Draft Countdown Forums

Go Back   Draft Countdown Forums > Draft Countdown Forums > Team Boards > Kansas City Chiefs Team Forum

Kansas City Chiefs Team Forum Discuss the Chiefs

Old 11-05-2012, 01:28 PM    (permalink
vidae
SWDC Mafia
Legend

vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

That means Dorsey likely played his last game as a Chief. And I'm ok with that. He was never a 3-4 DE and while he played hard and gave it his all, he was never right for that position.

I hope a 4-3 team gives him a shot and he excels. He seems like a good guy.

** RIP themaninblack. You will be missed. **
vidae is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-05-2012, 01:35 PM    (permalink
T-RICH49
All-NFLDC

T-RICH49 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.T-RICH49 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.T-RICH49 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.T-RICH49 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.T-RICH49 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.T-RICH49 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.T-RICH49 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.T-RICH49 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.T-RICH49 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.T-RICH49 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.T-RICH49 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Stanford Routt waived to make room for Smith...yeah great replacement for Carr Pioli...NOT
Old 11-05-2012, 01:39 PM    (permalink
TheMatriculator
Veteran

TheMatriculator is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TheMatriculator is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TheMatriculator is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TheMatriculator is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TheMatriculator is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TheMatriculator is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TheMatriculator is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TheMatriculator is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TheMatriculator is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TheMatriculator is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TheMatriculator is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

And Gary Gibbs takes over as DC so Romeo can spend more time with the team as a whole. In other words, lets move some more deck chairs around on the Titanic.
TheMatriculator is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-05-2012, 01:44 PM    (permalink
vidae
SWDC Mafia
Legend

vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by T-RICH49 View Post
Stanford Routt waived to make room for Smith...yeah great replacement for Carr Pioli...NOT
I can't believe this. We keep Travis ******* Daniels over Routt? SERIOUSLY? For ***** sake, what is going on with this team?

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheMatriculator View Post
And Gary Gibbs takes over as DC so Romeo can spend more time with the team as a whole. In other words, lets move some more deck chairs around on the Titanic.
This is just getting ridiculous.

Old 11-05-2012, 01:58 PM    (permalink
Bert Macklin
All-Pro

Bert Macklin is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bert Macklin is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bert Macklin is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bert Macklin is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bert Macklin is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bert Macklin is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bert Macklin is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bert Macklin is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bert Macklin is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bert Macklin is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bert Macklin is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheMatriculator View Post
Just came in here to give my condolences guys. Having Gary Gibbs on your staff is hard enough, but to call defensive plays...sorry guys.
Bert Macklin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-05-2012, 01:58 PM    (permalink
T-RICH49
All-NFLDC

T-RICH49 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.T-RICH49 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.T-RICH49 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.T-RICH49 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.T-RICH49 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.T-RICH49 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.T-RICH49 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.T-RICH49 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.T-RICH49 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.T-RICH49 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.T-RICH49 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by vidae View Post
I can't believe this. We keep Travis ******* Daniels over Routt? SERIOUSLY? For ***** sake, what is going on with this team?

This is just getting ridiculous.
8 more games & our long awaited nightmare SHOULD be over
Old 11-05-2012, 02:01 PM    (permalink
vidae
SWDC Mafia
Legend

I have no idea how Clark Hunt can defend Pioli or RAC to the fans anymore. I have no idea how these guys still have jobs at the end of the year. Both of them should be packing their offices right now. At the very least Clark should be making a mental list of future GMs for this team.

God this is just a nightmare.

Old 11-05-2012, 02:35 PM    (permalink
villagewarrior
Pro Bowler

villagewarrior is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.villagewarrior is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.villagewarrior is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.villagewarrior is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.villagewarrior is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.villagewarrior is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.villagewarrior is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.villagewarrior is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.villagewarrior is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.villagewarrior is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.villagewarrior is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I just want to say that I will accept the position of Chiefs General Manager on behalf of the Red Bloods who inhabit the Chiefs forum on draftcountdown.com. We offer a tremendous network of football talent evaluators who also have a passion for Chiefs football. I have been assured by Mr. Hunt that I have full authority to use the budget in its entirety, and with the assistance of my support team we will use the budget to maximum effectiveness.

My first move as the Chiefs General Manager is to relieve Head Coach Romeo Crennel and his entire staff of their coaching duties. We wish them the best of luck in their future endeavors. A comprehensive, world-wide search for the next head coach of the Kansas City Chiefs began yesterday. I will find the man who will return the Chiefs to their days of glory, the man who will instill toughness, discipline, and passion into the football team, and together we will bring Arrowhead Stadium back to life, restoring it to it's position as the loudest stadium in the NFL.

We will then turn our attention towards drafting and developing a franchise quarterback, one who will be the lynchpin of offensive success for the next decade at least.

It is our sincerest hope that the dark ages of the last four years will soon become a distant, bitter memory, replaced by the glorious light of this New Age of Chiefs Football.

Thank you,
villagewarrior
villagewarrior is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-05-2012, 03:45 PM    (permalink
TheMatriculator
Veteran

TheMatriculator is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TheMatriculator is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TheMatriculator is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TheMatriculator is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TheMatriculator is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TheMatriculator is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TheMatriculator is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TheMatriculator is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TheMatriculator is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TheMatriculator is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TheMatriculator is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bert Macklin View Post
Just came in here to give my condolences guys. Having Gary Gibbs on your staff is hard enough, but to call defensive plays...sorry guys.
Yeah, he was god awful as a DC with the Saints but he hasn't been a bad LB coach. He's just a guy who shouldn't be promoted beyond that level. In this case, it doesn't matter. Most of the coaching staff will be gone at the end of the year and the new HC can bring in his own people.

I suspect this is more about Romeo trying to get control of a team that is spinning away from him. The same for the release of Stanford Routt. He wasn't the worst corner on the team but Romeo needed to put his foot down or send a message to the team. Too little and too late in my opinion. Well, on to the draft...again.
Old 11-05-2012, 04:20 PM    (permalink
King Carls 5 Year Plan
Veteran

King Carls 5 Year Plan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.King Carls 5 Year Plan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.King Carls 5 Year Plan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.King Carls 5 Year Plan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.King Carls 5 Year Plan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.King Carls 5 Year Plan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.King Carls 5 Year Plan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.King Carls 5 Year Plan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.King Carls 5 Year Plan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.King Carls 5 Year Plan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.King Carls 5 Year Plan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

when Pioli first hired Haley, wasnt there a time when no defensive coordinator was named. wasnt it speculated to be between Pendergast and Gibbs? after 4 years, we are right back where we started, but in even worse shape. if Pendergast beat Gibbs out 4 years ago, im here to tell you Gibbs sucks

its amazing how reactive this FO is, instead of proactive. every move is weeks behind when it should be. even regular fans are calling for moves before they attempt them. Or other moves are so overreactive (cutting Routt) they make no sense. Routt played terrible, but he was considerably better than the alternative. its almost like Pioli thinks these little things will save his job. 'look at what I did. I tried to fix it, Clark.' its all a bunch of crap. every other NFL teams FO has to be loling @ this ****. other owners, if they are friends with Clark, are calling him asking if this **** is real. every day that passes, Pioli does something else to help get him fired. At 1 point this season it was debatable. Now, its a no-brainer. See ya!
King Carls 5 Year Plan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-05-2012, 08:00 PM    (permalink
villagewarrior
Pro Bowler

villagewarrior is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.villagewarrior is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.villagewarrior is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.villagewarrior is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.villagewarrior is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.villagewarrior is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.villagewarrior is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.villagewarrior is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.villagewarrior is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.villagewarrior is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.villagewarrior is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I know the defense hasn't played well, but they aren't the problem. They've been hurt by the most inept turnover-prone offense in history. Put this defense with an offense that, oh, I don't know, GETS A LEAD SOMETIME, and I think we'll see a different unit out there.

If Pioli wasn't going to fire himself, than he needed to fire Daboll.
Old 11-05-2012, 09:17 PM    (permalink
vidae
SWDC Mafia
Legend

The defense is definitely NOT the problem. The problem is the QB play and the coaching. Period.

Old 11-05-2012, 10:14 PM    (permalink
bucfan12
Pro Bowler

bucfan12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bucfan12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bucfan12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bucfan12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bucfan12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bucfan12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bucfan12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bucfan12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bucfan12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bucfan12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bucfan12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Hey Cheifs fans,

Just a question. Was Routt really that bad to get cut? I mean, I know I saw him against the Bucs and was pretty much dominated by Williams and Jackson, but was he that bad to get cut over a 5th string CB?

Also, I hear ya when it comes to being a fan of a team in dissaray. See the 2011 Tampa Bay Bucs. There coaching staff lost the entire team and couldn't control the situation nor knew how to handle it. However, this seems like a front office issue. I don't know why your former GM was ever fired (Peterson, I think it was)? I remember him building a pretty strong team through the draft.
bucfan12 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-05-2012, 10:48 PM    (permalink
villagewarrior
Pro Bowler

Quote:
Originally Posted by bucfan12 View Post
Hey Cheifs fans,

Just a question. Was Routt really that bad to get cut? I mean, I know I saw him against the Bucs and was pretty much dominated by Williams and Jackson, but was he that bad to get cut over a 5th string CB?

Also, I hear ya when it comes to being a fan of a team in dissaray. See the 2011 Tampa Bay Bucs. There coaching staff lost the entire team and couldn't control the situation nor knew how to handle it. However, this seems like a front office issue. I don't know why your former GM was ever fired (Peterson, I think it was)? I remember him building a pretty strong team through the draft.
Peterson's time had come and gone. A change had to be made and everybody thought Pioli was the best hire that could be made. Can't knock that. Its just unfortunate to discover that Belichick is the brains behind the operation and Pioli is a raving lunatic.

As far as Routt goes, I didn't think he had played that poorly, he just didn't make a play on the ball. They need a scapegoat and they mistakenly believe these moves will slate the fans blood lust.
Old 11-06-2012, 09:07 AM    (permalink
vidae
SWDC Mafia
Legend

Quote:
Originally Posted by villagewarrior View Post
Peterson's time had come and gone. A change had to be made and everybody thought Pioli was the best hire that could be made. Can't knock that. Its just unfortunate to discover that Belichick is the brains behind the operation and Pioli is a raving lunatic.

As far as Routt goes, I didn't think he had played that poorly, he just didn't make a play on the ball. They need a scapegoat and they mistakenly believe these moves will slate the fans blood lust.
He wasn't that bad, but Village hit it on the head. They thought that scapegoating our #2 CB will make fans happy, give us something to cheer about.. and they were dead wrong. It had the opposite effect. If anyone had even a sliver of hope that Pioli could turn this team around, it went out the window with that decision.

Routt isn't that bad. He's not great, but he's serviceable.

Old 11-06-2012, 02:23 PM    (permalink
TheMatriculator
Veteran

Sorry, guys, but cutting Routt to "make the fans happy" makes no sense at all. If you were trying to placate the fans, cut Daniels or fire Daboll. I suspect that within a week or two we will learn that there was more going on between Routt and the coaches and Romeo had no choice but to discipline or cut him to maintain some level of control in the locker room. I'm already hearing rumors that Routt could be difficult to deal with. If he was undermining Romeo's authority (such that it is) then they might have had no choice.
Old 11-06-2012, 03:28 PM    (permalink
T-RICH49
All-NFLDC

someone brought up a theory that it's Clark NOT Pioli who made those moves & Pioli is as good as gone
Old 11-06-2012, 04:21 PM    (permalink
TheMatriculator
Veteran

Quote:
someone brought up a theory that it's Clark NOT Pioli who made those moves & Pioli is as good as gone
Clark is just like Lamar in many ways and I can't imagine Lamar making personnel moves, but you are right, if he did, Pioli is gone. Pioli might be gone anyway. Job one for the GM is hiring a head coach and Pioli has failed miserably at that...twice.
Old 11-06-2012, 04:51 PM    (permalink
King Carls 5 Year Plan
Veteran

King Carls 5 Year Plan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.King Carls 5 Year Plan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.King Carls 5 Year Plan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.King Carls 5 Year Plan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.King Carls 5 Year Plan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.King Carls 5 Year Plan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.King Carls 5 Year Plan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.King Carls 5 Year Plan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.King Carls 5 Year Plan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.King Carls 5 Year Plan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.King Carls 5 Year Plan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

And in his own interviews, Pioli said, 'it isn't coaching that is the problem.' Well, then, its the players fault. Pioli assembled the players and that makes it his fault. I happen to disagree with him and think the coaching is terrible. He hired the coach. No matter how you cut it, this whole season boils down to Piolis failure in 1 or all areas of this team.

We really need to be looking @ potential hires alot closer. That we have a better feel for the direction Clark is going based ypon his GM hire.
Old 11-06-2012, 08:33 PM    (permalink
Splat
Legend

Splat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Splat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Splat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Splat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Splat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Splat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Splat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Splat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Splat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Splat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Splat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I don't want another first time HC or another second chance guy who they think will get the job done this time around. I want someone with a proven track record, I'm tired of this ****.

I don't want our rookie QB ruined by some coach that doesn't know what the hell he is doing.

Last edited by Splat : 11-06-2012 at 08:36 PM.
Splat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-07-2012, 06:37 AM    (permalink
King Carls 5 Year Plan
Veteran

As far as the rookie QB is concerned, who better than Andy Reid? He can groom a new QB in a friendly offense thats productive
Old 11-07-2012, 08:36 AM    (permalink
villagewarrior
Pro Bowler

Andy Reid is about to finish his first head coaching gig. Sean Payton's first head coaching job is in the air. Bill Parcells and Marty Schottenheimer each had to be hired for a first time. I'm not afraid of a 1st timer, the powers that be just need to be sure the qualifications are legit.

I was skeptical of Todd Haley due to his limited experience as an assistant. He had his greatest success coordinating an offense composed of Kurt Warner, Larry Fitzgerald, and Anquan Bolden. Only Brian Daboll could mess that up. If the Chiefs go with a coordinator I want to find a guy who can scheme to make lesser players successful. Then when he actually gets some talent let 'er rip.
Old 11-09-2012, 10:06 PM    (permalink
T-RICH49
All-NFLDC

rumor out there is Clark Hunt met with Marty..IF there is any truth to this then nothing else needs to be said about Pioli's future
Old 11-09-2012, 11:12 PM    (permalink
villagewarrior
Pro Bowler

Quote:
rumor out there is Clark Hunt met with Marty..IF there is any truth to this then nothing else needs to be said about Pioli's future
True, even if it's just as a consultant position to help find the right guy for the CHIEFS job and not necessarily as the man himself. I think Marty, as long as he doesn't foist his son or brother on us, might have a good enough understanding of what a Chiefs GM needs to bring to the table that he should be able to cut through the letters of recommendation and find the right guy.
Old 11-10-2012, 08:12 AM    (permalink
TheMatriculator
Veteran

You guys are right not to read too much into this.

(A) It is only a rumor. I saw it on Bleacher Report but no where else.
(B) Even if it is true, I would expect Clark to consult with people that he trusts outside the organization before he does anything. He has to be at least considering a change. He'd be a fool not to (1st in his class at SMU, he's no fool).