Draft Countdown Forums

Go Back   Draft Countdown Forums > The Locker Room > Off Topic

Off Topic Almost Anything Goes

Old 10-29-2012, 03:41 PM    (permalink
Forenci
Super Monkey Balls
All-Pro

Forenci is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Forenci is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Forenci is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Forenci is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Forenci is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Forenci is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Forenci is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Forenci is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Forenci is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Forenci is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Forenci is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

LG version of the Nexus looks and sounds terrible. I would never buy an LG phone.
Old 10-29-2012, 03:47 PM    (permalink
Raiderz4Life
All-NFLDC

Raiderz4Life is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Raiderz4Life is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Raiderz4Life is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Raiderz4Life is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Raiderz4Life is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Raiderz4Life is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Raiderz4Life is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Raiderz4Life is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Raiderz4Life is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Raiderz4Life is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Raiderz4Life is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I'm eligible for my upgrade Thursday. When are the new Nexus phones supposed to come out? Any new stories on them?

Props to BK for the sig
"Impulsive thinker, compulsive drinker, addict, half animal half man"
Quote:
Originally Posted by njx9 View Post
that's because we're the only animal capable of getting it from other animals. the day a goat can milk cows, it will.
Raiderz4Life is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-29-2012, 03:49 PM    (permalink
Forenci
Super Monkey Balls
All-Pro

Forenci is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Forenci is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Forenci is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Forenci is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Forenci is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Forenci is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Forenci is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Forenci is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Forenci is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Forenci is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Forenci is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Raiderz Fo' Life View Post
I'm eligible for my upgrade Thursday. When are the new Nexus phones supposed to come out? Any new stories on them?
Nope. A lot of people were expecting announcements about them today so I'm not sure..
Old 10-29-2012, 04:13 PM    (permalink
descendency
All-Pro

descendency is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.descendency is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.descendency is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.descendency is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.descendency is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.descendency is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.descendency is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.descendency is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.descendency is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.descendency is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.descendency is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
http://www.theverge.com/2012/10/29/3...e-release-date
Old 10-29-2012, 04:24 PM    (permalink
bigbluedefense
Team Leader
Legend

bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Reasons why my iPhone is better than your Android:

1. iOS. It's just faster. I know android has all the specs, but they don't build their hardware to sink with their software well. That's why the iPhone 5 smoked the s3 in all comparative speed tests. Plus iOS is just so much smoother.

2. Apps. 90% of the extras that android has, I just have to download an app to have it too. Swype keyboard? App. Google maps? App. Turn by turn navigation? App. Flash? App. There are more apps, better apps, and even the common apps are done better. LinkedIn on the iPhone is ten billion times better than Android. eBay app the same, Pandora the same etc. Developers just seem like they put more time into their apple apps.

3. The feel. You won't understand this until you have one. But the feel of the glass/metal build of the iPhone just makes all android phones feel so cheap. The plastic is such a turnoff. It fits right in your hands, it's not huge, and it just feels like a quality phone. It really does make a difference.

4. The whole open source vs closed source argument is stupid. Want open source? Jailbreak your iPhone. Done.

5. Who gives a **** about NFC? It won't be man stream until it comes out on the iPhone anyway. So right now it's kind of pointless. Plus when apple gets it you know it will be much more solid.

6. It's simple. When I take a picture, I just want to snap it. I don't want to go through a whole menu to adjust my settings just to take a picture. The iPhone takes just as good if not better photos with a much more simplistic approach. The whole phone takes a more simplistic approach which is better. KISS. Keep it simple stupid. Engineers know what I'm talking about. A good design is a simple design.

7. Siri is awesome.

8. No more android bugs. You all know what I'm talking about. Don't act stupid.

#iPhoneIn2012
Old 10-29-2012, 04:25 PM    (permalink
Raiderz4Life
All-NFLDC

Raiderz4Life is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Raiderz4Life is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Raiderz4Life is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Raiderz4Life is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Raiderz4Life is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Raiderz4Life is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Raiderz4Life is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Raiderz4Life is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Raiderz4Life is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Raiderz4Life is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Raiderz4Life is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

bbd

Props to BK for the sig
Quote:
that's because we're the only animal capable of getting it from other animals. the day a goat can milk cows, it will.
Old 10-29-2012, 04:26 PM    (permalink
Raiderz4Life
All-NFLDC

Quote:
Originally Posted by descendency View Post
Damn that's that LG fuckery and at $299? They must be out their gtdamn mind.

Props to BK for the sig
Quote:
Old 10-29-2012, 04:28 PM    (permalink
bigbluedefense
Team Leader
Legend

bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Oh and I forgot the most important reason:

Bitches. Bitches love iPhones.

#iPhoneIn2012
Old 10-29-2012, 04:36 PM    (permalink
vikes_28
Resident Ginger
All-Pro

vikes_28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vikes_28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vikes_28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vikes_28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vikes_28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vikes_28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vikes_28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vikes_28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vikes_28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vikes_28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vikes_28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
bbd
seconded.

sig by fenikz
Quote:
Originally Posted by ImBrotherCain View Post
You are just a terrible person.
Quote:
Originally Posted by bigbluedefense View Post
I have an iPhone.
vikes_28 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-29-2012, 04:58 PM    (permalink
slightlyaraiderfan
All-NFLDC

slightlyaraiderfan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.slightlyaraiderfan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.slightlyaraiderfan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.slightlyaraiderfan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.slightlyaraiderfan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.slightlyaraiderfan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.slightlyaraiderfan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.slightlyaraiderfan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.slightlyaraiderfan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.slightlyaraiderfan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.slightlyaraiderfan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

BBD is killing it

#iphonein2012!
Old 10-29-2012, 04:59 PM    (permalink
bigbluedefense
Team Leader
Legend

Quote:
Originally Posted by slightlyaraiderfan View Post
BBD is killing it

#iphonein2012!
Amen brother!

Posted from my iPhone.
Old 10-29-2012, 05:16 PM    (permalink
ImBrotherCain
SWDC Mafia
All-NFLDC

ImBrotherCain is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ImBrotherCain is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ImBrotherCain is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ImBrotherCain is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ImBrotherCain is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ImBrotherCain is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ImBrotherCain is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ImBrotherCain is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ImBrotherCain is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ImBrotherCain is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ImBrotherCain is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

If you think Siri is awesome you need lobotomy or something...

Posted from my Galaxy Nexus

Old 10-29-2012, 05:40 PM    (permalink
brat316
bhaarat316
All-NFLDC

brat316 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.brat316 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.brat316 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.brat316 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.brat316 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.brat316 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.brat316 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.brat316 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.brat316 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.brat316 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.brat316 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

If motorola comes out with Droid Nexus with 4G, everyone should hope on.
Old 10-29-2012, 05:54 PM    (permalink
Raiderz4Life
All-NFLDC

Thought about the Note II but not for $299 either lol

Props to BK for the sig
Quote:
Old 10-29-2012, 06:12 PM    (permalink
Forenci
Super Monkey Balls
All-Pro

Quote:
the fact that the iphone thread is DOA should be telling.
Pretty much this, haha.
Old 10-29-2012, 06:30 PM    (permalink
Brent
TomTom Out
Legend

Brent is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brent is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brent is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brent is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brent is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brent is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brent is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brent is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brent is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brent is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brent is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

OF COURSE they come out with a 10" Nexus after I buy the Nexus 7.

Godfuckingdamnit

Pick the Winners Champion 2008 | 2011
Brent is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-29-2012, 06:32 PM    (permalink
Forenci
Super Monkey Balls
All-Pro

Haha. I still want a Nexus 7. Nexus 10 is too big for me.
Old 10-29-2012, 06:38 PM    (permalink
bigbluedefense
Team Leader
Legend

That's bc we don't need a million updates to fix all our bugs or come out with a new phone every month.

Post sent using my iPhone.
Old 10-29-2012, 07:26 PM    (permalink
killxswitch
Mage Bros
All-Pro

killxswitch is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.killxswitch is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.killxswitch is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.killxswitch is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.killxswitch is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.killxswitch is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.killxswitch is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.killxswitch is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.killxswitch is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.killxswitch is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.killxswitch is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I was not planning to even consider the LG, but it does have some features I'm interested in like wireless charging (though you have to buy the charger separate), the 8MP camera, 2100 mAh battery, IPS LCD screen. And I wonder how long the Galaxy Nexus will continue to receive Android updates.

i done stole dis sig

Last edited by killxswitch : 10-29-2012 at 07:28 PM.
killxswitch is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-29-2012, 07:50 PM    (permalink
Raiderz4Life
All-NFLDC

Quote:
i assume you haven't tried to use your maps to get to jfk yet? because you'll have problems unless you remember to call it idlewild. i've heard rumors that apple maps is also, as yet, incapable of coping with the 'new' major airport in newark, but we can't expect our technology to work at a 1930's level yet. you could always get google maps... oh right, you can't on ios6. on the plus side, Apple Just Works (r), and if the ghost of steve jobs doesn't know how to get you somewhere, then no one does. also, siri does make accessing yelp's horrific reviews easier, so at least it's faster to find incredible pizza places like... subway? ... really siri. subway? ok, well, if you say so.

2+ years? my X is still getting updates when i turn it on.

i refuse to buy a phone with an unchangeable battery, so the lg was out on that alone. i can't find the post here because i'm lazy, but there was some other show stopping 'feature' for me.

on the plus side, it has a glass backing, so... yeah.
No expandable memory card slot.

Props to BK for the sig
Quote:
Old 10-29-2012, 07:52 PM    (permalink
Brent
TomTom Out
Legend

Brent is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brent is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brent is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brent is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brent is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brent is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brent is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brent is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brent is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brent is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brent is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

*****, who uses more than 16gb? cloud your ****.

Old 10-29-2012, 07:56 PM    (permalink
bigbluedefense
Team Leader
Legend

Quote:
i assume you haven't tried to use your maps to get to jfk yet? because you'll have problems unless you remember to call it idlewild. i've heard rumors that apple maps is also, as yet, incapable of coping with the 'new' major airport in newark, but we can't expect our technology to work at a 1930's level yet. you could always get google maps... oh right, you can't on ios6. on the plus side, Apple Just Works (r), and if the ghost of steve jobs doesn't know how to get you somewhere, then no one does. also, siri does make accessing yelp's horrific reviews easier, so at least it's faster to find incredible pizza places like... subway? ... really siri. subway? ok, well, if you say so.

2+ years? my X is still getting updates when i turn it on.

i refuse to buy a phone with an unchangeable battery, so the lg was out on that alone. i can't find the post here because i'm lazy, but there was some other show stopping 'feature' for me.

on the plus side, it has a glass backing, so... yeah.
Not true, I just downloaded google maps 2 days ago. Works fine. The app is called local scope. It uses google maps point of interests and can link that to your nav system you downloaded. And mapquest works just fine on its own anyway. As does Waze. Navigation is not a problem at all.
Old 10-29-2012, 07:56 PM    (permalink
Brent
TomTom Out
Legend

Quote:
anyone who actually leaves the downtown area of their city more than once every three years.
So, you and like ten other people?

Old 10-29-2012, 08:12 PM    (permalink
WCH
Pro Bowler

WCH is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.WCH is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.WCH is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.WCH is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.WCH is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.WCH is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.WCH is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.WCH is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.WCH is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.WCH is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.WCH is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by killxswitch View Post
So the plan was to wait til today and hope for a price drop on the Galaxy Nexus. But instead Google decided to stop selling it on their Play store. Great.

So do I get one on ebay that is "New (Other)" or wait for the LG version of the Nexus that comes out on the 13th?
Haha, I'm in the same boat. In theory, the LG version sounds like a pretty obvious upgrade; but in practice, I don't trust LG.
WCH is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-29-2012, 09:25 PM    (permalink
Forenci
Super Monkey Balls
All-Pro

Quote:
Originally Posted by Brent View Post
So, you and like ten other people?
Haha. I know some people that put a lot of music on their phone, so I assume that is the main reason for it. I can't see how anyone would ever use more than 16 gigs otherwise.

Or if you take a shat ton of high res photos.