Draft Countdown Forums

Go Back   Draft Countdown Forums > Draft Countdown Forums > 2014 NFL Draft Forum

2014 NFL Draft Forum Discuss the 2014 NFL Draft

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 11-02-2012, 06:26 AM    (permalink
AntoinCD
All-Pro

AntoinCD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.AntoinCD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.AntoinCD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.AntoinCD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.AntoinCD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.AntoinCD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.AntoinCD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.AntoinCD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.AntoinCD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.AntoinCD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.AntoinCD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.
Default Dion Jordan, DE, Oregon

I was actually surprised to look and not find a thread about this guy already. He is exactly the type of player who in my mind can make a huge leap up boards and become a really high pick.

Let's get the particulars out of the way first

6'7 241lbs. #96 for the Ducks and plays OLB for them.

Here's what I have seen from the guy.

He's a freakish athlete. I have seen him lined up at boundary CB at times and really doesn't look lost in man coverage against both WRs and TEs. Let me once again state - 6'7 241lbs!!! He does struggle a little IMO in zone coverage and doesn't break on the ball as fast as you would ideally want. When playing up close in coverage he gets a helluva jam on the receiver at times knocking them way off balance and disrupting timing.

His motor is absolutely amazing. He is never out of a play. He knows how to play down the line of scrimmage to chase down ball carriers before they can get much past the line of scrimmage. He can also set the edge with his long arms.

My biggest issue with Jordan, and it is the one issue that may keep him from going really high, is he is an inconsistent pass rusher. At times he can dip and bend under the OT and get by for the sack. However on way too many occasions I have seen him single blocked by a RB.

I also question his fit at the next level. Does he have the core strength to play down end? I really doubt it unless he really bulks up. He could be a nice fit for a 34 team at OLB who put a lot of value into being able to do more than simply rush the passer. They don't need another OLB but Jordan would fit well in KC for instance, or in New England when they were running their 34 set.

However I think he may be best suited to playing a similar role to Mathias Kiwanuka with the Giants. This guy is a good enough athlete to play LB in a 43. With the growth in usage of multiple TE sets he is strong enough to play in the run game while also athletic enough to disrupt timing and run with TEs.

Overall I would give Jordan a solid late first round grade right now, however I think he will move up by April based on the amount of things he can do well and his freakish size and upside

BoneKrusher killing it with the sig
AntoinCD is offline   Reply With Quote