Draft Countdown Forums

Go Back   Draft Countdown Forums > Draft Countdown Forums > Team Boards > Dallas Cowboys Team Forum

Dallas Cowboys Team Forum Discuss America's Team - How 'bout dem Cowboys!

Old 10-26-2012, 08:19 PM    (permalink
Witten4HOF
Veteran

Witten4HOF is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Witten4HOF is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Witten4HOF is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Witten4HOF is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Witten4HOF is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Witten4HOF is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Witten4HOF is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Witten4HOF is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Witten4HOF is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Witten4HOF is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Witten4HOF is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

My major issue is that he was already had sub par speed for the position who knows what he will look like after recovering from an Achilles ? Coverage hasn't taken a significant hit with McCray filling in, why not wait until the offseason to see how he looks after a years worth of experience?

Hopefully we are all wrong and we nurse him back into the swing safety roll and let him own the sub packages. I still think using him as a coverage linebacker is how I liked him used the most.
Witten4HOF is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-26-2012, 09:21 PM    (permalink
LonghornsLegend
Legend

LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I was excited to see what we had in Church this year, and while he started off looking pretty solid, I have no clue why we pay some players way before we need to *Yes Orlando Scandrick I'm talking to you* Neither of these players are guys who were going to play themselves into a higher bracket of money where it wouldn't be worth waiting it out.

Waiting for us to take an early Safety is like waiting on us to draft a true NT.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Scott Wright View Post
I guarantee that if someone picks Cam Newton in the Top 5 they will regret it.
LonghornsLegend is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-27-2012, 06:43 AM    (permalink
FreshBoy!
Veteran

FreshBoy! is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.FreshBoy! is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.FreshBoy! is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.FreshBoy! is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.FreshBoy! is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.FreshBoy! is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.FreshBoy! is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.FreshBoy! is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.FreshBoy! is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.FreshBoy! is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.FreshBoy! is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by D-Unit View Post
Why would you say that?

Claiborne & Carter(everyone wondered WTF when we drafted him), Connor being the highest paid LB'er and playing special teams are all proof enough for me. I think the days of drafting for need are done. BPA on the draft board is what I think we'll see, competition for PT in the summer, and the best player plays...regardless of contract.

While JG's playcalling, clock management, and in game decisions have been head scratching...The only thing that gives me hope in him is that he's been able to draft, and talks about the best player playing. No more favorites or "legacy starts". Just hope he can master the on field coaching aspect.

Again, I just don't see the Cowboys saying "Heyyy we got Barry Church locked up, let's not draft this franchise changing safety"

Seems more like a covering your bases signing, so they're not pressed into drafting for need.

Last edited by FreshBoy! : 10-27-2012 at 06:46 AM.
FreshBoy! is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-27-2012, 08:11 AM    (permalink
Trogdor
Pro Bowler

Trogdor is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Trogdor is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Trogdor is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Trogdor is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Trogdor is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Trogdor is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Trogdor is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Trogdor is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Trogdor is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Trogdor is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Trogdor is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

With that contract he could be a core special teamer with sub-packages. Back away from the ledge people. We already know Rob likes mixed looks (3 safeties anyone?) and playing Church at linebacker was one of his ace in the hole cards.
Trogdor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-27-2012, 08:11 AM    (permalink
FreshBoy!
Veteran

FreshBoy! is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.FreshBoy! is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.FreshBoy! is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.FreshBoy! is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.FreshBoy! is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.FreshBoy! is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.FreshBoy! is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.FreshBoy! is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.FreshBoy! is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.FreshBoy! is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.FreshBoy! is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Really good article on Spencer and the day he had against the Panthers.

http://www.foxsportssouthwest.com/10...79&feedID=3799

Quote:
Originally Posted by Trogdor View Post
With that contract he could be a core special teamer with sub-packages. Back away from the ledge people. We already know Rob likes mixed looks (3 safeties anyone?) and playing Church at linebacker was one of his ace in the hole cards.
Yep.
Again, recent history shows that they're looking for quality depth, and are willing to draft BPA. Just seems like there's a lot of hoopla about a very cheap signing...

Last edited by FreshBoy! : 10-27-2012 at 08:14 AM.
FreshBoy! is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-27-2012, 11:02 AM    (permalink
D-Unit
DC Administrator
Legend

D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Let's not overreact by the reaction either. A little head scratching doesn't mean we're ready to commit suicide.

Again, the timing of this is odd. McCray has stepped in nicely for Church. Arguably better? The case could be made. Was there another team in the NFL that we were outbidding or did we just do that against ourselves? I lean on the latter.

Hopefully, this doesn't mean we're done addressing the Safety position. I for one would like a ballhawking Safety to help this D create turnovers (a real weakness for us for years now).
D-Unit is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-27-2012, 11:18 AM    (permalink
D-Unit
DC Administrator
Legend

D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by FreshBoy! View Post
Claiborne & Carter(everyone wondered WTF when we drafted him), Connor being the highest paid LB'er and playing special teams are all proof enough for me. I think the days of drafting for need are done. BPA on the draft board is what I think we'll see, competition for PT in the summer, and the best player plays...regardless of contract.

While JG's playcalling, clock management, and in game decisions have been head scratching...The only thing that gives me hope in him is that he's been able to draft, and talks about the best player playing. No more favorites or "legacy starts". Just hope he can master the on field coaching aspect.

Again, I just don't see the Cowboys saying "Heyyy we got Barry Church locked up, let's not draft this franchise changing safety"

Seems more like a covering your bases signing, so they're not pressed into drafting for need.
That's what I'm hoping. Either way, this safety class is deep and we can still play it smart. I want to make sure we're strong in the trenches coming out of next offseason.

That said... as for your other point about simply drafting BPA irregardless of need, I don't think you can go that far. Claiborne can certainly be perceived as addressing a need. Yes, we added Carr but opposite of him... we only had Jenkins (who was oft-injured and a soon to be FA already complaining about a new contract). The intent for Scandrick was to keep him in the slot. The surprise factor was that it showed us that the team wasn't gonna simply rely on Jenkins. As fans we had a sense of safetiness with the thought of Carr and Jenkins and that was enough for us. So that was the reason for the shock and awe. Apparently inside the front office, CB was still a definite need. Carter was a definite need as well. The surprise was that he was mostly thought of as a 4-3 LB type. But ILB was definitely a need position.
Old 10-28-2012, 03:43 PM    (permalink
Trogdor
Pro Bowler

Trogdor is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Trogdor is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Trogdor is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Trogdor is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Trogdor is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Trogdor is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Trogdor is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Trogdor is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Trogdor is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Trogdor is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Trogdor is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Same ol Dez. Run a post! So he runs until the cut and jogs. 10 cent head on a HOF skillset.
Old 10-28-2012, 03:50 PM    (permalink
D-Unit
DC Administrator
Legend

Well that's what we wanted Romo to do more... Play action, take a shot deep.
Old 10-28-2012, 03:50 PM    (permalink
D-Unit
DC Administrator
Legend

...and down goes Ware.
Old 10-28-2012, 03:58 PM    (permalink
Trogdor
Pro Bowler

Establish the run THEN playaction. No Murray means 6 or7 in the box. We are going to lose big if we play like this. Good kickoff return!?!
Old 10-28-2012, 04:05 PM    (permalink
E-Man
Pro Bowler

E-Man is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.E-Man is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.E-Man is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.E-Man is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.E-Man is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.E-Man is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.E-Man is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.E-Man is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.E-Man is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.E-Man is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.E-Man is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

This is absolutely disgusting. I'm sick of seeing this ****.

Da riddum is too much for you.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5nKx27QrgO0
E-Man is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-28-2012, 04:06 PM    (permalink
Trogdor
Pro Bowler

Get him off the field. I don't care if he plays another snap. He does not look mentally prepared. He needs an offseason with Jerry Rice.

Last edited by Trogdor : 10-28-2012 at 04:09 PM.
Old 10-28-2012, 04:08 PM    (permalink
E-Man
Pro Bowler

E-Man is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.E-Man is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.E-Man is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.E-Man is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.E-Man is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.E-Man is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.E-Man is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.E-Man is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.E-Man is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.E-Man is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.E-Man is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

You can hear how frustrated Troy is with how inept the Cowboys have been for so long.

Old 10-28-2012, 04:16 PM    (permalink
Im_a_Romosexual
Pro Bowler

Im_a_Romosexual is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Im_a_Romosexual is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Im_a_Romosexual is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Im_a_Romosexual is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Im_a_Romosexual is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Im_a_Romosexual is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Im_a_Romosexual is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Im_a_Romosexual is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Im_a_Romosexual is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Im_a_Romosexual is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Im_a_Romosexual is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

we are atrocious
Im_a_Romosexual is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-28-2012, 04:16 PM    (permalink
Trogdor
Pro Bowler

First time in years I've turned off a Cowboys game. Ready for the draft.
Old 10-28-2012, 04:31 PM    (permalink
E-Man
Pro Bowler

Why the hell didn't Garrett go for it on 4th and 3 when they're down that much? He's just a bad coach. Week in and week out he makes bad decisions, and the team's lack of urgency is the same with him.

Old 10-28-2012, 04:59 PM    (permalink
J-Mike88
All-Pro

J-Mike88 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.J-Mike88 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.J-Mike88 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.J-Mike88 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.J-Mike88 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.J-Mike88 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.J-Mike88 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.J-Mike88 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.J-Mike88 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.J-Mike88 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.J-Mike88 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

You have to catch that punt you idiot.... it rolled 20 yards and took 10 seconds off the clock.
J-Mike88 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-28-2012, 05:03 PM    (permalink
J-Mike88
All-Pro

J-Mike88 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.J-Mike88 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.J-Mike88 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.J-Mike88 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.J-Mike88 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.J-Mike88 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.J-Mike88 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.J-Mike88 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.J-Mike88 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.J-Mike88 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.J-Mike88 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Same ol Dez. Run a post! So he runs until the cut and jogs. 10 cent head on a HOF skillset.
You hit it on the head there.

If I was running the show, I would trade Dez to Cleveland, Miami (where he will run into more off-field trouble than anywhere), NYJ (ditto), or Kansas City.

Get the best deal you can for him.

You'd be getting addition by subtraction, like you thought you'd get when you let TO go.

Like Jermichael Finley for us, sometimes a guy's head just outweighs the ability and you get better by cutting your losses.

Finley (LOL at my username whoops) doesn't fit in with our locker room (as evidenced by the 2010 title run without him). I think Romo would be better with Laurent Robinson instead of Dez. You need 4 reliable WRs.

Romo has been let down by his receivers today so far obviously, but he also has looked like dogschit too of course.....
Old 10-28-2012, 05:13 PM    (permalink
D-Unit
DC Administrator
Legend

I'm very proud of our defense. They give me hope.
Old 10-28-2012, 05:15 PM    (permalink
D-Unit
DC Administrator
Legend

That'd a boy Dez.. Hands! Use them. There's a case of Romo trusting his receiver to beat coverage. Dez had good coverage by Webster there.
Old 10-28-2012, 05:22 PM    (permalink
D-Unit
DC Administrator
Legend

HERE WE GO BABY!!!!

Romo makes us frustrated... but we can't complain about his feet. LOL.
Old 10-28-2012, 05:24 PM    (permalink
J-Mike88
All-Pro

Quote:
HERE WE GO BABY!!!!

Romo makes us frustrated... but we can't complain about his feet. LOL.
I have Dallas +1 as the 5th of a 5-team Parlay today, $50 to win $1058 on Bovada.

Get some turnovers on Eli dammit!
Old 10-28-2012, 05:25 PM    (permalink
J-Mike88
All-Pro

Quote:
I'm very proud of our defense. They give me hope.
2 Great CB's, that's for sure.
Ware needs to step up and take over. We've seen it before at times.
This final 20 minutes, he needs to show it. Ratliff too. Get to Eli.
Old 10-28-2012, 05:28 PM    (permalink
D-Unit
DC Administrator
Legend

BRANDON CARR IN SHUTDOWN MODE. Whop!