Draft Countdown Forums

Go Back   Draft Countdown Forums > Draft Countdown Forums > Pro Football

Pro Football Discuss professional football.

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 10-30-2012, 02:59 AM    (permalink
49ersfan_87
Pro Bowler

49ersfan_87 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.49ersfan_87 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.49ersfan_87 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.49ersfan_87 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.49ersfan_87 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.49ersfan_87 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.49ersfan_87 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.49ersfan_87 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.49ersfan_87 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.49ersfan_87 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.49ersfan_87 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.
Default Teams moving on to new HC's/GM's

Thought i'd compile a list of teams that will likely be firing their HC's and GM's after this year. After going through this list i realize there's likely to be a LOT of turnover. Here's what i see going down

Chiefs- GM Scott Pioli, HC Romeo Crennel

-This one is obvious. Haven't led for 1 second of regulation, going into the year with the QB situation as it was, and Pioli hiring Crennel based off of 3 decent games last year. Total rebuild is on the way in KC.

Panthers- GM Marty Hurney (already fired), HC Ron Rivera

-Hurney's draft classes have struggled to make an impact and he keeps trading future picks away (even their 2013 3rd rounder was traded to the 49ers for a 2012 4th). Rivera shows a lack of leadership, and his teams have lost so many close games. The Bears literally ran the same slant play over and over to drive down the field for a game-winning FG and there's basically a mutiny from Carolina's plays. Rivera is as good as gone.

Chargers- GM AJ Smith, HC Norv Turner

-Long overdue. Both barely kept their jobs last year, the Chargers still look bad and Rivers has regressed. Both are gone.

Jaguars- GM Gene Smith, HC Mike Mularkey

-This team looks bad week in and week out, and so does Gabbert. He has recently put together 2 decent to good games (although he was injured early against Oakland 2 weeks ago). Plain and simple, this Jaguars team may be one of the least talented in the NFL. Mularkey is a retread and gets caught up in the situation.

Titans- HC Mike Munchak

-Don't think their GM is in trouble (is it Ruston Webster or Mike Reinfeldt?). Don't think the Titans have a lot of talent anyways but i think they try to get an offensive HC to work with Jake Locker next year.

Browns- HC Pat Shurmur, GM Tom Heckert

-Ownership change, the team is pathetic every year, and the team president (Holmgren) is already fired. No brainer.

Bills- HC Chan Gailey, GM Buddy Nix

-They haven't taken the next step, no franchise QB, and Mario Williams may be one of the worst FA signings ever. No impact whatsoever.

Jets- GM Mike Tannebaum

-This Jets team has little productive talent, they're overstrapped financially with terrible deals with Holmes and Sanchez, and speaking of Sanchez, he's awful. I like Rex and think he's a good coach but this team has little talent. I think he gets a reprieve.

Eagles- Andy Reid (both HC and effectively GM)

-Reid wears both hats and his time is coming to an end. Just fired his DC and his D responded with their worst effort of the year. He's close to benching Vick. Expectations are high and the Eagles are just too mediocre. Playoffs or he's gone.

So, in summation, that's 9 teams- counting the Eagles, my best guess is 7 teams will totally rebuild with a new GM AND a new HC. Then add in other teams where 1 is likely to be fired while the other saves their job, for at least another year.

Save their job, enter the hot seat next year (no winning season- likely automatic firing) - Jason Garrett in Dallas, Ken Whisenhunt/Rod Graves in Arizona, Leslie Frazier in Minnesota, Pete Carroll in Seattle, Dennis Allen in Oakland (possibly), Marvin Lewis with the Bengals, and Rex Ryan with the Jets.

Thoughts on this list? Do you agree or disagree? Which teams do you think will turn over their FO/Coaching Staff this year?
49ersfan_87 is offline   Reply With Quote