Draft Countdown Forums

Go Back   Draft Countdown Forums > Draft Countdown Forums > Team Boards > Dallas Cowboys Team Forum

Dallas Cowboys Team Forum Discuss America's Team - How 'bout dem Cowboys!

Old 11-04-2012, 10:16 PM    (permalink
Trogdor
Pro Bowler

Trogdor is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Trogdor is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Trogdor is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Trogdor is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Trogdor is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Trogdor is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Trogdor is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Trogdor is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Trogdor is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Trogdor is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Trogdor is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Officiating is atrocious. No call on Roddy White on a clear PI. Ticky-tack holding on Scandrick during a jam.

McCray is NOT an NFL safety. Obvious talent void at safety hurts us badly. Get Romo the ball back defense.
Trogdor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-05-2012, 12:03 AM    (permalink
D-Unit
DC Administrator
Legend

D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Offense couldn't establish anything all game long. One successful TD drive means crap. We all knew the early FGs weren't gonna be enough.

Defense played as well as you ask, but when they are on the field that long cause the offense can't sustain drives... it's hard. One thing I can say is that they kept attacking and didn't show signs of getting tired. Open field tackles are hard... I really can't blame them for the loss.

I still think the problem is with the offense.
D-Unit is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-05-2012, 01:02 AM    (permalink
Modano
Veteran

Modano is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Modano is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Modano is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Modano is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Modano is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Modano is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Modano is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Modano is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Modano is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Modano is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Modano is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by D-Unit View Post
Offense couldn't establish anything all game long. One successful TD drive means crap. We all knew the early FGs weren't gonna be enough.

Defense played as well as you ask, but when they are on the field that long cause the offense can't sustain drives... it's hard. One thing I can say is that they kept attacking and didn't show signs of getting tired. Open field tackles are hard... I really can't blame them for the loss.

I still think the problem is with the offense.
I think Romo's best days are well beyond him. He stills does some good, but at the end of the day the bad outweighs the good. Yes props to him for leading us to comebacks, but he's the one responsible for putting us in those situation at first.

I'm freaking mad at the refs. You hear the announcers saying how disciplined the Falcons are and blah blah, but the G was holding our DE on that 1&20 run. You call that and you have the Falcons on their 1 yard line with a 1&30. And then you have Roddy White getting away from a PI call that saved an interception.

That's our season: one play away. We're a lot of "one play away" from being on top of the NFC east.

In Bob We Trust

John Madden's wedding video business

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8ddPHJWkPvU
Modano is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-05-2012, 01:26 AM    (permalink
MetSox17
Suck it Metsox
Legend

MetSox17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MetSox17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MetSox17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MetSox17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MetSox17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MetSox17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MetSox17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MetSox17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MetSox17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MetSox17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MetSox17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Not gonna talk **** about how bad we were today, because honestly, i'm tired of it. I'm just sick and tired of the same things every week. So i'll go with the good.

Thank the heavens for Bruce Carter. It was quite the gamble taking him with his ACL injury, resting him for almost a whole season. A lot of us were antsy and worried he was yet another bust (D, i'm looking at you), but it looks like we got ourselves another pro-bowler. Dude looks amazing out there. So stoked to have both him and Lee inside for us.
Old 11-05-2012, 01:36 AM    (permalink
E-Man
Pro Bowler

E-Man is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.E-Man is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.E-Man is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.E-Man is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.E-Man is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.E-Man is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.E-Man is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.E-Man is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.E-Man is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.E-Man is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.E-Man is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

It's sad how Bruce Carter has played his ass off with all the injuries to the linebacking corps and it's wasted in these losses. The team should use him stepping up this season as a rallying cry and example of what to do, but the reason why they're 3-5 and probably facing a losing season is because they can't get their **** straight to win games. Losing to the Falcons on the road while they're hot isn't so bad, but at some point in time you gotta overcome the odds if you wanna be a good team that makes significant progress.

This game wasn't even really that bad when you look at it. It was competitive, and the Falcons are 30-4 at home in the past few years so it's not like it's something where everyone needs to be fired and they stunk up the joint. But after Baltimore where they should've won and the Giants where they should have won games like this get frustrating. The reason why I have little to no hope for the rest of the season is because they're the opposite of the Giants. The Giants got in a bad spot last year, and they rose to the occassion. Same thing with 2007. Could the Cowboys make a run like that and go far in the playoffs to a 6th ring? Sure they can. Will they? Probably not. They'll continue to be that same team that makes dumb mistakes at the worst times. Garrett also seems to be getting worse as a coach. He started out hot going 5-3 taking over for Wade, then 7-4 last year. Since then the team's record is unacceptable, and they keep doing the same **** over and over again. I have no faith in the guy at all at this point. /rant

Da riddum is too much for you.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5nKx27QrgO0
E-Man is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-05-2012, 01:54 AM    (permalink
MetSox17
Suck it Metsox
Legend

MetSox17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MetSox17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MetSox17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MetSox17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MetSox17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MetSox17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MetSox17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MetSox17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MetSox17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MetSox17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MetSox17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I'm done with Garrett, honestly. I will not miss him one bit if he gets canned at the end of the season. And from what i see, Jerry is losing his patience. Read a tweet about how he was stomping at the locker room door because someone had locked him out.
Old 11-05-2012, 08:19 AM    (permalink
LonghornsLegend
Legend

LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by MetSox17 View Post
I'm done with Garrett, honestly. I will not miss him one bit if he gets canned at the end of the season. And from what i see, Jerry is losing his patience. Read a tweet about how he was stomping at the locker room door because someone had locked him out.

Did you guys catch those stats from Mike Smith? Regarding his record in 1 possession games, and his record carrying a lead into the 4th quarter? And how few penalties that team consistently has? Then look at JG in all those departments. This is why I laugh when everybody says "oh well it's the players" because they understate what having a good HC does.

Does Mike Smith just magically scout players who perform better in the 4th quarter? Does he coincidentally draft guys who don't committ penalties? Or is his team better prepared for those situations? Do they work more on late game situations in practice? It's a culture, starting with him that goes through the whole team. They even talked about the accountability they go through when a guy has a penalty.

Heh, if we did that we would never finish a practice. I know that Scandrick pretty much blew it last night but why does it always take us so long to go no huddle? Is that honestly the only time we can do it? New England runs that thing all game, so does Peyton Manning, the defense was gassed and Romo got hot. But once again, let's wait until 4 minutes left and we are down 2 possessions to try it. What a joke.

I don't have any major gripes with JG after this game, but in general it's the same song and dance. We'll keep losing close games every chance we get and half of us will want to give him 2 more years because it's the players who committ the penalties.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Scott Wright View Post
I guarantee that if someone picks Cam Newton in the Top 5 they will regret it.
LonghornsLegend is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-05-2012, 08:21 AM    (permalink
LonghornsLegend
Legend

LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Trogdor View Post
We need to just run no-huddle offense. Romo looks like a conductor out there and our offense just works. We huddle and give Garrett a chance to screw up.
Again, for what seems so simple seems so hard. I cannot remember a time we threw this out randomly to get us out of the funk. What about to start a game? Or a 3rd quarter? Or randomly in the 2nd quarter after a 1st down? Nope. Only when the game is out of reach for some reason. Makes no sense what so ever, but we do a ton of things that don't make any sense.

Quote:
Old 11-05-2012, 10:20 AM    (permalink
E-Man
Pro Bowler

E-Man is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.E-Man is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.E-Man is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.E-Man is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.E-Man is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.E-Man is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.E-Man is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.E-Man is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.E-Man is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.E-Man is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.E-Man is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by LonghornsLegend View Post
Did you guys catch those stats from Mike Smith? Regarding his record in 1 possession games, and his record carrying a lead into the 4th quarter? And how few penalties that team consistently has? Then look at JG in all those departments. This is why I laugh when everybody says "oh well it's the players" because they understate what having a good HC does.

Does Mike Smith just magically scout players who perform better in the 4th quarter? Does he coincidentally draft guys who don't committ penalties? Or is his team better prepared for those situations? Do they work more on late game situations in practice? It's a culture, starting with him that goes through the whole team. They even talked about the accountability they go through when a guy has a penalty.

Heh, if we did that we would never finish a practice. I know that Scandrick pretty much blew it last night but why does it always take us so long to go no huddle? Is that honestly the only time we can do it? New England runs that thing all game, so does Peyton Manning, the defense was gassed and Romo got hot. But once again, let's wait until 4 minutes left and we are down 2 possessions to try it. What a joke.

I don't have any major gripes with JG after this game, but in general it's the same song and dance. We'll keep losing close games every chance we get and half of us will want to give him 2 more years because it's the players who committ the penalties.
Man those stats really pissed me off to see. Sure Smith has a couple of seasons over Garrett, but the difference is just tremendous. When you think of the NFL nowadays how teams are so close in talent having a 10-11 record in games decided by one possession is not going to get you anywhere.

One thing you brought up was perfect about how they wait until they're down to run no huddle. There's no urgency at all, yet the Falcons came out in the second half looking to take the lead and win the game. The Cowboys had a nice running game going at first, but then mistakes and dumb ass penalties again.

One thing I hate is how Rob Ryan has really stepped up this year despite losing a ton. The guy lost his starting safety for the year and his captain in Sean Lee. Then he loses his backup in Connor, but hot damn they're still playing well against a top offense with freaking Ernie Sims playing a spot he's yet to play. Not to mention he was missing Ratliff earlier, and another key guy on the D-line is missing in Lissemore. Dude doesn't give a **** now and makes guys play their ass off. Meanwhile on the other side of the ball where it's Garrett's forte nothing special besides stupidity.

Da riddum is too much for you.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5nKx27QrgO0
E-Man is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-05-2012, 10:58 AM    (permalink
LonghornsLegend
Legend

I would have never guessed our offense would hold us back if Ryan stepped up the D this year, that's probably the most frustrating thing. After so many years of getting torn apart in the secondary, we can actually hold teams now and the offense can't seem to get TD's in the red zone.

Though when the Falcons started that drive around 5 minutes, I said to myself "here comes the part where we stop them and a stupid penalty gives them a new set of downs". I know I'm not the only one who saw that coming...How often has that happened now? It's so sickening watching our games because they all end the exact same way. The penalty that moved them from inside the 5 all the way out to their 30.

It always happens right on cue, and I highly doubt Payton is coming here so it'll probably be this way next year. It seems like every week we are talking about the same things. If it wasn't for the Panthers who are better at losing close games then us, and the Bucs who beat themselves playing 1950's ball I wonder how many games we would have won. Opening week we were just jacked up to play.

We have a stretch of games where we should be able to get hot before we play the Steelers, but no reason to believe it'll happen. If we go 6-10 we've got to be looking for a QB in the 1st round and a fresh start. Put Romo on notice going forward, let him play out his final year and see if the turnovers cut down.

Quote:
Old 11-05-2012, 01:57 PM    (permalink
D-Unit
DC Administrator
Legend

D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by MetSox17 View Post
Not gonna talk **** about how bad we were today, because honestly, i'm tired of it. I'm just sick and tired of the same things every week. So i'll go with the good.

Thank the heavens for Bruce Carter. It was quite the gamble taking him with his ACL injury, resting him for almost a whole season. A lot of us were antsy and worried he was yet another bust (D, i'm looking at you), but it looks like we got ourselves another pro-bowler. Dude looks amazing out there. So stoked to have both him and Lee inside for us.
I MUST REPENT! FORGIVE ME BRUCE CARTER!!! I'LL EAT MY CROW AND THEN SOME! I'M SO HAPPY HE IS WHAT HE IS!

I should've put my trust into Rob for knowing what kind of player he wanted in his D. Butch Davis talked him up and those words were ******* real.

Holy damn man... He looked like Ray Lewis in his prime last night. Seriously the guy is a golden! Did you see him chase down Julio Jones???!!!! That was freakin' awesome! He was leveling guys all night!

I must say, the DL did a great job too making things happen up front for Carter to be successful. They made some holes for him to hit through and he made some big plays in the backfield! The DL kept comin' and comin' even late into the 4th quarter, but Matt Ryan pulled off some magical **** and Jacquiz made some nifty open field moves. We need a compliment like that to Murray. Hello Andre Ellington!
Old 11-05-2012, 02:06 PM    (permalink
D-Unit
DC Administrator
Legend

Quote:
I would have never guessed our offense would hold us back if Ryan stepped up the D this year, that's probably the most frustrating thing. After so many years of getting torn apart in the secondary, we can actually hold teams now and the offense can't seem to get TD's in the red zone.

Though when the Falcons started that drive around 5 minutes, I said to myself "here comes the part where we stop them and a stupid penalty gives them a new set of downs". I know I'm not the only one who saw that coming...How often has that happened now? It's so sickening watching our games because they all end the exact same way. The penalty that moved them from inside the 5 all the way out to their 30.

It always happens right on cue, and I highly doubt Payton is coming here so it'll probably be this way next year. It seems like every week we are talking about the same things. If it wasn't for the Panthers who are better at losing close games then us, and the Bucs who beat themselves playing 1950's ball I wonder how many games we would have won. Opening week we were just jacked up to play.

We have a stretch of games where we should be able to get hot before we play the Steelers, but no reason to believe it'll happen. If we go 6-10 we've got to be looking for a QB in the 1st round and a fresh start. Put Romo on notice going forward, let him play out his final year and see if the turnovers cut down.
I've said this before but yes... this guy is too comfortable in the drivers seat knowing there's no one to push him. The best Romo we had was the one who was playing to unseat Drew Bledsoe. Since Drew left, Romo established himself, but he's never taken that next step. It's like the Seattle playoff game over and over. Simple miscues define his career.
Old 11-05-2012, 03:24 PM    (permalink
LonghornsLegend
Legend

Quote:
I MUST REPENT! FORGIVE ME BRUCE CARTER!!! I'LL EAT MY CROW AND THEN SOME! I'M SO HAPPY HE IS WHAT HE IS!

I should've put my trust into Rob for knowing what kind of player he wanted in his D. Butch Davis talked him up and those words were ******* real.

Holy damn man... He looked like Ray Lewis in his prime last night. Seriously the guy is a golden! Did you see him chase down Julio Jones???!!!! That was freakin' awesome! He was leveling guys all night!

I must say, the DL did a great job too making things happen up front for Carter to be successful. They made some holes for him to hit through and he made some big plays in the backfield! The DL kept comin' and comin' even late into the 4th quarter, but Matt Ryan pulled off some magical **** and Jacquiz made some nifty open field moves. We need a compliment like that to Murray. Hello Andre Ellington!

Yea, in happier news agreed on all counts. Did you guys catch the part where he said what Sean Lee did for him to improve in the off-season? Having a player as smart as Lee, and as athletic as Carter is will really be insane going forward. And even saying that, Lee is a pretty freak athlete himself and Bruce is showing his smarts. He's having to line guys up now, call out coverages, he's stepping it up without Lee in there and we should see both of them grow together next year.

Lee, Carter, Claiborne, Carr, Josh Brent, I think we have some nice young pieces to build around on D. Get us some elite guys up front and we would be set for awhile.

Quote:
Old 11-05-2012, 03:47 PM    (permalink
D-Unit
DC Administrator
Legend

Quote:
Yea, in happier news agreed on all counts. Did you guys catch the part where he said what Sean Lee did for him to improve in the off-season? Having a player as smart as Lee, and as athletic as Carter is will really be insane going forward. And even saying that, Lee is a pretty freak athlete himself and Bruce is showing his smarts. He's having to line guys up now, call out coverages, he's stepping it up without Lee in there and we should see both of them grow together next year.

Lee, Carter, Claiborne, Carr, Josh Brent, I think we have some nice young pieces to build around on D. Get us some elite guys up front and we would be set for awhile.
Hopefully Tyrone Crawford and Kyle Wilbur have a future impact.

I really quite honestly think we'd be able to make our biggest improvement if Garrett simply gave up the play calling duties. Wanna stay on as HC? Fine... I like his philosophies and draft habits.... but get a new OC!!!!

When Romo works the no huddle, it's like night and day. He makes magic when Garrett is not in his ear. When they slow it down and Garrett gives Romo 3 plays to choose from, that's when we get back to our normal crap. Things have to change.

Jerry showing faith in Garrett is fine... but damn... make him give up the playcalling! Enough is enough... even Romo is fed up with Garrett. I had to laugh when I saw him screaming towards the sidelines.
Old 11-05-2012, 03:54 PM    (permalink
Bert Macklin
All-Pro

Bert Macklin is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bert Macklin is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bert Macklin is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bert Macklin is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bert Macklin is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bert Macklin is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bert Macklin is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bert Macklin is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bert Macklin is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bert Macklin is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bert Macklin is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Stay the **** away from Sean Payton

You've been warned
Bert Macklin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-05-2012, 03:56 PM    (permalink
Trogdor
Pro Bowler

Trogdor is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Trogdor is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Trogdor is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Trogdor is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Trogdor is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Trogdor is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Trogdor is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Trogdor is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Trogdor is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Trogdor is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Trogdor is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Hopefully Tyrone Crawford and Kyle Wilbur have a future impact.

I really quite honestly think we'd be able to make our biggest improvement if Garrett simply gave up the play calling duties. Wanna stay on as HC? Fine... I like his philosophies and draft habits.... but get a new OC!!!!

When Romo works the no huddle, it's like night and day. He makes magic when Garrett is not in his ear. When they slow it down and Garrett gives Romo 3 plays to choose from, that's when we get back to our normal crap. Things have to change.

Jerry showing faith in Garrett is fine... but damn... make him give up the playcalling! Enough is enough... even Romo is fed up with Garrett. I had to laugh when I saw him screaming towards the sidelines.
It's sad when the only effective blitz Atlanta was bringing was delayed interior blitzes. Screens would be the perfect counter. Draws would be the worst call. So JG decides to call a freaking draw on 1st or 2nd and 10. When Romo gave him that disgusted look it pretty much mimicked how I felt.

Something needs to change at least our schedule is pretty cozy for a long while. A winning streak would cure all ills. :P
Old 11-05-2012, 03:57 PM    (permalink
Trogdor
Pro Bowler

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bert Macklin View Post
Stay the **** away from Sean Payton

You've been warned
We saw him first.

On a related note:

Quote:
Has anyone noticed the sky-rocketing number of delay of game penalties called against Romo since Garrett took over as head coach? They’ve nearly tripled on a per-season basis and it’s no coincidence. Romo has made more audibles from plays called by Garrett than any previous time in his career and that’s both helping and hurting Dallas.

Of the plays Romo has called that contrast from Garrett’s, nearly 75 percent of them have resulted in positive plays of four yards or more. However, calling those plays takes time and the Cowboys’ offense isn’t responding well to so many audibles. Dallas’ makeshift offensive line is missing blocking assignments and the Cowboys’ receivers are running the wrong routes, which has resulted in a truckload of interceptions by Romo, 13 through eight games to be exact.

Everyone knows Cowboys owner and general manager Jerry Jones is fond of and loyal to Garrett, but they also know Jones is head over heels in love with Romo as his quarterback. That means if Romo ain’t happy, Jones ain’t happy.

Enter Payton, the ex-New Orleans Saints head coach who is now a free agent, free to sign with any team after the end of the 2012 season, after NFL commissioner Roger Goodell voided Payton’s new contract signed in September 2011. Payton worked under Bill Parcells with the Cowboys in the early 2000s, so he already has ties to the team.

Romo is unhappy with Garrett, the Cowboys are losing because of Garrett, Payton has ties to Dallas and is available for hire. Anyone else seeing an easy scenario here for Jones?

Sure, Jones says Garrett’s job is safe and all the talk about him being on the hot seat is just speculation and he has “a lot of faith and a lot of confidence" in his head coach, but that’s the same horse radish he said in 2010 and then fired Wade Phillips less than 24 hours later.

Some NFL analysts, including former players, have said it’s only a matter of time before Payton becomes the Cowboys’ head coach.
From rantsports so not much more than an opinion piece but still highlights some of the major fissures.

Last edited by Trogdor : 11-05-2012 at 04:10 PM.
Old 11-05-2012, 05:23 PM    (permalink
D-Unit
DC Administrator
Legend

Sean Payton isn't coming here. It would be too good to be true. Maybe word out of Payton's camp is that he would look into it, but that's only to use us as a pawn to get leverage and a better contract from the Saints than they would initially offer otherwise. That's my 2 cents on the subject.

I'd like Bill Callahan to get a real shot at being the full time OC.
Old 11-06-2012, 01:11 AM    (permalink
shane_man
Veteran

shane_man is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.shane_man is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.shane_man is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.shane_man is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.shane_man is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.shane_man is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.shane_man is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.shane_man is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.shane_man is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.shane_man is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.shane_man is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by D-Unit
Sean Payton isn't coming here. It would be too good to be true. Maybe word out of Payton's camp is that he would look into it, but that's only to use us as a pawn to get leverage and a better contract from the Saints than they would initially offer otherwise. That's my 2 cents on the subject.

It's all well and good to use the contract as leverage against Benson however when he finds out how much Jerry is willing to shovel in his direction it might change his mind. There is no way that Benson will be willing to give Payton as much as Jerry would.

I think you might be right about trying to get as much cash out of Benson as possible. But discount the possibility that he might be swayed by how much Jerry is willing to go more.
Old 11-06-2012, 02:19 AM    (permalink
igglefanz
Rookie

igglefanz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.igglefanz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.igglefanz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.igglefanz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.igglefanz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.igglefanz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.igglefanz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.igglefanz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.igglefanz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.igglefanz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.igglefanz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

So who is ready to watch the 3-5 Cowboys take on the 3-5 Eagles in the underachiever bowl. What team will find a way to loose in a more painful fashion. I am curious what the Vegas number is on turnovers.
igglefanz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-06-2012, 04:36 AM    (permalink
MetSox17
Suck it Metsox
Legend

Quote:
Originally Posted by shane_man View Post
It's all well and good to use the contract as leverage against Benson however when he finds out how much Jerry is willing to shovel in his direction it might change his mind. There is no way that Benson will be willing to give Payton as much as Jerry would.

I think you might be right about trying to get as much cash out of Benson as possible. But discount the possibility that he might be swayed by how much Jerry is willing to go more.
Benson and the Saints are finding out this season how much they need their head coach. I highly doubt they let him walk because of money. If Payton leaves, it will be because he wants to get out of the mess in NO and come back to Dallas, not because they don't match his market value.
Old 11-06-2012, 05:48 AM    (permalink
Trogdor
Pro Bowler

Quote:
Originally Posted by igglefanz View Post
So who is ready to watch the 3-5 Cowboys take on the 3-5 Eagles in the underachiever bowl. What team will find a way to loose in a more painful fashion. I am curious what the Vegas number is on turnovers.
My sentiments exactly. As far as a turnover line I'd say less than a competitive SEC game (ha!) or U/O 5. Then again I could see either team with 5 turnovers too :P

Who dares win?
Old 11-06-2012, 09:56 AM    (permalink
Macarthur
Pro Bowler

Macarthur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Macarthur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Macarthur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Macarthur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Macarthur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Macarthur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Macarthur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Macarthur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Macarthur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Macarthur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Macarthur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Absolutely.

-Douglas MacArthur
Macarthur is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-06-2012, 10:05 AM    (permalink
LonghornsLegend
Legend

Quote:
Originally Posted by igglefanz View Post
I'm trying to figure out when I'll be at the point where I am rooting for a loss. Nothing worse then going 8-8. Bad enough to not make the playoffs, good enough to not have a premium pick, and average enough to not rehaul the coaching staff. Ugh.

There is 1 wildcard spot available, and Seattle may be in the lead who has a rookie QB so who knows. I would probably rather just lose this game in the grand scheme of things.

This game should be a pretty big suck fest. Turnovers all over the place. Philly turns it over in the red zone, we get penalties in the red zone that push us out of fg range, both QB's could combine for 10 turnovers *sigh* I feel bad for who loses this one.

Quote:
Old 11-06-2012, 10:11 AM    (permalink
LonghornsLegend
Legend

Quote:
Originally Posted by shane_man View Post

I think we should all let this idea go. It would be a pretty big **** move of Payton to leave, and I don't get the feeling that he is that type of guy, he seems pretty loyal and why wouldn't he be to an organization that has done him well.

And all things considered I'd rather be in NO then Dallas anyway, Benson lets him run the show over there, that's not happening here. I highly doubt Payton has any thoughts of coming here.

Quote: