Draft Countdown Forums

Go Back   Draft Countdown Forums > Draft Countdown Forums > Team Boards > Dallas Cowboys Team Forum

Dallas Cowboys Team Forum Discuss America's Team - How 'bout dem Cowboys!

Old 10-13-2012, 03:34 AM    (permalink
D-Unit
DC Administrator
Legend

D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Brothgar View Post
It just seems off that they haven't signed him long term yet. I know it is very unlikely but I have a weird feeling about it.
Jerry loves Romo... and he loves Garrett. Your weird feeling is completely off.
D-Unit is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-13-2012, 04:28 AM    (permalink
MetSox17
Suck it Metsox
Legend

MetSox17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MetSox17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MetSox17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MetSox17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MetSox17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MetSox17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MetSox17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MetSox17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MetSox17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MetSox17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MetSox17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

That's not happening. Jerry is an idiot, and an Arkansas fan boy, but he isn't THAT stupid.
Old 10-17-2012, 10:07 AM    (permalink
thule
Team Leader
All-NFLDC

thule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Jerry has drafted one guy from Arkansas in his 15 years as a gm....and now he is an arkansas homer? Please do a little research before you come in here saying things that aren't true.

That said I also have a weird feeling. While Romo is a quality QB in the NFL I can't help but think Garrett might want a more prototypical QB for his offense. When Romo is in rhythm you see it on the field throwing dimes all over. But it's when things turn chaotic that he's at his best. Thats not what our offense is built around. Hit your steps...make your reads and get rid of the football. I don't for one second think that Tony Romo is a bad QB or that he can't win big games in the NFL. But that said another top 15 pick and a top QB that drops might have the front office looking for me consistancy out of the QB position. Not highly likely...but it is worth discussing and following some of the top QB's the college season just in case.

Designs by me
Quote:
[00:37] <toonster> i mean, i can talk dirty
thule is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-18-2012, 01:47 PM    (permalink
D-Unit
DC Administrator
Legend

D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

October 2013 Forum Mock Results

Round 1. Eric Reid, FS - LSU - 6'2, 212

With the 14th pick, I selected Eric Reid. There was no other player that I thought could put us over the top like Reid. Our pass defense is good, but generating Turnovers isn't. Reid is a playmaker who should help in that department.

Round 2. Dallas Thomas, OT/OG - Tennessee - 6'4, 320

Was hoping for Jake Matthews, but Dallas Thomas was my next target. The benefit about him is ability to play LT, RT, LG, or RG so needless to say, I wasn't that disheartened. We need to dump Free. Thomas would start out at RT. I think he and Tyron would make excellent athletic bookends for our OL.

Round 3. Jesse Williams, NT - Alabama - 6'3, 320

The heart of the Alabama defense, Williams is the reason why Bama's defense holds things together so well. He's a no nonsense, hard working cog in the middle of the trenches who flashes athleticism to play DE in our scheme too. Here's hoping Ratliff could start to spend more time attacking the QB from the DE position where we need to generate more pass rush.

Round 3 (Mike Jenkins trade). Andre Ellington, RB - Clemson - 5'9, 195

I traded Mike Jenkins to Detroit for their 3rd rounder and ended up selecting Andre Ellington. With Felix facing FA, I was thrilled to land Ellington here. I think he's the top RB in this Senior class and he is an exciting game breaker who would compliment Murray greatly.

Round 4. John Simon, DE/OLB - Ohio State - 6'2, 260

Urban Meyer talks about this kid like he wishes he would marry his daughter. Simon is a relentless beast who gives his all on every play and plays it like it's his last. He exemplifies the type of blue collar worker that this team needs. I feel like the additions of Jesse Williams and John Simon start to give this team an identity of being more HARD NOSED AND TOUGH instead of the finesse label that we often get. Simon could play ILB in a pinch too.

Thoughts on this draft?
Old 10-18-2012, 02:47 PM    (permalink
LonghornsLegend
Legend

LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I love Reid, so so much. I would also like more interior lineman in the draft then just one. Even if we get a guy in FA we probably need a couple.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Scott Wright View Post
I guarantee that if someone picks Cam Newton in the Top 5 they will regret it.
LonghornsLegend is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-18-2012, 02:51 PM    (permalink
Macarthur
Pro Bowler

Macarthur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Macarthur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Macarthur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Macarthur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Macarthur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Macarthur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Macarthur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Macarthur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Macarthur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Macarthur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Macarthur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I like it a lot. I think that kid from Bama is going to be a beast. He is exactly what we need in the middle.

-Douglas MacArthur
Macarthur is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-18-2012, 02:58 PM    (permalink
Witten4HOF
Veteran

Witten4HOF is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Witten4HOF is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Witten4HOF is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Witten4HOF is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Witten4HOF is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Witten4HOF is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Witten4HOF is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Witten4HOF is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Witten4HOF is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Witten4HOF is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Witten4HOF is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

1) I like the Reid pick, not in love with him or any of the safeties in this years class but he certainly has talent. I don't mind Sensy at SS and this would allow Chruch to move back to a key sub package and impact special teamer.

2) I agree that Mathews would be amazing in the second round if he was available. Dallas Clark has some very nice athletic tools but is a little to finesse considering his size, definitely someone that can be molded into a solid RT. Added versatility to kick inside if need be.

3) We always project a NT in the first couple of rounds and never get one. Brent has shown he is a capable run stopper and Williams doesn't provide anything that Josh doesn't already have. If the team decides to shift Rat outside I'd expect them to bring in a veteran or draft a developmental guy later because Jay or Lisse can kick inside on third downs.

3b) Love the pick.

4) Simon makes complete sense from a intangibles stand point and position need. He is not a great athlete and he is a bit of a tweener but is as blue chip as you can get. Butler is a free agent that could get his walking papers and there is no guarantee what will happen with Spencer. Simon is a poor mans Lamarr Woodley imo, has some serious strength for his size and has a non stop motor. He can be an impact sub against the run and can contribute on special teams right away.
Witten4HOF is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-18-2012, 04:32 PM    (permalink
D-Unit
DC Administrator
Legend

Quote:
Originally Posted by LonghornsLegend View Post
I love Reid, so so much. I would also like more interior lineman in the draft then just one. Even if we get a guy in FA we probably need a couple.
My thinking was indeed going to FA for more OL help. I just didn't want an influx of too much youth. Especially since the draft isn't very strong in OG/C once you get to our pick in Round 3.

Andy Levitre is the FA I would've gone after. I did try to trade for him and Urbik but it didn't work out.
Old 10-18-2012, 09:55 PM    (permalink
cmd34
Rookie

cmd34 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.cmd34 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.cmd34 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.cmd34 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.cmd34 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.cmd34 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.cmd34 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.cmd34 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.cmd34 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.cmd34 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.cmd34 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I don't know if Simon has a position in a 3-4. I don't feel he can stand up and back pedal to cover anyone.

Eric Reid and Jesse Williams are both in my top 10 favorite players in this next draft.
cmd34 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-18-2012, 10:02 PM    (permalink
D-Unit
DC Administrator
Legend

Quote:
Originally Posted by cmd34 View Post
I don't know if Simon has a position in a 3-4. I don't feel he can stand up and back pedal to cover anyone.

Eric Reid and Jesse Williams are both in my top 10 favorite players in this next draft.
It's not a neccessity. I think he could be like the way we viewed Donta Hightower this year... could play him at ILB, OLB or DE in the 3-4. If you minimize his use to avoid dropping him back in coverage then you're ok. His intangibles are off the charts. This is the kind of football player you want because he plays beyond what his measurables tell you. It was a 4th rounder and I tried to match value. If you improve depth and he makes the 53 man roster, we really can't complain about the use of the pick.

Thanks for the comment!
Old 10-19-2012, 01:52 PM    (permalink
cmd34
Rookie

cmd34 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.cmd34 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.cmd34 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.cmd34 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.cmd34 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.cmd34 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.cmd34 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.cmd34 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.cmd34 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.cmd34 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.cmd34 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by D-Unit View Post
It's not a neccessity. I think he could be like the way we viewed Donta Hightower this year... could play him at ILB, OLB or DE in the 3-4. If you minimize his use to avoid dropping him back in coverage then you're ok. His intangibles are off the charts. This is the kind of football player you want because he plays beyond what his measurables tell you. It was a 4th rounder and I tried to match value. If you improve depth and he makes the 53 man roster, we really can't complain about the use of the pick.

Thanks for the comment!
Getting value in the 4th round is not anything this franchise is interested in recently.

Sincerely, Akwasi Owusu-Ansah, David Arkin, and Matt "Sissy" Johnson
cmd34 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-31-2012, 09:03 PM    (permalink
D-Unit
DC Administrator
Legend

Dallas Mock 5.0

Happy Halloween! - Bonus 5th Round selection

Round 1 (TRADE DOWN - From Pick (11-15) to Pick (21-28)).
Jake Matthews - Texas A&M - 6'5, 305

Unless we're grabbing a QB that's fallen in the draft or reaching on an OG like Warmack, there isn't a lot for us to like here. This is considering the fact that we just gave Barry Church an extension this week and likely expect him to start next year, so Safety could easily be put off here in Round 1.

I love Matthews. He's so sound, steady and beautifully skilled. His father Bruce definitely raised a gem. A&M's match up with LSU was pretty telling. Mingo was completely shutdown against Matthews...frustrated so much, Mingo's speed was a complete non-factor and in fact he was called for 3 offsides penalties. Matthews shut him down all day. This is the kind of upgrade we need at RT. Mingo did have a sack but he didn't go up against Matthews on the play. I'd gladly take the best RT in college ball and replace Free who is expected to cost $11M on the book next year if we keep him. ...we're not that dumb are we? *knock on wood*

Round 2. Travis Frederick - C/OG - Wisconsin - 6'4, 338

Frederick is Wisconsin's burly man in the middle having an outstanding Junior campaign this year. He's another guy who would be perfect for us because he could play Center or Guard in the NFL. Last year he played LG while Konz played C, but this year he's at C. His coaches love him, his teachers love him..

Quote:
“He’s really a self-made man,” Wedig said. “He went from his freshman year to his sophomore year and was one of the strongest kids on the team. He was in the weight room all the time and was just so driven.”

“He’s one of the most coachable kids I’ve had,” Wedig said. “But at the same time even as a sophomore, if he saw something, he’d say ‘Hey coach, do you think we could do it this way’? He’s always been one of those kids where if it’s in class, or on the football field he sees things. He’s bright and he’s a big guy, and that’s a great combination.”

Along with his prowess on the field, he was just as impressive off it.

“Travis is one of those guys that every teacher knew and every teacher loved in the classroom,” Wedig said. “He just happened to be a big guy that could play football.”

He is currently carrying a double major of Computer engineering and computer science, and is set to graduate in May with one degree, while being just seven credits shy of the other.
http://www.beloitdailynews.com/sport...9bb2963f4.html

Round 2. (Acquired from 1st Rnd Trade Down - Late 2nd Round pick)).
EJ Manuel - QB - Florida State - 6'4, 240

I was not always a fan of Manuel, but he has made tremendous steps in his 4 years at FSU. Especially this year. He always had great size, posed a threat as a runner, and was always tough to take down. Gotta love a QB who can take a hit and bounce right back up. Manuel has shown awesome improvement as a passer. His deep ball is especially pretty. He's not among the elite QB prospects in this draft class, but he doesn't have crazy good WRs to throw to either like Geno Smith and Matt Barkley have. I think with the time he'll have to learn sitting behind Romo and Orton, that he could be special. We're not talking 3 years and nothing to show for it like we have in Stephen McGee. I think Manuel is the type of QB prospect that could give us the kind of new age threat that Washington has in RG3. Admittingly, this is a little bit of hit or miss, but I gotta say, I like the potential.

Round 3. Zach Ertz - TE - Stanford - 6'6, 252

When Garrett talks about getting "the right kind of guy" Zach Ertz is exactly that. Witten still has "it", but behind them we really don't have a dynamic threat. We got able bodies, but Ertz has the stuff to be the real heir to Witten.

Round 4. Shamarko Thomas - SS - Syracuse - 5'10, 210

I've mentioned him before, but I had to add him again. My favorite sleeper safety prospect. Love him so much that if we don't take a Safety in Round 1, then I wouldn't want another unless it was him. His closing speed is awesome and he's a punisher. I love players who swarm to the ball and Shamarko is that kind of guy. You put him on a defense and he's flying all over the place. 2 weeks ago he had four tackles, a forced fumble and a 27-yard interception return in a 40-10 win against Connecticut. Bad ass.

Round 5. Rex Burkhead, RB - Nebraska - 5'11, 210

The Cowboys have to turn this F'n corner...LIKE....NOW! Less talkin', more doing. Less hype, more substance. No more excuses already! This offense needs to change their identity. Burkhead shits-nails! This f'n hard ass ain't about the glam. He's about working his ass off and taking no prisoners on the field. None of this, one hit go down **** that Felix The Vag is constantly doing. Throw this bad boy in the mix with Murray and we're gonna ram it down throats!

...and seriously, how can we not love a guy who wears stuff like this?

Last edited by D-Unit : 11-01-2012 at 03:55 AM.
Old 11-01-2012, 10:17 AM    (permalink
FreshBoy!
Veteran

FreshBoy! is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.FreshBoy! is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.FreshBoy! is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.FreshBoy! is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.FreshBoy! is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.FreshBoy! is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.FreshBoy! is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.FreshBoy! is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.FreshBoy! is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.FreshBoy! is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.FreshBoy! is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
It just seems off that they haven't signed him long term yet. I know it is very unlikely but I have a weird feeling about it.
I'd trade Romo for a couple picks right now personally...

But there's nothing weird about it, Romo cut off talks right before the season started as to concentrate on the season. Doubt we see a deal until the offseason.
FreshBoy! is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-01-2012, 10:20 AM    (permalink
Trogdor
Pro Bowler

Trogdor is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Trogdor is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Trogdor is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Trogdor is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Trogdor is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Trogdor is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Trogdor is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Trogdor is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Trogdor is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Trogdor is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Trogdor is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Love the mock aside from taking a QB in the late second. I have a feeling we'll be revisiting the mid-late round QB development again. Swap him for someone like Brandon Jenkins if he can't show off prior to the draft and then take a development prospect in the 5th.

I have my eye on Brad Sorensen out of Southern Utah (former BYU transfer). He's EXTREMELY raw but elite potential and a crazy strong arm.

Quote:
Sorensen has phenomenal throw power, probably the best throw power of any quarterback in this year’s draft class. There was one play against Northern Arizona that really stood out from a throw power stand point. In the first drive of the game, on 3rd and at least 20, Sorensen dropped back to pass, ducked right under a potential sack from a defensive end, scrambled forward to evade the pressure, and, at the last second, hurled the ball to a receiver deep down field. The throw sailed 53 yards. It may not sound all too impressive, but his FEET WEREN’T SET when he made the throw. There is no quarterback in this draft class who can hurl the football 53 yards while throwing on the run. The pass wasn’t caught (hit his receivers fingertips but he couldn’t reel it in), but it was still quite impressive. Sorensen also puts excellent zip on his passes, and he makes sure to have a nice touch on his deep ball. Sorensen has a cannon for an arm and is really the only gunslinger in this draft class.

Last edited by D-Unit : 11-01-2012 at 01:02 PM.
Trogdor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-01-2012, 01:58 PM    (permalink
D-Unit
DC Administrator
Legend

Quote:
Originally Posted by Trogdor View Post
Love the mock aside from taking a QB in the late second. I have a feeling we'll be revisiting the mid-late round QB development again. Swap him for someone like Brandon Jenkins if he can't show off prior to the draft and then take a development prospect in the 5th.

I have my eye on Brad Sorensen out of Southern Utah (former BYU transfer). He's EXTREMELY raw but elite potential and a crazy strong arm.

I'm not really in love with the idea of a mid-round QB talent. I want someone of better quality than that. If it's not a 1st or 2nd round guy then it's less to get excited about. But there is one guy I like...

If we do go mid-rounds, I like Miami (Ohio)'s Zac Dysert.

Old 11-08-2012, 09:09 AM    (permalink
TheFinisher
Pro Bowler

TheFinisher is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TheFinisher is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TheFinisher is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TheFinisher is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TheFinisher is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TheFinisher is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TheFinisher is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TheFinisher is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TheFinisher is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TheFinisher is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TheFinisher is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

1. Jake Matthews | OT | Texas A&M

Doug Free has been a major disappointment since getting paid and it's time to move on. Spending another 1st Rounder on a Tackle not only helps protect Romo for his last few seasons in Dallas, but it will help protect our QBOTF down the line whenever we make the switch. Matthews is an extremely polished college Tackle with fantastic bloodlines who will bring some nasty with him in the run game.

2. Matt Elam | S | Florida

This a deep safety class at the top which is why I feel a little better about passing on one of the top guys in round 1. Elam plays with reckless abandon and strikes me as having the type of attitude Rob covets for his unit. He wants to take your head off, is instinctive and versatile, and should excel in a multiple defense like Rob's.

3. Gabe Jackson | G | Mississippi St.

Mack has been a disaster at RG and while Livings has been solid, he came to us on the wrong side of 30 so you have to wonder when the decline will hit. Big Gabe Jackson is a classic mauler in the trenches and a team Captain, something we know Garrett has looked for in his recent drafts.

4. Knile Davis | RB | Arkansas

I know many have been scared off by Davis and his durability issues, but I'd be willing to roll the dice at this point because he's the most talented runner in the class and we need someone else to help share carries to keep Demarco healthy.
TheFinisher is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-08-2012, 01:39 PM    (permalink
D-Unit
DC Administrator
Legend

I would be more than stoked with those first 3 picks! I'm with you on Matthews. Right now he's the diamond in my eye. For one, Tackles are super duper expensive in FA and there are hardly any good ones that ever reach FA. Second, I think we need a bookend opposite of Smith who is young just like him and we can build some long term cohesiveness on that line. Love your point about building a line not just for Romo but also the QBOTF. That's exactly right! With two young talented bookends for the next decade, we will be set. ...Oh and yea... Free is a complete bum too.
Old 11-08-2012, 01:46 PM    (permalink
CowboysBeastMode
Veteran

CowboysBeastMode is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CowboysBeastMode is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CowboysBeastMode is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CowboysBeastMode is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CowboysBeastMode is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CowboysBeastMode is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CowboysBeastMode is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CowboysBeastMode is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CowboysBeastMode is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CowboysBeastMode is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CowboysBeastMode is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheFinisher View Post
1. Jake Matthews | OT | Texas A&M

Doug Free has been a major disappointment since getting paid and it's time to move on. Spending another 1st Rounder on a Tackle not only helps protect Romo for his last few seasons in Dallas, but it will help protect our QBOTF down the line whenever we make the switch. Matthews is an extremely polished college Tackle with fantastic bloodlines who will bring some nasty with him in the run game.

2. Matt Elam | S | Florida

This a deep safety class at the top which is why I feel a little better about passing on one of the top guys in round 1. Elam plays with reckless abandon and strikes me as having the type of attitude Rob covets for his unit. He wants to take your head off, is instinctive and versatile, and should excel in a multiple defense like Rob's.

3. Gabe Jackson | G | Mississippi St.

Mack has been a disaster at RG and while Livings has been solid, he came to us on the wrong side of 30 so you have to wonder when the decline will hit. Big Gabe Jackson is a classic mauler in the trenches and a team Captain, something we know Garrett has looked for in his recent drafts.

4. Knile Davis | RB | Arkansas

I know many have been scared off by Davis and his durability issues, but I'd be willing to roll the dice at this point because he's the most talented runner in the class and we need someone else to help share carries to keep Demarco healthy.
i like that draft, not sure if elam will last past the top 40 picks tho
CowboysBeastMode is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-13-2012, 02:16 PM    (permalink
Macarthur
Pro Bowler

Macarthur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Macarthur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Macarthur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Macarthur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Macarthur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Macarthur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Macarthur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Macarthur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Macarthur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Macarthur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Macarthur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

How about this draft:

1st - Vaccaro, S

2nd - Aboushi, OT

3rd - Fauria, TE

4th - Steinkuhler, DE

5th - P. Lewis, C

-Douglas MacArthur
Old 11-13-2012, 02:17 PM    (permalink
Macarthur
Pro Bowler

I also agree on Knile; he is one of those high risk, high reward type of guys.

-Douglas MacArthur
Old 11-13-2012, 03:51 PM    (permalink
LonghornsLegend
Legend

LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Is it completely crazy to think that IF the Cowboys get a top 12 pick that they may let Romo go in free agency and draft Tyler Wilson? I mean at that point Garrett is gone, Jerry is a huge Arkansas homer (see Felix Jones pick) and would be the big time splash that Jones loves to make.
So drafting 1 Arkansas player makes Jerry a huge Arkansas homer? Could you name me all the other Arkansas players he has drafted since being a GM? Why didn't we take Ryan Mallett?

Quote:
Old 11-13-2012, 04:09 PM    (permalink
LonghornsLegend
Legend

I've missed a lot of these recent mocks but gotta love the Mathews pick thus far. Would hate to miss out on Reid, but Mathews is far more important. Bloodlines like that you don't expect to fail, kinda like with Chris Long, no matter what you felt it was hard to envision him being a crappy player.

Quote:
Old 11-16-2012, 02:53 PM    (permalink
D-Unit
DC Administrator
Legend

Dallas Mock 6.0 - Week 11 - Record: 4-5

Round 1. Jake Matthews - RT - Texas A&M - 6'5, 305

Texas A&M just pulled off a huge upset by taking down #1 ranked Alabama IN Alabama. Let's hope that performance by Matthews just signed, sealed and delivered his ticket to Dallas. Damn he was not just good, he was dominant. He's shown all I needed to see. He's been tested against LSU's speed and Alabama's power and dominated both. This son of the legendary Bruce Matthews needs to find a way to get that star on his helmet.

Round 2. Tony Jefferson - S - Oklahoma - 5'11, 212

Tony Jefferson is exactly what this secondary needs... An intimidator! Jefferson is one of the hardest hitters in college football. Rob Ryan would absolutely love this guy. He's versatile enough to play either S spot. He's built like a tank and swarms to the ball... currently leading his team in tackles and has a way of coming up with big plays when his team needs it. He's stepped into a big leadership role and appears to be thriving.

Round 3. Braxston Cave - C - Notre Dame - 6'3, 305

Notre Dame has re-established themselves in 2012 behind a tough defense and a strong running game. That running game is fierce and even when defenses know they will run, ND is still able to have much success. The anchor of that OL is 5th year Senior, Braxston Cave who is steadily watching his stock improve this season. He's a strong ass mother ****** who has a lot of attributes I like to see from the C position.

Round 4. Johnathan Franklin - RB - Syracuse - 5'10, 198

We've had pretty good success drafting RBs in the mid rounds. Murray and MB3 come to mind. Franklin is flying under the radar, despite having a tremendous season and career. He just became the all time rushing leader at UCLA, which is pretty impressive. He does it with excellent vision, speed and a strong second effort to avoid going down easily. He's a legitimate talent and that's something we need when Murray goes down again... and he will. Especially the way Garrett does not like time shares. Watch him have a great game against USC this weekend.
Old 11-17-2012, 03:11 PM    (permalink
D-Unit
DC Administrator
Legend

Johnathan Franklin is tearing it up today. Wow. Gimme. Gimmeeee!
Old 11-17-2012, 03:41 PM    (permalink
pocketaces
Pro Bowler

pocketaces is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.pocketaces is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.pocketaces is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.pocketaces is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.pocketaces is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.pocketaces is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.pocketaces is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.pocketaces is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.pocketaces is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.pocketaces is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.pocketaces is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by D-Unit View Post
Johnathan Franklin is tearing it up today. Wow. Gimme. Gimmeeee!
You have him listed as Syracuse's RB

The greastest team of all time...The OKLAHOMA SOONERS!!! http://sports.espn.go.com/ncf/news/story?id=3849468
pocketaces is offline   Reply With Quote