Draft Countdown Forums

Go Back   Draft Countdown Forums > Draft Countdown Forums > Team Boards > Tennessee Titans Team Forum

Tennessee Titans Team Forum Discuss the Titans

Old 10-28-2012, 08:18 PM    (permalink
TitanHope
Website Contributor
All-NFLDC

TitanHope is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitanHope is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitanHope is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitanHope is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitanHope is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitanHope is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitanHope is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitanHope is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitanHope is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitanHope is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitanHope is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Alex View Post
I need one of you guys to post my picks for the Week 9 thread. I'm right on the bay up in Maryland and I'm going to be absolutely devastated by the hurricane. What I'm thinking is that I'll PM you the picks tonight, with a bunch of stipulations, so you know which one to post. For instance, I may say:

Steelers @ Giants - Steelers if Polamalu is healthy, Giants if he looks doubtful.

Make sense? Got any volunteers?
I'll do 'em for ya, if you haven't found someone yet.

[@TDWinstead]
Quote:
Originally Posted by MichaelJordanEberle (sabf) View Post
Damn Ke$ha is sexy.
TitanHope is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-28-2012, 09:04 PM    (permalink
Bobo
Veteran

Bobo is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bobo is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bobo is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bobo is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bobo is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bobo is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bobo is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bobo is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bobo is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bobo is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bobo is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pit Bull #53 View Post
Blame missed plays.

McCarthy drops a pick that hits him in the numbers.

Hasselbeck completely misses an open Cook for a TD.

Defensive offsides negating a turnover.

Bironas missed FG.

The refs certainly didnt help. The OPI's seemed iffy, bogus hands to the face call on Ayers. Blowing forward progress stopped on a potential turnover, making it unreviewable.
Yeah I feel what's most frustrating is they did kinda give his away. Nothing else went our way, but it's hard to point fingers when they failed so much themselves.

Oh well, better draft position right? Not like this team is a real contender right now anyway.
Bobo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-28-2012, 09:18 PM    (permalink
TitanHope
Website Contributor
All-NFLDC

TitanHope is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitanHope is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitanHope is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitanHope is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitanHope is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitanHope is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitanHope is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitanHope is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitanHope is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitanHope is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitanHope is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

We're going to be desperate for our draft pick this year, it seems. And not only for the 1st, but for the early 2nd RD'er as well. I think it has to be DL or bust in the 1st, unless they think there's a CB who could be better than McCourty available or they believe Eric Reid to be a Top 10 SS prospect. I don't think I'm for a trade back. We need quality desperately, and the supreme defensive talent should all go in the first half of the 1st RD. Then in the 2nd, go OG, S, or DE if we didn't take one in the 1st.

It's nice to see some individual players playing well, despite the overall team's caliber. Akeem Ayers finally got set loose today, and it ended up a sack, a near sack, and other pressures. CJ had 99 yards at 4.7 YPC, and has run for 385 yards over the past 3 games. Morgan played great, nabbed .5 sacks, and I think has shown to be our best DE. McCourty was solid, and he was able to set Griffin up with an INT by cutting off Reggie Wayne's route. Griff also blocked the field goal, which was huge. Kendall Wright had that amazing TD catch. And I'm glad Zach Brown got the start at WLB, especially since he was drafted to match up with the Colts' rookie TE's.

[@TDWinstead]
Quote:
Damn Ke$ha is sexy.
Old 10-28-2012, 09:45 PM    (permalink
Bobo
Veteran

Bobo is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bobo is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bobo is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bobo is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bobo is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bobo is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bobo is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bobo is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bobo is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bobo is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bobo is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by TitanHope View Post
It's nice to see some individual players playing well, despite the overall team's caliber. Akeem Ayers finally got set loose today, and it ended up a sack, a near sack, and other pressures. CJ had 99 yards at 4.7 YPC, and has run for 385 yards over the past 3 games. Morgan played great, nabbed .5 sacks, and I think has shown to be our best DE. McCourty was solid, and he was able to set Griffin up with an INT by cutting off Reggie Wayne's route. Griff also blocked the field goal, which was huge. Kendall Wright had that amazing TD catch. And I'm glad Zach Brown got the start at WLB, especially since he was drafted to match up with the Colts' rookie TE's.
It is nice to see that we should have some pieces to the overall puzzle. If Jake turns out solid, then the O looks good if we do some upgrading on the o-line. RB, WR, TE's all look set. Of course a FB upgrade could help, but it's not a big necessity. Otoh, the O needs to play up to their potential, and I wonder how much coaching is holding us back.

The D is definitely taking a step back. We have some solid players, but not a single proven difference maker. I'm with you, d-line is likely going to be the biggest need come draft day (and/or with whatever we can get in FA). Only Casey and Morgan look like adequate starters right now, neither a playmaker though. We aren't getting enough pressure and being 28th against the run must improve.
Old 10-28-2012, 09:54 PM    (permalink
Pit Bull #53
Team Leader
All-Pro

Pit Bull #53 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Pit Bull #53 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Pit Bull #53 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Pit Bull #53 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Pit Bull #53 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Pit Bull #53 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Pit Bull #53 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Pit Bull #53 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Pit Bull #53 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Pit Bull #53 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Pit Bull #53 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I think a DT who can collapse the pocket would be just as, if not more valuable than a DE. Would probably help against the run as well. I also think a playmaking SS could be huge for us with the positions we put them in.

Was good to finally see us let Ayers rush more than a couple times, and do it off the edge. He woulda had 2 sacks if Luck weren't so damn hard to get down. I swear his knee was 3 inches from the ground.
Pit Bull #53 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-28-2012, 09:57 PM    (permalink
Pit Bull #53
Team Leader
All-Pro

Pit Bull #53 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Pit Bull #53 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Pit Bull #53 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Pit Bull #53 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Pit Bull #53 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Pit Bull #53 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Pit Bull #53 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Pit Bull #53 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Pit Bull #53 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Pit Bull #53 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Pit Bull #53 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Casey hasn't been as effective since his injury in my opinion.
Old 10-28-2012, 10:34 PM    (permalink
CashmoneyDrew
Icon

CashmoneyDrew is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CashmoneyDrew is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CashmoneyDrew is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CashmoneyDrew is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CashmoneyDrew is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CashmoneyDrew is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CashmoneyDrew is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CashmoneyDrew is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CashmoneyDrew is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CashmoneyDrew is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CashmoneyDrew is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I'm hoping for something like Werner in the 1st and Elam in the second. That would be grrrrrrreeeat!

And why the hell can Matthew not hit a damn open receiver deep over the middle to save his life? Always overthrowing bitches and ****.
Old 10-28-2012, 10:35 PM    (permalink
The Alex
Pro Bowler

The Alex is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.The Alex is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.The Alex is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.The Alex is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.The Alex is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.The Alex is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.The Alex is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.The Alex is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.The Alex is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.The Alex is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.The Alex is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
I'll do 'em for ya, if you haven't found someone yet.
Alright, I'll send them over later tonight.

Quote:
Originally Posted by phlysac View Post
I heard that Sylvester Stallone wrote The Expendables with The Alex in mind. He had to keep it realistic though and split The Alex's abilities into multiple characters. Stallone thought that critics would pan it for being too far-fetched if he just had one character effing everyone up.
The end. Cut to black. Audience goes ****ing ape****.
The Alex is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-28-2012, 11:33 PM    (permalink
Complex
All-Pro

Complex is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Complex is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Complex is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Complex is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Complex is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Complex is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Complex is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Complex is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Complex is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Complex is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Complex is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Mouton still sucks, how is he our nickel back?
Old 10-28-2012, 11:53 PM    (permalink
Bobo
Veteran

Quote:
Casey hasn't been as effective since his injury in my opinion.
I've thought that too. Elbow and shoulder injury and he just doesn't look as effective. He and Martin look to be keepers though, we just it'd be nice to have a beast to pair with them.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Complex View Post
Mouton still sucks, how is he our nickel back?
Well they have an excuse with Campbell being injured, but they drafted Coty fairly high. I want to see him on the field more. I hope we don't wait till we are totally out of the playoff picture to make more benching decisions...don't follow the Fisher method there Munch.
Old 10-29-2012, 11:47 AM    (permalink
CashmoneyDrew
Icon

CashmoneyDrew is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CashmoneyDrew is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CashmoneyDrew is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CashmoneyDrew is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CashmoneyDrew is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CashmoneyDrew is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CashmoneyDrew is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CashmoneyDrew is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CashmoneyDrew is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CashmoneyDrew is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CashmoneyDrew is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Jared Cook is asking for a trade apparently. Ugh.
Can't say I blame him though. Apparently he's been used like 50%of our offensive plays this season. I'd be frustrated a well.
Old 10-29-2012, 12:09 PM    (permalink
Pit Bull #53
Team Leader
All-Pro

God damnit. I hate football this year, between college and the pros. If we let Cook get away, watch, he'll go to a team with a REAL QB and offensive staff, put up 1000 yard seasons, and make our stafff and FO look like a bunch of buffoons.
Old 10-29-2012, 01:34 PM    (permalink
Bobo
Veteran

Quote:
God damnit. I hate football this year, between college and the pros. If we let Cook get away, watch, he'll go to a team with a REAL QB and offensive staff, put up 1000 yard seasons, and make our stafff and FO look like a bunch of buffoons.
In a pass happy O with a good QB, there's no reason he wouldn't put up top #'s. I wonder if his blocking would limit him for some teams though (btw has anyone noticed Thompson looks like a pretty good blocker?).

Like Drew said though, I can't blame him. Interesting position for the Titans though. Stevens has always been underutilized as a pass catcher imo. He can get it done. They probably feel the need to put Thompson out there in the role the drafted him for. Can they possibly get something worthy in a trade?

Next year I can see him asking for big money and not wanting to resign here. Is he a RFA?
Old 10-29-2012, 07:43 PM    (permalink
Pit Bull #53
Team Leader
All-Pro

So on TWO different occasions yesterday we only had ten men on the field, both occurring during Indy's game tying drive, and one being on the 4th down conversion.
Old 10-29-2012, 07:44 PM    (permalink
CashmoneyDrew
Icon

And on one play we only had nine....
Old 10-29-2012, 09:35 PM    (permalink
TitanHope
Website Contributor
All-NFLDC

You wait til the day before the trade deadline to put in a trade request (although it has been extended)? I think it's just Cookie's agent's way of saying to involve him more, or he is 100% gone this offseason. And he's right, but then again, Cook isn't a great blocker, and with Palmer's option-route offense, some players get it (Britt, Wright) and some struggle (Damian Williams). Perhaps Cook doesn't 100% get it?

We're fortunate to only really have two priority FA's, but unfortunately, both are prime tag candidates. Bironas hasn't been his usual self, and kickers can go downhill fast, but he'll still demand a high contract for a kicker. Cook entered the season hoping to have a breakout season, and though he's having a career year, he's still unhappy. The FO has a recently extended Craig Stevens and drafted a high potential project with Taylor Thompson. Cookie could be a hard re-sign, so perhaps tagging him until Thompson is entering season 3, when he'll be ready for full game time, will be a route they'll prefer.

[@TDWinstead]
Quote:
Damn Ke$ha is sexy.
Old 10-29-2012, 11:12 PM    (permalink
Bobo
Veteran

Is it Gray's job to get the right players in the game? I figured it'd be an assistant or something. Either way, it's unacceptable to be shorthanded especially during crunch time.

Quote:
The FO has a recently extended Craig Stevens and drafted a high potential project with Taylor Thompson. Cookie could be a hard re-sign, so perhaps tagging him until Thompson is entering season 3, when he'll be ready for full game time, will be a route they'll prefer.
That approach makes sense. But I wonder how the new GM will play things. If he's draft pick hungry, maybe he's willing to hear what is out there for Cook. But I wonder what kinda market is out there for Cookie. I think it has to be an offense geared towards the passing game with a good QB. If it's a "now" type move for a team, you're looking at teams in the hunt. And of course that teams current TE group weighs in to it too. I'm too lazy to look it up and wonder what teams fit the bill, but if I had to guess, I'd guess the market is not tripping over itself to get Cook.
Old 11-02-2012, 12:42 PM    (permalink
mightytitan9
Pro Bowler

mightytitan9 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.mightytitan9 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.mightytitan9 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.mightytitan9 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.mightytitan9 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.mightytitan9 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.mightytitan9 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.mightytitan9 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.mightytitan9 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.mightytitan9 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.mightytitan9 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Want to hear something pathetic? The Titans are giving up 72% completion percentage to opposing QBs (next highest is 68%) and we are one of 4 teams to give up a QB rating of over 100 to opposing QBs.

Something needs to be done with the defense!
mightytitan9 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-02-2012, 03:25 PM    (permalink
CashmoneyDrew
Icon

That's what happens when the QB has all day to throw.
Old 11-02-2012, 06:43 PM    (permalink
mightytitan9
Pro Bowler

mightytitan9 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.mightytitan9 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.mightytitan9 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.mightytitan9 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.mightytitan9 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.mightytitan9 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.mightytitan9 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.mightytitan9 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.mightytitan9 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.mightytitan9 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.mightytitan9 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Just pitiful. I like Munch, I really do, but this teams coaching is just horrible.

Anybody thinking we'll make changes to the coaching staff, or is Munch guaranteed another year?

I'd be ok keeping Munch if we get new OC and DC
mightytitan9 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-02-2012, 08:34 PM    (permalink
Bobo
Veteran

We need more talent, but this coaching staff is not a strength imo. I think we need to explore OC and DC options. I don't think it's easy to assemble an elite coaching staff, but many of us were meh about these guys to begin with.
Old 11-03-2012, 12:58 PM    (permalink
MicktheGreat
Veteran

MicktheGreat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MicktheGreat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MicktheGreat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MicktheGreat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MicktheGreat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MicktheGreat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MicktheGreat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MicktheGreat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MicktheGreat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MicktheGreat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MicktheGreat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by mightytitan9 View Post
Just pitiful. I like Munch, I really do, but this teams coaching is just horrible.

Anybody thinking we'll make changes to the coaching staff, or is Munch guaranteed another year?

I'd be ok keeping Munch if we get new OC and DC
I'd be pretty shocked if Bud replaces Munch prior to his contract expiring -- even though Munch doesn't really strike me as head-coach material. I don't think you necessarily have to be a fiery personality to succeed as in the HC spot; but Munch seems TOO laid-back. We need him to get fired up a little more often and get in some folks' faces when they miss blocks, miss tackles, get stupid penalties, etc.

Gray is as good as gone after this season. The DEF this year has been so bad that it's on-pace to be one of the worst DEFs in the history of the NFL in some categories. That's inexcusable, given some of the talent that we have on DEF. At some point, the shoddy tackling, play-calling predictability, lack of a pass-rush, etc. has to fall at the feet of the DC for failing to adapt the scheme to improve some of these aspects. (If the 4-man pass rush isn't working, then call more blitzes. If that super soft-zone isn't keeping us from giving up TDs, then mix man-coverage and zone-coverage more often. No...it's not necessarily "easy" to gameplan for today's opposing NFL offenses, but it isn't rocket-science either.)

Palmer has been better than Gray this season; but he's still inconsistent. It seems like he's a bit too "cute" sometimes in his play-calling, and he's sometimes too quick to give up on the run in favor of letting Locker (in particular) toss the ball all over the place, which doesn't seem to play to Locker's strengths necessarily. (He's more like McNair than Manning, in my opinion. He needs a better balance of run-pass playcalling to succeed. With more balance, he'd be a play-action nightmare for DEFs.)

Even Lowry, who has been the best of the coordinators THIS year, hasn't been great over the course of his career. After all, just a couple years ago, we were all calling for him to be replaced too. Just goes to show that all of our coaches could be improved upon. Maybe the blame lies with Bud in the end?
MicktheGreat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-03-2012, 10:59 PM    (permalink
Pit Bull #53
Team Leader
All-Pro

Am I the only one who hates all these mocks with us taking Sam Montgomery? I mean, obviously I could be wrong here as it's hard to know exactly how a guy will pan out in the NFL, but I don't see this guy as a true edge threat or a top 10 caliber talent. Ive watched this kid in several games this year and I'm wondering what people are seeing that they keep putting him top 5. Does anyone really think he would be any better than Morgan and Wimbley. IMO it would just logjam who gets the majority of the snaps without upgrading the position at all.
Old 11-03-2012, 11:05 PM    (permalink
CashmoneyDrew
Icon

No, I'm in agreement with you. His skillset almost reminds me of Derrick Morgan. More of a run stopper than a guy who actually gets after the QB consistently and finishes. I don't see a lot of upside.
Old 11-03-2012, 11:31 PM    (permalink
MicktheGreat
Veteran

MicktheGreat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MicktheGreat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MicktheGreat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MicktheGreat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MicktheGreat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MicktheGreat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MicktheGreat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MicktheGreat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MicktheGreat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MicktheGreat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MicktheGreat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Am I the only one who hates all these mocks with us taking Sam Montgomery? I mean, obviously I could be wrong here as it's hard to know exactly how a guy will pan out in the NFL, but I don't see this guy as a true edge threat or a top 10 caliber talent. Ive watched this kid in several games this year and I'm wondering what people are seeing that they keep putting him top 5. Does anyone really think he would be any better than Morgan and Wimbley. IMO it would just logjam who gets the majority of the snaps without upgrading the position at all.
I don't hate the Montgomery pick. I don't love it, but I don't hate it either. From what I've seen of the guy, he seems pretty good -- though he's not as "flashy" as Mingo. But yeah...I wonder if we really need another "solid/good" DE or if we should take more of a boom/bust type player at that position. I'm of two minds about it.

Personally, the players I'm most interested in as impact DEF players are DT Star Lotulelei and/or LB Manti Te'o. Star seems like a Big Al type DT, with potential against the run and the pass; and he'd give us a very talented trio with him, Martin, & Casey moving forward. If Star's gone by our pick (which is very likely), I also like the idea of drafting Te'o, moving him to our strongside LB spot, and moving Ayers to more of a DE/OLB pass-rush role. (After all, Ayers' best characteristic coming out of college was his pass-rushing and we never put him in a position to do that in our scheme with him just at OLB.)

I guess what I'm trying to say is that I wouldn't necessarily be disappointed with Montgomery; but I'd prefer for us to take a true "impact" DEF player, regardless of position (e.g. Star or Manti) because that's what we seem to really be missing right now. We've got lots of "good" players...now we need some difference makers.
MicktheGreat is offline   Reply With Quote