Draft Countdown Forums

Go Back   Draft Countdown Forums > Draft Countdown Forums > Pro Football

Pro Football Discuss professional football.

Old 11-04-2012, 07:19 PM    (permalink
jrdrylie
All-NFLDC

jrdrylie is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jrdrylie is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jrdrylie is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jrdrylie is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jrdrylie is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jrdrylie is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jrdrylie is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jrdrylie is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jrdrylie is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jrdrylie is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jrdrylie is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Updated it again. LOTS of changes are a few people forgot to make picks. Or because of stupid picks like me picking the Jaguars. If your record is messed up, let me know.

Quote:
Originally Posted by SolidGold View Post
Bortlezzzzzzz
Quote:
Originally Posted by Monomach View Post
Brilliant letting one of Scott Pioli's henchmen have his own team to ruin.  One of the premier GM jobs in the NFL and it gets handed to a stupid **** who makes three facepalm moves for every good one.  Awesome.  Just like handing a new Mercedes to a 16 year old girl who's already been in three wrecks. 
jrdrylie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-05-2012, 10:45 PM    (permalink
Shreckart
Veteran

Shreckart is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Shreckart is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Shreckart is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Shreckart is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Shreckart is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Shreckart is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Shreckart is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Shreckart is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Shreckart is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Shreckart is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Shreckart is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by jrdrylie View Post
From IBC's suggestion, this thread is going to show where we all rank picking the winners of all the NFL Games. I'll try to keep it updated each week. If you don't see your name on the list or if I mess up your record, let me know!

[1] Rosebud: 90-40
[1] jcut: 90-40
[3] Hawkeye123: 88-42... 2 GB
[4] PrinceFielder28: 87-42... 3 GB
[5] abaddon41 80: 86-44... 4 GB
[6] jrdrylie: 85-45... 5 GB
[7] Eazy Picks: 84-45... 6 GB
[8] scottyboy: 83-47... 7 GB
[8] Bulldogs: 83-47... 7 GB
[8] ImBrotherCain: 83-47... 7 GB
[8] Matthew Jones: 83-47... 7 GB
[8] CJSchneider: 83-47... 7 GB
[13] keylime 5: 82-48... 8 GB
[13] Auron: 82-48... 8 GB
[15] The Alex: 81-47... 9 GB
[16] descendency: 81-49... 9 GB
[16] Hurricanes25: 81-49... 9 GB
[16] farfromforgotten: 81-49... 9 GB
[19] Pat Sims 90: 80-50... 10 GB
[19] AntoinCD: 80-50... 10 GB
[19] BloodBrother: 80-50... 10 GB
[19] Malaka: 80-50... 10 GB
[19] Brent: 80-50... 10 GB
[24] Grizzlegom: 79-51... 11 GB
[24] Hines: 79-51... 11 GB
[24] YotoJets007: 79-51... 11 GB
[27] KCJ58: 78-44... 12 GB
[28] asdf1223: 78-51... 12 GB
[29] coordinator0: 78-52... 12 GB
[29] Brown Leader: 78-52... 12 GB
[31] Tackle: 77-53... 13 GB
[32] SuperPacker: 75-54... 15 GB
[33] Striped Walrus: 75-55... 15 GB
[33] P-L: 75-55... 15 GB
[33] SFbear: 75-55... 15 GB
[36] T-Rich 49: 74-55... 16 GB
[37] WMD: 74-56... 16 GB
[38] The Dynasty: 73-45... 17 GB
[39] diabsoule: 71-47... 19 GB
[40] Stash: 71-59... 19 GB
[41] Bengalsrz: 57-47... 33 GB
[42] Polamalu is God: 30-9... 60 GB

*****Shreckart: Didn't start until this week but says he is 82-46. 10-2*****
I've been an avid reader on this forum for quite some time, but never really joined up. I finally broke down and decided to join in on the conversations. I had been doing my own "Pick The Winners" after seeing you all do it and found it enjoyable with the sporadic and unpredictable NFL. If you don't include me in on this and leave asterisks by me that's perfectly fine. If there's a prize or something then don't include me in it, I just like the joy of seeing how close to perfection - a la the patriots - I can get each week.

Thanks for keeping track of this though, nice of you to post up everyone's record for comparison.
Shreckart is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-05-2012, 11:14 PM    (permalink
jrdrylie
All-NFLDC

jrdrylie is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jrdrylie is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jrdrylie is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jrdrylie is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jrdrylie is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jrdrylie is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jrdrylie is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jrdrylie is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jrdrylie is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jrdrylie is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jrdrylie is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shreckart View Post
I've been an avid reader on this forum for quite some time, but never really joined up. I finally broke down and decided to join in on the conversations. I had been doing my own "Pick The Winners" after seeing you all do it and found it enjoyable with the sporadic and unpredictable NFL. If you don't include me in on this and leave asterisks by me that's perfectly fine. If there's a prize or something then don't include me in it, I just like the joy of seeing how close to perfection - a la the patriots - I can get each week.

Thanks for keeping track of this though, nice of you to post up everyone's record for comparison.
There is no prize. I'll include you next week though.

Quote:
Bortlezzzzzzz
Quote:
Brilliant letting one of Scott Pioli's henchmen have his own team to ruin.  One of the premier GM jobs in the NFL and it gets handed to a stupid **** who makes three facepalm moves for every good one.  Awesome.  Just like handing a new Mercedes to a 16 year old girl who's already been in three wrecks. 
Old 11-06-2012, 08:24 AM    (permalink
jrdrylie
All-NFLDC

Updated again. I may have messed up a record or two (especially Dynasty's) so please verify the records.

Quote:
Bortlezzzzzzz
Quote:
Old 11-06-2012, 09:50 AM    (permalink
jCut
Veteran

jCut is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jCut is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jCut is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jCut is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jCut is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jCut is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jCut is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jCut is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jCut is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jCut is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jCut is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Updated again. I may have messed up a record or two (especially Dynasty's) so please verify the records.
Thanks for keeping track.

WELCOME REALITY
jCut is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-06-2012, 10:11 AM    (permalink
jrdrylie
All-NFLDC

Quote:
Originally Posted by jCut View Post
Thanks for keeping track.
No problem man, I need something to do at work in the morning while I drink my coffee. Looks like you took over first place.

Quote:
Bortlezzzzzzz
Quote:
Old 11-06-2012, 10:11 AM    (permalink
BloodBrother
All-Pro

BloodBrother is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BloodBrother is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BloodBrother is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BloodBrother is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BloodBrother is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BloodBrother is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BloodBrother is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BloodBrother is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BloodBrother is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BloodBrother is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BloodBrother is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I just need a few perfect weeks and I'm right back in it!
Old 11-06-2012, 12:29 PM    (permalink
The Dynasty
Pro Bowler

The Dynasty is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.The Dynasty is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.The Dynasty is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.The Dynasty is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.The Dynasty is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.The Dynasty is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.The Dynasty is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.The Dynasty is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.The Dynasty is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.The Dynasty is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.The Dynasty is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
[38] The Dynasty: 75-55... 17 GB*******
Im 83-49... was 10-4 this past week.. dont know where 75-55 came from.

Vikings | Yankees | Magic | Sabres | Chelsea FC | Alabama | St. Bonaventure
The Dynasty is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-06-2012, 01:05 PM    (permalink
jrdrylie
All-NFLDC

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Dynasty View Post
Im 83-49... was 10-4 this past week.. dont know where 75-55 came from.
Yeah I saw that and I have no idea what happened. It's fixed now.

Quote:
Bortlezzzzzzz
Quote:
Old 11-06-2012, 01:08 PM    (permalink
Rosebud
All-NFLDC

Rosebud is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rosebud is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rosebud is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rosebud is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rosebud is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rosebud is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rosebud is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rosebud is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rosebud is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rosebud is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rosebud is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

**** you jcut, I'm taking my firzt place back!!!1!

BK

Quote:
Originally Posted by AcheTen View Post
JPP is a better and more productive player than Brandon Graham
Quote:
Originally Posted by abaddon41_80 View Post
Is Shaun Hill a top 10 QB? Definitely not. Is he a top 20 one? Almost certainly.
Quote:
Originally Posted by JBCX View Post
Most misleading 10+ sack season EVER.
Rosebud is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-06-2012, 05:04 PM    (permalink
jCut
Veteran

jCut is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jCut is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jCut is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jCut is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jCut is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jCut is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jCut is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jCut is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jCut is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jCut is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jCut is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rosebud View Post
**** you jcut, I'm taking my firzt place back!!!1!
Should be an interesting race to the finish my friend. I'm feelin a lil extra pressure with each pick now.

WELCOME REALITY
Old 11-06-2012, 08:56 PM    (permalink
Rosebud
All-NFLDC

Rosebud is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rosebud is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rosebud is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rosebud is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rosebud is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rosebud is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rosebud is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rosebud is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rosebud is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rosebud is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rosebud is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Should be an interesting race to the finish my friend. I'm feelin a lil extra pressure with each pick now.
Good, you should let that pressure get into your head so that you start second guessing your picks and tweaking at the last minute...

BK

Quote:
Quote:
Is Shaun Hill a top 10 QB? Definitely not. Is he a top 20 one? Almost certainly.
Quote:
Old 11-07-2012, 09:13 AM    (permalink
jCut
Veteran

Quote:
Good, you should let that pressure get into your head so that you start second guessing your picks and tweaking at the last minute...
Haha nice one. I don't second guess. Ever.

WELCOME REALITY
Old 11-07-2012, 09:17 AM    (permalink
Rosebud
All-NFLDC

Quote:
Haha nice one. I don't second guess. Ever.
I really shouldn't, the few times I have changed my picks it's ****** me.

BK

Quote:
Quote:
Quote:
Old 11-07-2012, 10:06 AM    (permalink
ImBrotherCain
SWDC Mafia
All-NFLDC

ImBrotherCain is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ImBrotherCain is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ImBrotherCain is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ImBrotherCain is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ImBrotherCain is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ImBrotherCain is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ImBrotherCain is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ImBrotherCain is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ImBrotherCain is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ImBrotherCain is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ImBrotherCain is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Still hanging at 7 GB... really need to make up some ground some how.
Old 11-07-2012, 04:05 PM    (permalink
jCut
Veteran

Quote:
I really shouldn't, the few times I have changed my picks it's ****** me.
You gotta ignore your brain and think with your gut.

WELCOME REALITY
Old 11-07-2012, 04:42 PM    (permalink
Rosebud
All-NFLDC

Quote:
You gotta ignore your brain and think with your gut.
It's usually games like the giants game last week were my gut's not completely sure that we were gunna lose and GF made an argument that my guy bought into.

BK

Quote:
Quote:
Quote:
Old 11-07-2012, 05:11 PM    (permalink
hawkeye123
Veteran

hawkeye123 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.hawkeye123 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.hawkeye123 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.hawkeye123 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.hawkeye123 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.hawkeye123 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.hawkeye123 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.hawkeye123 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.hawkeye123 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.hawkeye123 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.hawkeye123 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

My strategy has been to go with my initial gut instinct and stick with it
Old 11-07-2012, 10:06 PM    (permalink
jCut
Veteran

Quote:
It's usually games like the giants game last week were my gut's not completely sure that we were gunna lose and GF made an argument that my guy bought into.
Well that Giants game was a tough one. They really should have won. It's hard to predict a team falling apart like that.

WELCOME REALITY
Old 11-08-2012, 09:08 AM    (permalink
scottyboy
Coolio Cat
Legend

scottyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.scottyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.scottyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.scottyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.scottyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.scottyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.scottyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.scottyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.scottyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.scottyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.scottyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by ImBrotherCain View Post
Still hanging at 7 GB... really need to make up some ground some how.
i'm there with ya. All we need is a bad week from jcut and rose. there's a LOT of time left. Even chipping away a game a week or so can make a difference. Never had a pick 'em race spelled out like this, it's awesome. not sure how to project comeback probabilities and such
Quote:
Originally Posted by PalmerToCJ View Post
BTW, if it's 3rd and 97... I'm throwing a screen pass to Brian Leonard and he will convert.
scottyboy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-08-2012, 09:23 AM    (permalink
jrdrylie
All-NFLDC

Quote:
Originally Posted by scottyboy View Post
i'm there with ya. All we need is a bad week from jcut and rose. there's a LOT of time left. Even chipping away a game a week or so can make a difference. Never had a pick 'em race spelled out like this, it's awesome. not sure how to project comeback probabilities and such
I would say that a comeback is possible, but difficult. I look at everyone's picks and usually, they are 80% identical. There are usually only 2 or 3 games where there is no consensus on who is going to win. Over the course of the year, winning and losing those split games probably evens out, so the only real hope is to hit a huge upset. That is why I went with the Jags last week.

Quote:
Bortlezzzzzzz
Quote:
Old 11-08-2012, 10:15 AM    (permalink
Rosebud
All-NFLDC

Quote:
Well that Giants game was a tough one. They really should have won. It's hard to predict a team falling apart like that.
Eh, we had a big lead in the division and everyone was loving the giants, so us playing flat was totally predictable. Meanwhile the Stillers needed make up ground on the Ravens. I was actually pretty convinced we'd lose that game until we started talking about it in the Giants thread and Sandy happened.

Plus it doesn't help that I've dropped 3 or 4 games waiting for the Falcons to finally lose their first game.

BK

Quote:
Quote:
Quote:
Old 11-08-2012, 11:07 AM    (permalink
jrdrylie
All-NFLDC

Quote:
Eh, we had a big lead in the division and everyone was loving the giants, so us playing flat was totally predictable. Meanwhile the Stillers needed make up ground on the Ravens. I was actually pretty convinced we'd lose that game until we started talking about it in the Giants thread and Sandy happened.

Plus it doesn't help that I've dropped 3 or 4 games waiting for the Falcons to finally lose their first game.
This line made me curious, so I went back and looked at how I did picking each team. I've actually picked the Falcons and Bears to win every week, so their 15-1 combined record is really helping me. I've also picked every Jets game correctly.

Who have I sucked picking? I've gone 3-6 picking games involding the Giants and Vikings.

Quote:
Bortlezzzzzzz
Quote:
Old 11-08-2012, 11:36 AM    (permalink
Rosebud
All-NFLDC

Hey dreidel, what do think about adding a spoiler with links to each week's threads to the OP?

BK

Quote:
Quote:
Quote:
Old 11-08-2012, 05:50 PM    (permalink
jCut
Veteran

Quote:
=Plus it doesn't help that I've dropped 3 or 4 games waiting for the Falcons to finally lose their first game.
I believe we're both banking on that happening this week.

WELCOME REALITY