Draft Countdown Forums

Go Back   Draft Countdown Forums > Draft Countdown Forums > Mock Drafts

Mock Drafts A Place to Post and Discuss Your Own Mock Drafts

Old 10-30-2012, 01:52 AM    (permalink
Pat Sims 90
All-Pro

Pat Sims 90 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Pat Sims 90 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Pat Sims 90 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Pat Sims 90 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Pat Sims 90 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Pat Sims 90 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Pat Sims 90 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Pat Sims 90 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Pat Sims 90 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Pat Sims 90 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Pat Sims 90 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Robcards View Post
So do 3-4 OLBs on non-passing situations, that doesn't make them 4-3 LBs.
Well you said he was just a DE. He is clearly a hybrid LB/DE.

If you want to argue you size and say he won't fit in the Bengals scheme. David Pollack was 6-2 250 when drafted and Dontay Moch 6-2 240 at the time they drafted them and both were turned into LB/DE.

Jarvis Jones fit perfectly at what the Bengals do. He plays for Georgia and is a hybrid LB/DE.

RIP themaninblack
Pat Sims 90 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-30-2012, 01:56 AM    (permalink
Bengals78
All-Pro

Bengals78 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bengals78 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bengals78 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bengals78 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bengals78 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bengals78 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bengals78 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bengals78 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bengals78 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bengals78 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bengals78 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pat Sims 90 View Post
Well you said he was just a DE. He is clearly a hybrid LB/DE.

If you want to argue you size and say he won't fit in the Bengals scheme. David Pollack was 6-2 250 when drafted and Dontay Moch 6-2 240 at the time they drafted them and both were turned into LB/DE.

Jarvis Jones fit perfectly at what the Bengals do. He plays for Georgia and is a hybrid LB/DE.
This sounds like a lost cause.

bonekrusher
The Twitters
themaninblack
Bengals78 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-30-2012, 07:16 AM    (permalink
FootballGod
Rookie

FootballGod is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.FootballGod is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.FootballGod is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.FootballGod is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.FootballGod is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.FootballGod is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.FootballGod is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.FootballGod is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.FootballGod is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.FootballGod is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.FootballGod is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bengals78 View Post
Hahaahahahahahahahaahahaha
Pass up the best OLB in the draft (a huge position of need for us none the less) and trade the pick?

Uh. How about no.
This is the most unrealistic trade scenario I could imagine for the Bengals. The Jets would have to give us an additional 1st and 2nd round pick to pass on Jones. I know the OP is a Jets homer but this is egregious!!!

Last edited by FootballGod : 10-30-2012 at 07:20 AM.
FootballGod is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-30-2012, 09:34 AM    (permalink
vidae
SWDC Mafia
Legend

vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
I feel the same way about the Jaguars. Worst team in the league and its not even close. Only reason they have a shot at not having the worst record in the NFL is because they are in the worst division in the NFL.
It isn't close? The Chiefs haven't led a game all year, the only team to do that since 1940. They haven't been competitive in any single game this year (except the Saints game, that they magically won in OT) and the Jags are coming out multiple competitive games in a row, even against the Packers on Sunday.

You're right, it isn't close, but not the way you're leaning.

** RIP themaninblack. You will be missed. **
vidae is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-30-2012, 01:23 PM    (permalink
Robcards
Veteran

Robcards is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Robcards is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Robcards is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Robcards is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Robcards is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Robcards is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Robcards is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Robcards is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Robcards is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Robcards is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Robcards is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by vidae View Post
It isn't close? The Chiefs haven't led a game all year, the only team to do that since 1940. They haven't been competitive in any single game this year (except the Saints game, that they magically won in OT) and the Jags are coming out multiple competitive games in a row, even against the Packers on Sunday.

You're right, it isn't close, but not the way you're leaning.
You're the same guy who argued this same thing last year when chiefs didn't have a win yet right? Remember I said they'd finish with at least 6 wins? Yeah I'm done listening to you. Delusional chiefs fan ftl
Robcards is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-30-2012, 01:25 PM    (permalink
Robcards
Veteran

Robcards is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Robcards is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Robcards is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Robcards is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Robcards is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Robcards is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Robcards is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Robcards is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Robcards is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Robcards is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Robcards is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by FootballGod View Post
This is the most unrealistic trade scenario I could imagine for the Bengals. The Jets would have to give us an additional 1st and 2nd round pick to pass on Jones. I know the OP is a Jets homer but this is egregious!!!
Don't see why the cost would be that much, the cowboys moved from 14 to 6 to get the rams to pass on Claiborne, a position of great need for the rams, for only a mid 2nd round pick. And this is 13 to 7. 1st and 2nd is more than fair...
Old 10-30-2012, 01:25 PM    (permalink
vidae
SWDC Mafia
Legend

vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
You're the same guy who argued this same thing last year when chiefs didn't have a win yet right? Remember I said they'd finish with at least 6 wins? Yeah I'm done listening to you. Delusional chiefs fan ftl
How am I delusional? I'm saying the Chiefs are awful. If anything you're the delusional one here thinking they're not the worst team in the league.

Beeteedubs, nice homer trade. And I'm the delusional one.

Old 10-30-2012, 01:27 PM    (permalink
Robcards
Veteran

Quote:
How am I delusional? I'm saying the Chiefs are awful. If anything you're the delusional one here thinking they're not the worst team in the league.
The Chiefs are better than the Jaguars at absolutely every position. Better qb, better RBs, better oline, better d line, better pass rush, and way better secondary. Tell me one thing that makes the Jaguars better lol
Old 10-30-2012, 01:28 PM    (permalink
Robcards
Veteran

Ok if a cowboys fan mocked the cowboys trading with the rams to get Claiborne everyone would say he was insane too. I don't think it's a stretch at all.
Old 10-30-2012, 01:31 PM    (permalink
Bengals78
All-Pro

Bengals78 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bengals78 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bengals78 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bengals78 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bengals78 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bengals78 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bengals78 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bengals78 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bengals78 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bengals78 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bengals78 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Ok if a cowboys fan mocked the cowboys trading with the rams to get Claiborne everyone would say he was insane too. I don't think it's a stretch at all.
No they wouldn't they Cowboys needed Claiborne. Rams just signed Finnegan and had plans for Jenkins. Worked out well both ways.
Where as in your scenario the Bengals are passing on a guy who fills 2 huge needs so your Jets can get who you want them to have.

The Jets would have to blow the Bengals away to get Jarvis from us.

bonekrusher
The Twitters
themaninblack
Old 10-30-2012, 01:33 PM    (permalink
Robcards
Veteran

Quote:
No they wouldn't they Cowboys needed Claiborne. Rams just signed Finnegan and had plans for Jenkins. Worked out well both ways.
Where as in your scenario the Bengals are passing on a guy who fills 2 huge needs so your Jets can get who you want them to have.

The Jets would have to blow the Bengals away to get Jarvis from us.
I still don't see any Bengals fans convincing me that he's a better scheme fit for them than someone like Sam Montgomery. Jarvis Jones is a 3-4 OLB he doesn't have anywhere near the value for a 4-3 team

And what's your argument? The Jets don't need Jarvis Jones? The Bengals wouldn't take Sam Montgomery and a 2nd round pick to pass on a guy who isn't even a fit for their defense?
Old 10-30-2012, 01:35 PM    (permalink
vidae
SWDC Mafia
Legend

Quote:
The Chiefs are better than the Jaguars at absolutely every position. Better qb, better RBs, better oline, better d line, better pass rush, and way better secondary. Tell me one thing that makes the Jaguars better lol
Coaching. Desire to win. Competitive spirit?

The game isn't played on paper, it's played on the field, and the Chiefs are the first team since 1940 (which is over 70 years) to not lead a game for a single second in their first seven games. Like I said, the Jaguars have been COMPETITIVE. The Chiefs HAVE NOT.

Old 10-30-2012, 01:37 PM    (permalink
Bengals78
All-Pro

Quote:
I still don't see any Bengals fans convincing me that he's a better scheme fit for them than someone like Sam Montgomery. Jarvis Jones is a 3-4 OLB he doesn't have anywhere near the value for a 4-3 team

And what's your argument? The Jets don't need Jarvis Jones? The Bengals wouldn't take Sam Montgomery and a 2nd round pick to pass on a guy who isn't even a fit for their defense?
My argument is Jones can play in a 4-3.
What about his play makes you think he is strictly a 3-4 OLB? He can cover. He can play the run. He doesn't just rush the passer with his hand down.

The Bengals wouldn't take an inferior talent to Jones when Jones fills two big holes we have 1. Pass rush 2. OLB

I never said the Jets didn't need him but the Bengals do too. So why would they give up Jones?

bonekrusher
The Twitters
themaninblack
Old 10-30-2012, 01:39 PM    (permalink
Robcards
Veteran

Quote:
Coaching. Desire to win. Competitive spirit?

The game isn't played on paper, it's played on the field, and the Chiefs are the first team since 1940 (which is over 70 years) to not lead a game for a single second in their first seven games. Like I said, the Jaguars have been COMPETITIVE. The Chiefs HAVE NOT.
Vegas is the most impartial sports opinion you can get and the o/u wins for Jaguars going into the season was 5.5 while Chiefs was 8. Ill take Vegas' opinion over yours. Jaguars have been competitive against the Colts and Titans, wow big accomplishment there.

Oh and you know who MJD is? Yeah he's out for at least 3 weeks, I don't even see how this is a debate.

Last edited by Robcards : 10-30-2012 at 01:43 PM.
Old 10-30-2012, 01:42 PM    (permalink
Robcards
Veteran

Quote:
My argument is Jones can play in a 4-3.
What about his play makes you think he is strictly a 3-4 OLB? He can cover. He can play the run. He doesn't just rush the passer with his hand down.

The Bengals wouldn't take an inferior talent to Jones when Jones fills two big holes we have 1. Pass rush 2. OLB

I never said the Jets didn't need him but the Bengals do too. So why would they give up Jones?
I'm not saying he can't play in a 4-3 scheme, I am saying that he isn't as valuable to a 4-3 team as he is to a 3-4 team. Just like Dontari Poe was more valuable to a 3-4 team than any 4-3 team last year. 4-3 OLBs don't get taken with top 10 picks. Unless he'd be purely a DE in the Bengals scheme, I just don't see it
Old 10-30-2012, 01:47 PM    (permalink
Pat Sims 90
All-Pro

Pat Sims 90 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Pat Sims 90 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Pat Sims 90 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Pat Sims 90 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Pat Sims 90 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Pat Sims 90 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Pat Sims 90 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Pat Sims 90 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Pat Sims 90 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Pat Sims 90 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Pat Sims 90 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
4-3 OLBs don't get taken with top 10 picks. t
Denver took Von Miller,Seattle took Aaron Curry, and Bengals took Keith Rivers. Your argument is invalid. Jarvis Jones adds as much as Von Miller does.

RIP themaninblack

Last edited by Pat Sims 90 : 10-30-2012 at 01:51 PM.
Old 10-30-2012, 01:53 PM    (permalink
Robcards
Veteran

Quote:
Seattle took Aaron Curry and Bengals took Keith Rivers. Your argument is invalid.
Jarvis Jones adds more to to a 4-3 team then what they did since he can put his hand on the ground and rush the passer.
My argument is invalid because of 2 bust picks? It's not common, just like ILBs getting taken in the top 10, just because AJ hawk and Luke Kuechly got taken in the top 10 doesn't mean Te'o will. Trading back is amazing especially when you still get a stud pass rusher to fill your need (Montgomery isn't rotten meat here, he's amazing) and get a 2nd rounder as well.
Old 10-30-2012, 01:54 PM    (permalink
Robcards
Veteran

Quote:
Denver took Von Miller,Seattle took Aaron Curry, and Bengals took Keith Rivers. Your argument is invalid. Jarvis Jones adds as much as Von Miller does.
Von Miller is a DE who stands up
Old 10-30-2012, 02:00 PM    (permalink
Pat Sims 90
All-Pro

Quote:
My argument is invalid because of 2 bust picks? It's not common, just like ILBs getting taken in the top 10, just because AJ hawk and Luke Kuechly got taken in the top 10 doesn't mean Te'o will. Trading back is amazing especially when you still get a stud pass rusher to fill your need (Montgomery isn't rotten meat here, he's amazing) and get a 2nd rounder as well.
Mike Brown got offered the farm from New Orleans and did not take it and he got offered a lot for AJ Green and did not happen. If they fall in love with a prospect they will stay put and take them no matter the offer. Jarvis Jones fits the bill he is a athletic freak and he plays for Georgia which automatically puts him high on the Bengals draft board. Sam Montgomery does not add much to what they already have in Johnson and Dunlap. Jones would give Marvin Lewis that passing rushing OLB that he has been looking for since they lost David Pollack to injury.

RIP themaninblack
Old 10-30-2012, 02:05 PM    (permalink
vidae
SWDC Mafia
Legend

Quote:
Vegas is the most impartial sports opinion you can get and the o/u wins for Jaguars going into the season was 5.5 while Chiefs was 8. Ill take Vegas' opinion over yours. Jaguars have been competitive against the Colts and Titans, wow big accomplishment there.

Oh and you know who MJD is? Yeah he's out for at least 3 weeks, I don't even see how this is a debate.
going into the season.. going into the season.. going into the season...

Any now the season is half over and the Chiefs are much worse. And do you know who Jamaal Charles is? Yeah, the guy who got 5 carries on Sunday and who is rumored to be hurt. I'll take Jennings over any backup RB the Chiefs have any day.

And the Jags barely lost to the Packers, one of the strongest teams in the NFL, but I notice you kept them off that list. I wonder why.

Old 10-30-2012, 03:07 PM    (permalink
Robcards
Veteran

Quote:
going into the season.. going into the season.. going into the season...

Any now the season is half over and the Chiefs are much worse. And do you know who Jamaal Charles is? Yeah, the guy who got 5 carries on Sunday and who is rumored to be hurt. I'll take Jennings over any backup RB the Chiefs have any day.

And the Jags barely lost to the Packers, one of the strongest teams in the NFL, but I notice you kept them off that list. I wonder why.
Going into the season the Jags were better than they are now. The Chiefs haven't lost anyone, Charles is healthy you guys only ran the ball 9 times total. And losing by 2 scores is your definition of barely losing? The Packers were missing their best 2 WRs and their only RB and they were likely not playing 100% considering the weakness of the opponent. Oh and the Packers are ridiculously overrated, there's that too

PS- I hope you're right and there's an undisclosed injury for Charles as I have Peyton Hillis on one of my fantasy teams' bench! Lol

Last edited by Robcards : 10-30-2012 at 03:11 PM.
Old 10-30-2012, 03:09 PM    (permalink
Robcards
Veteran

Quote:
Mike Brown got offered the farm from New Orleans and did not take it and he got offered a lot for AJ Green and did not happen. If they fall in love with a prospect they will stay put and take them no matter the offer. Jarvis Jones fits the bill he is a athletic freak and he plays for Georgia which automatically puts him high on the Bengals draft board. Sam Montgomery does not add much to what they already have in Johnson and Dunlap. Jones would give Marvin Lewis that passing rushing OLB that he has been looking for since they lost David Pollack to injury.
Well, agree to disagree I guess. I think Sam Montomery would be a pretty big upgrade on Johnson and Dunlap. And it remains to be seen who is going to fall in love with who obviously, it's a bit early to speculate on that. All I'm saying is I think a 3-4 team would value jones more than anyone else.
Old 10-30-2012, 03:26 PM    (permalink
Bengals78
All-Pro

Quote:
Well, agree to disagree I guess. I think Sam Montomery would be a pretty big upgrade on Johnson and Dunlap. And it remains to be seen who is going to fall in love with who obviously, it's a bit early to speculate on that. All I'm saying is I think a 3-4 team would value jones more than anyone else.
David Pollack.
Michael Johnson.
Manny Lawson.
Dontay Moch.

Marvin will never give up trying to make a DE/LB hybrid work.
Lawson plays with his hand down at times.
Johnson was tried at LB a few times.
Moch is still being converted to LB.

bonekrusher
The Twitters
themaninblack
Old 10-30-2012, 04:26 PM    (permalink
Thecollegedropout
Pro Bowler

Thecollegedropout is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Thecollegedropout is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Thecollegedropout is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Thecollegedropout is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Thecollegedropout is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Thecollegedropout is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Thecollegedropout is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Thecollegedropout is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Thecollegedropout is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Thecollegedropout is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Thecollegedropout is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I don't want to do a trade up period. We've done it so many times and have seen our depth get destroyed because of it.

We need to trade down for once......even if I love Jarvis Jones. We can't give up future picks.
Thecollegedropout is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-30-2012, 04:28 PM    (permalink
Robcards
Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Thecollegedropout View Post
I don't want to do a trade up period. We've done it so many times and have seen our depth get destroyed because of it.

We need to trade down for once......even if I love Jarvis Jones. We can't give up future picks.
I agree. The only team who's thrown away more picks than the jets are the raiders. But if Tannenbaum doesn't get fired expect more trade ups they can't resist moving up when a guy they love is there