macklin is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bert Macklin is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Brodeur View Post
But if you build him as a guy who has an unstoppable winning streak, he is going to be ****** by the stigma of it. Goldberg was getting backlash for his before he lost to Nash (just listen to how the crowd went nuts when Nash finally beat him), and he wasn't really the same when he lost it. He needs to lose to affirm that he can be a top guy with having a few losses on him.
just not do what they did with Tensai. "He can't be beat!" then loses like 8 in a row.
Bert Macklin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-26-2012, 01:29 PM    (permalink
OSUGiants17
All-NFLDC

Location: Richard Sherman: Trolling uptight white people since 2011
OSUGiants17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.OSUGiants17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.OSUGiants17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.OSUGiants17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.OSUGiants17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.OSUGiants17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.OSUGiants17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.OSUGiants17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.OSUGiants17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.OSUGiants17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.OSUGiants17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Just have Lesnar interfere, destroy Ryback and have Punk get the pin. That perfectly sets up a SS match of either Team Cena/Ryback vs Team Punk/Lesnar as a 5v5 or 2v2 or you get 2 good singles matches out of it. Ryback vs Lesnar could be a very interesting feud. You could also turn it into Heyman vs Vince. Have team Cena/Ryback consist of them, HHH, Vince and maybe The Rock and boom! INSTANT PPV BUYS! Team Heyman could be Punk, Lesnar maybe Big Show and some other heels.

Last edited by OSUGiants17 : 10-26-2012 at 01:31 PM.
OSUGiants17 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-26-2012, 01:31 PM    (permalink
LTgiants
All-NFLDC

LTgiants is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LTgiants is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LTgiants is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LTgiants is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LTgiants is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LTgiants is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LTgiants is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LTgiants is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LTgiants is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LTgiants is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LTgiants is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

How is that a interesting feud when neither man can speak for themselves?
Old 10-26-2012, 01:35 PM    (permalink
bearsfan_51
The Professor (Hall of Famer)
Legend

bearsfan_51 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bearsfan_51 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bearsfan_51 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bearsfan_51 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bearsfan_51 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bearsfan_51 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bearsfan_51 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bearsfan_51 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bearsfan_51 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bearsfan_51 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bearsfan_51 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by LTgiants View Post
How is that a interesting feud when neither man can speak for themselves?
I don't like Rybak, at all. I think he speaks to the lowest common denominator of wrestling fans (which, unfortunately, is probably still the majority of them).

That said, you don't need to have great mic work to tell a good story, as much as it can help.

Nobody cares about your stupid fantasy team.
bearsfan_51 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-26-2012, 10:55 PM    (permalink
PACKmanN
All-Pro

PACKmanN is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PACKmanN is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PACKmanN is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PACKmanN is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PACKmanN is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PACKmanN is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PACKmanN is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PACKmanN is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PACKmanN is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PACKmanN is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PACKmanN is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by bearsfan_51 View Post
I don't like Rybak, at all. I think he speaks to the lowest common denominator of wrestling fans (which, unfortunately, is probably still the majority of them).

That said, you don't need to have great mic work to tell a good story, as much as it can help.
The late 90s were built on punchlines and catchphrases
Old 10-26-2012, 11:52 PM    (permalink
Bert Macklin
All-Pro

Bert Macklin is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bert Macklin is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bert Macklin is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bert Macklin is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bert Macklin is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bert Macklin is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bert Macklin is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bert Macklin is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bert Macklin is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bert Macklin is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bert Macklin is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Best video ever 1:08 I lose it every time.

Bert Macklin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-27-2012, 11:19 AM    (permalink
bearsfan_51
Legend

bearsfan_51 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bearsfan_51 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bearsfan_51 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bearsfan_51 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bearsfan_51 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bearsfan_51 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bearsfan_51 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bearsfan_51 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bearsfan_51 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bearsfan_51 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bearsfan_51 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by PACKmanN View Post
The late 90s were built on punchlines and catchphrases
I'm not sure what you were responding to in my post, but in my opinion, that was an incredibly overrated time in wrestling. I've already stated that I find the Rock about as interesting as a sack of hammers. He was funny for about 2 years, tops.

Old 10-27-2012, 11:40 AM    (permalink
WMD
Suck it Metsox
Legend

WMD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.WMD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.WMD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.WMD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.WMD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.WMD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.WMD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.WMD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.WMD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.WMD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.WMD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I wasn't really a big fan of The Rock as a face. Pretty much all of his heel stuff was awesome though.

WMD is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 10-27-2012, 11:41 AM    (permalink
bearsfan_51
Legend

If you mean original heel Rock in the corporation I agree. His later Hollywood persona was boring and cliche to me.

Old 10-27-2012, 11:42 AM    (permalink
Brodeur
Brother Mouzone
Legend

Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
If you mean original heel Rock in the corporation I agree. His later Hollywood persona was boring and cliche to me.
Whaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaat. How can you hate Hollywood Rock?

RIP TheManInBlack
Old 10-27-2012, 11:45 AM    (permalink
bearsfan_51
Legend

I already told you in my post, dear Brody. Although I didn't hate the character, I just don't think it was worth getting that excited about.

Old 10-27-2012, 01:18 PM    (permalink
jballa838
Team Leader
All-Pro

jballa838 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jballa838 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jballa838 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jballa838 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jballa838 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jballa838 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jballa838 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jballa838 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jballa838 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jballa838 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jballa838 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

With BF51 on this. The Rock is one of the most overrated wrestlers of all time. And also, the "Attitude Era" really wasn't as good as it is spoken of. That's just me though.

On the other hand, the British Bulldog is criminally underrated.

Quote:
Originally Posted by slightlyabroncosfan View Post
JBalla is mormon, so naturally he assumes that whenever you get one marriage done, another two or five are in the works.

jballa838 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-27-2012, 01:28 PM    (permalink
Brodeur
Brother Mouzone
Legend

I think Bulldog's overrated as ****, really. He's nowhere close to being on Bret or Owen's level, and everybody talks about how he should have had a title run (he shouldn't have).

RIP TheManInBlack
Old 10-27-2012, 01:45 PM    (permalink
BigDawg819
All-NFLDC

BigDawg819 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BigDawg819 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BigDawg819 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BigDawg819 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BigDawg819 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BigDawg819 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BigDawg819 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BigDawg819 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BigDawg819 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BigDawg819 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BigDawg819 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
I think Bulldog's overrated as ****, really. He's nowhere close to being on Bret or Owen's level, and everybody talks about how he should have had a title run (he shouldn't have).
The British Bulldog was only relevant because of his wife allowing him to pseudo-Hart Family.

There I said it so we can now all breathe easier.

Magical sig by OSUGiants

SSAEL....... its a new revolution!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Job View Post
On another note, Nicklas Backstrom is amazingly good.
Quote:
Meanwhile, in hockey the other night, the Washington Capitals' Eric Belanger gets hit with a stick, loses EIGHT teeth, has an instant root canal in the locker room, comes back out and PLAYS and never says boo.

So new rule, NBA: Unless you have a root canal at halftime, SHUT UP AND PLAY!
BigDawg819 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-27-2012, 01:48 PM    (permalink
jballa838
Team Leader
All-Pro

jballa838 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jballa838 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jballa838 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jballa838 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jballa838 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jballa838 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jballa838 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jballa838 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jballa838 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jballa838 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jballa838 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
We must be in different circles. He's not on the same level as Owen or Bret, but most people aren't. If people are saying he should they are nuts. Looking at his career, had he not have been busted for HGH he probably would have got a run in 93 or 94 which wouldn't have been bad.

Quote:
JBalla is mormon, so naturally he assumes that whenever you get one marriage done, another two or five are in the works.

Old 10-28-2012, 12:57 PM    (permalink
comahan
Pillow Hat Pal
All-NFLDC

comahan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.comahan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.comahan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.comahan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.comahan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.comahan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.comahan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.comahan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.comahan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.comahan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.comahan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Put together a list of my 30 favorite matches from 1994-2012 for another board, figured I'd post it here as well. Feel free to **** all over it!

Video Games - Anime - Comics - Cosplay - etc

A site dedicated to giving support and exposure to female
geeks and gamers, while also providing a community for
people of all genders to hang out and discuss their
favorite nerd past-times without needing to worry about or
deal with the prejudice and mistreatment that's so common online.

Last edited by comahan : 10-28-2012 at 03:36 PM.
comahan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-28-2012, 02:56 PM    (permalink
Nalej
All-Pro

Nalej is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Nalej is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Nalej is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Nalej is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Nalej is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Nalej is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Nalej is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Nalej is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Nalej is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Nalej is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Nalej is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Hey guys, did Stone Cold come back and fight The Best In The World?
What happened with that? I don't really keep up with WWE but I did when Stone Cold was in his prime and I got excited when I saw him talking ****

Nalej is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-28-2012, 03:00 PM    (permalink
jballa838
Team Leader
All-Pro

No Michaels-Jericho? I really enjoyed that one. You had some ROH, and I think these would have made your cut on a bigger list: Punk-Aries, Joe-Aries, Danielson-Morishima, Danielson-Nigel, Punk-Joe, Ladder War I, or Steen-Generico.

Agree with #1 though. That match is absolutely incredible.

Quote:

Old 10-28-2012, 03:03 PM    (permalink
Splat
Legend

Splat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Splat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Splat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Splat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Splat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Splat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Splat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Splat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Splat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Splat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Splat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nalej View Post
Hey guys, did Stone Cold come back and fight The Best In The World?
What happened with that? I don't really keep up with WWE but I did when Stone Cold was in his prime and I got excited when I saw him talking ****
No that hasn't happened just rumors of it happening at WM.
Old 10-28-2012, 03:12 PM    (permalink
comahan
Pillow Hat Pal
All-NFLDC

comahan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.comahan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.comahan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.comahan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.comahan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.comahan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.comahan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.comahan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.comahan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.comahan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.comahan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by jballa838 View Post
No Michaels-Jericho? I really enjoyed that one. You had some ROH, and I think these would have made your cut on a bigger list: Punk-Aries, Joe-Aries, Danielson-Morishima, Danielson-Nigel, Punk-Joe, Ladder War I, or Steen-Generico.

Agree with #1 though. That match is absolutely incredible.
Michaels/Jericho @ WM19, Danielson/McGuinness @ Unified, Punk/Joe @ All Star Extravaganza, and Steen/Generico @ Final Battle were all really close. Especially Steen/Generico. Great matches!

Old 10-28-2012, 03:13 PM    (permalink
bearsfan_51
Legend

Your list doesn't have the 1992 Royal Rumble, so it sucks.

Hate hate hate

Old 10-28-2012, 03:21 PM    (permalink
Brodeur
Brother Mouzone
Legend

I prefer the Michaels/Jericho Unsanction and Ladder matches to their 'Mania one. The story for those two was just stronger for me.

RIP TheManInBlack
Old 10-28-2012, 03:23 PM    (permalink
comahan
Pillow Hat Pal
All-NFLDC

Quote:
Your list doesn't have the 1992 Royal Rumble, so it sucks.

Hate hate hate
1992 is before 1994 :)