Draft Countdown Forums

Go Back   Draft Countdown Forums > Draft Countdown Forums > Team Boards > New England Patriots Team Forum

New England Patriots Team Forum Discuss the Pats

Old 10-28-2012, 03:20 PM    (permalink
Don Vito
Team Leader
All-Pro

Don Vito is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Don Vito is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Don Vito is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Don Vito is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Don Vito is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Don Vito is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Don Vito is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Don Vito is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Don Vito is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Don Vito is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Don Vito is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Gronk is looking like the Gronk of 2011

Feed Moncrief
Don Vito is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-28-2012, 03:24 PM    (permalink
Nalej
All-Pro

Nalej is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Nalej is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Nalej is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Nalej is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Nalej is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Nalej is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Nalej is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Nalej is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Nalej is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Nalej is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Nalej is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

So the network switched to the Jax/GB game midway through the 3rd due to the game not being competitive.
I saw the D got two INTs. How did Dennard look? Pash rush?
I know the D was playing with a big lead but you know... I like to know :)

Nalej is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-28-2012, 03:29 PM    (permalink
descendency
All-Pro

descendency is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.descendency is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.descendency is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.descendency is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.descendency is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.descendency is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.descendency is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.descendency is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.descendency is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.descendency is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.descendency is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

So far, every time I run before the game, the game and the run go the same way. Today's was very good (cut 3 minutes off my best time today)
Old 10-28-2012, 03:33 PM    (permalink
Don Vito
Team Leader
All-Pro

Don Vito is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Don Vito is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Don Vito is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Don Vito is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Don Vito is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Don Vito is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Don Vito is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Don Vito is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Don Vito is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Don Vito is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Don Vito is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Dennard had a pick. Tavon Wilson got burned on a play that was identical to the Sidney Rice TD, bit inside and let Givens get over the top. We were in zone and he was back there one on one again.

Feed Moncrief
Old 10-28-2012, 05:29 PM    (permalink
cmarq83
Pro Bowler

cmarq83 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.cmarq83 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.cmarq83 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.cmarq83 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.cmarq83 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.cmarq83 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.cmarq83 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.cmarq83 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.cmarq83 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.cmarq83 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.cmarq83 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Awesome game today. That's how the offense is supposed to play!
cmarq83 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-28-2012, 05:30 PM    (permalink
Jvig43
Icon

Jvig43 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jvig43 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jvig43 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jvig43 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jvig43 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jvig43 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jvig43 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jvig43 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jvig43 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jvig43 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jvig43 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Once again, due to traveling I missed the game. Any stand out points to be made aware of, good or bad? I see that Gronk beasted it today.

Quote:
Originally Posted by WMD View Post
Jesse realizing Walt was Santa Claus could really shake things up.
Quote:
Originally Posted by gpngc View Post
I don't know how old you are, but if you can get to 24/25 without getting arrested or killed, you've done well for yourself lol.
Jvig43 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-28-2012, 05:34 PM    (permalink
Matthew Jones
All-NFLDC

Matthew Jones is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Matthew Jones is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Matthew Jones is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Matthew Jones is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Matthew Jones is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Matthew Jones is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Matthew Jones is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Matthew Jones is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Matthew Jones is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Matthew Jones is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Matthew Jones is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jvig43 View Post
Once again, due to traveling I missed the game. Any stand out points to be made aware of, good or bad? I see that Gronk beasted it today.
Here's what stood out to me:

http://www.nepatriotsdraft.com/2012/...7-blowout.html
Old 10-28-2012, 05:42 PM    (permalink
Jvig43
Icon

Jvig43 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jvig43 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jvig43 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jvig43 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jvig43 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jvig43 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jvig43 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jvig43 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jvig43 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jvig43 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jvig43 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Thanks Matt. Sounds like we have some momentum to build off of heading into the bye week, we seriously need it after some of these losses this year. Glad to hear we were more aggressive in the front 7 for once as well, sounds like it worked.

Quote:
Quote:
I don't know how old you are, but if you can get to 24/25 without getting arrested or killed, you've done well for yourself lol.
Old 10-28-2012, 05:55 PM    (permalink
Matthew Jones
All-NFLDC

Matthew Jones is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Matthew Jones is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Matthew Jones is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Matthew Jones is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Matthew Jones is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Matthew Jones is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Matthew Jones is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Matthew Jones is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Matthew Jones is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Matthew Jones is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Matthew Jones is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jvig43 View Post
Thanks Matt. Sounds like we have some momentum to build off of heading into the bye week, we seriously need it after some of these losses this year. Glad to hear we were more aggressive in the front 7 for once as well, sounds like it worked.
The game was certainly encouraging, and the bye week appears timely considering all of New England's injured players:

RB Brandon Bolden
WR Julian Edelman
WR Brandon Lloyd
WR Wes Welker (tweaked ankle?)
TE Rob Gronkowski
TE Aaron Hernandez
OT Sebastian Vollmer
OG Logan Mankins
OG Nick McDonald
DT Ron Brace (re-injured today)
DT Kyle Love
DE Trevor Scott
WB Jerod Mayo
WB Tracy White
SB Dont'a Hightower
CB Kyle Arrington (injured today)
CB Marquice Cole (injured today)
CB Sterling Moore
FS Steve Gregory
SS Patrick Chung

The Patriots may be wise to sign another defensive back or two over the bye week as well; we were close to seeing Julian Edelman out there today.
Old 10-29-2012, 05:05 AM    (permalink
descendency
All-Pro

descendency is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.descendency is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.descendency is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.descendency is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.descendency is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.descendency is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.descendency is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.descendency is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.descendency is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.descendency is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.descendency is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Wow. The next game is at home against the Bills, after the bye...

I wonder how many records will be set in that game.
Old 10-29-2012, 07:42 AM    (permalink
Jvig43
Icon

If Ive learned anything about this team this year, its be careful how you set your expectations. I doubt we'll set any records haha.

Quote:
Quote:
Old 10-29-2012, 03:03 PM    (permalink
UKfan
All-Pro

UKfan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.UKfan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.UKfan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.UKfan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.UKfan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.UKfan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.UKfan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.UKfan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.UKfan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.UKfan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.UKfan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Just got back after attending the game yesterday and was very impressed with the Pats (as a Colts fan that is hard to say, but true nonetheless). Stevan Ridley ran very well and I was extremely impressed with him. Obviously Gronk was Gronk and I thought your O-line had a good game in general as well (I used to play LT so I was interested in that aspect a lot).

Defensively obviously the Rams didn't achieve much, but Bradford was 14 of 16 for a while and it seemed for a time you were struggling to create pressure. Your run D until the end of the game looked very stout though.

Even though it was a Rams "home" game, it is definitely fair to say the Pats were the better supported team by far by the crowd and all those Gronk jerseys I saw dotted around (outnumbering Brady comfortably!) went home happy.

XBox 360 Gamertag: Bunj1986
UKfan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-01-2012, 03:17 PM    (permalink
AntoinCD
All-Pro

AntoinCD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.AntoinCD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.AntoinCD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.AntoinCD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.AntoinCD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.AntoinCD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.AntoinCD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.AntoinCD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.AntoinCD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.AntoinCD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.AntoinCD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Pats got Aqib Talib!!! Please God let him keep his head on straight and this could be awesome

BoneKrusher killing it with the sig
AntoinCD is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-01-2012, 03:18 PM    (permalink
redbills
Pro Bowler

redbills is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.redbills is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.redbills is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.redbills is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.redbills is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.redbills is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.redbills is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.redbills is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.redbills is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.redbills is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.redbills is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I hate u guys. I bet a million bucks he never gets in trouble in a Pats uni. Smart move by smart team, I bet you guys only gave up like a 5th as well, I hate you guys so much.
redbills is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-01-2012, 03:24 PM    (permalink
Don Vito
Team Leader
All-Pro

Talib I might have just came

Feed Moncrief
Old 11-01-2012, 03:24 PM    (permalink
cmarq83
Pro Bowler

cmarq83 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.cmarq83 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.cmarq83 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.cmarq83 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.cmarq83 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.cmarq83 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.cmarq83 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.cmarq83 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.cmarq83 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.cmarq83 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.cmarq83 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

So much win. Somebody who might actually be able to cover. Sure he'll get in trouble, but maybe for a few of games he'll be alright. It'll still be the best we've had in 2 years.
Old 11-01-2012, 03:31 PM    (permalink
Legacy
Veteran

Legacy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Legacy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Legacy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Legacy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Legacy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Legacy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Legacy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Legacy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Legacy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Legacy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Legacy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by cmarq83 View Post
Somebody who might actually be able to cover.
Go watch the highlights from the Bucs-Giants game and you might feel differently.

Talib gets torched for a huge gain at least once, but usually twice, a week.
Old 11-01-2012, 03:31 PM    (permalink
AntoinCD
All-Pro

AntoinCD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.AntoinCD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.AntoinCD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.AntoinCD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.AntoinCD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.AntoinCD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.AntoinCD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.AntoinCD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.AntoinCD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.AntoinCD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.AntoinCD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
So much win. Somebody who might actually be able to cover. Sure he'll get in trouble, but maybe for a few of games he'll be alright. It'll still be the best we've had in 2 years.
Now we can agree that the Pats definitely have at least one player good enough to cover lol...you know as long as he isn't suspended again

BoneKrusher killing it with the sig
AntoinCD is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-01-2012, 03:33 PM    (permalink
cmarq83
Pro Bowler

Quote:
Originally Posted by Legacy View Post
Go watch the highlights from the Bucs-Giants game and you might feel differently.

Talib gets torched for a huge gain at least once, but usually twice, a week.
Even if that's true he immediately becomes our best secondary player. Watch Kyle Arrington and you'll know what I mean.
Old 11-01-2012, 03:39 PM    (permalink
Legacy
Veteran

Legacy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Legacy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Legacy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Legacy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Legacy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Legacy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Legacy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Legacy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Legacy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Legacy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Legacy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Even if that's true he immediately becomes our best secondary player. Watch Kyle Arrington and you'll know what I mean.
I've seen him play because I watch the Pats play just about every chance I get. Unlike most of the NFL's fanbase, I actually like the Pats a bit, because almost all of my family is either from Massachusetts or lived there for a significant period of time.

I guess we'll have to agree to disagree that adding a player from the NFL's 31st ranked pass defense is going to improve your secondary, though. Talib's problem on the field is that he gambles far too much. This occasionally results in a big play, but more often than not it results in him getting burned.

EDIT: Almost forgot, Arrington spent a year or two on the Bucs, too, so I definitely have seen him play. I'm not entirely sure why he's struggling in New England, but he always looked pretty decent in the preseason for the Bucs.

Last edited by Legacy : 11-01-2012 at 03:42 PM.
Legacy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-01-2012, 06:01 PM    (permalink
Babylon
Legend

Babylon is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Babylon is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Babylon is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Babylon is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Babylon is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Babylon is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Babylon is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Babylon is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Babylon is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Babylon is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Babylon is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Don Vito View Post
Talib I might have just came
I wouldn't go that far but i did feel something move. I'm starting to see some end game here with this secondary. I think they're going to surprise us.
Babylon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-01-2012, 06:03 PM    (permalink
Jvig43
Icon

Hey you know what, i don't even ******* care if he isn't an amazing DB or just good. Anything is better than the **** we have starting at the position as of yesterday. And only for a fourth? Thank you.

Quote:
Quote:
Old 11-01-2012, 06:50 PM    (permalink
descendency
All-Pro

I think I might be among the few Patriots fans that don't like this trade.
Old 11-01-2012, 08:44 PM    (permalink
polska78
Rookie

polska78 hopes to escalate quickly but not get out of hand.

What kind of compensation do you think the Pats will get if he walks after the season? I imagine Talib would net a 5th or 6th rd compensatory pick as well as the 7th they received from the Bucs if he sigs elsewhere. That compensatory pick would be 2014 though, correct?

Tampa is probably one of a handful of teams that has a worse, consistent pash rush then the Pats so Talib may benefit a bit playing behind this front 7. If nothing else he'll fit in with what we have but occasionally make a play.

Last edited by polska78 : 11-01-2012 at 08:47 PM.
polska78 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-01-2012, 08:44 PM    (permalink
Razor
Pro Bowler

Razor is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Razor is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Razor is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Razor is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Razor is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Razor is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Razor is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Razor is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Razor is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Razor is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Razor is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by descendency View Post
I think I might be among the few Patriots fans that don't like this trade.
I'm not sold on it either... I think we gave up too much for him

Quote:
Originally Posted by ElectricEye View Post
I'm a whiny little kunt. Feel sorry for me as I go masturbate to a picture of my mom dressed as a teletubby.
Razor is offline   Reply With Quote