Draft Countdown Forums

Go Back   Draft Countdown Forums > The Locker Room > Off Topic

Off Topic Almost Anything Goes

Old 10-30-2012, 11:23 PM    (permalink
The Alex
Pro Bowler

The Alex is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.The Alex is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.The Alex is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.The Alex is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.The Alex is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.The Alex is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.The Alex is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.The Alex is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.The Alex is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.The Alex is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.The Alex is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by phlysac View Post
I heard that Sylvester Stallone wrote The Expendables with The Alex in mind. He had to keep it realistic though and split The Alex's abilities into multiple characters. Stallone thought that critics would pan it for being too far-fetched if he just had one character effing everyone up.
The end. Cut to black. Audience goes ****ing ape****.
The Alex is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-30-2012, 11:43 PM    (permalink
Caddy
Team Leader
Legend

Caddy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Caddy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Caddy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Caddy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Caddy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Caddy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Caddy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Caddy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Caddy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Caddy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Caddy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

God forbid they use a different helicopter scene which contributes absolutely nothing to anything. Talk about hating for the sake of hating.

Caddy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-30-2012, 11:46 PM    (permalink
The Alex
Pro Bowler

The Alex is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.The Alex is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.The Alex is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.The Alex is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.The Alex is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.The Alex is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.The Alex is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.The Alex is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.The Alex is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.The Alex is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.The Alex is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Caddy View Post
God forbid they use a different helicopter scene which contributes absolutely nothing to anything. Talk about hating for the sake of hating.
God forbid they get enough coverage with one helicopter.

Quote:
I heard that Sylvester Stallone wrote The Expendables with The Alex in mind. He had to keep it realistic though and split The Alex's abilities into multiple characters. Stallone thought that critics would pan it for being too far-fetched if he just had one character effing everyone up.
Old 10-30-2012, 11:48 PM    (permalink
Caddy
Team Leader
Legend

Caddy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Caddy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Caddy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Caddy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Caddy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Caddy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Caddy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Caddy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Caddy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Caddy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Caddy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Alex View Post
God forbid they get enough coverage with one helicopter.
If you really think this is a big deal, I feel sorry for you. You must hate every tiny goof that literally every television show that has ever aired has had. I assume any helicopter scene, let alone one with a crash is more expensive than a television show like TWD can afford.

Old 10-30-2012, 11:54 PM    (permalink
The Alex
Pro Bowler

Quote:
If you really think this is a big deal, I feel sorry for you. You must hate every tiny goof that literally every television show that has ever aired has had. I assume any helicopter scene, let alone one with a crash is more expensive than a television show like TWD can afford.
Because I have a problem with a continuity goof, I must hate every television series ever? Come on. I'm a film student working on becoming a professional editor, I'm trained to notice **** like this.

Quote:
Old 10-30-2012, 11:57 PM    (permalink
Caddy
Team Leader
Legend

Quote:
Because I have a problem with a continuity goof, I must hate every television series ever? Come on. I'm a film student working on becoming a professional editor, I'm trained to notice **** like this.
It wasn't the only continuity error of the episode. Errors like that are essentially TV tropes. Happens in everything, yet people make a deal about it during divisive shows like TWD. You clearly don't like the show, so why bother watching it?

Old 10-30-2012, 11:59 PM    (permalink
The Alex
Pro Bowler

Quote:
It wasn't the only continuity error of the episode. Errors like that are essentially TV tropes. Happens in everything, yet people make a deal about it during divisive shows like TWD. You clearly don't like the show, so why bother watching it?
I want to like the show, I see elements and potential that could be incredible but it's getting squandered. And that's not just a different helicopter, to me it looks like an unfinished effects shot. And if that's the case, it takes all of 5 to 10 minutes to fix it in After Effects. To me, it's a sign of general laziness on their part.

Quote:
Old 10-31-2012, 12:01 AM    (permalink
Caddy
Team Leader
Legend

Quote:
I want to like the show, I see elements and potential that could be incredible but it's getting squandered. And that's not just a different helicopter, to me it looks like an unfinished effects shot. And if that's the case, it takes all of 5 to 10 minutes to fix it in After Effects. To me, it's a sign of general laziness on their part.
Not sure why you wouldn't like it this season. It has been substantially better and there are no signs of that letting up. If you don't like it now, may as well give up because shows don't often get better in season 4 and beyond.

Old 10-31-2012, 12:25 AM    (permalink
bantx
I have a Custom Title
All-NFLDC

bantx is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bantx is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bantx is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bantx is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bantx is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bantx is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bantx is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bantx is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bantx is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bantx is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bantx is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Alex you should make your own thread posting about everything you see that is wrong about this show in a different thread **** is getting real annoying I think when clicking on this thread thinking I'm going to discuss about some speculations for next episodes, but instead its filled with your constant complaining about ******** that doesn't even matter. Take that **** to a different thread.

bantx is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-31-2012, 12:52 AM    (permalink
TitanHope
Website Contributor
All-NFLDC

TitanHope is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitanHope is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitanHope is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitanHope is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitanHope is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitanHope is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitanHope is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitanHope is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitanHope is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitanHope is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitanHope is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I don't see a much of a difference in the helicopters, but I trust Alex cause he's a Titans fan. And if there's one thing Tits fans know, it's their zombie scenarios.

[@TDWinstead]
Quote:
Originally Posted by MichaelJordanEberle (sabf) View Post
Damn Ke$ha is sexy.
TitanHope is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-31-2012, 01:47 AM    (permalink
Brothgar
Team Leader
All-NFLDC

Brothgar is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brothgar is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brothgar is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brothgar is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brothgar is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brothgar is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brothgar is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brothgar is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brothgar is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brothgar is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brothgar is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:

Really I think this is why you have so much trouble describing the characters in TWD because you spend way too much time finding stupid **** to ***** about.

^ this is how I picture The Alex while he watches TWD

DEATH NOTE MAFIA SIGNUP!

Quote:
Originally Posted by njx9 View Post
oh please. as if canadians even know what beer is.
Brothgar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-31-2012, 02:35 AM    (permalink
Vikes99ej
Icon

Vikes99ej is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Vikes99ej is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Vikes99ej is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Vikes99ej is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Vikes99ej is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Vikes99ej is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Vikes99ej is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Vikes99ej is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Vikes99ej is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Vikes99ej is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Vikes99ej is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I didn't notice anything with the helicopter.
Vikes99ej is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-31-2012, 03:06 AM    (permalink
MetSox17
Suck it Metsox
Legend

MetSox17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MetSox17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MetSox17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MetSox17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MetSox17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MetSox17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MetSox17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MetSox17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MetSox17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MetSox17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MetSox17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I like The Alex.
Old 10-31-2012, 09:37 AM    (permalink
Jvig43
Icon

Jvig43 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jvig43 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jvig43 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jvig43 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jvig43 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jvig43 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jvig43 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jvig43 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jvig43 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jvig43 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jvig43 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I do too, and this is called TWD thread, not the lick its balls thread. Weve been over this, its open for us to talk about for the good and the bad. If you want a thread where you can just eat up whatever **** they pile up on the screen for you go ahead but there shouldnt be a problem discussing the good or the bad.

Quote:
Originally Posted by WMD View Post
Jesse realizing Walt was Santa Claus could really shake things up.
Quote:
Originally Posted by gpngc View Post
I don't know how old you are, but if you can get to 24/25 without getting arrested or killed, you've done well for yourself lol.
Jvig43 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-31-2012, 09:42 AM    (permalink
jrdrylie
All-NFLDC

jrdrylie is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jrdrylie is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jrdrylie is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jrdrylie is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jrdrylie is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jrdrylie is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jrdrylie is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jrdrylie is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jrdrylie is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jrdrylie is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jrdrylie is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Even looking at the picture, I can't really tell the helicopters apart.

Quote:
Originally Posted by SolidGold View Post
Bortlezzzzzzz
Quote:
Originally Posted by Monomach View Post
Brilliant letting one of Scott Pioli's henchmen have his own team to ruin.  One of the premier GM jobs in the NFL and it gets handed to a stupid **** who makes three facepalm moves for every good one.  Awesome.  Just like handing a new Mercedes to a 16 year old girl who's already been in three wrecks. 
jrdrylie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-31-2012, 10:33 AM    (permalink
vidae
SWDC Mafia
Legend

vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Brothgar View Post
Really I think this is why you have so much trouble describing the characters in TWD because you spend way too much time finding stupid **** to ***** about.
No, it's because the characters on this show, for the most part, are ******* awful. They just are. Outside of a few (Rick, Glenn, Daryl) the characters are just BAD. Three seasons in and most of them suck as badly as they did in the first episode. Disagree with it all you want, but it's true.

And this last episode was just okay for me. I agree that him walking up to a ton of trained military guys was ******* stupid. If he did that, and shot someone, I don't care how many people were in the trees ready to kill the rest, they would have dropped him in a split second. They're trained military. He never would have made it out of there alive. It's a stupid implausibility to "make him look badass" but it was just ridiculous.

** RIP themaninblack. You will be missed. **

Last edited by vidae : 10-31-2012 at 10:40 AM.
vidae is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-31-2012, 11:21 AM    (permalink
Crickett
All-Pro

Crickett is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Crickett is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Crickett is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Crickett is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Crickett is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Crickett is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Crickett is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Crickett is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Crickett is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Crickett is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Crickett is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by vidae View Post
And this last episode was just okay for me. I agree that him walking up to a ton of trained military guys was ******* stupid. If he did that, and shot someone, I don't care how many people were in the trees ready to kill the rest, they would have dropped him in a split second. They're trained military. He never would have made it out of there alive. It's a stupid implausibility to "make him look badass" but it was just ridiculous.
They're part of the same military unit as the people in the movie The Hills Have Eyes 2. Meaning they could have been taken out with a pellet gun and two hard boiled eggs if it came down to it.
Crickett is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-31-2012, 12:42 PM    (permalink
FlyingElvis
All-Pro

Location: What do you do when a doo-doo chump punk points a finger like a stump?
FlyingElvis is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.FlyingElvis is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.FlyingElvis is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.FlyingElvis is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.FlyingElvis is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.FlyingElvis is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.FlyingElvis is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.FlyingElvis is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.FlyingElvis is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.FlyingElvis is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.FlyingElvis is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Still plagued by easily corrected crap. Still fun to watch, albeit with some grumbly and eye rolling.

I've resigned myself to accepting that this show will never be as awesome as it could/should be.

Not going into crazy detail b/c I just caught up with a 3 episode marathon w/Mrs.Elvis Monday night. I don't feel like covering the misques that I'm sure have already been covered.

Sig img shamelessly stolen from teh interwebs
FlyingElvis is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-31-2012, 12:46 PM    (permalink
bantx
I have a Custom Title
All-NFLDC

bantx is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bantx is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bantx is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bantx is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bantx is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bantx is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bantx is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bantx is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bantx is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bantx is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bantx is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I don't care if you guys complain about it becuase I know people like Vidae and Jvig want to enjoy it, but Alex came into the thread just for trolling purposes.

bantx is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-31-2012, 01:44 PM    (permalink
vidae
SWDC Mafia
Legend

vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I do enjoy the show for the most part, especially this season, but that doesn't mean I can just close my eyes when something dumb is going on.

** RIP themaninblack. You will be missed. **
vidae is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-31-2012, 02:18 PM    (permalink
Jvig43
Icon

Jvig43 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jvig43 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jvig43 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jvig43 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jvig43 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jvig43 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jvig43 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jvig43 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jvig43 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jvig43 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jvig43 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Agreed, as much as a dick I am in here it really is due to my love of zombie stuff and the potential for an entire series to really push the ideas explored in movies and books further due to having such extended time to tell a story/storylines. I just have ultra high expectations for it I guess. But The Alex is backing up his arguments with reasons and explanations as to why he doesn't enjoy it so I see no problem with it. If he was just saying things like, this sucks without anything supporting it then I'd take issue with it. Oh well, i'll continue to try and behave I suppose.

Quote:
Originally Posted by WMD View Post
Jesse realizing Walt was Santa Claus could really shake things up.
Quote:
Originally Posted by gpngc View Post
I don't know how old you are, but if you can get to 24/25 without getting arrested or killed, you've done well for yourself lol.
Jvig43 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-31-2012, 02:47 PM    (permalink
Vikes99ej
Icon

Vikes99ej is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Vikes99ej is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Vikes99ej is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Vikes99ej is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Vikes99ej is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Vikes99ej is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Vikes99ej is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Vikes99ej is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Vikes99ej is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Vikes99ej is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Vikes99ej is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I used to be one of those people who sat and bitched at the show, but then I learned not to take it seriously, the same way I do Breaking Bad, Mad Men or Breaking Bad. I look at the Walking Dead the same way I do Dexter: it's fun and exciting.
Old 10-31-2012, 05:36 PM    (permalink
Polamalu_is_God
Rookie

Polamalu_is_God Polamalu_is_God Polamalu_is_God Polamalu_is_God Polamalu_is_God Polamalu_is_God Polamalu_is_God Polamalu_is_God Polamalu_is_God Polamalu_is_God Polamalu_is_God

So you guys think Randall was from Woodbury?

By:BK the God
Polamalu_is_God is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-31-2012, 05:48 PM    (permalink
jrdrylie
All-NFLDC

jrdrylie is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jrdrylie is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jrdrylie is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jrdrylie is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jrdrylie is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jrdrylie is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jrdrylie is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jrdrylie is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jrdrylie is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jrdrylie is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jrdrylie is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Polamalu_is_God View Post
When I first saw Randall, I though he probably was. But now I'm not too sure (especially after watching The Talking Dead). The Governor seems to be choosy about whom he allows to enter the "town." Like the helicopter pilot could definitely been helpful, but the Governor killed him because a trained military officer could be seen as a threat to his leadership. The guys Randall was with were brash, cocky, and unpredictable. Their personalities would have been a danger to Woodbury and I doubt the Governor would have allowed that.

Quote:
Originally Posted by SolidGold View Post
Bortlezzzzzzz
Quote:
Originally Posted by Monomach View Post
Brilliant letting one of Scott Pioli's henchmen have his own team to ruin.  One of the premier GM jobs in the NFL and it gets handed to a stupid **** who makes three facepalm moves for every good one.  Awesome.  Just like handing a new Mercedes to a 16 year old girl who's already been in three wrecks. 
jrdrylie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-31-2012, 05:49 PM    (permalink
Vikes99ej
Icon

Quote:
Originally Posted by Polamalu_is_God View Post
No, those guys Rick and Glen met in that bar and town were a bunch of ******* amateurs.