Draft Countdown Forums

Go Back   Draft Countdown Forums > Draft Countdown Forums > Pro Football

Pro Football Discuss professional football.

Old 11-01-2012, 02:44 PM    (permalink
jrdrylie
All-NFLDC

jrdrylie is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jrdrylie is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jrdrylie is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jrdrylie is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jrdrylie is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jrdrylie is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jrdrylie is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jrdrylie is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jrdrylie is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jrdrylie is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jrdrylie is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ness View Post
I wouldn't have fired Schottenheimer simply because the team went 14-2. That being said, they did get farther in the playoffs under Norv Turner than they ever did with Schottenheimer. And Norv did make it to the playoffs before as head coach of the Redskins. 1999 I think.
Yes, one time in nine years. That is not a good track record.

Quote:
Originally Posted by SolidGold View Post
Bortlezzzzzzz
Quote:
Originally Posted by Monomach View Post
Brilliant letting one of Scott Pioli's henchmen have his own team to ruin.  One of the premier GM jobs in the NFL and it gets handed to a stupid **** who makes three facepalm moves for every good one.  Awesome.  Just like handing a new Mercedes to a 16 year old girl who's already been in three wrecks. 
jrdrylie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-01-2012, 03:00 PM    (permalink
LonghornsLegend
Legend

LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ness View Post
I wouldn't have fired Schottenheimer simply because the team went 14-2. That being said, they did get farther in the playoffs under Norv Turner than they ever did with Schottenheimer. And Norv did make it to the playoffs before as head coach of the Redskins. 1999 I think.
AJ Smith deserves to be gone. That team that most people were calling "one of the most talented in the league" got depleted of talent almost overnight, and he did a terrible job of replenishing it. Seems like all their OLB picks were bust, there is no legit WR on the roster(and no I'm not counting anybody who is just tall, and wins jump balls), the defense gets shredded constantly, and he looks like an idiot for bring Norv back for 1 more year of failure like what is happening now is a surprise to anyone.

I will never understand when people give coaches too many chances. That said, pretty sure we'll keep bringing JG back until it gets as bad as this situation.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Scott Wright View Post
I guarantee that if someone picks Cam Newton in the Top 5 they will regret it.
LonghornsLegend is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-01-2012, 03:00 PM    (permalink
Ness
Legend

Ness is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ness is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ness is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ness is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ness is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ness is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ness is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ness is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ness is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ness is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ness is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by jrdrylie View Post
Yes, one time in nine years. That is not a good track record.
I'm just saying it's been done. And he did get the Chargers to the postseason and win. It's just in the last couple of years that Turner, to me, has worn out his welcome. But not from the very beginning.

"Every light must fade, every heart return to darkness!"
-San Francisco 49ers: Five Time Super Bowl Champions-
Quote:
Originally Posted by Borat View Post
Oh, my bad. Didn't realize SWDC was the pinnacle of class and grace.
Ness is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-01-2012, 03:11 PM    (permalink
SolidGold
Pro Bowler

SolidGold is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SolidGold is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SolidGold is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SolidGold is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SolidGold is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SolidGold is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SolidGold is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SolidGold is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SolidGold is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SolidGold is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SolidGold is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by LonghornsLegend View Post
AJ Smith deserves to be gone. That team that most people were calling "one of the most talented in the league" got depleted of talent almost overnight, and he did a terrible job of replenishing it. Seems like all their OLB picks were bust, there is no legit WR on the roster(and no I'm not counting anybody who is just tall, and wins jump balls), the defense gets shredded constantly, and he looks like an idiot for bring Norv back for 1 more year of failure like what is happening now is a surprise to anyone.

I will never understand when people give coaches too many chances. That said, pretty sure we'll keep bringing JG back until it gets as bad as this situation.
AJ Smith might deserve to be gone but so does Randy Mueller. Since he came to the organization it seems alot of questionable moves have been made. He was also an executive with the Saints and Dolphins - he was responsible for the Cam Cameron debacle. I dont think its a coincidence that this dude shows up in San Diego and the Chargers performance steadily decreases.
SolidGold is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-01-2012, 03:33 PM    (permalink
Rosebud
All-NFLDC

Rosebud is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rosebud is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rosebud is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rosebud is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rosebud is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rosebud is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rosebud is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rosebud is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rosebud is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rosebud is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rosebud is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by BeerBaron View Post
Quarantine and carpet bomb the city?

BK

Quote:
Originally Posted by AcheTen View Post
JPP is a better and more productive player than Brandon Graham
Quote:
Originally Posted by abaddon41_80 View Post
Is Shaun Hill a top 10 QB? Definitely not. Is he a top 20 one? Almost certainly.
Quote:
Originally Posted by JBCX View Post
Most misleading 10+ sack season EVER.
Rosebud is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-01-2012, 03:35 PM    (permalink
BeerBaron
Team Leader
Legend

BeerBaron is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BeerBaron is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BeerBaron is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BeerBaron is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BeerBaron is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BeerBaron is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BeerBaron is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BeerBaron is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BeerBaron is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BeerBaron is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BeerBaron is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rosebud View Post
Quarantine and carpet bomb the city?
Might kill the "It's Always Sunny...." crew, so nay. Maybe just gas those who show up to the stadium?
Old 11-01-2012, 03:37 PM    (permalink
vidae
SWDC Mafia
Legend

vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

IASIP sucks, so I'm ok with the first strategy.

** RIP themaninblack. You will be missed. **
vidae is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-01-2012, 03:39 PM    (permalink
BeerBaron
Team Leader
Legend

BeerBaron is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BeerBaron is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BeerBaron is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BeerBaron is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BeerBaron is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BeerBaron is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BeerBaron is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BeerBaron is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BeerBaron is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BeerBaron is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BeerBaron is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by vidae View Post
IASIP sucks, so I'm ok with the first strategy.
You suck and your team sucks.
Old 11-01-2012, 03:41 PM    (permalink
ChiFan24
2011 SWDC Mock Draft Champ
Pro Bowler

ChiFan24 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ChiFan24 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ChiFan24 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ChiFan24 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ChiFan24 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ChiFan24 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ChiFan24 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ChiFan24 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ChiFan24 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ChiFan24 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ChiFan24 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Might kill the "It's Always Sunny...." crew, so nay.
Well it's not 2009 anymore, so that's not really a concern.
Old 11-01-2012, 03:42 PM    (permalink
vidae
SWDC Mafia
Legend

vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
You suck and your team sucks.
At least my QB isn't a cat.

http://kissingsuzykolber.uproxx.com/...stigation.html

Old 11-01-2012, 03:46 PM    (permalink
scottyboy
Coolio Cat
Legend

scottyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.scottyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.scottyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.scottyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.scottyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.scottyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.scottyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.scottyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.scottyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.scottyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.scottyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

i hope the giants win.

/subscription
Quote:
Originally Posted by PalmerToCJ View Post
BTW, if it's 3rd and 97... I'm throwing a screen pass to Brian Leonard and he will convert.
scottyboy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-01-2012, 03:47 PM    (permalink
BeerBaron
Team Leader
Legend

Quote:
Originally Posted by vidae View Post
I bet that cat is better than Matt Cassel.
Old 11-01-2012, 04:07 PM    (permalink
BeerBaron
Team Leader
Legend

Quote:
Originally Posted by njx9 View Post
is that even debatable? the cat would certainly beat out quinn.
Which reminds me of how bad Ricky Stanzi must be. If you can't unseat Matt Cassel and Brady Quinn, you should find a new career.
Old 11-01-2012, 04:18 PM    (permalink
Ness
Legend

Ness is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ness is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ness is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ness is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ness is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ness is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ness is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ness is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ness is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ness is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ness is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Which reminds me of how bad Ricky Stanzi must be. If you can't unseat Matt Cassel and Brady Quinn, you should find a new career.
Hey, even as the third string quarterback that doesn't get to do anything you're still making bank on the bench. Good thing is that at least you aren't exposing yourself to punishment. Might as well ride that train as long as you can.

Quote:
Old 11-01-2012, 04:21 PM    (permalink
Rosebud
All-NFLDC

Rosebud is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rosebud is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rosebud is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rosebud is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rosebud is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rosebud is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rosebud is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rosebud is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rosebud is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rosebud is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rosebud is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Hell yeah, third string QB is one of the best NFL gigs you can find, good pay no long term damage to your body.

BK

Quote:
Originally Posted by AcheTen View Post
JPP is a better and more productive player than Brandon Graham
Quote:
Originally Posted by abaddon41_80 View Post
Is Shaun Hill a top 10 QB? Definitely not. Is he a top 20 one? Almost certainly.
Quote:
Originally Posted by JBCX View Post
Most misleading 10+ sack season EVER.
Rosebud is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-01-2012, 04:23 PM    (permalink
vidae
SWDC Mafia
Legend

Quote:
Yeah, from everything I've heard Stanzi regressed from last year (how? he didn't even play?) and he is barely worthwhile to keep as the third stringer. I doubt any of these QBs are on the team next year tbh.

Old 11-01-2012, 04:47 PM    (permalink
bucfan12
Pro Bowler

bucfan12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bucfan12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bucfan12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bucfan12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bucfan12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bucfan12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bucfan12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bucfan12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bucfan12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bucfan12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bucfan12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Calling it now: Matt Cassel leads the cheifs to victory tonight.
bucfan12 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-01-2012, 04:50 PM    (permalink
Shreckart
Veteran

Shreckart is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Shreckart is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Shreckart is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Shreckart is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Shreckart is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Shreckart is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Shreckart is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Shreckart is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Shreckart is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Shreckart is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Shreckart is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

This will be the first snap of Chiefs football I have watched all season, so all I've seen is how bad the Chiefs are from what your perspectives are and I get that. But my question is how is Mr. Poe playing thus far? Living up to any of the hype at all?
Shreckart is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-01-2012, 04:55 PM    (permalink
vidae
SWDC Mafia
Legend

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shreckart View Post
This will be the first snap of Chiefs football I have watched all season, so all I've seen is how bad the Chiefs are from what your perspectives are and I get that. But my question is how is Mr. Poe playing thus far? Living up to any of the hype at all?
Poe has been good, not great. He has shown that he can play in the NFL though, and his actions on the field have been very encouraging thus far. He isn't close to a completed project though, and I imagine it will take another year for him to really feel comfortable.

The defense as a whole has been playing like dogshit though so it's hard to see it. RAC is just not a good HC/DC type of guy. I wish he would have stayed DC and just focused on that. Ugh.

Old 11-01-2012, 05:10 PM    (permalink
hawkeye123
Veteran

hawkeye123 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.hawkeye123 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.hawkeye123 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.hawkeye123 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.hawkeye123 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.hawkeye123 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.hawkeye123 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.hawkeye123 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.hawkeye123 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.hawkeye123 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.hawkeye123 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Anthony Davis is quietly having a pro bowl year
Old 11-01-2012, 05:15 PM    (permalink
Legacy
Veteran

Legacy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Legacy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Legacy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Legacy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Legacy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Legacy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Legacy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Legacy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Legacy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Legacy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Legacy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Might kill the "It's Always Sunny...." crew, so nay. Maybe just gas those who show up to the stadium?
Last time I checked, that show is filmed in Los Angeles, so there's no conflict there.
Old 11-01-2012, 05:33 PM    (permalink
Smooth Criminal
All-NFLDC

Smooth Criminal is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Smooth Criminal is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Smooth Criminal is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Smooth Criminal is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Smooth Criminal is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Smooth Criminal is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Smooth Criminal is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Smooth Criminal is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Smooth Criminal is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Smooth Criminal is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Smooth Criminal is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Can the Chiefs lead this game at least once? I'm gonna go with yes. SD looks pretty terrible but we'll see if they can show up in what should be their easiest game of the year

Thanks to The Dynasty for the sig
Smooth Criminal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-01-2012, 05:39 PM    (permalink
vidae
SWDC Mafia
Legend

Quote:
Originally Posted by Smooth Criminal View Post
Can the Chiefs lead this game at least once? I'm gonna go with yes. SD looks pretty terrible but we'll see if they can show up in what should be their easiest game of the year
The Chiefs will have a lead at least once this year, but I seriously doubt it will be tonight.

Old 11-01-2012, 05:45 PM    (permalink
NY+Giants=NYG
All-Pro

NY+Giants=NYG is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.NY+Giants=NYG is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.NY+Giants=NYG is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.NY+Giants=NYG is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.NY+Giants=NYG is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.NY+Giants=NYG is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.NY+Giants=NYG is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.NY+Giants=NYG is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.NY+Giants=NYG is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.NY+Giants=NYG is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.NY+Giants=NYG is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I think you guys can get a lead tonight. Just please, for both teams, play well. I would hate to see a 7-6 game or something like that. Give the nation a good show.
NY+Giants=NYG is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-01-2012, 05:56 PM    (permalink
Ness
Legend

Quote:
Originally Posted by hawkeye123 View Post
Anthony Davis is quietly having a pro bowl year
He's been good. The real star has been Alex Boone though. Can't believe we had a Pro Bowl-caliber guard sitting on the bench all last season while Adam Synder and Chilo Rachal were starting at guard.

Quote: