Draft Countdown Forums

Go Back   Draft Countdown Forums > Draft Countdown Forums > Pro Football

Pro Football Discuss professional football.

Old 11-02-2012, 01:40 PM    (permalink
BeerBaron
Team Leader
Legend

BeerBaron is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BeerBaron is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BeerBaron is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BeerBaron is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BeerBaron is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BeerBaron is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BeerBaron is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BeerBaron is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BeerBaron is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BeerBaron is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BeerBaron is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by njx9 View Post
clady will be resigned for whatever it takes. it's weird how he's a stud when he's blocking for a qb who isn't an idiot.
Or just blocking for an actual NFL QB period.
Old 11-02-2012, 01:41 PM    (permalink
scottyboy
Coolio Cat
Legend

scottyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.scottyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.scottyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.scottyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.scottyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.scottyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.scottyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.scottyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.scottyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.scottyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.scottyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

i like the broncos, but i like njx ranting about the broncos. it's annoying.
Quote:
Originally Posted by PalmerToCJ View Post
BTW, if it's 3rd and 97... I'm throwing a screen pass to Brian Leonard and he will convert.
scottyboy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-02-2012, 01:45 PM    (permalink
Borat
All-NFLDC

Borat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Borat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Borat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Borat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Borat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Borat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Borat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Borat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Borat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Borat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Borat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rob S View Post
I'll buy your ticket to his first home game if you hold a up a sign professing your love for him and drink at least 3 Coors Lights.
Well, that ain't going to happen. You might as well ask him for his liver or maybe just a kidney.

I'm sorry Brian Sabean. I was wrong. I think I might have been right, but you have Scoreboard.
Borat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-02-2012, 02:09 PM    (permalink
NY+Giants=NYG
All-Pro

NY+Giants=NYG is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.NY+Giants=NYG is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.NY+Giants=NYG is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.NY+Giants=NYG is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.NY+Giants=NYG is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.NY+Giants=NYG is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.NY+Giants=NYG is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.NY+Giants=NYG is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.NY+Giants=NYG is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.NY+Giants=NYG is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.NY+Giants=NYG is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ness View Post
Well we are playing Anthony Davis at times, who is also willing to play special teams at this point, something Jacobs is probably not too keen on doing.
Yeah he never played specials for us, however, in college he did. I am sure if someone asked him to so he can see the field and run the ball he would. Right now, it just seems he is wasting away either inactive or active but not getting a single rep. It was a waste of a signing if that's the case. He could be taking the pounding and hits keeping the other Rbs healthier for later in the season.
NY+Giants=NYG is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-02-2012, 02:13 PM    (permalink
BeerBaron
Team Leader
Legend

BeerBaron is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BeerBaron is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BeerBaron is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BeerBaron is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BeerBaron is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BeerBaron is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BeerBaron is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BeerBaron is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BeerBaron is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BeerBaron is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BeerBaron is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

http://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com...-for-steelers/

Everyone ready for a plodding dose of Isaac Redman this weekend?

The Steelers just have so many lousy players that they're inexplicably loyal to. I don't understand it at all.
Old 11-02-2012, 02:23 PM    (permalink
killxswitch
Mage Bros
All-Pro

killxswitch is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.killxswitch is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.killxswitch is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.killxswitch is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.killxswitch is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.killxswitch is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.killxswitch is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.killxswitch is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.killxswitch is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.killxswitch is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.killxswitch is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by BeerBaron View Post
http://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com...-for-steelers/

Everyone ready for a plodding dose of Isaac Redman this weekend?

The Steelers just have so many lousy players that they're inexplicably loyal to. I don't understand it at all.
Are you saying they're loyal because Redman is playing, or because he's on the roster? Because it seems like they don't have any other options since Mendenhall and Dwyer are injured.

i done stole dis sig
killxswitch is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-02-2012, 02:29 PM    (permalink
Vox Populi
Pro Bowler

Vox Populi is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Vox Populi is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Vox Populi is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Vox Populi is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Vox Populi is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Vox Populi is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Vox Populi is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Vox Populi is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Vox Populi is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Vox Populi is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Vox Populi is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

They should have just traded for Jackson. Hes on a 1 year contract and they don't have to bring him back and the Rams get more than the likely nothing that they'll get for him in a few months unless they tag him, which I doubt they'll do, or re-sign him, which I doubt he'll want to do considering how many touches they're giving to Richardson instead of him.
Vox Populi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-02-2012, 02:30 PM    (permalink
BeerBaron
Team Leader
Legend

Quote:
Originally Posted by killxswitch View Post
Are you saying they're loyal because Redman is playing, or because he's on the roster? Because it seems like they don't have any other options since Mendenhall and Dwyer are injured.
Both? He's about as unspectacular as they come and the only offseason addition they made (knowing full well that Mendenhall may not be ready for the start of the season) was a scat back in Rainey.
Old 11-02-2012, 02:44 PM    (permalink
Vox Populi
Pro Bowler

Vox Populi is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Vox Populi is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Vox Populi is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Vox Populi is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Vox Populi is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Vox Populi is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Vox Populi is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Vox Populi is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Vox Populi is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Vox Populi is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Vox Populi is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Both? He's about as unspectacular as they come and the only offseason addition they made (knowing full well that Mendenhall may not be ready for the start of the season) was a scat back in Rainey.
Dwyer has been good, although they didn't know for sure that he would be. I don't think the Steelers had the cap room to justify bringing in any running backs that would have been any better than Redman. They would have been better off getting more depth in their secondary than at running back anyways.
Vox Populi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-02-2012, 03:48 PM    (permalink
Ness
Icon

Ness is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ness is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ness is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ness is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ness is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ness is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ness is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ness is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ness is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ness is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ness is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by NY+Giants=NYG View Post
Yeah he never played specials for us, however, in college he did. I am sure if someone asked him to so he can see the field and run the ball he would. Right now, it just seems he is wasting away either inactive or active but not getting a single rep. It was a waste of a signing if that's the case. He could be taking the pounding and hits keeping the other Rbs healthier for later in the season.
I agree he should have gotten some kind of time by now, but it wasn't certain at the time if Anthony Dixon would make the final roster, until final cuts were made. Dixon ended up making the roster in part because he plays special teams (which is why he's active on gamedays) and because Brandon Jacobs suffered a knee injury in the preseason. So it was a specific certain events that led us to where we are now.

Regardless, the main point is that Jacobs is being pretty unprofessional about voicing his opinion. Using Twitter to imply he doesn't want to be apart of the 49ers organization/whine about playing time isn't doing him any favors. Apparently he saying it wasn't him that said those things now. Whatever.

"Every light must fade, every heart return to darkness!"
-San Francisco 49ers: Five Time Super Bowl Champions-
Quote:
Originally Posted by Borat View Post
Oh, my bad. Didn't realize SWDC was the pinnacle of class and grace.
Ness is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-02-2012, 04:42 PM    (permalink
Smooth Criminal
All-NFLDC

Smooth Criminal is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Smooth Criminal is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Smooth Criminal is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Smooth Criminal is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Smooth Criminal is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Smooth Criminal is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Smooth Criminal is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Smooth Criminal is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Smooth Criminal is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Smooth Criminal is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Smooth Criminal is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Could not be less happy about Redman coming back. I simply can't comprehend him having a roster spot, let alone getting starts.

Can't wait for more 1 yard run, 1 yard run, 3rd and 8 pass.

Thanks to The Dynasty for the sig
Smooth Criminal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-02-2012, 04:44 PM    (permalink
Smooth Criminal
All-NFLDC

Smooth Criminal is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Smooth Criminal is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Smooth Criminal is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Smooth Criminal is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Smooth Criminal is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Smooth Criminal is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Smooth Criminal is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Smooth Criminal is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Smooth Criminal is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Smooth Criminal is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Smooth Criminal is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vox Populi View Post
Dwyer has been good, although they didn't know for sure that he would be. I don't think the Steelers had the cap room to justify bringing in any running backs that would have been any better than Redman. They would have been better off getting more depth in their secondary than at running back anyways.

Several rookie runners would have been better. I'm sure there's Undrafted free agents that would be better. Point is, they didn't even give anyone a real shot.

Same in the secondary. They love Ryan Mundy and didn't bring anyone in to challenge him even though he is horrible.

Thanks to The Dynasty for the sig
Smooth Criminal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-02-2012, 05:16 PM    (permalink
NY+Giants=NYG
All-Pro

NY+Giants=NYG is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.NY+Giants=NYG is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.NY+Giants=NYG is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.NY+Giants=NYG is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.NY+Giants=NYG is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.NY+Giants=NYG is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.NY+Giants=NYG is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.NY+Giants=NYG is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.NY+Giants=NYG is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.NY+Giants=NYG is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.NY+Giants=NYG is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:

Regardless, the main point is that Jacobs is being pretty unprofessional about voicing his opinion. Using Twitter to imply he doesn't want to be apart of the 49ers organization/whine about playing time isn't doing him any favors. Apparently he saying it wasn't him that said those things now. Whatever.
Yeah well that's jacobs. He say what's on his mind. I hated it too! He flipped off the media, and just says stuff. Now, I don't think he is a bad guy, but more of an emotional guy who says things without thinking. We had all types..

Emotional: Jacobs
Conniving: Tiki
Stupid(easy to bait): Shockey

So we had them all, and the media loved baiting Shockey to say things, and listened to Tiki throw Coughlin under the Bus. Jacobs is more of a talk first and then think after.
NY+Giants=NYG is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-02-2012, 05:16 PM    (permalink
Saints-Tigers
Pro Bowler

Saints-Tigers is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Saints-Tigers is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Saints-Tigers is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Saints-Tigers is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Saints-Tigers is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Saints-Tigers is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Saints-Tigers is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Saints-Tigers is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Saints-Tigers is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Saints-Tigers is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Saints-Tigers is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Every team has "that guy" that always seems to be there, with no threat to lose his job. SCOTT SHANLE
Saints-Tigers is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-02-2012, 05:18 PM    (permalink
Saints-Tigers
Pro Bowler

Saints-Tigers is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Saints-Tigers is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Saints-Tigers is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Saints-Tigers is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Saints-Tigers is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Saints-Tigers is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Saints-Tigers is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Saints-Tigers is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Saints-Tigers is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Saints-Tigers is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Saints-Tigers is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Shockey was very well behaved here. The reason I didn't like him was the disproportionate amount of love he got here, considering he was so mediocre. Bitches loved him though, jeeeeez
Saints-Tigers is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-02-2012, 05:21 PM    (permalink
BeerBaron
Team Leader
Legend

Quote:
Originally Posted by Saints-Tigers View Post
Every team has "that guy" that always seems to be there, with no threat to lose his job. SCOTT SHANLE
The Bears had Rashied Davis for-*******-ever and now it's J'Marcus Webb. Guys who just aren't very good and could literally be replaced by most random UDFAs, but the team just doesn't even bring in competition.

The Steelers seem to have it worst though. Redman and Mundy aren't good, have never been good, and will never be good. Guys like Casey Hampton and Larry Foote are still getting meaningful playing time despite being worthless at this point in their careers.
Old 11-02-2012, 05:32 PM    (permalink
vidae
SWDC Mafia
Legend

vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
The Bears had Rashied Davis for-*******-ever and now it's J'Marcus Webb. Guys who just aren't very good and could literally be replaced by most random UDFAs, but the team just doesn't even bring in competition.

The Steelers seem to have it worst though. Redman and Mundy aren't good, have never been good, and will never be good. Guys like Casey Hampton and Larry Foote are still getting meaningful playing time despite being worthless at this point in their careers.
Ours are our QBs!

** RIP themaninblack. You will be missed. **
vidae is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-02-2012, 09:20 PM    (permalink
Don Vito
Team Leader
All-Pro

Don Vito is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Don Vito is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Don Vito is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Don Vito is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Don Vito is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Don Vito is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Don Vito is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Don Vito is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Don Vito is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Don Vito is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Don Vito is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Reminds me of Maroney who was replaced by a UDFA. Two UDFAs actually.

Feed Moncrief
Don Vito is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-02-2012, 10:49 PM    (permalink
Ness
Icon

Ness is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ness is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ness is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ness is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ness is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ness is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ness is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ness is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ness is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ness is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ness is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

49ers had Arnaz Battle for years.

"Every light must fade, every heart return to darkness!"
-San Francisco 49ers: Five Time Super Bowl Champions-
Quote:
Originally Posted by Borat View Post
Oh, my bad. Didn't realize SWDC was the pinnacle of class and grace.

Last edited by Ness : 11-02-2012 at 10:56 PM.
Ness is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-02-2012, 11:05 PM    (permalink
21ST
Pro Bowler

21ST is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.21ST is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.21ST is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.21ST is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.21ST is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.21ST is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.21ST is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.21ST is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.21ST is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.21ST is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.21ST is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I have no clue how Reed Doughty makes the team every year.
Old 11-02-2012, 11:39 PM    (permalink
BeerBaron
Team Leader
Legend

Jason McKie was another back in the day. Ron Turner loved that worthless sack of crap.
Old 11-03-2012, 01:02 AM    (permalink
nobodyinparticular
Hall of Famer
Legend

nobodyinparticular is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nobodyinparticular is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nobodyinparticular is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nobodyinparticular is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nobodyinparticular is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nobodyinparticular is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nobodyinparticular is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nobodyinparticular is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nobodyinparticular is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nobodyinparticular is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nobodyinparticular is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Those were called "Al Davis scholarship players" in Oakland. Alvis Whitted was one of them. Sam Williams was another.

Oldie but a goodie.
nobodyinparticular is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-03-2012, 01:09 AM    (permalink
tjsunstein
Mr. Rodgers' Neighborhood
Icon

tjsunstein is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.tjsunstein is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.tjsunstein is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.tjsunstein is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.tjsunstein is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.tjsunstein is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.tjsunstein is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.tjsunstein is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.tjsunstein is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.tjsunstein is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.tjsunstein is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
AJ Hawk, I'm looking at you.

tjsunstein is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-03-2012, 01:33 AM    (permalink
Rosebud
All-NFLDC

Rosebud is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rosebud is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rosebud is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rosebud is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rosebud is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rosebud is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rosebud is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rosebud is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rosebud is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rosebud is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rosebud is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Chase Bla...oh wait
http://cbsnewyork.files.wordpress.co...-int.jpg?w=300

BK

Quote:
Originally Posted by AcheTen View Post
JPP is a better and more productive player than Brandon Graham
Quote:
Originally Posted by abaddon41_80 View Post
Is Shaun Hill a top 10 QB? Definitely not. Is he a top 20 one? Almost certainly.
Quote:
Originally Posted by JBCX View Post
Most misleading 10+ sack season EVER.
Rosebud is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-03-2012, 08:45 AM    (permalink
abaddon41_80
Pro Bowler

abaddon41_80 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.abaddon41_80 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.abaddon41_80 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.abaddon41_80 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.abaddon41_80 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.abaddon41_80 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.abaddon41_80 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.abaddon41_80 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.abaddon41_80 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.abaddon41_80 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.abaddon41_80 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
49ers had Arnaz Battle for years.
Well that was because Arnaz Battle was awesome.
abaddon41_80 is offline   Reply With Quote