Draft Countdown Forums

Go Back   Draft Countdown Forums > Draft Countdown Forums > Team Boards > New York Jets Team Forum

New York Jets Team Forum Discuss the J-E-T-S

Old 10-25-2012, 12:54 PM    (permalink
YotoJets007
Pro Bowler

YotoJets007 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.YotoJets007 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.YotoJets007 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.YotoJets007 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.YotoJets007 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.YotoJets007 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.YotoJets007 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.YotoJets007 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.YotoJets007 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.YotoJets007 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.YotoJets007 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Yeah, I saw that article. It is difficult to determine after one game. It could be because of Patriots being pass first offense that counting on TE and slot heavily. Scott obviously could not cover anyone.

Hopefully, this ratio does not change for next 5 games or the rest of the season.
YotoJets007 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-25-2012, 08:37 PM    (permalink
gpngc
All-NFLDC

gpngc is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.gpngc is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.gpngc is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.gpngc is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.gpngc is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.gpngc is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.gpngc is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.gpngc is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.gpngc is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.gpngc is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.gpngc is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Scott sucks at this point. Play Davis.

I hope the Jets destroy Miami this week.
gpngc is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 10-28-2012, 09:25 AM    (permalink
josh07039
Pro Bowler

Location: "Im against Picketing, but I don't know how to show it"-Mitch Hedberg
josh07039 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.josh07039 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.josh07039 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.josh07039 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.josh07039 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.josh07039 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.josh07039 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.josh07039 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.josh07039 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.josh07039 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.josh07039 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I just want to see the ball in the hands of Hayden Smith. Aussie Aussie Aussie.
Old 10-28-2012, 11:19 AM    (permalink
YotoJets007
Pro Bowler

YotoJets007 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.YotoJets007 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.YotoJets007 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.YotoJets007 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.YotoJets007 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.YotoJets007 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.YotoJets007 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.YotoJets007 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.YotoJets007 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.YotoJets007 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.YotoJets007 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Bart Scott is inactive today so the ratio is postponed.
Old 10-28-2012, 05:20 PM    (permalink
YotoJets007
Pro Bowler

Game streaming online sucked and I actually bothered to watch the game. What a letdown!!
Old 10-28-2012, 07:49 PM    (permalink
derza222
All-Pro

derza222 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.derza222 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.derza222 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.derza222 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.derza222 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.derza222 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.derza222 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.derza222 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.derza222 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.derza222 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.derza222 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Interesting schedule the rest of the season. Games against the Seahawks and Cardinals will be going against young QB's which should be good matchups for the defense, but also against very good defenses. Offense should struggle to move the ball, but hopefully the defense can keep them in the game. Not likely wins, but winnable games.

Then games against the Rams and Jaguars feature young QB's again and struggling teams, though the Rams have been better than the Jags. Neither offense is particularly prolific, both teams have okay defenses. Probably coinflips, maybe slightly better odds than that.

The Titans, Bills, and even Chargers seems to be very up and down teams. Obviously the Chargers have the most dangerous QB of the group, but the Titans and Bills have RB's the Jets won't match up well with at all. Depends what team shows up but if the Jets unravel like it seems they might those could be tough.

Then the Pats are obviously going to be tough.
derza222 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-28-2012, 07:55 PM    (permalink
gpngc
All-NFLDC

gpngc is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.gpngc is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.gpngc is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.gpngc is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.gpngc is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.gpngc is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.gpngc is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.gpngc is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.gpngc is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.gpngc is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.gpngc is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Derza I don't understand the timing of that post.

We should be talking about firing Mr. T and Rex and getting rid of Sanchez right now. Not analyzing the schedule...
Old 10-28-2012, 08:02 PM    (permalink
Hurricanes25
All-Pro

Hurricanes25 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hurricanes25 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hurricanes25 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hurricanes25 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hurricanes25 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hurricanes25 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hurricanes25 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hurricanes25 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hurricanes25 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hurricanes25 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hurricanes25 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Why not analyze the schedule though? The AFC wildcard picture is wide open right now and 9 wins, hell, maybe 8 wins can get a spot. As bad as the Jets are, we're still not out of it. Chances are we don't make the playoffs but our schedule is not that difficult from here on out.

Sig by BoneKrusher
Hurricanes25 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-28-2012, 08:22 PM    (permalink
YotoJets007
Pro Bowler

Getting rid of T, Rex and Sanchez will not make any difference this season.

Schedule of the rest seems favorable to Jets but we need to have more than that since I highly doubt that Jets are ahead of several teams that have the same record as Jets.
Old 10-28-2012, 09:01 PM    (permalink
Old School
Rookie

Old School is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Old School is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Old School is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Old School is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Old School is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Old School is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Old School is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Old School is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Old School is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Old School is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Old School is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Thoughts on the trade deadline:

Rumors are flying around that S. Jackson or D. Bowe could be had for a 3rd round pick. Either of these make sense for the Jets? Does anyone think they'd at least look at Bowe.

My thoughts are, no on Jackson, but Bowe sure would help us. I understand the ups and downs with Bowe in KC, but he can dominate games when he gets his game going. A 3rd round pick is never a guarantee to pan out, and Bowe is a proven NFL player.

On another note, couldn't have been more disappointed by today's game against Miami. Not sure adding Bowe and Jackson could save us.
Old School is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-28-2012, 09:04 PM    (permalink
josh07039
Pro Bowler

Location: "Im against Picketing, but I don't know how to show it"-Mitch Hedberg
josh07039 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.josh07039 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.josh07039 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.josh07039 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.josh07039 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.josh07039 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.josh07039 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.josh07039 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.josh07039 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.josh07039 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.josh07039 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Old School View Post
Thoughts on the trade deadline:

Rumors are flying around that S. Jackson or D. Bowe could be had for a 3rd round pick. Either of these make sense for the Jets? Does anyone think they'd at least look at Bowe.

My thoughts are, no on Jackson, but Bowe sure would help us. I understand the ups and downs with Bowe in KC, but he can dominate games when he gets his game going. A 3rd round pick is never a guarantee to pan out, and Bowe is a proven NFL player.

On another note, couldn't have been more disappointed by today's game against Miami. Not sure adding Bowe and Jackson could save us.
Dont talk about Jackson at all. Bowe is a beast, but i dont think he would make a difference. No more shortcuts.
Old 10-28-2012, 09:16 PM    (permalink
Old School
Rookie

Old School is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Old School is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Old School is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Old School is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Old School is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Old School is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Old School is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Old School is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Old School is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Old School is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Old School is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by josh07039 View Post
Dont talk about Jackson at all. Bowe is a beast, but i dont think he would make a difference. No more shortcuts.

I understand the whole, "No more shortcuts" idea. But truth is that we need a huge overhaul on offense and it is difficult to draft immediate impact offensive players through a draft. Agreed that Jackson would not be an option. Just throwing out the big names floating around at the deadline, as possibilities to the most inept offensive unit in the NFL.
Old 10-28-2012, 10:35 PM    (permalink
Hurricanes25
All-Pro

Hurricanes25 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hurricanes25 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hurricanes25 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hurricanes25 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hurricanes25 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hurricanes25 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hurricanes25 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hurricanes25 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hurricanes25 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hurricanes25 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hurricanes25 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

If we make a trade for Bowe, we're gonna have to pay him at the end of the year. It's something I'd rather not do.

Sig by BoneKrusher
Old 10-29-2012, 07:43 AM    (permalink
derza222
All-Pro

derza222 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.derza222 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.derza222 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.derza222 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.derza222 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.derza222 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.derza222 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.derza222 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.derza222 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.derza222 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.derza222 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Point of analying the schedule was to see where the team goes given we're halfway through the season. Plus it's a bye week. Obviously the team looked absolutely terrible and the last 8 games are going to make a big impact on what happens this offseason. If they lose 6-8 games we're looking at a chance for a QB or another elite player, if they end up somewhere between 3-5 and 5-3 then they're kind of in no man's land, and if they win 6 or more then there's potential for playoffs. Not that I think they'll make the playoffs, but I also kind of hope they don't land in no mans land either with a mid first round pick and no cap space. Just delays the rebuilding process that quite clearly needs to happen.
Old 10-29-2012, 10:27 AM    (permalink
YotoJets007
Pro Bowler

Jackson won't survive behind the Jets OL. Bowe won't do anything special with Sanchez under helm. I don't see Jets should waste draft pick on either.

Jets won't be in rebuilding process no matter what.
Old 10-29-2012, 04:12 PM    (permalink
gpngc
All-NFLDC

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hurricanes25 View Post
Why not analyze the schedule though? The AFC wildcard picture is wide open right now and 9 wins, hell, maybe 8 wins can get a spot. As bad as the Jets are, we're still not out of it. Chances are we don't make the playoffs but our schedule is not that difficult from here on out.
I don't disagree with any of this but I think the state of the franchise going forward is a more important discussion point than if they can sneak into the playoffs with a lameduck GM, HC, and QB...

I root for the Jets but not primarily so I guess I'm being unfair because I don't really get that upset when they lose.

But I wonder who's gonna get axed and when. As an observer, I think they all should.
Old 10-29-2012, 05:05 PM    (permalink
derza222
All-Pro

Quote:
Originally Posted by gpngc View Post
I don't disagree with any of this but I think the state of the franchise going forward is a more important discussion point than if they can sneak into the playoffs with a lameduck GM, HC, and QB...

I root for the Jets but not primarily so I guess I'm being unfair because I don't really get that upset when they lose.

But I wonder who's gonna get axed and when. As an observer, I think they all should.
Ah see, you misinterpreted me. I'd love to see the Jets sneak into the playoffs and win the Super Bowl. Unfortunately that's not going to happen. So I was more wondering if they're going to lose enough games so that people start to get axed and they can get a new quarterback.
Old 10-30-2012, 01:00 PM    (permalink
Hurricanes25
All-Pro

I think I misinterpreted you, Derza, and gpngc was responding to me. Why am i being so optimistic? haha

Sig by BoneKrusher
Old 10-30-2012, 05:12 PM    (permalink
Old School
Rookie

Quote:
If we make a trade for Bowe, we're gonna have to pay him at the end of the year. It's something I'd rather not do.

True, wasn't giving that much thought. Just a frustrated fan, grasping for something. Doubt any kind of trade will happen for the Jets. Haven't heard any rumors involving them, except for the media pushing the whole "Tebow Trade Talk". That wouldn't make any sense either.

Are any of you ready for the Jets to throw Tebow in to see what happens?
Old 10-30-2012, 05:22 PM    (permalink
derza222
All-Pro

Quote:
I think I misinterpreted you, Derza, and gpngc was responding to me. Why am i being so optimistic? haha
You're being optimistic and I'm being reactionary. The truth is probably in the middle haha. My issues are that I'm not sure the team overall is good enough to overcome the issues at QB, Rex seems like he's just given up and isn't the same guy who came in, and Tannenbaum just isn't a good enough talent evaluator to be a GM. He should stick to cap stuff.
Old 10-30-2012, 10:43 PM    (permalink
YotoJets007
Pro Bowler

Quote:
Originally Posted by derza222 View Post
You're being optimistic and I'm being reactionary. The truth is probably in the middle haha. My issues are that I'm not sure the team overall is good enough to overcome the issues at QB, Rex seems like he's just given up and isn't the same guy who came in, and Tannenbaum just isn't a good enough talent evaluator to be a GM. He should stick to cap stuff.

I pick up those adjective words.

Tannenbaum's draft philosophy and loyalty are the reasons why Jets are struggling. Talent evaluator is overrated for GM because success of players' talent always belongs to coaches.
Old 11-01-2012, 11:13 AM    (permalink
YotoJets007
Pro Bowler

After Steve Spurrier's comment about Alabama can beat NFL teams, I am wondering about Jets can't beat Crimson Tide.
Old 11-01-2012, 12:39 PM    (permalink
Hurricanes25
All-Pro

Quote:
Originally Posted by YotoJets007 View Post
After Steve Spurrier's comment about Alabama can beat NFL teams, I am wondering about Jets can't beat Crimson Tide.
Alabama wouldn't beat the Jaguars. The Jets would have no problem with the Crimson Tide.

Sig by BoneKrusher
Old 11-01-2012, 01:34 PM    (permalink
Thecollegedropout
Pro Bowler

Thecollegedropout is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Thecollegedropout is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Thecollegedropout is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Thecollegedropout is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Thecollegedropout is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Thecollegedropout is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Thecollegedropout is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Thecollegedropout is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Thecollegedropout is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Thecollegedropout is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Thecollegedropout is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Alabama wouldn't beat the Jaguars. The Jets would have no problem with the Crimson Tide.
Greg McElroy might rat out our offensive plans :(

Then again I think the Bama defense can stop this Jet offense regardless.
Thecollegedropout is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-11-2012, 05:44 PM    (permalink
TimD
All-Pro

TimD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TimD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TimD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TimD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TimD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TimD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TimD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TimD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TimD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TimD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TimD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

This season is another nightmare.
TimD is offline   Reply With Quote