Draft Countdown Forums

Go Back   Draft Countdown Forums > Draft Countdown Forums > Team Boards > Kansas City Chiefs Team Forum

Kansas City Chiefs Team Forum Discuss the Chiefs

Old 11-04-2012, 09:03 AM    (permalink
TheMatriculator
Veteran

TheMatriculator is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TheMatriculator is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TheMatriculator is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TheMatriculator is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TheMatriculator is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TheMatriculator is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TheMatriculator is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TheMatriculator is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TheMatriculator is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TheMatriculator is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TheMatriculator is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by vidae View Post
Yep. The only possible position we can pick in the first is QB. Period. No other position matters when you don't have your franchise guy. It really is that simple.
Heck, we not only don't have a franchise guy, we don't even have a game manager guy. Cassel is damaged beyond repair. He has no confidence in himself and the team has no confidence in him. A new QB is job one.
TheMatriculator is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-04-2012, 09:08 AM    (permalink
vidae
SWDC Mafia
Legend

vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheMatriculator View Post
Heck, we not only don't have a franchise guy, we don't even have a game manager guy. Cassel is damaged beyond repair. He has no confidence in himself and the team has no confidence in him. A new QB is job one.
Yeah. We need a few new QBs actually, haha. I want to draft two and sign a veteran guy off the street. I don't want any of these QBs on the roster now to make it to next year. I have never seen a shittier group of QBs than this one. None of them deserve to be on an NFL roster.

Geno, Barkley, or Tyler Wilson in the first, someone that falls in the 4th or 5th. And then grab some veteran guy.

** RIP themaninblack. You will be missed. **
vidae is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-04-2012, 01:51 PM    (permalink
bored of education
DC Creeper
Icon

bored of education is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bored of education is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bored of education is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bored of education is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bored of education is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bored of education is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bored of education is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bored of education is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bored of education is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bored of education is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bored of education is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

The Chiefs need a QB then CB/S/ILB/DE. I like what I saw from Barkley last night but still dont think he projects as well as Wilson and Smith at the next level.
<+ScottWright> Why not. Baldwin does need a sparring partner...
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hermstheman83 View Post
What's with the hate on Ricky Stanzi? Those youtube clips of him with the hulk hogan theme music instantly make him better than Luck.
bored of education is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-04-2012, 01:57 PM    (permalink
bored of education
DC Creeper
Icon

bored of education is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bored of education is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bored of education is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bored of education is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bored of education is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bored of education is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bored of education is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bored of education is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bored of education is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bored of education is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bored of education is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

WR is an position where there are a lot of guys I like in the 2-3rd range too. If Bowe leaves you still have under contract Baldwin, Breaston, Wylie - some guys to keep an eye on at WR are:

Aaron Dobson, Cobi Hamilton, Quinton Patton, Conner Vernon, Aaron Mellette, Tavares King, Chris Harper, Marcus Davis, Marques Wilson, Kenny Stills

Some CBs to watch for:
Xavier Rhodes, Desmond Trufant, Jordan Poyer, Leon McFadden
Quote:
What's with the hate on Ricky Stanzi? Those youtube clips of him with the hulk hogan theme music instantly make him better than Luck.
Old 11-04-2012, 02:00 PM    (permalink
bored of education
DC Creeper
Icon

5 Tech is another position of concern. I really think Powe is an NT, and the CHiefs may think Poe could be DE in the future. YOu have Bailey, re-sign Ropati, Dorsey FA and T Jax due 14 plus million.

I really like Sharrif Floyd and Sheldon Richardson as 2nd round guys maybe third. Malliciah Goodman is a guy to look for around rounds 3-4.

I like the ILB depth in this class and I will address that later
Quote:
Old 11-04-2012, 03:30 PM    (permalink
villagewarrior
Pro Bowler

villagewarrior is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.villagewarrior is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.villagewarrior is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.villagewarrior is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.villagewarrior is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.villagewarrior is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.villagewarrior is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.villagewarrior is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.villagewarrior is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.villagewarrior is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.villagewarrior is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.
Angry

Quote:
Originally Posted by bored of education View Post
5 Tech is another position of concern. I really think Powe is an NT, and the CHiefs may think Poe could be DE in the future. YOu have Bailey, re-sign Ropati, Dorsey FA and T Jax due 14 plus million.

I really like Sharrif Floyd and Sheldon Richardson as 2nd round guys maybe third. Malliciah Goodman is a guy to look for around rounds 3-4.

As well as Sheldon Richardson is playing I'd be shocked if he didn't go round 1. I think resigning Ropati will be a key, he's been a stud so far.
villagewarrior is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-04-2012, 03:34 PM    (permalink
vidae
SWDC Mafia
Legend

vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I'm a fan of Cobi Hamilton. Wouldn't be mad to see him here in KC in the second or third.

Old 11-07-2012, 09:00 AM    (permalink
villagewarrior
Pro Bowler

villagewarrior is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.villagewarrior is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.villagewarrior is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.villagewarrior is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.villagewarrior is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.villagewarrior is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.villagewarrior is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.villagewarrior is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.villagewarrior is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.villagewarrior is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.villagewarrior is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
I'm a fan of Cobi Hamilton. Wouldn't be mad to see him here in KC in the second or third.
Absolutely.

Speaking of Arkansas, I've been watching as much film on Youtube that I can find of Tyler Wilson and Geno Smith, and I'm ready to say Geno would be a nice consolation prize if the Chiefs somehow don't pick 1st overall. However, I think Wilson should be the guy at number 1. I think he's plenty big enough, he's got enough arm and confidence in it, I love the gunslinger mentality, but what I really like about his game opposed to Geno is Wilson's poise in the pocket. He will stay there and deliver the ball even if it means he will take a shot. He's tough and a leader.

I'm not concerned with the teams struggles this year. They lost a lot of talent and then their coach was revealed as a deplorable human being. My only real concern is the concussion that he had earlier, but if the doctors say he's good to go than sign me up on the Tyler Wilson bandwagon.

Especially if we can hitch Cobi Hamilton along for the ride. Kids a playmaker.
Old 11-07-2012, 10:25 AM    (permalink
vidae
SWDC Mafia
Legend

Check my sig. I love Tyler Wilson. I've been talking with TACKLE and yfs a lot about him, and they agree: he'll have the best workout this offseason. He has the arm, the poise, everything you want out of a QB. I would be more than happy at taking him #1 overall. I WANT him #1 over Geno and Barkley. He could easily be the best QB from this class.

Old 11-08-2012, 11:35 PM    (permalink
T-RICH49
All-NFLDC

T-RICH49 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.T-RICH49 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.T-RICH49 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.T-RICH49 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.T-RICH49 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.T-RICH49 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.T-RICH49 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.T-RICH49 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.T-RICH49 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.T-RICH49 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.T-RICH49 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

man why could'nt the Chiefs suck for a QB last year?we might have Luck or RG3 right now
Old 11-09-2012, 06:27 AM    (permalink
onejayhawk
Veteran

onejayhawk is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.onejayhawk is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.onejayhawk is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.onejayhawk is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.onejayhawk is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.onejayhawk is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.onejayhawk is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.onejayhawk is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.onejayhawk is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.onejayhawk is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.onejayhawk is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:

I would be comfortable starting Poe and Bailey. A second day player would not be a bad idea.

J

Ad Super Bowl per Aspera
onejayhawk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-09-2012, 06:31 AM    (permalink
King Carls 5 Year Plan
Veteran

King Carls 5 Year Plan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.King Carls 5 Year Plan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.King Carls 5 Year Plan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.King Carls 5 Year Plan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.King Carls 5 Year Plan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.King Carls 5 Year Plan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.King Carls 5 Year Plan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.King Carls 5 Year Plan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.King Carls 5 Year Plan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.King Carls 5 Year Plan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.King Carls 5 Year Plan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by T-RICH49 View Post
man why could'nt the Chiefs suck for a QB last year?we might have Luck or RG3 right now

better coaching? accountability?
King Carls 5 Year Plan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-10-2012, 03:55 PM    (permalink
villagewarrior
Pro Bowler

After watching Tennessee-Missouri I'm even more angry the Chiefs didn't wind up with Luck or RG3 last year because I want Cordarelle Patterson. Maybe he'll stick around and the Chiefs will have a shot next year.
Old 11-20-2012, 03:46 AM    (permalink
KCStud
Rookie

KCStud is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.KCStud is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.KCStud is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.KCStud is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.KCStud is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.KCStud is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.KCStud is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.KCStud is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.KCStud is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.KCStud is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.KCStud is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

This franchise needs to fix 2 things on the field and we'll be good:

1. QB
2. DL

Those are the 2 things you need to win in the NFL. Look no further then the NY Giants for proof.

It's freaking embarassing when we spend 3 top 11 draft picks on DL and the freaking Broncos trade down and get a guy who is producing.

Get a guy who is proven. It's not that hard. Wolfe was very proven and he would have been a monster 3-4 DE. Geez King Carl and Pioli can't see this.

JUST DRAFT A QB DAMNIT!!!
KCStud is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-20-2012, 08:31 AM    (permalink
villagewarrior
Pro Bowler

I've actually been impressed with Poe thus far, and I was one of his largest critics in April. He hasn't made many plays just yet, but I always seem him pushing offensive linemen around and that's a good sign. Just as a comparison, I still see Tyson Jackson getting driven off the ball in this his 4th season. I don't see any of that with Poe.
Old 11-20-2012, 09:08 AM    (permalink
Splat
Legend

Splat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Splat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Splat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Splat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Splat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Splat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Splat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Splat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Splat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Splat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Splat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Ya, I have really liked what I have seen from Poe the last two weeks.
Old 11-20-2012, 09:09 AM    (permalink
vidae
SWDC Mafia
Legend

Poe has really played well all year. He got off to a shaky start, but he has shown flashes in every game. He looks like he will be a really good one for years, which is nice because the rest of our DL is hot garbage.

Old 11-23-2012, 10:02 PM    (permalink
T-RICH49
All-NFLDC

T-RICH49 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.T-RICH49 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.T-RICH49 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.T-RICH49 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.T-RICH49 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.T-RICH49 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.T-RICH49 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.T-RICH49 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.T-RICH49 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.T-RICH49 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.T-RICH49 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I heard KC was at the WVU/ISU game today...does not take a rocket scientist to know who they were there for
Old 11-23-2012, 10:09 PM    (permalink
TonyGfortheTD
Veteran

TonyGfortheTD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TonyGfortheTD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TonyGfortheTD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TonyGfortheTD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TonyGfortheTD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TonyGfortheTD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TonyGfortheTD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TonyGfortheTD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TonyGfortheTD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TonyGfortheTD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TonyGfortheTD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Poe has really played well all year. He got off to a shaky start, but he has shown flashes in every game. He looks like he will be a really good one for years, which is nice because the rest of our DL is hot garbage.
Poe has definitely done better than I expected he would as a rookie.

Like I said then and although it's still early, right now I'm glad that I'm wrong.
Old 12-24-2012, 07:30 AM    (permalink
bored of education
DC Creeper
Icon

Geno Smith please.
Quote:
Old 12-24-2012, 04:37 PM    (permalink
King Carls 5 Year Plan
Veteran

King Carls 5 Year Plan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.King Carls 5 Year Plan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.King Carls 5 Year Plan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.King Carls 5 Year Plan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.King Carls 5 Year Plan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.King Carls 5 Year Plan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.King Carls 5 Year Plan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.King Carls 5 Year Plan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.King Carls 5 Year Plan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.King Carls 5 Year Plan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.King Carls 5 Year Plan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Geno Smith please.
yes please.

ok, lets break these QBs down. strengths, weakness, intagibles (by definition thats impossible), footwork, etc. just the guys the CHiefs will be looking @ in the 1st rd. Geno, Matt, Tyler

i wanna see these guys scouting rports side by side.

i watched some of Geno, none of Tyler, and a little of Matt. Love Geno, hate Matt and i am indifferent to Tyler.
Old 12-24-2012, 04:38 PM    (permalink
vidae
SWDC Mafia
Legend

Watch more Tyler Wilson clips. I think you'll be impressed.

Old 12-24-2012, 04:47 PM    (permalink
TonyGfortheTD
Veteran

TonyGfortheTD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TonyGfortheTD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TonyGfortheTD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TonyGfortheTD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TonyGfortheTD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TonyGfortheTD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TonyGfortheTD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TonyGfortheTD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TonyGfortheTD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TonyGfortheTD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TonyGfortheTD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Watch more Tyler Wilson clips. I think you'll be impressed.
Not down on him at all, but I'm going to wait and see how he does in the Senior Bowl.

Poe is improving as the year goes on and actually had a great game against the Colts and the Chiefs may already have their fullback for the future.
Old 12-24-2012, 05:39 PM    (permalink
King Carls 5 Year Plan
Veteran

i do like that Tyler is going to the Senior Bowl. it says alot about him. usually 1st rd QBs don't attend this game for fear if hurting their draft stock. it says alot about him to go and either justify his current status or help his draft stock. its a risky play by him and his advisors, but i admire the chutzpah
Old 12-31-2012, 10:12 PM    (permalink
Hermstheman83
Veteran

Hermstheman83 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hermstheman83 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hermstheman83 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hermstheman83 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hermstheman83 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hermstheman83 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hermstheman83 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hermstheman83 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hermstheman83 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hermstheman83 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hermstheman83 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Yeah, the more I think about the QB's going into this year's draft, I'm on Tyler Wilson's bandwagon. Geno would be a second. Personally, I'd like to load up on the QB position this year and let them get groomed(by a QB friendly coach) and have a veteran that can take us to at least to the playoffs. I'm a big Romo fan, I know he chokes hard in big games but there wouldn't be that much pressure in KC vs. Dallas(and I"m pretty close to his alma mater)