Draft Countdown Forums

Go Back   Draft Countdown Forums > Draft Countdown Forums > Team Boards > San Francisco 49ers Team Forum

San Francisco 49ers Team Forum Discuss the 49ers

Closed Thread

Old 10-29-2012, 07:46 PM    (permalink
Borat
All-NFLDC

Borat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Borat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Borat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Borat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Borat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Borat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Borat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Borat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Borat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Borat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Borat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by phlysac View Post
In regards to the Week 8 Discussion Thread

abaddon...

Appreciate the Gore pic but you're doing it wrong if the 1st post from a 49ers' fan mentions Alex Smith.

:P
This is true. Gore pics are better served as responses.

I'm sorry Brian Sabean. I was wrong. I think I might have been right, but you have Scoreboard.
Old 10-29-2012, 07:51 PM    (permalink
Borat
All-NFLDC

Borat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Borat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Borat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Borat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Borat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Borat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Borat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Borat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Borat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Borat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Borat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Brent View Post
Are you like an older version of my SF sports fanhood? I bleed orange and black (also played club baseball from the moment I could walk till I left HS), but the 49ers are like the 1b to my Giants 1a.
If you like the abomination that is the Warriors and if you enjoy losing in the playoffs a lot as a Sharks fan, then ... yes.

I'm sorry Brian Sabean. I was wrong. I think I might have been right, but you have Scoreboard.
Old 10-29-2012, 07:54 PM    (permalink
Brent
TomTom Out
Legend

Brent is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brent is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brent is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brent is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brent is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brent is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brent is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brent is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brent is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brent is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brent is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Borat View Post
If you like the abomination that is the Warriors and if you enjoy losing in the playoffs a lot as a Sharks fan, then ... yes.
Nope. I am a Mavericks fan, but don't care for hockey (Mavs were absolute garbage when I moved here.)

Pick the Winners Champion 2008 | 2011
Old 10-29-2012, 07:59 PM    (permalink
Borat
All-NFLDC

Also, I'm with you on the 1a and 1b stuff. Not sure how the Giants became first, but I think it had to do with the Niners just steamrolling teams so easily and at the same time the Giants would get close but never finish the deal. Also, because baseball is badass if you like to get into all the extended strategy.

Old 10-29-2012, 08:09 PM    (permalink
Brent
TomTom Out
Legend

Brent is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brent is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brent is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brent is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brent is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brent is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brent is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brent is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brent is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brent is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brent is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Also, I'm with you on the 1a and 1b stuff. Not sure how the Giants became first, but I think it had to do with the Niners just steamrolling teams so easily and at the same time the Giants would get close but never finish the deal. Also, because baseball is badass if you like to get into all the extended strategy.
I know most disagree, but I've always felt that baseball was the best sport because it requires more strategy than football :\

Pick the Winners Champion 2008 | 2011
Old 10-29-2012, 08:38 PM    (permalink
49erNation85
All-Pro

49erNation85 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.49erNation85 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.49erNation85 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.49erNation85 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.49erNation85 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.49erNation85 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.49erNation85 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.49erNation85 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.49erNation85 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.49erNation85 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.49erNation85 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

god dam team . throw it deep for the love of god.
Old 10-29-2012, 08:42 PM    (permalink
abaddon41_80
Pro Bowler

abaddon41_80 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.abaddon41_80 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.abaddon41_80 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.abaddon41_80 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.abaddon41_80 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.abaddon41_80 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.abaddon41_80 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.abaddon41_80 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.abaddon41_80 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.abaddon41_80 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.abaddon41_80 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by 49erNation85 View Post
Why do you care so much if a team throws it deep? You do realize that the league average for completion percentage of passes that travel 20+ yards downfield is like 40%, right?
Old 10-29-2012, 08:46 PM    (permalink
Menardo75
All-Pro

Menardo75 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Menardo75 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Menardo75 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Menardo75 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Menardo75 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Menardo75 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Menardo75 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Menardo75 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Menardo75 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Menardo75 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Menardo75 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by abaddon41_80 View Post
Why do you care so much if a team throws it deep? You do realize that the league average for completion percentage of passes that travel 20+ yards downfield is like 40%, right?
He can't spell his own name right give him a break.
Old 10-29-2012, 09:07 PM    (permalink
Ness
Legend

Ness is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ness is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ness is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ness is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ness is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ness is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ness is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ness is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ness is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ness is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ness is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by 49erNation85 View Post
Why? At long as the average is respectable for your quarterback it doesn't matter if you throw deep or not. You're starting to sound like Al Davis and quite frankly it is unsettling.

"Every light must fade, every heart return to darkness!"
-San Francisco 49ers: Five Time Super Bowl Champions-
Quote:
Oh, my bad. Didn't realize SWDC was the pinnacle of class and grace.
Old 10-29-2012, 09:39 PM    (permalink
abaddon41_80
Pro Bowler

abaddon41_80 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.abaddon41_80 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.abaddon41_80 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.abaddon41_80 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.abaddon41_80 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.abaddon41_80 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.abaddon41_80 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.abaddon41_80 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.abaddon41_80 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.abaddon41_80 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.abaddon41_80 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

So maybe Smith's finger injury was legit? The Cardinals are a top five pass defense
Old 10-29-2012, 09:41 PM    (permalink
Menardo75
All-Pro

Menardo75 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Menardo75 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Menardo75 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Menardo75 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Menardo75 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Menardo75 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Menardo75 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Menardo75 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Menardo75 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Menardo75 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Menardo75 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

We've found the defense for Fitzgerald slam his head off the turf.
Old 10-29-2012, 10:31 PM    (permalink
VAfy-ya
Pro Bowler

VAfy-ya is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.VAfy-ya is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.VAfy-ya is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.VAfy-ya is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.VAfy-ya is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.VAfy-ya is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.VAfy-ya is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.VAfy-ya is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.VAfy-ya is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.VAfy-ya is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.VAfy-ya is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Alex played a clean game but my god, he takes way too many sacks that he shouldn't. You know where the blitz coming from, make a sight adjustement hit the hot read, if not throw the ball in the dirt or over everyone's head to the sideline. I see QBs worst than Alex do this every Sunday. I put one sack on Goodwin but the rest you just have to play smarter. But a good win, none the less. Great way to head into the bye.

Oh....and Cully is the tits
Old 10-29-2012, 10:33 PM    (permalink
Borat
All-NFLDC

Quote:
Originally Posted by VAfy-ya View Post
Alex played a clean game but my god, he takes way too many sacks that he shouldn't. You know where the blitz coming from, make a sight adjustement hit the hot read, if not throw the ball in the dirt or over everyone's head to the sideline. I see QBs worst than Alex do this every Sunday. I put one sack on Goodwin but the rest you just have to play smarter. But a good win, none the less. Great way to head into the bye.
But then he won't be 18 of 19 lol.

Old 10-29-2012, 10:36 PM    (permalink
abaddon41_80
Pro Bowler

Quote:

I agree. Two of those sacks he took were stupid. Like I said in the Week eight thread, though, the last one is okay in my book. I would rather punt it away at midfield with a 21-point lead and one of the best punters in the NFL than throw a risky pass. Those two early ones were dumb, though.
Old 10-29-2012, 10:42 PM    (permalink
phlysac
All-Pro

phlysac is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.phlysac is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.phlysac is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.phlysac is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.phlysac is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.phlysac is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.phlysac is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.phlysac is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.phlysac is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.phlysac is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.phlysac is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

"I probably should've had a couple more incompletions. Should've thrown a couple of those away." -Alex Smith.
Old 10-29-2012, 11:24 PM    (permalink
dan77733
All-Pro

dan77733 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.dan77733 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.dan77733 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.dan77733 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.dan77733 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.dan77733 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.dan77733 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.dan77733 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.dan77733 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.dan77733 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.dan77733 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Happy that we not only won but we dominated the Cardinals. Three game lead going into the bye week. Could be 3 1/2 if ARZ and SEA lose this coming Sunday. So happy!!! :)

And thanks for the compliment Ness. Talking about other teams is good but whenever its about the 49ers, its just meaningless.
Old 10-29-2012, 11:32 PM    (permalink
Ness
Legend

Ness is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ness is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ness is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ness is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ness is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ness is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ness is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ness is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ness is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ness is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ness is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:

Maybe he just thinks sacks aren't a big deal?

Quote:
Old 10-29-2012, 11:35 PM    (permalink
Borat
All-NFLDC

It was a pretty flawless game nonetheless.

Old 10-29-2012, 11:36 PM    (permalink
phlysac
All-Pro

phlysac is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.phlysac is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.phlysac is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.phlysac is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.phlysac is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.phlysac is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.phlysac is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.phlysac is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.phlysac is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.phlysac is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.phlysac is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Yeah. That Cards D is legit top-5.
Old 10-29-2012, 11:43 PM    (permalink
Ness
Legend

So glad we got some separation in the NFC West. I was getting worried there for a moment. Of course it's a long season and we have a couple of tough defenses ahead after the bye. The Rams and Bears. Well...the Rams seem to be falling apart, but whatever.

Quote:
Old 10-29-2012, 11:51 PM    (permalink
phlysac
All-Pro

Yep. 49ers fans ruined the gameday thread once again.

I guess it's proof-in-the-pudding that our favorite team can be impressive and it illicits frustration from loose-lipped Non-fans.
Old 10-29-2012, 11:53 PM    (permalink
Ness
Legend

It's okay phlysac. I think Rosebud said he was "cool" with you. Be sure to join the SWDC clique while supplies last!

Quote:
Old 10-29-2012, 11:54 PM    (permalink
phlysac
All-Pro

Quote:
This is true. Gore pics are better served as responses.
We need to be more clever. Clearly. No need to potate.
Old 10-29-2012, 11:54 PM    (permalink
Ness
Legend

I loved the "it doesn't matter if you call him Gore or Smith he's still a mediocre QB comment" that came out of left field. Best comment of the night hands down.

Quote:
Old 10-30-2012, 12:07 AM    (permalink
Borat
All-NFLDC

Quote:
Originally Posted by phlysac View Post
We need to be more clever. Clearly. No need to potate.
We probably shouldn't have discussed it openly in the thread lol.

Closed Thread