Draft Countdown Forums

Go Back   Draft Countdown Forums > The Locker Room > Off Topic

Off Topic Almost Anything Goes

Old 11-05-2012, 09:11 AM    (permalink
jrdrylie
All-NFLDC

jrdrylie is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jrdrylie is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jrdrylie is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jrdrylie is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jrdrylie is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jrdrylie is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jrdrylie is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jrdrylie is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jrdrylie is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jrdrylie is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jrdrylie is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by killxswitch View Post
Did you tell them that? Because that is ********.
My boss understands. But the people above her hate to hear complaints. I'm one of two people who monitor an email box the entire Army emails to so of course I get tons of emails, and a lot of people get really impatient if they aren't answered immediately.

Quote:
Originally Posted by SolidGold View Post
Bortlezzzzzzz
Quote:
Originally Posted by Monomach View Post
Brilliant letting one of Scott Pioli's henchmen have his own team to ruin.  One of the premier GM jobs in the NFL and it gets handed to a stupid **** who makes three facepalm moves for every good one.  Awesome.  Just like handing a new Mercedes to a 16 year old girl who's already been in three wrecks. 
jrdrylie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-05-2012, 09:14 AM    (permalink
Rob S
Suck it Metsox
Legend

Location: I'm a simple man. I like pretty, dark haired women and breakfast food
Rob S is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rob S is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rob S is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rob S is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rob S is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rob S is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rob S is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rob S is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rob S is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rob S is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rob S is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Working from home. It grinds my gears bigtime. ******* hurricanes.
Old 11-05-2012, 09:16 AM    (permalink
jrdrylie
All-NFLDC

jrdrylie is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jrdrylie is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jrdrylie is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jrdrylie is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jrdrylie is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jrdrylie is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jrdrylie is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jrdrylie is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jrdrylie is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jrdrylie is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jrdrylie is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rob S View Post
Working from home. It grinds my gears bigtime. ******* hurricanes.
What do you do? I would LOVE to work from home and really I could but I understand a lot of people just don't have the kind of job that is conducive to working from home.

Quote:
Bortlezzzzzzz
Quote:
Brilliant letting one of Scott Pioli's henchmen have his own team to ruin.  One of the premier GM jobs in the NFL and it gets handed to a stupid **** who makes three facepalm moves for every good one.  Awesome.  Just like handing a new Mercedes to a 16 year old girl who's already been in three wrecks. 
Old 11-05-2012, 09:20 AM    (permalink
BeerBaron
Team Leader
Legend

BeerBaron is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BeerBaron is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BeerBaron is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BeerBaron is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BeerBaron is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BeerBaron is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BeerBaron is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BeerBaron is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BeerBaron is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BeerBaron is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BeerBaron is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by jrdrylie View Post
What do you do? I would LOVE to work from home and really I could but I understand a lot of people just don't have the kind of job that is conducive to working from home.
Mine offers that ability to work from home at least part of the time (a lot of people in the department work from home on Mondays and/or Fridays, or only come into the office for half days then work from home the rest.)

But I am far, far, far too lazy to trust myself working from home. I get more done when I'm actually in the office and I only live about 5 minutes away.

Plus, I feel like working from home makes this sort of "out of sight out of mind" phenomenon go on in your boss' mind. I like to be here getting direct feedback for what I do rather than just sending everything in by email.

Oh, and to Rob (and anyone else in the northeast,) got another storm coming. Good luck. I hear them talking about it behind me getting feature graphics ready. Look out.
Old 11-05-2012, 09:45 AM    (permalink
BeerBaron
Team Leader
Legend

BeerBaron is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BeerBaron is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BeerBaron is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BeerBaron is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BeerBaron is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BeerBaron is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BeerBaron is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BeerBaron is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BeerBaron is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BeerBaron is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BeerBaron is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by njx9 View Post
meh. usually when i get the second, no matter when it is, i send a fairly terse response reminding the person that i don't have access to whatever on the weekend and they can wait until monday morning, during business hours, when i'll be happy to do whatever idiotic **** they want. if they get pissed after that, i'll happily direct them to my boss who will happily tell them to go **** themselves.
We've been blessed with good bosses. My old customer service boss loved me and even had stats to back up her telling people to go **** themselves.

My current boss is super easy going. I do what I'm supposed to do and she has my back.
Old 11-05-2012, 09:59 AM    (permalink
Raiderz4Life
All-NFLDC

Raiderz4Life is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Raiderz4Life is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Raiderz4Life is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Raiderz4Life is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Raiderz4Life is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Raiderz4Life is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Raiderz4Life is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Raiderz4Life is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Raiderz4Life is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Raiderz4Life is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Raiderz4Life is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by BeerBaron View Post
We've been blessed with good bosses. My old customer service boss loved me and even had stats to back up her telling people to go **** themselves.

My current boss is super easy going. I do what I'm supposed to do and she has my back.
My boss is pretty chill as well. Love him, as long as whatever is happening isn't a result of me ******* something up he'll go to war for me lol.

Props to BK for the sig
"Dying ain't much of a living, boy" -Josey Wales
Quote:
Originally Posted by TitanHope View Post
R4L does security, and strips on the weekend.
He told me the best part is being able to wear the same uniform to both jobs.
Raiderz4Life is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-05-2012, 10:10 AM    (permalink
Bengals78
All-Pro

Bengals78 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bengals78 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bengals78 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bengals78 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bengals78 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bengals78 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bengals78 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bengals78 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bengals78 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bengals78 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bengals78 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

people who think seeing V for Vendetta makes them soooo goddamn in touch with Guy Fawkes and are completely oblivious to anything to do with Fawkes outside of that damn movie and go around posting the speeches from V and "remember, remember the 5th of November"

Remember what you twats?
Idiots.

bonekrusher
The Twitters
themaninblack
Bengals78 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-05-2012, 11:57 AM    (permalink
BeerBaron
Team Leader
Legend

Apple Maps are grinding my gears right now. GET YOUR **** TOGETHER.

We're going to get bitched at for that even though our place marker is right.
Old 11-05-2012, 11:59 AM    (permalink
brat316
bhaarat316
All-NFLDC

brat316 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.brat316 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.brat316 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.brat316 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.brat316 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.brat316 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.brat316 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.brat316 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.brat316 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.brat316 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.brat316 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bengals78 View Post
people who think seeing V for Vendetta makes them soooo goddamn in touch with Guy Fawkes and are completely oblivious to anything to do with Fawkes outside of that damn movie and go around posting the speeches from V and "remember, remember the 5th of November"

Remember what you twats?
Idiots.
the movie slogan
Old 11-05-2012, 12:10 PM    (permalink
BeerBaron
Team Leader
Legend

Quote:
clearly you're wrong, because apple is perfect and this is the best product ever. /android

it won't be fixed, fwiw. can you just offset your pin to make up for the fact that they wrote a garbage map?
I'm thinking it's probably for the best that we just keep our pin there. Users who are looking at Barrow know where Barrow is, and our pin is there. Some will still ***** about the location being wrong, but there is nothing we can do about that.

All of our overlays are still set up for the Google maps they used to have, so at least our **** will be right, even if it doesn't actually match up with the map itself...
Old 11-05-2012, 12:11 PM    (permalink
Rob S
Suck it Metsox
Legend

Rob S is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rob S is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rob S is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rob S is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rob S is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rob S is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rob S is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rob S is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rob S is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rob S is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rob S is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
I have kind of a weird job. I suppose internal strategy consultant would be the best way to describe it. Working from home blows bigtime, especially because a lot of my job is editing decks.....laptops suck for this.
Old 11-05-2012, 02:24 PM    (permalink
jayceheathman
All-Pro

jayceheathman is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jayceheathman is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jayceheathman is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jayceheathman is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jayceheathman is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jayceheathman is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jayceheathman is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jayceheathman is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jayceheathman is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jayceheathman is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jayceheathman is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rob S View Post
I have kind of a weird job. I suppose internal strategy consultant would be the best way to describe it. Working from home blows bigtime, especially because a lot of my job is editing decks.....laptops suck for this.
I don't think I could ever work at home. There are just too many distractions for me and I won't get anything done.
Old 11-05-2012, 08:08 PM    (permalink
Bengals78
All-Pro

Bengals78 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bengals78 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bengals78 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bengals78 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bengals78 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bengals78 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bengals78 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bengals78 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bengals78 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bengals78 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bengals78 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by bhaarat316 View Post
the movie slogan
No ****.
But Guy Fawkes day had used that before the movie.
So let's stop pretending these people actually know about Guy Fawkes (or care) outside of the movie.

bonekrusher
The Twitters
themaninblack
Bengals78 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-06-2012, 02:03 AM    (permalink
Halsey
All-Pro

Halsey is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Halsey is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Halsey is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Halsey is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Halsey is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Halsey is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Halsey is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Halsey is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Halsey is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Halsey is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Halsey is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

The Papa Johns guy.

OMFG the Peyton Manning Commercials...

Find a better spokesman, bro.

Good thing for him that he knows how to make cheap pizza taste good.
Old 11-06-2012, 09:37 AM    (permalink
iowatreat54
Icon

iowatreat54 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.iowatreat54 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.iowatreat54 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.iowatreat54 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.iowatreat54 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.iowatreat54 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.iowatreat54 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.iowatreat54 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.iowatreat54 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.iowatreat54 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.iowatreat54 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

People either too stupid or too afraid to use a revolving door. Example:

Walking in to the office this morning, steady stream of people walking in through the revolving door (including myself), and a couple people coming out through it. For the most part it works, someone coming out gets out and the next person in line to go in jumps in the section they just vacated.

Well, it gets to the girl in front of me and there's only one person left coming out. The person comes out, but the girl doesn't immediately jump in, so the doors rotated a little further than normal but still over half the space is open so you can easily get in and push the door. But no, this girl halts the line, so that she can keep pushing the door around so the next empty section comes up and she can get in at her own speed.

It's probably really hard to imagine from that explanation if you've never been through it, but in a steady pace in line it brings the whole thing to a stand still while this dumb twunt waits for it to be safe to get in the big scary revolving door. I really wanted to get in behind her and either stop it so she smashed her face, or push really hard so that she freaks out and gets caught.
iowatreat54 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-06-2012, 09:39 AM    (permalink
BeerBaron
Team Leader
Legend

I've only been through one revolving door that I can remember in my life. I handled it just fine, but there was some trepidation at first.

Another one are traffic circles. There just weren't any anywhere near where I grew up and learned to drive. People ***** and piss and moan about "morons who can't drive in traffic circles" but like most first time experiences, that was one where I was being a little more safe than sorry.
Old 11-06-2012, 09:40 AM    (permalink
Nalej
All-Pro

Nalej is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Nalej is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Nalej is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Nalej is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Nalej is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Nalej is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Nalej is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Nalej is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Nalej is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Nalej is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Nalej is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Friggin' rooting phones. Holy hell.

Nalej is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-06-2012, 09:40 AM    (permalink
jrdrylie
All-NFLDC

My wife is afraid of revolving doors. If there is no one else around, I like to stop the door so she is trapped in there for a few seconds. In other news, jrdrylie is a dick.

Quote:
Bortlezzzzzzz
Quote:
Old 11-06-2012, 09:42 AM    (permalink
BeerBaron
Team Leader
Legend

Quote:
My wife is afraid of revolving doors. If there is no one else around, I like to stop the door so she is trapped in there for a few seconds. In other news, jrdrylie is a dick.
You don't get it very often, do you?
Old 11-06-2012, 09:51 AM    (permalink
jrdrylie
All-NFLDC

Quote:
Originally Posted by BeerBaron View Post
You don't get it very often, do you?
Luckily, the only places around us that have revolving doors are the hospital and PF Changs, neither of which we visit too often so my dickness in this matter does not affect my actual dick too much.

Quote:
Bortlezzzzzzz
Quote:
Old 11-06-2012, 09:53 AM    (permalink
BeerBaron
Team Leader
Legend

Quote:
Luckily, the only places around us that have revolving doors are the hospital and PF Changs, neither of which we visit too often so my dickness in this matter does not affect my actual dick too much.
I imagine your dickness extends beyond revolving doors though. I mean, I'm a pretty big dick (in the picking, playful fashion) towards my female friends because I know I'm not getting any, but I tone it way back with girlfriends.
Old 11-06-2012, 09:55 AM    (permalink
BeerBaron
Team Leader
Legend

Quote:
how is anyone afraid of revolving doors? that's like being afraid of sidewalks. or the idiots who can't figure out how to dismount an escalator at the airport.
Well, when you encounter one for the first time and everyone else is just flying in and out of it while giving zero *****, you tend to proceed with trepidation.
Old 11-06-2012, 10:02 AM    (permalink
iowatreat54
Icon

iowatreat54 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.iowatreat54 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.iowatreat54 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.iowatreat54 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.iowatreat54 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.iowatreat54 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.iowatreat54 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.iowatreat54 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.iowatreat54 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.iowatreat54 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.iowatreat54 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
how is anyone afraid of revolving doors? that's like being afraid of sidewalks. or the idiots who can't figure out how to dismount an escalator at the airport.
Wait, there's a different way to exit an escalator other than stand on one step waiting for it to go under at the top, and then at the last second hopping off so your feet don't accidentally get sucked into that death trap? Because we all know, escalators would absolutely be put in every major building in the world while being incredibly dangerous and built to suck you in...
iowatreat54 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-06-2012, 10:15 AM    (permalink
BeerBaron
Team Leader
Legend

Quote:
it's a door though. i think it may have helped that i first saw one when i was like, 3, but i'd have thought they were common enough by now that they shouldn't really be mysterious anymore.
I never encountered one until I was an adult and in NYC.
Old 11-06-2012, 10:21 AM    (permalink
Rob S
Suck it Metsox
Legend

I go a revolving door ~8 times a day. Never really thought about it.