Draft Countdown Forums

Go Back   Draft Countdown Forums > The Locker Room > Off Topic

Off Topic Almost Anything Goes

Old 10-31-2012, 12:51 PM    (permalink
FlyingElvis
All-Pro

FlyingElvis is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.FlyingElvis is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.FlyingElvis is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.FlyingElvis is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.FlyingElvis is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.FlyingElvis is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.FlyingElvis is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.FlyingElvis is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.FlyingElvis is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.FlyingElvis is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.FlyingElvis is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

What is it and how's it working for you?

Sig img shamelessly stolen from teh interwebs
FlyingElvis is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-31-2012, 01:29 PM    (permalink
ImBrotherCain
SWDC Mafia
All-NFLDC

ImBrotherCain is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ImBrotherCain is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ImBrotherCain is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ImBrotherCain is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ImBrotherCain is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ImBrotherCain is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ImBrotherCain is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ImBrotherCain is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ImBrotherCain is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ImBrotherCain is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ImBrotherCain is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Darkness/ Life deck focusing on Vamps and Scorps with Adrenaline and mitosis.

I had just upgraded so I haven't had the cash to finish it but I am pretty excited.
Old 10-31-2012, 02:24 PM    (permalink
FlyingElvis
All-Pro

FlyingElvis is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.FlyingElvis is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.FlyingElvis is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.FlyingElvis is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.FlyingElvis is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.FlyingElvis is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.FlyingElvis is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.FlyingElvis is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.FlyingElvis is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.FlyingElvis is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.FlyingElvis is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

You poisoning mutha******

Definitely a nice combo, though.

Old 10-31-2012, 02:34 PM    (permalink
ImBrotherCain
SWDC Mafia
All-NFLDC

ImBrotherCain is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ImBrotherCain is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ImBrotherCain is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ImBrotherCain is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ImBrotherCain is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ImBrotherCain is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ImBrotherCain is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ImBrotherCain is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ImBrotherCain is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ImBrotherCain is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ImBrotherCain is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by FlyingElvis View Post
You poisoning mutha******

Definitely a nice combo, though.
Life gain, mass creatures and poisoning... could be amazing.
Old 10-31-2012, 03:21 PM    (permalink
ImBrotherCain
SWDC Mafia
All-NFLDC

I can't seem to win lately so I haven't been able to get the coin i need to build the deck... not to mention its ******* expensive.
Old 10-31-2012, 03:30 PM    (permalink
FlyingElvis
All-Pro

Quote:
Originally Posted by ImBrotherCain View Post
I can't seem to win lately so I haven't been able to get the coin i need to build the deck... not to mention its ******* expensive.
The red speed deck you have should do well against level 3 to get quick coin. Though it lacks the life gain to earn the Elemental Master bonus for gold. That's one of the big advantages to rainbow, too. Getting EM against opponents b/c you can add a little of everything.

It's also the reason I do the oracle daily. Free money, free cards and a head's up to give you a chance at beating a false god, especially if it's one of the "easy" FGs.

Old 10-31-2012, 03:31 PM    (permalink
ImBrotherCain
SWDC Mafia
All-NFLDC

Quote:
Originally Posted by FlyingElvis View Post
The red speed deck you have should do well against level 3 to get quick coin. Though it lacks the life gain to earn the Elemental Master bonus for gold. That's one of the big advantages to rainbow, too. Getting EM against opponents b/c you can add a little of everything.

It's also the reason I do the oracle daily. Free money, free cards and a head's up to give you a chance at beating a false god, especially if it's one of the "easy" FGs.
I try to play PvP to get the coin... idk if Lvl 3 would generate as much as fast as a good PvP win streak.
Old 10-31-2012, 03:33 PM    (permalink
FlyingElvis
All-Pro

Quote:
Originally Posted by ImBrotherCain View Post
I try to play PvP to get the coin... idk if Lvl 3 would generate as much as fast as a good PvP win streak.
Mix the two. PVP is more fun but much slower.

In the time it takes just to find a connection you could be done with 3 games @ level 3. The gold evens out and you get more spins.

Old 10-31-2012, 03:34 PM    (permalink
ImBrotherCain
SWDC Mafia
All-NFLDC

Quality point... level 3 it is.
Old 10-31-2012, 03:40 PM    (permalink
FlyingElvis
All-Pro

You also get the higher win % b/c the AI plays like a tard.

Old 10-31-2012, 08:02 PM    (permalink
ImBrotherCain
SWDC Mafia
All-NFLDC

Just finished constructing it. It needed some fine tuning right off the bat but it runs pretty amazing. Getting 2-3 Vamps with Adrenaline is amazing. I might actually get rid of the scorps but idk.
Old 11-01-2012, 09:17 AM    (permalink
ImBrotherCain
SWDC Mafia
All-NFLDC

I love this deck.
Old 11-01-2012, 09:25 AM    (permalink
ImBrotherCain
SWDC Mafia
All-NFLDC

Damn... just got my 3rd and 4th Lobotomizer from one Lvl 3.
Old 11-06-2012, 01:26 PM    (permalink
Job Reborn
Veteran

Job Reborn is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Job Reborn is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Job Reborn is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Job Reborn is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Job Reborn is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Job Reborn is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Job Reborn is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Job Reborn is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Job Reborn is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Job Reborn is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Job Reborn is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I've been thinking. Why do we have a thread for this and none for actual MTG?
Job Reborn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-06-2012, 01:32 PM    (permalink
ImBrotherCain
SWDC Mafia
All-NFLDC

Thats a solid question... only reason I could see would is that Elements is an online game where MTG is a card game where their is no ideal way to play online and is less umm inviting than a free clone.

I mean hell I wish there was a way to play online with my actual MTG cards.
Old 11-06-2012, 02:01 PM    (permalink
FlyingElvis
All-Pro

Played a game earlier in PVP2 and was drubbing my opponent until he played a silurian dragon and hit it with mitosis and 4 shards of readiness to kill me in one turn.

Old 11-07-2012, 05:45 AM    (permalink
Gay Ork Wang
Matt Forte = Baby Marcus Allen
Icon

Gay Ork Wang is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Gay Ork Wang is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Gay Ork Wang is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Gay Ork Wang is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Gay Ork Wang is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Gay Ork Wang is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Gay Ork Wang is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Gay Ork Wang is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Gay Ork Wang is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Gay Ork Wang is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Gay Ork Wang is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

i used to play MTG ith MagicWorkStation, so you can play it online

Gay Ork Wang is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-08-2012, 02:54 PM    (permalink
Grizzlegom
Mr. Rogers
All-Pro

Grizzlegom is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Grizzlegom is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Grizzlegom is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Grizzlegom is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Grizzlegom is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Grizzlegom is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Grizzlegom is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Grizzlegom is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Grizzlegom is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Grizzlegom is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Grizzlegom is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

isn't there a MTG Online? I think you need to buy cards for it or something but I remember having an account for it once upon a time...

sig by BoneKrusher
Grizzlegom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-08-2012, 02:56 PM    (permalink
ImBrotherCain
SWDC Mafia
All-NFLDC

Quote:
Originally Posted by Grizzlegom View Post
isn't there a MTG Online? I think you need to buy cards for it or something but I remember having an account for it once upon a time...
But thats the problem you have to buy cards for it. Its not very inviting. Not to mention I want to play with my existing decks... that I pulled from packs. Not buy the cards I want or have to pray I get the cards I want from packs online.
Old 11-08-2012, 03:02 PM    (permalink
Grizzlegom
Mr. Rogers
All-Pro

Grizzlegom is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Grizzlegom is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Grizzlegom is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Grizzlegom is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Grizzlegom is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Grizzlegom is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Grizzlegom is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Grizzlegom is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Grizzlegom is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Grizzlegom is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Grizzlegom is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Yea I know what you mean. Magic needs to take a page from the Pokemon TCG. When you buy a Pokemon starter deck, you get a code to enter online that automatically gives you all those cards online. When you buy a booster, you get a booster credit that you can use on any online pack. You still need to buy them and you don't get the same cards in the boosters in real life as you do online, but at least you can amass a large collection both online and in real life but only have to pay once.

sig by BoneKrusher
Grizzlegom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-08-2012, 03:09 PM    (permalink
FlyingElvis
All-Pro

Quote:
Originally Posted by Grizzlegom View Post
It's not free.

Old 11-08-2012, 03:10 PM    (permalink
FlyingElvis
All-Pro

yeah . . . I am doing a whole bunch of things at once and that post was way slow.

Old 11-08-2012, 03:41 PM    (permalink
vidae
SWDC Mafia
Legend

vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

The cards (from what I've been told) are pretty cheap on MTG Online.

** RIP themaninblack. You will be missed. **
vidae is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-11-2012, 03:37 AM    (permalink
fenikz
Pillow Hat Pal
Legend

fenikz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.fenikz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.fenikz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.fenikz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.fenikz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.fenikz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.fenikz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.fenikz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.fenikz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.fenikz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.fenikz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

been playing off and on since this thread started finally able to beat the false gods with some regularity

my way too expensive deck

just 3 not upgraded

Last edited by fenikz : 12-11-2012 at 03:51 AM.
fenikz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-12-2012, 03:55 PM    (permalink
FlyingElvis
All-Pro

Solid build. I have come to consider the Eagle Eye, Bonewall and Elite Oty as the holy trinity. Those 3 alone can take over a game.

I finally submitted an arena deck that has lasted more than one day. lol

It's currently 17-5 and ranked 77 in the Gold League. Oracle gave me the Purple Nymph which is basically my favorite deck build, anyway.