Draft Countdown Forums

Go Back   Draft Countdown Forums > Draft Countdown Forums > 2014 NFL Draft Forum

2014 NFL Draft Forum Discuss the 2014 NFL Draft

Old 11-02-2012, 07:33 PM    (permalink
KCStud
Rookie

KCStud is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.KCStud is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.KCStud is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.KCStud is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.KCStud is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.KCStud is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.KCStud is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.KCStud is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.KCStud is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.KCStud is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.KCStud is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.
Default 1st Round QB Comparisons

I know I've asked this on a couple of guys, but overall who ya got?

Geno Smith-Aaron Rodgers
Matt Barkley-Alex Smith
Tyler Wilson-?
Aaron Murray-?

JUST DRAFT A QB DAMNIT!!!
KCStud is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-05-2012, 09:46 AM    (permalink
Armchair Scout
Rookie

Armchair Scout is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Armchair Scout is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Armchair Scout is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Armchair Scout is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Armchair Scout is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Armchair Scout is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Armchair Scout is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Armchair Scout is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Armchair Scout is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Armchair Scout is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Armchair Scout is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I don't see the Geno Smith-Aaron Rodgers comparison. I think Smith is most similar to Eli Manning, in his ability to make sideline throws and move in the pocket. I do like the Barkley-Smith comparison a lot.
Armchair Scout is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-05-2012, 09:47 AM    (permalink
MassNole
Pro Bowler

MassNole is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MassNole is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MassNole is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MassNole is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MassNole is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MassNole is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MassNole is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MassNole is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MassNole is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MassNole is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MassNole is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Geno Smith-Andre Ware
Matt Barkley-Jim Harbaugh
Tyler Wilson-Trent Dilfer
Aaron Murray-David Greene
MassNole is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-05-2012, 09:56 AM    (permalink
duesouth
Rookie

duesouth is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.duesouth is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.duesouth is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.duesouth is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.duesouth is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.duesouth is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.duesouth is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.duesouth is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.duesouth is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.duesouth is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.duesouth is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

EJ Manuel = Brock Osweiler
duesouth is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-05-2012, 09:58 AM    (permalink
MassNole
Pro Bowler

MassNole is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MassNole is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MassNole is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MassNole is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MassNole is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MassNole is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MassNole is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MassNole is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MassNole is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MassNole is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MassNole is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by duesouth View Post
EJ Manuel = Brock Osweiler
More like a 6'5 version of D.J. Shockley.
Old 11-05-2012, 10:15 AM    (permalink
TheBoyWonder22
Shave
Pro Bowler

TheBoyWonder22 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TheBoyWonder22 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TheBoyWonder22 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TheBoyWonder22 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TheBoyWonder22 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TheBoyWonder22 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TheBoyWonder22 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TheBoyWonder22 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TheBoyWonder22 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TheBoyWonder22 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TheBoyWonder22 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by MassNole View Post
Geno Smith-Andre Ware
Matt Barkley-Jim Harbaugh
Tyler Wilson-Trent Dilfer
Aaron Murray-David Greene
Damn, you're mean haha.

Compliments of TACKLE

Gamertag/PSN: theboywonder44
TheBoyWonder22 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-05-2012, 10:26 AM    (permalink
MassNole
Pro Bowler

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheBoyWonder22 View Post
Damn, you're mean haha.
This just is an awful year to need a QB. People are seeing the things in Geno Smith they want to see and hope for, not things he actually brings to the table. In a QB friendly college system he folds like a house of poorly built cards vs. competent college defenses, in the NFL he will only set a franchise back 5 years.
Old 11-05-2012, 10:38 AM    (permalink
Brown Leader
Pro Bowler

Brown Leader is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brown Leader is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brown Leader is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brown Leader is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brown Leader is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brown Leader is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brown Leader is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brown Leader is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brown Leader is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brown Leader is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brown Leader is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Love me some comparisons. On style...

1. Geno Smith - Tom Brady
2. Tyler Wilson - Tony Romo
3. E.J. Manuel - Tarvaris Jackson
4. Matt Barkley - Matt Flynn
5. Tyler Bray - Kyle Orton
6. Colin Klein - David Garrard
7. Landry Jones - Chad Henne

Quote:
This just is an awful year to need a QB. People are seeing the things in Geno Smith they want to see and hope for, not things he actually brings to the table. In a QB friendly college system he folds like a house of poorly built cards vs. competent college defenses, in the NFL he will only set a franchise back 5 years.
Geno isn't flashy and has just an adequate skill set but you can bank on him working harder then anyone on the team and steadily improving.

Quote:
Originally Posted by borg9 View Post
Are you not entertained? Is this not why you are here?
Quote:
Originally Posted by DBess View Post
....ask Brandon Weeden.
Pre-Draft 2014 Mock *FULL DRAFT*

Last edited by Brown Leader : 11-05-2012 at 10:41 AM.
Brown Leader is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-05-2012, 11:15 AM    (permalink
Babylon
Legend

Babylon is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Babylon is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Babylon is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Babylon is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Babylon is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Babylon is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Babylon is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Babylon is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Babylon is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Babylon is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Babylon is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by KCStud View Post
I know I've asked this on a couple of guys, but overall who ya got?

Geno Smith-Aaron Rodgers
Matt Barkley-Alex Smith
Tyler Wilson-?
Aaron Murray-?
So this sounds like a who should the Chiefs draft with the top pick question. My answer would be none of these guys. While i think the first 3 have a chance to be legitimate starters i wouldn't take them here.

Trade down if you can and get something for the pick. Taking a Tyler Wilson in the second half of round 1 is just as good as one of the others early and a heck of a lot less of a gamble.
Babylon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-05-2012, 11:43 AM    (permalink
SolidGold
Pro Bowler

SolidGold is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SolidGold is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SolidGold is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SolidGold is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SolidGold is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SolidGold is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SolidGold is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SolidGold is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SolidGold is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SolidGold is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SolidGold is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Matt Barkley - Matt Ryan - Barkley is the safest QB coming out of the draft/ran a pro style system and can make all the required throws - after watching Barkley vs Oregon and Ryan vs Dallas they are so alike in their respective playing style
Geno Smith - Brandon Weeden - same system/same measurables/comparable arm strength and athleticism...sorry everyone but Geno Smith isn't the next RG3
Tyler Wilson - Tony Romo - similar measurables and skillset...it just makes sense to me cant really explain it
Landy Jones - Carson Palmer - Jones has all the tools to be a good QB, he is streaky but I feel is having a pretty solid senior campaign. He was once touted as a high first round pick and I feel is flying under the radar now. It took the Oklahoma offense a little while to find receivers to step up but now he has a good rapport with them and is playing well.
Mike Glennon - Ryan Mallet - easy comparison - both really tall with huge arms and limited mobility outside the pocket - Glennon's supporting cast on offense is absolute ****
SolidGold is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-05-2012, 12:09 PM    (permalink
Halsey
Pro Bowler

Halsey is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Halsey is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Halsey is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Halsey is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Halsey is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Halsey is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Halsey is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Halsey is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Halsey is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Halsey is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Halsey is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

People onthis board just can't get enough of comparisons, no matter how meaningless they are. At least make some valid comparisons. The few I read in this thread aren't.
Old 11-05-2012, 12:42 PM    (permalink
Don Vito
Team Leader
All-Pro

Don Vito is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Don Vito is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Don Vito is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Don Vito is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Don Vito is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Don Vito is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Don Vito is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Don Vito is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Don Vito is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Don Vito is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Don Vito is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Brown Leader View Post

Geno isn't flashy and has just an adequate skill set but you can bank on him working harder then anyone on the team and steadily improving.
Bray/Orton and Klein/Garrard have me confused. Maybe with their arms you could say Smith/Brady and how they both have to score every drive for their team to win but other than that I don't know..

Feed Moncrief
Don Vito is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-05-2012, 01:15 PM    (permalink
Babylon
Legend

Babylon is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Babylon is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Babylon is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Babylon is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Babylon is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Babylon is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Babylon is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Babylon is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Babylon is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Babylon is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Babylon is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by SolidGold View Post
Matt Barkley - Matt Ryan - Barkley is the safest QB coming out of the draft/ran a pro style system and can make all the required throws - after watching Barkley vs Oregon and Ryan vs Dallas they are so alike in their respective playing style
Geno Smith - Brandon Weeden - same system/same measurables/comparable arm strength and athleticism...sorry everyone but Geno Smith isn't the next RG3
Tyler Wilson - Tony Romo - similar measurables and skillset...it just makes sense to me cant really explain it
Landy Jones - Carson Palmer - Jones has all the tools to be a good QB, he is streaky but I feel is having a pretty solid senior campaign. He was once touted as a high first round pick and I feel is flying under the radar now. It took the Oklahoma offense a little while to find receivers to step up but now he has a good rapport with them and is playing well.
Mike Glennon - Ryan Mallet - easy comparison - both really tall with huge arms and limited mobility outside the pocket - Glennon's supporting cast on offense is absolute ****
I'd be a little more kind to Geno Smith and maybe throw out a Sam Bradford comaprison. Decent arm, a little mobility and would need a real good supporting cast around him. Some of what i've seen lately from Smith makes me question whether he has Bradford's make up though.
Babylon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-05-2012, 01:39 PM    (permalink
SolidGold
Pro Bowler

SolidGold is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SolidGold is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SolidGold is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SolidGold is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SolidGold is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SolidGold is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SolidGold is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SolidGold is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SolidGold is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SolidGold is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SolidGold is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Babylon View Post
I'd be a little more kind to Geno Smith and maybe throw out a Sam Bradford comaprison. Decent arm, a little mobility and would need a real good supporting cast around him. Some of what i've seen lately from Smith makes me question whether he has Bradford's make up though.
Meh I think Weeden is a fair comparison. If Weeden were 23 instead of 28 when drafted I think he would be viewed in a different way - most people knock him on the whole age thing.

Smith has really fallen back down to earth since going up against mediocre teams the first 5 weeks of the season.
Old 11-05-2012, 01:40 PM    (permalink
SolidGold
Pro Bowler

Quote:
Originally Posted by Halsey View Post
People onthis board just can't get enough of comparisons, no matter how meaningless they are. At least make some valid comparisons. The few I read in this thread aren't.
Comparisons pretty much go hand in hand with draft evaluations though. Everyone in the business makes comparisons from Mayock to Kiper on down. Its all basically fodder for discussion and debate. I felt mine were pretty valid btw.
Old 11-05-2012, 01:43 PM    (permalink
AntoinCD
All-Pro

AntoinCD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.AntoinCD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.AntoinCD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.AntoinCD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.AntoinCD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.AntoinCD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.AntoinCD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.AntoinCD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.AntoinCD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.AntoinCD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.AntoinCD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I've been watching quite a bit of Matt Barkley today and I'm coming away less and less impressed with him. In fact I may go as far to say that he may not be a first round player.

People talk about his arm strength limitations and it's a real concern. However, watch his footwork, he doesn't step into his throws. He isn't necessarily throwing off his back foot however the weight transfer as he's throwing just isn't there.

I also don't love his accuracy. USC throw a lot of WR screens and slants and the ball placement at times just isn't good even on these short throws.

He definitely benefits from playing with the best WR duo in the country, however that will work against him during the offseason. The YAC that Lee in particular gets is tremendous.

As a pro the best comparison I can come up with is a poor man's Eli Manning. Obviously Manning has become a top QB and has 2 rings, however Barkley will have a lot of work to do to get near Manning's level now. Luckily though it appears his isses are technique based and therefore are fixable. When he does step up into his throws he gets some nice velocity, however it's not consistent.

I would also like to see him manipulate defenses more with his eyes. Often times he stares down his target.

BoneKrusher killing it with the sig
AntoinCD is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-05-2012, 01:43 PM    (permalink
BuckeyeDan17
Pro Bowler

BuckeyeDan17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BuckeyeDan17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BuckeyeDan17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BuckeyeDan17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BuckeyeDan17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BuckeyeDan17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BuckeyeDan17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BuckeyeDan17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BuckeyeDan17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BuckeyeDan17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BuckeyeDan17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Edit: not funny

Have it your way, with BK (BoneKrusher)

Last edited by BuckeyeDan17 : 11-05-2012 at 01:46 PM.
BuckeyeDan17 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-05-2012, 02:05 PM    (permalink
Iamcanadian
All-NFLDC

Iamcanadian is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Iamcanadian is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Iamcanadian is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Iamcanadian is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Iamcanadian is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Iamcanadian is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Iamcanadian is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Iamcanadian is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Iamcanadian is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Iamcanadian is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Iamcanadian is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by SolidGold View Post
These are very solid comparisons although I don't think Jones is comparable to the early version of Palmer.
Old 11-05-2012, 02:12 PM    (permalink
MassNole
Pro Bowler

Quote:

This is possibly the most ridiculous comparison in the history of the internet.
Old 11-05-2012, 04:59 PM    (permalink
bruschis4all
Veteran

bruschis4all is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bruschis4all is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bruschis4all is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bruschis4all is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bruschis4all is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bruschis4all is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bruschis4all is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bruschis4all is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bruschis4all is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bruschis4all is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bruschis4all is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
This is possibly the most ridiculous comparison in the history of the internet.
Zackly! Brady was nowhere near as good as Smith when he was in college
bruschis4all is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-05-2012, 05:27 PM    (permalink
D-Unit
DC Administrator
Legend

D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Geno Smith = Geno Smith
Matt Barkley = Matt Barkley
Tyler Wilson = Tyler Wilson
Aaron Murray = Aaron Murray
D-Unit is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-05-2012, 05:44 PM    (permalink
Brown Leader
Pro Bowler

Brown Leader is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brown Leader is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brown Leader is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brown Leader is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brown Leader is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brown Leader is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brown Leader is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brown Leader is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brown Leader is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brown Leader is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brown Leader is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Don Vito View Post
Bray/Orton and Klein/Garrard have me confused. Maybe with their arms you could say Smith/Brady and how they both have to score every drive for their team to win but other than that I don't know..
How so? Orton's best skill has always been his arm. He may have lost a little but when he came out he could really blister throws. Klein is more athlete-project at this point. Exactly what Garrard was for a few seasons. Ultimately, he was always a better athlete then thrower but had some success in a run first offense.

Quote:
Originally Posted by D-Unit View Post
Geno Smith = Geno Smith
Matt Barkley = Matt Barkley
Tyler Wilson = Tyler Wilson
Aaron Murray = Aaron Murray
Come on D. It's just getting a rough gauge for a guy's skill set and ability level-looking at the ceiling and floor. And who this or that reminds you of from the armchair. What's wrong with that?

Quote:
Originally Posted by borg9 View Post
Are you not entertained? Is this not why you are here?
Quote:
Originally Posted by DBess View Post
....ask Brandon Weeden.
Pre-Draft 2014 Mock *FULL DRAFT*
Brown Leader is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-05-2012, 06:51 PM    (permalink
D-Unit
DC Administrator
Legend

D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Come on D. It's just getting a rough gauge for a guy's skill set and ability level-looking at the ceiling and floor. And who this or that reminds you of from the armchair. What's wrong with that?
Nah it's all good. I don't love it because if you look at the comments people make about them, you'll see that even though it's a fun exercise, people get way to serious in their critique.

For fun...

Geno Smith = Aaron Brooks - I don't see instant stardom in the NFL like RG3 like many are saying, but Smith could end up being a very feisty QB in the mold of Brooks who also stood 6'3, 220.

Matt Barkley = Troy Aikman - USC/UCLA Golden Boys... both need a strong supporting cast, but can manage efficiently with accuracy.

Tyler Wilson = Kyle Boller - Both have the same size, great arm strength, clean mechanics, and the same lack of an "it" factor.

Aaron Murray = Rex Grossman - Big SEC names...both 6'1 and change... Can play QB in the NFL, might wow you from time to time, but don't expect miracles.
D-Unit is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-05-2012, 07:27 PM    (permalink
bruschis4all
Veteran

bruschis4all is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bruschis4all is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bruschis4all is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bruschis4all is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bruschis4all is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bruschis4all is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bruschis4all is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bruschis4all is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bruschis4all is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bruschis4all is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bruschis4all is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by D-Unit View Post
Nah it's all good. I don't love it because if you look at the comments people make about them, you'll see that even though it's a fun exercise, people get way to serious in their critique.

For fun...

Geno Smith = Aaron Brooks - I don't see instant stardom in the NFL like RG3 like many are saying, but Smith could end up being a very feisty QB in the mold of Brooks who also stood 6'3, 220.

Matt Barkley = Troy Aikman - USC/UCLA Golden Boys... both need a strong supporting cast, but can manage efficiently with accuracy.

Tyler Wilson = Kyle Boller - Both have the same size, great arm strength, clean mechanics, and the same lack of an "it" factor.

Aaron Murray = Rex Grossman - Big SEC names...both 6'1 and change... Can play QB in the NFL, might wow you from time to time, but don't expect miracles.
I'm surprised you're comparing Barkley to Aikman. Being a Cowboys fan. I'm no Cowboys fan but Troy was bigger and stronger, much faster and a much stronger arm. Really no comparision IMO. Barkley reminds me a little of Drew Brees. He's about an inch taller. Not great athletic ability. But, excellent feel for the position and touch on the ball. Neither have a cannon.
Smith reminds me of Roethlisberger. Big guy with some athletic ability. Accurate. Don't think he as quite the arm Ben does. But, close. Murray is a JAG. He doesn't even have the arm Grossman did. Poor man's Colt McCoy. It's a shame for Tyler Wilson what happened at Arkansas. That said. He could have played better. Wilson's upside could be a guy like Schaub if someone is patient with him.
bruschis4all is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-05-2012, 07:40 PM    (permalink
Saints-Tigers
Pro Bowler

Saints-Tigers is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Saints-Tigers is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Saints-Tigers is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Saints-Tigers is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Saints-Tigers is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Saints-Tigers is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Saints-Tigers is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Saints-Tigers is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Saints-Tigers is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Saints-Tigers is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Saints-Tigers is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Smith reminds you of Roethlisberger? Lmao.
Saints-Tigers is offline   Reply With Quote