Draft Countdown Forums

Go Back   Draft Countdown Forums > Draft Countdown Forums > Team Boards > San Francisco 49ers Team Forum

San Francisco 49ers Team Forum Discuss the 49ers

Closed Thread

Old 10-27-2012, 06:08 PM    (permalink
Borat
All-NFLDC

Borat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Borat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Borat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Borat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Borat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Borat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Borat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Borat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Borat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Borat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Borat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.
Default 2012 49ers Gameday Thread: Week 8: 49ers at Cardinals

Week 8:
Monday, October 29, 2012

San Francisco 49ers (5-2)
at
Arizona Cardinals (4-3)

Time: 5:30 pm pst
Line: SF -7
Announcers: Mike Tirico, Jon Gruden, Lisa Salters

MOOOOOAAAAAAAARRRRRRRRRRR Primetime games. Of course, the Week 8 Gameday thread in the NFL forum will be awful and pathetic, but hey, jealousy can get ugly.

I was hoping we’d get a chance to see the 49ers blow up this guy:

But somebody else already took care of that. Shocking. I thought Kolb was Mr. Durability, until I found out that Mrs. Ochocinco is tougher. Weird.

So, instead we get to see this again:

Remember when the Cardinals were:

Yeah, that was 3 losses ago. We can effectively shutdown the rest of their season with a win here.

I have a crush on these guys:

They’ve been absolutely mauling people in the run game and the pass pro has been great as well.

They’ll have their hands full this week though as they face this:

And this:

Sigh. And this:

I say we just do a bunch of this:

And very little of this:

Because of this:

So, I heard people don’t like our QB. I mean, who wouldn’t LOVE this guy:

Here’s an obligatory pic, because there really is nothing left to say about this guy anymore:

Always a concern. Always scary.

Speaking of scary:

It’s like going to a Raider game

And finally, just cause something similar just happened to me:

Standings:
NFC WEST
1. San Francisco 49ers (5-2)
2. Arizona Cardinals (4-3)
2. Seattle Seahawks (4-3)
4. St. Louis Rams (2-4)

Special Note:
Old 10-27-2012, 06:31 PM    (permalink
Ness
Legend

Ness is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ness is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ness is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ness is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ness is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ness is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ness is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ness is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ness is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ness is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ness is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Damn Niner fans! OMG can't you just leave SWDC alone!?

How much you wanna bet someone else other than a 49ers fan tries to draw up the forum clique/comradery card and tries to start something and then in turn blame the 49ers fans?

A: "Go 49ers! Whoo!"

B: "OMG are we (que for everyone to join the in-crowd) going to have to listen to these kinds of comments for the rest of the year on this message boad!?"

Anyways, I expect this to be another grind it out win. The good thing is that Skelton is starting and probably doesn't have as many reps yet. The offensive line is the worst in the league and maybe Brooks or Smith have a HOF game. Hopefully the offense for the 49ers doesn't do...well, nothing like last time and keep the Cardinals in the game.

"Every light must fade, every heart return to darkness!"
-San Francisco 49ers: Five Time Super Bowl Champions-
Quote:
Originally Posted by Borat View Post
Oh, my bad. Didn't realize SWDC was the pinnacle of class and grace.

Last edited by Ness : 10-27-2012 at 06:43 PM.
Old 10-27-2012, 07:11 PM    (permalink
Menardo75
All-Pro

Menardo75 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Menardo75 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Menardo75 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Menardo75 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Menardo75 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Menardo75 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Menardo75 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Menardo75 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Menardo75 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Menardo75 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Menardo75 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Borat is all that is man the end.
Old 10-27-2012, 11:06 PM    (permalink
49erNation85
All-Pro

49erNation85 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.49erNation85 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.49erNation85 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.49erNation85 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.49erNation85 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.49erNation85 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.49erNation85 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.49erNation85 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.49erNation85 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.49erNation85 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.49erNation85 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Yep can't wait to watch another game and see the team tear the Cards apart.Hopefully we can put this game away by 3rd Qrter or half time.

go 49ers!
Old 10-27-2012, 11:19 PM    (permalink
Ness
Legend

Ness is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ness is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ness is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ness is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ness is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ness is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ness is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ness is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ness is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ness is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ness is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Menardo75 View Post
Borat is all that is man the end.
Ummm...come again?

Quote:
Old 10-28-2012, 02:24 AM    (permalink
dan77733
All-Pro

dan77733 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.dan77733 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.dan77733 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.dan77733 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.dan77733 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.dan77733 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.dan77733 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.dan77733 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.dan77733 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.dan77733 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.dan77733 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Hopefully, we'll escape Arizona with a win and improve to 6-2 going into the bye week. If NE and DET can beat STL and SEA respectively, we'll be three games ahead of both ARZ and SEA with STL pretty much done. Even if STL beats NE, if DET can somehow beat SEA, I'll be an extremely happy camper.

49ers 17
Cardinals 13
Old 10-28-2012, 01:41 PM    (permalink
Brent
TomTom Out
Legend

Brent is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brent is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brent is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brent is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brent is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brent is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brent is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brent is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brent is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brent is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brent is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

ALL OF THE FRANK GORE PHOTOS!

I am going to post so many in the NFL Gameday Thread tomorrow.

Pick the Winners Champion 2008 | 2011
Old 10-29-2012, 01:41 AM    (permalink
Madirishman
Pro Bowler

Madirishman is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Madirishman is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Madirishman is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Madirishman is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Madirishman is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Madirishman is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Madirishman is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Madirishman is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Madirishman is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Madirishman is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Madirishman is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I'll be at this game tomorrow, still enjoying the Giants Championship, raging and looking forward to another division win. This will be my 8th Niners game in 8 season here in AZ. Can't wait!

Three NFC Conference Championship appearances in Harbaugh's First 3 Years
Operation 2014 Super Bowl Champions: In Progress with an amazing looking Draft class

"He who thinks he knows it all has the most to learn"
Old 10-29-2012, 12:27 PM    (permalink
farfromforgotten
Veteran

farfromforgotten is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.farfromforgotten is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.farfromforgotten is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.farfromforgotten is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.farfromforgotten is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.farfromforgotten is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.farfromforgotten is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.farfromforgotten is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.farfromforgotten is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.farfromforgotten is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.farfromforgotten is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Brent View Post

That thread needs moar Goar!
Old 10-29-2012, 02:32 PM    (permalink
abaddon41_80
Pro Bowler

abaddon41_80 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.abaddon41_80 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.abaddon41_80 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.abaddon41_80 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.abaddon41_80 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.abaddon41_80 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.abaddon41_80 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.abaddon41_80 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.abaddon41_80 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.abaddon41_80 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.abaddon41_80 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Brent View Post

Every time someone even mentions Alex Smith in the thread we should all just spam Gore photos. I am gonna bookmark some in my free time before the game to make sure I am prepared
Old 10-29-2012, 03:32 PM    (permalink
dan77733
All-Pro

dan77733 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.dan77733 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.dan77733 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.dan77733 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.dan77733 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.dan77733 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.dan77733 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.dan77733 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.dan77733 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.dan77733 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.dan77733 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Why do you guys even care about what's said in the NFL thread? I barely post in that thread. Just no point and nothing more than a waste of time.

Anyway.....with SEA and STL losing yesterday, we have a huge opportunity to pretty much seal up the division with a win tonight. Halfway through the season at 6-2 going into our bye week will be huge and coming out of the bye, we can finish off the Rams in SF. SEA and ARZ could have losing records going into their bye week respectively. We need to beat the Cardinals tonight and close in on winning the division title for the second year in a row.
Old 10-29-2012, 03:36 PM    (permalink
Ness
Legend

Dan, some of us like to talk about other teams in the NFL besides the 49ers.

Quote:

Last edited by Ness : 10-29-2012 at 03:55 PM.
Old 10-29-2012, 03:50 PM    (permalink
Borat
All-NFLDC

Borat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Borat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Borat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Borat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Borat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Borat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Borat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Borat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Borat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Borat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Borat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I just can't get into this game right now. I'm still on SF Giants high. 0 shitts are being given about anything else at the moment.
Old 10-29-2012, 03:55 PM    (permalink
Ness
Legend

Quote:
I just can't get into this game right now. I'm still on SF Giants high. 0 shitts are being given about anything else at the moment.
Oh **** the Forty Niners are playing tonight. Whoops.

Quote:
Old 10-29-2012, 06:36 PM    (permalink
dan77733
All-Pro

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ness View Post
Dan, some of us like to talk about other teams in the NFL besides the 49ers.
As do I but im not going to waste my time talking to morons who bash the 49ers from top to bottom despite the fact that the majority of them are fans of a team that sucks beyond belief and wishes they had half our team. To me, talking about the 49ers outside of this forum is meaningless and a waste of time.
Old 10-29-2012, 06:38 PM    (permalink
dan77733
All-Pro

I havent been a baseball fan in a LONG time. Honestly, as long as the damn Yankees dont win the WS, im a happy camper.

How can you guys NOT be into tonight's game? I'm so pumped. Have my cold cuts, soda and ice cream all ready to be eaten. :) Hopefully, they play good and win so I can be happy going into the bye week.

49ers!!! 49ers!!! 49ers!!! :) :) :)
Old 10-29-2012, 06:55 PM    (permalink
Ness
Legend

Quote:
Originally Posted by dan77733 View Post
As do I but im not going to waste my time talking to morons who bash the 49ers from top to bottom despite the fact that the majority of them are fans of a team that sucks beyond belief and wishes they had half our team. To me, talking about the 49ers outside of this forum is meaningless and a waste of time.
This might be the best post you've ever made.

Quote:
Old 10-29-2012, 06:57 PM    (permalink
Ness
Legend

Quote:
I havent been a baseball fan in a LONG time. Honestly, as long as the damn Yankees dont win the WS, im a happy camper.

How can you guys NOT be into tonight's game? I'm so pumped. Have my cold cuts, soda and ice cream all ready to be eaten. :) Hopefully, they play good and win so I can be happy going into the bye week.

Well, I will say that the 49ers need this win at this time because the Rams and Seahawks lost yesterday and a victory would give the 49ers some breathing room in the NFC West for the lead. Not only that, it helps keep pace with the top two seeded teams in the NFC. Right now, it's the Bears, Falcons, and Giants.

Quote:
Old 10-29-2012, 07:03 PM    (permalink
Borat
All-NFLDC

Quote:

Quite simply, being an SF Giants fan is exhausting. And because baseball is my first love, and even though I love football too, it's more of a mistress for me while baseball is my wife.

I'm sure I'll be into the game once it starts. But right now, if I'm not thinking about my family or work or something like that, then I'm mentally enjoying the Giants ... and it is glorious.
Old 10-29-2012, 08:09 PM    (permalink
49erNation85
All-Pro

49erNation85 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.49erNation85 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.49erNation85 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.49erNation85 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.49erNation85 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.49erNation85 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.49erNation85 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.49erNation85 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.49erNation85 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.49erNation85 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.49erNation85 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

It is almost game time fellas. Eastern Time zone sucks.Games start so late boo. Vacationing in Orlando Florida right now. Such a nice place Orange Lake Resort is. Almost like a condo.
Old 10-29-2012, 08:10 PM    (permalink
Brent
TomTom Out
Legend

Brent is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brent is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brent is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brent is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brent is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brent is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brent is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brent is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brent is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brent is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brent is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Quite simply, being an SF Giants fan is exhausting. And because baseball is my first love, and even though I love football too, it's more of a mistress for me while baseball is my wife.

I'm sure I'll be into the game once it starts. But right now, if I'm not thinking about my family or work or something like that, then I'm mentally enjoying the Giants ... and it is glorious.
Are you like an older version of my SF sports fanhood? I bleed orange and black (also played club baseball from the moment I could walk till I left HS), but the 49ers are like the 1b to my Giants 1a.

Except the draft. Something about the pageantry surrounding the entire process is enthralling.

Old 10-29-2012, 08:13 PM    (permalink
Ness
Legend

Borat and Brent...long lost bros?

Quote:
Old 10-29-2012, 08:18 PM    (permalink
Brent
TomTom Out
Legend

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ness View Post
Borat and Brent...long lost bros?
Probably, but his hate of anything French suggests that he and I do not share political views. :D

That said, I cannot wait to see The Smiths bury Kolb/Skelton/Whoever-the-hell-their-QB-is

Old 10-29-2012, 08:39 PM    (permalink
phlysac
All-Pro

phlysac is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.phlysac is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.phlysac is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.phlysac is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.phlysac is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.phlysac is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.phlysac is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.phlysac is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.phlysac is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.phlysac is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.phlysac is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

In regards to the Week 8 Discussion Thread

abaddon...

Appreciate the Gore pic but you're doing it wrong if the 1st post from a 49ers' fan mentions Alex Smith.

:P
Old 10-29-2012, 08:42 PM    (permalink
Brent
TomTom Out
Legend

ALL OF THE FRANK GORE PICS

all of them.

Closed Thread