Draft Countdown Forums

Go Back   Draft Countdown Forums > Draft Countdown Forums > Team Boards > Atlanta Falcons Team Forum

Atlanta Falcons Team Forum Discuss the Falcons

Old 05-16-2012, 08:14 AM    (permalink
scar988
All-Pro

scar988 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.scar988 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.scar988 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.scar988 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.scar988 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.scar988 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.scar988 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.scar988 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.scar988 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.scar988 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.scar988 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bosanac01 View Post
I'm not sold on that, I will have to see it for myself, but I am a fan of Decoud and hope he plays better and sticks at FS for us. He is 27 years old and we have him cheaply for the next 5 seasons. Those are his best year, hope for the best.
I agree. plus considering the team has said they want him to get his calls out quicker so that he can get lined up quicker himself, I think they noticed one of the bigger problems.

Owner of ScarDraft
Atlanta Falcons and NFL Draft Featured Columnist for Bleacher Report
scar988 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-23-2012, 10:00 PM    (permalink
Bosanac01
Team Leader
All-Pro

Bosanac01 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bosanac01 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bosanac01 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bosanac01 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bosanac01 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bosanac01 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bosanac01 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bosanac01 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bosanac01 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bosanac01 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bosanac01 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by scar988 View Post
I agree. plus considering the team has said they want him to get his calls out quicker so that he can get lined up quicker himself, I think they noticed one of the bigger problems.
So far so good Scar, we'll see how this goes rest of the year.

Sig by: BK

02:40 *** Chucky quit #nfldraftcountdown
02:40 <vidae> yay, hes gone
02:40 *** Chucky joined #nfldraftcountdown
02:40 <vidae> aww hes back
Quote:
Originally Posted by fenikz View Post
we all hate you
Bosanac01 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-23-2012, 10:04 PM    (permalink
dunagan15
Pro Bowler

dunagan15 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.dunagan15 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.dunagan15 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.dunagan15 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.dunagan15 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.dunagan15 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.dunagan15 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.dunagan15 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.dunagan15 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.dunagan15 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.dunagan15 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

2013 Draft.

Players that interests me that fill a need/depth on our team.

TE- Jordan Reed UF-
I get to watch alot of him being a gator fan and this guy can play some football. Super athlete, big kid. If I had to compare him to some current players it would be a mix between Graham and Hernandez. Really like this guy especially with us throwing the ball more in the offense.
Old 09-23-2012, 10:23 PM    (permalink
dunagan15
Pro Bowler

dunagan15 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.dunagan15 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.dunagan15 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.dunagan15 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.dunagan15 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.dunagan15 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.dunagan15 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.dunagan15 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.dunagan15 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.dunagan15 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.dunagan15 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by scar988 View Post
exactly. Although, I think both players will be amazing this year in the new scheme.
So far youve been correct. As much as I usually disagree with you, Im glad this is happening so far.
Old 09-23-2012, 10:32 PM    (permalink
Bosanac01
Team Leader
All-Pro

Bosanac01 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bosanac01 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bosanac01 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bosanac01 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bosanac01 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bosanac01 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bosanac01 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bosanac01 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bosanac01 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bosanac01 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bosanac01 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Since there is 95% chance Tony G retires, we will definitely be in a market for a new TE. So far we have used Tony heavily so Koetter has shown he likes the position and it's crucial for the offense to get the right guy to replace him. I just wish a rookie would have a year to learn under Gonzo.

I like Jordan Reed, but will he really come out this year? If he does, where do you think his value would be in terms of a round?

Quote:
we all hate you
Old 09-24-2012, 01:52 PM    (permalink
BamaFalcon59
All-NFLDC

BamaFalcon59 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BamaFalcon59 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BamaFalcon59 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BamaFalcon59 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BamaFalcon59 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BamaFalcon59 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BamaFalcon59 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BamaFalcon59 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BamaFalcon59 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BamaFalcon59 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BamaFalcon59 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Yeah, DeCoud has been playing great.

Not sure on tight end. Wish TG would just put off retirement talk until 40 or so.

Next Up: 2012
BamaFalcon59 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-24-2012, 06:07 PM    (permalink
dunagan15
Pro Bowler

Atl, Where Are You, I Need To Hear Your Awesomeness
Old 09-24-2012, 06:11 PM    (permalink
Bulldogs
All-Pro

Bulldogs is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bulldogs is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bulldogs is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bulldogs is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bulldogs is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bulldogs is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bulldogs is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bulldogs is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bulldogs is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bulldogs is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bulldogs is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Right now I'd say our biggest needs at tight end, defensive end, running back, and maybe cornerback.
Old 09-24-2012, 06:13 PM    (permalink
dunagan15
Pro Bowler

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bosanac01 View Post
Since there is 95% chance Tony G retires, we will definitely be in a market for a new TE. So far we have used Tony heavily so Koetter has shown he likes the position and it's crucial for the offense to get the right guy to replace him. I just wish a rookie would have a year to learn under Gonzo.

I like Jordan Reed, but will he really come out this year? If he does, where do you think his value would be in terms of a round?
Well hes a 4th year Junior and its an extremely bad TE year as a whole, so it may benifit him to come out. The TE from Notre Dame will prolly go first since he a more all around type player.

Reed has played QB at UF as well, the guy is just a super athlete(the Graham comparison) and the way he way run after the catch (Hernandez) just really make him a great prospect. We dont ask our TEs to block too much anymore so I'm not worried about that, but as we have seen this year the TE position is extremly important. Right now I would have him a low of a 3rd rounder with a ceiling of high 2nd. For our scheme hes def #1 TE on my board.
Old 09-24-2012, 06:16 PM    (permalink
dunagan15
Pro Bowler

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bulldogs View Post
Right now I'd say our biggest needs at tight end, defensive end, running back, and maybe cornerback.
I think were good at RB. Quiz is ready to handle the load and its so easy to just add a vet in FA or a guy very late in the draft. TE is an immediate need after this season. DE def needs to be addressed, Edwards is awful, Bierman is showing at least signs of a solid rotational guy and actually gives effort. And I would love a CB as well. The injury is really gonna hurt Grimes in terms of getting that big money deal so we may be able to keep him but if not we def need a 3rd Cb in this defense. Asante isnt getting younger and Robinson is solid at best.
Old 10-14-2012, 01:35 PM    (permalink
Bosanac01
Team Leader
All-Pro

I disagree that Quizz is ready to handle the load. We need a RB in my opinion. I would prefer a guy with some size (6'0" +) with solid hands out of the backfield. Falcons need that player can change it up to make this offense even better.

Quote:
we all hate you
Old 10-15-2012, 01:13 AM    (permalink
BamaFalcon59
All-NFLDC

BamaFalcon59 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BamaFalcon59 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BamaFalcon59 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BamaFalcon59 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BamaFalcon59 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BamaFalcon59 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BamaFalcon59 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BamaFalcon59 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BamaFalcon59 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BamaFalcon59 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BamaFalcon59 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Yeah, Quiz isn't Ray Rice. He's a solid back and nothing more IMO.

Old 10-15-2012, 07:51 AM    (permalink
Halsey
All-Pro

Halsey is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Halsey is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Halsey is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Halsey is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Halsey is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Halsey is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Halsey is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Halsey is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Halsey is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Halsey is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Halsey is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

The Falcons clearly need to add a RB. I wouldn't be shocked to see MJD in Atlanta next year. Quizz is just not the guy. People like him because he was a big name in college, but he hasn't shown the ability to be a guy the Falcons will want playing a lot of snaps.
Old 10-15-2012, 06:37 PM    (permalink
Bulldogs
All-Pro

Bulldogs is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bulldogs is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bulldogs is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bulldogs is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bulldogs is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bulldogs is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bulldogs is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bulldogs is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bulldogs is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bulldogs is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bulldogs is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

It's easy to say in retrospect but I really wish we had drafted Lamar Miller instead of Lamar Holmes. I don't want to say Holmes will never be good (who knows, he's a massive project I haven't seen play) but Miller was a project first rounder who looks like a baller so far in Miami.
Old 10-17-2012, 12:31 AM    (permalink
BamaFalcon59
All-NFLDC

Doesn't matter that he was projected as a first rounder by the pundits, NFL squads didn't agree. He'll be a good change of pace back IMO but he was soft at Miami and I don't see it changing in the league.

Old 10-17-2012, 07:36 AM    (permalink
Bulldogs
All-Pro

Quote:
Originally Posted by BamaFalcon59 View Post
Doesn't matter that he was projected as a first rounder by the pundits, NFL squads didn't agree. He'll be a good change of pace back IMO but he was soft at Miami and I don't see it changing in the league.
Sounds like as a Virginia Tech fan you have a little bias. Obviously projected rounds are for the most part meaningless but I still haven't heard a good reason as to why Lamar Miller dropped other than shoulder concerns. I guess we'll see in the coming years. He certainly couldn't be any worse than Ryan Williams.
Old 10-17-2012, 12:42 PM    (permalink
BamaFalcon59
All-NFLDC

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bulldogs View Post
Sounds like as a Virginia Tech fan you have a little bias. Obviously projected rounds are for the most part meaningless but I still haven't heard a good reason as to why Lamar Miller dropped other than shoulder concerns. I guess we'll see in the coming years. He certainly couldn't be any worse than Ryan Williams.
I don't have a reason to be bitter. We had a back selected more than two rounds prior to Miller.

But please, continue to believe his shoulder concerns caused 32 teams to let him drop to the fourth round.

Old 10-17-2012, 12:53 PM    (permalink
Bulldogs
All-Pro

Quote:
Originally Posted by BamaFalcon59 View Post
I don't have a reason to be bitter. We had a back selected more than two rounds prior to Miller.

But please, continue to believe his shoulder concerns caused 32 teams to let him drop to the fourth round.
Yes, because 32 teams have never passed on a good player before. No point continuing arguing until we see what both look like years down the line, but Lamar Miller has looked impressive so far for the Dolphins.
Old 10-17-2012, 10:20 PM    (permalink
Bosanac01
Team Leader
All-Pro

I will take pro NFL scouts over draft "pundits" anytime. I like to believe there is a good reason why 7 RBs were drafted ahead of him.

Quote:
we all hate you
Old 10-18-2012, 03:47 PM    (permalink
Bulldogs
All-Pro

#FREELAMARMILLER

caps
Old 11-04-2012, 10:20 AM    (permalink
dunagan15
Pro Bowler

I really really like Eifert from ND. Guy reminds me so much of Jason Witten.
Old 11-04-2012, 09:06 PM    (permalink
BamaFalcon59
All-NFLDC

He's much more athletic than witten.

Old 11-04-2012, 09:07 PM    (permalink
BamaFalcon59
All-NFLDC

I'd much rather have an impact defender or rb than an early te though

Old 11-06-2012, 02:23 AM    (permalink
Halsey
All-Pro

Halsey is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Halsey is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Halsey is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Halsey is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Halsey is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Halsey is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Halsey is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Halsey is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Halsey is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Halsey is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Halsey is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

It sure would be nice if the Falcons could find a long term #3/future #2 WR. I'm not sold on any of the current backup WRs as being all that valuable.
Old 11-06-2012, 11:39 PM    (permalink
BamaFalcon59
All-NFLDC

I wouldn't be looking for a future number two any time soon. I would think Roddy will be here a long while.

But yeah, we'll need a third option somewhere (be it TE or WR) when Tony retires.