Draft Countdown Forums

Go Back   Draft Countdown Forums > Draft Countdown Forums > Team Boards > Dallas Cowboys Team Forum

Dallas Cowboys Team Forum Discuss America's Team - How 'bout dem Cowboys!

Old 10-31-2012, 01:33 PM    (permalink
LonghornsLegend
Legend

LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by FreshBoy! View Post
Hahaha let it go man. I was just like you a year or two ago.
At some point, if it walks like a duck and quacks like a duck...it's more than likely a duck.

Romo is who we think he is. A good to great QB that can certainly win you some games, but he's also a bad QB that will lose you a few as well. We can blame the receivers, we can blame the OL, we can blame JG, or whatever we want, but these issues have now spanned 3 coaches, various OL changes, various WR changes. There's one constant here....one and one alone.

So quote every stat in the world, how his QBR is through the roof, how his 4th qtr #'s are top 5, how he's the best QB to ever wear a star on his helmet statistically.....That's fine...but at some point, you have to trust your eyes. Your eyes don't lie, he is what he is...and it's getting to the point where it's time to look towards the future.

This sums it up perfectly. I don't need a million stats to tell me the story on Romo, I've read that book plenty of times. I'm somewhere between the Romo haters who blindly blame everything on him, and the other end who don't think anything is his fault and blame everything around him.

After awhile stats become completely meaningless. He threw for 400+ yards last week, that's awesome if your just browsing stats until you find out how many turnovers he had, or that we threw the ball 62 times. Not every INT is his fault, but he's way too careless with the football. At one point he was making a concious effort to do better, now he's trying to hit a home run everytime he drops back.

I'm tired of talking about it honestly, all I want to do is draft a QB in the 1st round not named Landry Jones, and then develop him along the way. I bet we'd see a change in how careless he got with the football.

You guys have to stop passing off ownership. "It's not JG's fault, because Felix is the one who fumbled, Dez is dumb, and the line false starts. He can't do anything about those things, it's the players!" or "it's not Romo's fault look at the route this WR ran, the blocking the line did here, the play-call was this, the situation was that, it's not Romo's fault".

It is what it is guys. I feel like if it were up to some of us here Romo would be here throwing 5 picks a game until he's 39 years old and JG would be coaching the next 10 years all the while we are still losing every close game possible, and leading the NFL in penalties. But at least we'll have the continuity then I guess

Quote:
Originally Posted by Scott Wright View Post
I guarantee that if someone picks Cam Newton in the Top 5 they will regret it.
LonghornsLegend is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-31-2012, 02:55 PM    (permalink
D-Unit
DC Administrator
Legend

D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Interesting poll on ESPN... Who do you trust more? Romo or Garrett?

Where would you vote?

http://espn.go.com/dallas/hot/?id=8574783

I really had to think hard before I came up with my answer... Cause I tried to think of it as who would you keep over the other. You might be surprised, but I honestly chose Romo over Garrett... still unsure about it too, but yeah, I voted to keep Romo over Garrett if I had to decide.
D-Unit is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-31-2012, 03:37 PM    (permalink
LonghornsLegend
Legend

LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

It's much harder to find a QB of Romo's caliber then it is to find a HC of JG's caliber. Romo easily in that situation. JG is so overrated it's not even funny. I hate that it takes some people 4 years to realize what is so blatantly obvious right away. It's not going to change with time.

We all gave him a pass for Arizona last year, and said "well guys he's a new HC, he's going to take those lumps, it's understandable". Then when it happened again in Baltimore a year later, we are still trying to blame the players for not performing. I like to think of myself as a rational guy, and gave JG plenty of passes, but anyone who thinks he is going to get the job done here is fooling themselves IMO.

Quote:
Old 10-31-2012, 03:48 PM    (permalink
D-Unit
DC Administrator
Legend

D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by LonghornsLegend View Post
It's much harder to find a QB of Romo's caliber then it is to find a HC of JG's caliber. Romo easily in that situation. JG is so overrated it's not even funny. I hate that it takes some people 4 years to realize what is so blatantly obvious right away. It's not going to change with time.

We all gave him a pass for Arizona last year, and said "well guys he's a new HC, he's going to take those lumps, it's understandable". Then when it happened again in Baltimore a year later, we are still trying to blame the players for not performing. I like to think of myself as a rational guy, and gave JG plenty of passes, but anyone who thinks he is going to get the job done here is fooling themselves IMO.
I really thought for sure, the ending of the Giants game would end on a clock mismanagement error by Garrett.

What you say is true though. It's easy to see when you think of it that way.
Old 11-03-2012, 05:23 PM    (permalink
FreshBoy!
Veteran

FreshBoy! is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.FreshBoy! is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.FreshBoy! is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.FreshBoy! is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.FreshBoy! is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.FreshBoy! is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.FreshBoy! is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.FreshBoy! is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.FreshBoy! is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.FreshBoy! is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.FreshBoy! is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Thoughts for the Falcon's game?
FreshBoy! is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-03-2012, 05:37 PM    (permalink
D-Unit
DC Administrator
Legend

Quote:
Easy win. We're good at knocking off undefeateds.
Old 11-03-2012, 07:43 PM    (permalink
E-Man
Pro Bowler

E-Man is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.E-Man is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.E-Man is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.E-Man is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.E-Man is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.E-Man is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.E-Man is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.E-Man is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.E-Man is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.E-Man is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.E-Man is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
The Falcons have a ton of momentum coming in, and they're damn good at home. The Cowboys would probably have the best D they've faced though, and I think both corners match up well with their receivers. That's a really tall order though because they're really on the money with picking up big gains. Where the Cowboys can win is by limiting costly mistakes. It's like it's been said plenty of times. They can beat any team in the league, but they kill themselves too much to be a good team that frequently does that. They may pull out a win, but staying consistent after that is tough for a Cowboys team that does dumb **** constantly.

Da riddum is too much for you.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5nKx27QrgO0
E-Man is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-03-2012, 10:02 PM    (permalink
shane_man
Veteran

shane_man is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.shane_man is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.shane_man is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.shane_man is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.shane_man is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.shane_man is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.shane_man is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.shane_man is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.shane_man is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.shane_man is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.shane_man is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by D-Unit
Easy win. We're good at knocking off undefeateds.
We have done it a few times over the years. I think we have knocked the Colts off twice and the Aint's. Should have knocked New England off during their undefeated season as well.

Just back on the subject of Romo. Does anyone have stats for his 4th quarter comebacks where 4 or more is needed for the win or tie? I ask because I'm still quite confident if down by 1 or 2 and we are driving as we need a field goal and Romo only has to put us in position, he's not the person being relied upon to do the scoring. I read an article the other day that the problem with Romo is all subconscious. Because he's undrafted and he's playing for a franchise where the two greatest QB's in franchise history came in as touted superstars of the future. He doesn't have that same confidence to go out and win things. That he's waiting for someone else to do the winning. Hence why I wondered about this particular stat.

The INT's put us in a hole. But at the end of the day barring the Bears game, we have been in winnable positions this year. We lost the Giants game because we needed a TD for the win.(Romo couldn't deliver) We needed a late field goal against the Ravens(Not Romo's fault, but he put us in a position to win where we weren't actually relying on him for the points.)

To me all of this is pertinent and is the difference between Eli/Ben and Romo(and to a lesser extent Brady). Is it fixable. If you believe in Mental therapy and the coaching staff believed this is the problem. I suppose. But I think it's an interesting way to look at QB's who might be drafted by the Cowboys for the next few years. Can we rely on any future franchise signal caller to drive downfield for the Go-ahead TD(not FG)?
Old 11-04-2012, 08:22 AM    (permalink
Trogdor
Pro Bowler

Trogdor is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Trogdor is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Trogdor is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Trogdor is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Trogdor is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Trogdor is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Trogdor is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Trogdor is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Trogdor is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Trogdor is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Trogdor is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Interesting topic for discussion. Sean Payton's deal with the Saints was voided due to GM language (Payton could leave with no penalty if Loomis was suspended, fired, or just resigned). Funny that it included specific language for suspension considering a GM had never previously been suspended by the NFL. Something was afoot here.

Multiple places are reporting he could be interested in taking his talents elsewhere.Popular pick is... you guessed it: Dallas. If Sean Payton does indeed leave the Saints how fast would you send Garrett packing?
Trogdor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-04-2012, 10:22 AM    (permalink
FreshBoy!
Veteran

FreshBoy! is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.FreshBoy! is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.FreshBoy! is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.FreshBoy! is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.FreshBoy! is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.FreshBoy! is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.FreshBoy! is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.FreshBoy! is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.FreshBoy! is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.FreshBoy! is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.FreshBoy! is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Payton to Dallas?
Good lord I'd be giddy if that happened.

Won't happen though.
FreshBoy! is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-04-2012, 11:20 AM    (permalink
D-Unit
DC Administrator
Legend

Quote:
Originally Posted by Trogdor View Post
Interesting topic for discussion. Sean Payton's deal with the Saints was voided due to GM language (Payton could leave with no penalty if Loomis was suspended, fired, or just resigned). Funny that it included specific language for suspension considering a GM had never previously been suspended by the NFL. Something was afoot here.

Multiple places are reporting he could be interested in taking his talents elsewhere.Popular pick is... you guessed it: Dallas. If Sean Payton does indeed leave the Saints how fast would you send Garrett packing?
I'd fire Garrett today and make Dallas look like a place that needs a new HC.
Old 11-04-2012, 12:12 PM    (permalink
LonghornsLegend
Legend

So Dez may not play, even if he does when he doesn't practice it usually doesn't end well. This is a week when we really needed all our weapons to score some points.

Quote:
Old 11-04-2012, 12:18 PM    (permalink
D-Unit
DC Administrator
Legend

Quote:
Originally Posted by LonghornsLegend View Post
So Dez may not play, even if he does when he doesn't practice it usually doesn't end well. This is a week when we really needed all our weapons to score some points.
If Dez doesn't play, I'm not liking our chances nearly as much.
Old 11-04-2012, 07:35 PM    (permalink
LonghornsLegend
Legend

Don't know how long I've been wanting Harris on punt returns and what do ya know. He provides some big plays too and he's a natural back there, very secure with the football. Leave him there from now on.

Quote:
Old 11-04-2012, 07:51 PM    (permalink
E-Man
Pro Bowler

E-Man is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.E-Man is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.E-Man is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.E-Man is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.E-Man is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.E-Man is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.E-Man is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.E-Man is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.E-Man is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.E-Man is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.E-Man is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Bruce Carter is the man!

Old 11-04-2012, 09:23 PM    (permalink
LonghornsLegend
Legend

Well Dez must really be hurt, because Dunta has been on him all game and he can't cover anybody. He's giving up automatic 5 yard gains every time and we haven't tried to take advantage of one I don't think.

Quote:
Old 11-04-2012, 09:36 PM    (permalink
Trogdor
Pro Bowler

Trogdor is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Trogdor is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Trogdor is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Trogdor is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Trogdor is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Trogdor is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Trogdor is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Trogdor is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Trogdor is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Trogdor is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Trogdor is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Samuels has been on him too. Anytime someone is lined up across from Asante we should do a WR screen. It's a free 5 yards and a chance at a big play since he can't tackle. No reason to challenge him deep when he's giving a 10 yard cushion.

And the referees are screwing us again. The illegal contact on Carr when Gonzo pushed off was absurd. As was the Livings "hold" when the defender stumbles and Livings fell on him. Not even close to being a hold.
Old 11-04-2012, 09:38 PM    (permalink
LonghornsLegend
Legend

It would be nice if we could win at least one game like this, just once..

Quote:
Old 11-04-2012, 09:49 PM    (permalink
Trogdor
Pro Bowler

Bruce Carter is amazing. Gerald Sensabaugh is a JAG. We need a playmaking safety in the worst way.
Old 11-04-2012, 09:54 PM    (permalink
LonghornsLegend
Legend

Quote:
Originally Posted by Trogdor View Post
Bruce Carter is amazing. Gerald Sensabaugh is a JAG. We need a playmaking safety in the worst way.
We really do. The McCray tackle attempt on Turner was pathetic. I don't care if it's an in the box, center fielder, SS or FS, we need somebody back there who can make plays and direct traffic. With the CB's we have a ball hawking FS could make a living off of turnovers here.

Quote:
Old 11-04-2012, 09:56 PM    (permalink
E-Man
Pro Bowler

It's painfully obvious they need a difference maker at safety. Julio Jones and Roddy White are beasts, but man there's no inside presence at all there.

Old 11-04-2012, 10:04 PM    (permalink
Trogdor
Pro Bowler

We need to just run no-huddle offense. Romo looks like a conductor out there and our offense just works. We huddle and give Garrett a chance to screw up.
Old 11-04-2012, 10:08 PM    (permalink
Trogdor
Pro Bowler

Nice job Scandrick. That was almost as lazy as McCray tackling someone.
Old 11-04-2012, 10:12 PM    (permalink
E-Man
Pro Bowler

Scandrick just screwed the pooch twice. What a dumb ass.

Old 11-04-2012, 10:13 PM    (permalink
pocketaces
Pro Bowler

pocketaces is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.pocketaces is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.pocketaces is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.pocketaces is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.pocketaces is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.pocketaces is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.pocketaces is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.pocketaces is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.pocketaces is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.pocketaces is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.pocketaces is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Dumb team, SOS different day

The greastest team of all time...The OKLAHOMA SOONERS!!! http://sports.espn.go.com/ncf/news/story?id=3849468
pocketaces is offline   Reply With Quote