Draft Countdown Forums

Go Back   Draft Countdown Forums > Draft Countdown Forums > Pro Football

Pro Football Discuss professional football.

Old 10-29-2012, 01:12 AM    (permalink
bigbuc
Veteran

bigbuc is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbuc is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbuc is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbuc is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbuc is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbuc is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbuc is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbuc is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbuc is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbuc is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbuc is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.
Default So who will be the new head coach of the Cowboys and Eagles?

The name that I see both going for is Jon Gruden. Both have QB's that are playing poorly. Both have big time players on offense that Gruden would look for and both have the money to pay the man.
bigbuc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-29-2012, 01:13 AM    (permalink
D-Unit
DC Administrator
Legend

D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I would donate money to the Cowboys if they would hire Gruden. lol

Garrett isn't going anywhere because Jerry is going to be overly patient with him.
D-Unit is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-29-2012, 01:15 AM    (permalink
Ness
Icon

Ness is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ness is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ness is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ness is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ness is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ness is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ness is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ness is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ness is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ness is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ness is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Right, but does Gruden want to come back? That's the ticket. He's a popular selection and I think he would be an upgrade over Garrett...but ehh...would he really be the savior? I don't know. I heard a while back if there is a job he's waiting on, it's San Diego. I think that would be a much better place. Especially since you don't have to deal with the Dallas media drama.

"Every light must fade, every heart return to darkness!"
-San Francisco 49ers: Five Time Super Bowl Champions-
Quote:
Originally Posted by Borat View Post
Oh, my bad. Didn't realize SWDC was the pinnacle of class and grace.
Ness is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-29-2012, 01:24 AM    (permalink
Docta
Veteran

Docta is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Docta is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Docta is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Docta is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Docta is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Docta is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Docta is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Docta is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Docta is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Docta is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Docta is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Jon Gruden? Are you guys high? He won the SB at Tampa, because he inherited Dungy's players. The team got worse as the years went along.
Old 10-29-2012, 01:28 AM    (permalink
Ness
Icon

Ness is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ness is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ness is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ness is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ness is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ness is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ness is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ness is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ness is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ness is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ness is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Docta View Post
Jon Gruden? Are you guys high? He won the SB at Tampa, because he inherited Dungy's players. The team got worse as the years went along.
Well he also built Oakland into a good contender for a few seasons, and when he left they fell apart after a year.

As for Dungry, if Gruden doesn't come over I don't know if they win that Super Bowl. According to Sapp they were missing a lot of intensity that Dungy couldn't provide and Gruden really challenged the defense. But whatever, I kind of take that with a grain of salt. Perhaps that was the year they just happened to win it.

He's a good coach, I just don't know if he would be my first choice. He's had a real issue developing younger quarterbacks when he was a coach. There is nothing wrong with a veteran of course, but as a fan you usually know what you're getting with a Brad Johnson of Jeff Garcia. Not sure if he could work another miracle like he did with Gannon.

"Every light must fade, every heart return to darkness!"
-San Francisco 49ers: Five Time Super Bowl Champions-
Quote:
Originally Posted by Borat View Post
Oh, my bad. Didn't realize SWDC was the pinnacle of class and grace.
Ness is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-29-2012, 08:29 AM    (permalink
bucfan12
Pro Bowler

bucfan12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bucfan12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bucfan12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bucfan12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bucfan12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bucfan12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bucfan12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bucfan12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bucfan12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bucfan12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bucfan12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Gruden is a good coach especially for a veteran team like Philly. But with hiring Gruden he'll want full control and see in Tampa he isn't very good in scouting and decision making in terms of adding talent through the draft.
bucfan12 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-29-2012, 08:33 AM    (permalink
TheFinisher
Pro Bowler

TheFinisher is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TheFinisher is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TheFinisher is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TheFinisher is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TheFinisher is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TheFinisher is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TheFinisher is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TheFinisher is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TheFinisher is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TheFinisher is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TheFinisher is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Jerry Jones has been grooming Garrett to be his long term head coach, he's not going to pull the plug after 2 seasons. It will take Jerry swallowing some humble pie for him to dump Garrett, and there's no way a man with his ego will be willing to do that. He's convinced Garrett is his Tom Landry.

Garrett, at the minimum, will be given another year.

Last edited by TheFinisher : 10-29-2012 at 08:37 AM.
TheFinisher is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-29-2012, 08:39 AM    (permalink
bucfan12
Pro Bowler

bucfan12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bucfan12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bucfan12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bucfan12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bucfan12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bucfan12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bucfan12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bucfan12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bucfan12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bucfan12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bucfan12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheFinisher View Post
Jerry Jones has been grooming Garrett to be his long term head coach, he's not going to pull the plug after 2 seasons. It will take Jerry swallowing some humble pie for him to dump Garrett, and there's no way a man with his ego will be willing to do that. He's convinced Garrett is his Tom Landry.

Garrett, at the minimum, will be given another year.
I think Jerry needs to swallow his pride and cut/trade Romo.
Old 10-29-2012, 08:46 AM    (permalink
LonghornsLegend
Legend

LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by bucfan12 View Post
Yea definately let's just outright cut him. That'll certainly help the team I'd love to upgrade the QB position too, but let's think logically not like a video game. You don't just outright cut him without some sort of back-up plan. So instead of losing games at the end of regulation we would just get floored for 4 full quarters, sounds like a winning recipe.

Regardless it won't matter who the QB is if JG is here next year, but I'm of the opinion I'd love to take a QB in the 1st to groom behind Romo. Then you have yourself some options at least. It's getting old to hear people say "just cut Romo" though, you don't cut your clear cut best QB on the roster and get worse at the position just for sake of change.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Scott Wright View Post
I guarantee that if someone picks Cam Newton in the Top 5 they will regret it.
LonghornsLegend is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-29-2012, 08:47 AM    (permalink
TheFinisher
Pro Bowler

TheFinisher is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TheFinisher is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TheFinisher is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TheFinisher is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TheFinisher is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TheFinisher is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TheFinisher is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TheFinisher is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TheFinisher is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TheFinisher is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TheFinisher is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Oh I think they need to blow the whole thing up this off-season, been saying it since we started 1-7 in 2010 when Wade got canned.

But, they won't... Jerry will ride Romo and Garrett with blind faith until the wheels fall off.
TheFinisher is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-29-2012, 09:38 AM    (permalink
bucfan12
Pro Bowler

Quote:
Originally Posted by LonghornsLegend View Post
Yea definately let's just outright cut him. That'll certainly help the team I'd love to upgrade the QB position too, but let's think logically not like a video game. You don't just outright cut him without some sort of back-up plan. So instead of losing games at the end of regulation we would just get floored for 4 full quarters, sounds like a winning recipe.

Regardless it won't matter who the QB is if JG is here next year, but I'm of the opinion I'd love to take a QB in the 1st to groom behind Romo. Then you have yourself some options at least. It's getting old to hear people say "just cut Romo" though, you don't cut your clear cut best QB on the roster and get worse at the position just for sake of change.
Obviously not now. I meant in the offseason.
Old 10-29-2012, 09:54 AM    (permalink
LonghornsLegend
Legend

LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Obviously not now. I meant in the offseason.
Which is fine, but you have to have some sort of plan. You can't just cut him and keep chugging a long. Now if you trade up in the 1st for a QB, or have a guy in the 2nd or 3rd round your really high on then fine, make that move. But you just can't blindly do it. I get that his mistakes are the most glaring but everyone ignores the fact that half the time he throws the ball to someone and it results in an INT, the WR is on the sideline trying to figure out what route should have been ran, what the hot route should have been, where he should have been lined up, etc.

How often has that happened with Jason Witten? He was targeted 22 times yesterday, that's because he's always where he should be. Im pretty sure that if WR's aren't where they are supposed to be then they still won't be where they should be with a new QB.

It's also gotta be fun playing QB when your RB is Felix Jones and you need 4 new starters on the offensive line. Felix Jones is easily 1 of the most worthless, useless players in the entire NFL, but for some reason we won't let go that he was a 1st round pick so we keep trotting him out there. The whole offense is different with Demarco Murray in. I'm definately on board with a new HC which probably won't happen, and even a new QB, but we need to keep in mind we have far more issues then just QB, it's just the easiest to blame.

Quote:
Old 10-29-2012, 10:07 AM    (permalink
NY+Giants=NYG
All-Pro

NY+Giants=NYG is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.NY+Giants=NYG is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.NY+Giants=NYG is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.NY+Giants=NYG is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.NY+Giants=NYG is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.NY+Giants=NYG is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.NY+Giants=NYG is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.NY+Giants=NYG is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.NY+Giants=NYG is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.NY+Giants=NYG is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.NY+Giants=NYG is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by D-Unit View Post
I would donate money to the Cowboys if they would hire Gruden. lol

Garrett isn't going anywhere because Jerry is going to be overly patient with him.
He is not going anywhere because of the family relations which I know personally. It would take a lot for Jerrah to fire Garrett.
NY+Giants=NYG is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-29-2012, 10:15 AM    (permalink
PoopSandwich
All-Pro

PoopSandwich is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PoopSandwich is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PoopSandwich is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PoopSandwich is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PoopSandwich is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PoopSandwich is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PoopSandwich is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PoopSandwich is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PoopSandwich is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PoopSandwich is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PoopSandwich is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

What about dem Chargers

"If something happens, and it's the Cleveland Browns, I'm going to pour my heart out for the Dawg Pound and try to win a Super Bowl for Cleveland," he said. "I don't care if they've had 20 starting quarterbacks since 1999. I'm going to be the 21st and the guy that brought them the Super Bowl." - JFF
PoopSandwich is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-29-2012, 10:37 AM    (permalink
princefielder28
Legend

princefielder28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.princefielder28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.princefielder28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.princefielder28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.princefielder28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.princefielder28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.princefielder28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.princefielder28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.princefielder28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.princefielder28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.princefielder28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Mike Holmgren to Dallas

Follow me on Twitter! http://twitter.com/#!/aMo_Captain
princefielder28 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-29-2012, 11:09 AM    (permalink
Shane P. Hallam
SWDC Mafia
Legend

Shane P. Hallam is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Shane P. Hallam is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Shane P. Hallam is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Shane P. Hallam is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Shane P. Hallam is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Shane P. Hallam is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Shane P. Hallam is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Shane P. Hallam is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Shane P. Hallam is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Shane P. Hallam is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Shane P. Hallam is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by NY+Giants=NYG View Post
He is not going anywhere because of the family relations which I know personally. It would take a lot for Jerrah to fire Garrett.
We'll come back to this later, but I think the Cowboys success and perception would mean more to Jerry Jones.

The name that I could see for either team if they want to make a splash and try a big change is Chip Kelly. Almost took a job last year, and the money could be right for either team to give him a chance.

Follow Me on Twitter!
https://twitter.com/ShanePHallam
Shane P. Hallam is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-29-2012, 12:26 PM    (permalink
D-Unit
DC Administrator
Legend

D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by princefielder28 View Post
Mike Holmgren to Dallas
Don't think he would be willing to work with Jerruh.
Old 10-29-2012, 12:38 PM    (permalink
tjsunstein
Mr. Rodgers' Neighborhood
Icon

tjsunstein is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.tjsunstein is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.tjsunstein is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.tjsunstein is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.tjsunstein is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.tjsunstein is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.tjsunstein is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.tjsunstein is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.tjsunstein is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.tjsunstein is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.tjsunstein is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Chip Kelly, Perry Fewell, Kyle Shanahan, and Ray Horton are all names I expect to get looks before Gruden.

tjsunstein is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-29-2012, 12:44 PM    (permalink
Grizzlegom
Mr. Rogers
All-Pro

Grizzlegom is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Grizzlegom is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Grizzlegom is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Grizzlegom is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Grizzlegom is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Grizzlegom is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Grizzlegom is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Grizzlegom is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Grizzlegom is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Grizzlegom is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Grizzlegom is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Kyle Shanahan won't be taking a head coaching job anytime soon. Shanny Sr basically told Snyder that his son will be his heir apparent in Washington.

sig by BoneKrusher
Grizzlegom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-29-2012, 12:48 PM    (permalink
Matthew Jones
All-NFLDC

Matthew Jones is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Matthew Jones is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Matthew Jones is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Matthew Jones is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Matthew Jones is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Matthew Jones is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Matthew Jones is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Matthew Jones is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Matthew Jones is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Matthew Jones is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Matthew Jones is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

As D-Unit implied, the problem with Dallas' potential coaching vacancy is that Jerry Jones may be stuck with "puppet" candidates who don't mind allowing Jones total control over the roster. Would any established candidate want to take such a job?
Old 10-29-2012, 12:48 PM    (permalink
LonghornsLegend
Legend

Quote:
Originally Posted by Grizzlegom View Post
Kyle Shanahan won't be taking a head coaching job anytime soon. Shanny Sr basically told Snyder that his son will be his heir apparent in Washington.
Not that I want Kyle Shannahan, but this "head coach in waiting" stuff never works out as planned because there are too many things that could chance the landscape to something like this. Unless Shanny has 2 years left of coaching there, I'd consider it basically useless.

Quote:
Old 10-29-2012, 12:54 PM    (permalink
Miaoww
Veteran

Miaoww is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Miaoww is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Miaoww is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Miaoww is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Miaoww is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Miaoww is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Miaoww is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Miaoww is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Miaoww is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Miaoww is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Miaoww is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

More importantly, who will be the new HC of the Carolina Panthers?
Miaoww is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-29-2012, 12:56 PM    (permalink
SolidGold
Pro Bowler

SolidGold is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SolidGold is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SolidGold is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SolidGold is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SolidGold is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SolidGold is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SolidGold is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SolidGold is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SolidGold is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SolidGold is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SolidGold is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Last year everyone was dumping on Kyle Shanahan too...so funny how things change.
SolidGold is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-29-2012, 01:06 PM    (permalink
D-Unit
DC Administrator
Legend

Quote:
Originally Posted by Matthew Jones View Post
As D-Unit implied, the problem with Dallas' potential coaching vacancy is that Jerry Jones may be stuck with "puppet" candidates who don't mind allowing Jones total control over the roster. Would any established candidate want to take such a job?
Depends... would you call Bill Parcells a puppet? I'd be careful of blanket statements like that. Gruden worked for Al Davis...way worse than Jerry.

One thing I don't think public perception follows correctly is that Jerry does what his coaches want as far as shopping for players go. He lets them build their own staffs. Where he will tinkle in are trades (but he doesn't do it without agreement of his HC). He just loves handling the phone calls. Contracts are all pretty much handled by Stephen Jones. The draft is collaborative.

Honestly, I think that if Garrett ever does get fired... the next man in line would be Rob Ryan. Jerry tries as best as he can to keep cohesiveness without starting over from scratch. Rob would be a hell of a general as HC. The Cowboys just need a stronger voice at HC and Rob would do that. Offensively, we just need someone to take over playcalling and game management on offense.... cause Garrett sucks at it.
Old 10-29-2012, 01:07 PM    (permalink
D-Unit
DC Administrator
Legend

Quote:
Originally Posted by SolidGold View Post
Last year everyone was dumping on Kyle Shanahan too...so funny how things change.
So true. He can thank RG3.