Draft Countdown Forums

Go Back   Draft Countdown Forums > Draft Countdown Forums > Team Boards > Atlanta Falcons Team Forum

Atlanta Falcons Team Forum Discuss the Falcons

Old 11-04-2012, 11:04 PM    (permalink
dunagan15
Pro Bowler

dunagan15 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.dunagan15 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.dunagan15 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.dunagan15 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.dunagan15 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.dunagan15 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.dunagan15 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.dunagan15 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.dunagan15 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.dunagan15 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.dunagan15 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I wouldn't call it a good win. it was a very sloppy win. Pass blocking was pretty horrid. Running game terrible masked by the 1 big run by Turner.

The lack of a pass rush is really really getting annoying and only rushing 4 not trying to create pressure baffles me.

Spoon can't be hurt, b/c the other LBs are awful.

Robinson has some major issues, plays 10-15 yards off the ball giving up first downs too many times, and still gets burnt deep playing that far off, a holding penalty on him as well. He got to be able to play better than that or were in some trouble.

Great games by Roddy and Julio. Matt played solid under pressure. Didnt like the 1 check to a dive up the middle. We should never throw the ball to our FB ever again or Turner, they simply cant catch.

I do like our new Nickel CB. Hustles and makes a lot of effort plays.

Would love to see a new Punt returner, Franks just seems worthless, when he does decide to return the ball he just stands there instead of just getting up-field, not sure why Harry isn't back there for that, its not likes hes a vital part of the offense.

We've at least found ways to win, but play has to get better heading toward the playoffs.
Old 11-04-2012, 11:14 PM    (permalink
Bosanac01
Team Leader
All-Pro

Bosanac01 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bosanac01 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bosanac01 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bosanac01 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bosanac01 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bosanac01 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bosanac01 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bosanac01 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bosanac01 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bosanac01 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bosanac01 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Dunagan let's be real, we haven't had a good win the whole season. How we keep winning I don't know. We just get someone to step up every game. I think this team is really well prepared physically as they constantly outplay their opponents in the 4th quarter. That has been the difference for us.

Sig by: OSUGiants

02:40 *** Chucky quit #nfldraftcountdown
02:40 <vidae> yay, hes gone
02:40 *** Chucky joined #nfldraftcountdown
02:40 <vidae> aww hes back
Quote:
Originally Posted by fenikz View Post
we all hate you
Bosanac01 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 11-04-2012, 11:24 PM    (permalink
thefalconer
Pro Bowler

thefalconer is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thefalconer is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thefalconer is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thefalconer is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thefalconer is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thefalconer is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thefalconer is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thefalconer is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thefalconer is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thefalconer is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thefalconer is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

after the plug for the d-block on nbc tonight i watched a couple and now i think i'm gonna watch them all. ****'s hilarious.

willy mo can rap. and decoud is my new favorite falcon.

@10:23

Last edited by thefalconer : 11-04-2012 at 11:27 PM.
thefalconer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-05-2012, 12:02 AM    (permalink
Bulldogs
All-Pro

Bulldogs is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bulldogs is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bulldogs is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bulldogs is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bulldogs is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bulldogs is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bulldogs is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bulldogs is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bulldogs is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bulldogs is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bulldogs is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Only issues with me this game would be that Turner sucks for 90% of the game and our pass rush was trash. Matt Ryan and the duo of Jones/White looked fantastic.
Old 11-05-2012, 12:04 AM    (permalink
D-Unit
DC Administrator
Legend

D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Good win guys. Hats off.
D-Unit is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-05-2012, 12:43 AM    (permalink
dunagan15
Pro Bowler

dunagan15 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.dunagan15 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.dunagan15 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.dunagan15 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.dunagan15 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.dunagan15 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.dunagan15 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.dunagan15 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.dunagan15 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.dunagan15 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.dunagan15 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bosanac01 View Post
Dunagan let's be real, we haven't had a good win the whole season. How we keep winning I don't know. We just get someone to step up every game. I think this team is really well prepared physically as they constantly outplay their opponents in the 4th quarter. That has been the difference for us.
I thought the win in Philly was a good one. Also the early game vs SD we looked dominant. Yes we are finding ways to win in the 4th quarter which is great, we just need better all around football in the first 3.
Old 11-05-2012, 09:27 AM    (permalink
LonghornsLegend
Legend

LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Great game guys. Looking forward to Matty Ice taking that next leap in the playoffs, this offense looks extremely bright going forward if you guys can find future players at RB and TE.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Scott Wright View Post
I guarantee that if someone picks Cam Newton in the Top 5 they will regret it.
LonghornsLegend is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-05-2012, 10:06 AM    (permalink
dunagan15
Pro Bowler

Quote:
Originally Posted by LonghornsLegend View Post
Great game guys. Looking forward to Matty Ice taking that next leap in the playoffs, this offense looks extremely bright going forward if you guys can find future players at RB and TE.
Ya a complete RB would really enhance the offense. A TE will be needed but nobody will ever be Tony G.
Old 11-05-2012, 03:23 PM    (permalink
BamaFalcon59
All-NFLDC

BamaFalcon59 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BamaFalcon59 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BamaFalcon59 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BamaFalcon59 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BamaFalcon59 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BamaFalcon59 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BamaFalcon59 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BamaFalcon59 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BamaFalcon59 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BamaFalcon59 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BamaFalcon59 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Brent Grimes would be a big difference maker for the defense IMO.

I would like to go DE-RB in the first two rounds in the draft.

Next Up: 2012
BamaFalcon59 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-05-2012, 06:30 PM    (permalink
dunagan15
Pro Bowler

Quote:
Originally Posted by BamaFalcon59 View Post

Would be ideal but it doesnt seem like alot of elite DE will be around our pick this year
Old 11-05-2012, 07:03 PM    (permalink
D-Unit
DC Administrator
Legend

D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

From your perspective of the game, what do you think the Cowboys strengths/weakness are?
Old 11-05-2012, 10:59 PM    (permalink
dunagan15
Pro Bowler

Quote:
Originally Posted by D-Unit View Post
From your perspective of the game, what do you think the Cowboys strengths/weakness are?
Well out of all the teams weve played Dallas by far had the best pass rush. Whether that was poor play by the O-line idk, I give Dallas all the credit for that regardless.

Weakness I noticed was alot of poor tackling is big time moments.

Also There is no containing the pass game, we have just too many weapons but yall did a great job holding us to field goals which alot of teams have not.

Weakness- Your head coach is mind boggling, you were gashing us on run plays but then just stopped and tried to start throwing again. Then late in the game after marching down the field with ease for your only TD, the playcalling was piss poor. Its not just the cowboys who do this though. So many teams are guilty of this and I never will ever understand why. If a team isnt stopping you running/passing the ball, why stop doing it. If it isnt broke dont fix it. Id run the dam ball 20 times in a row if im getting 4 yards until the put 10 in the box and stop me. Same goes for the Falcons, we were throwing the ball well picking up chunks, then we run 2 dives to Turner up the middle...blows my mind.
Old 11-06-2012, 12:07 AM    (permalink
D-Unit
DC Administrator
Legend

Quote:
Originally Posted by dunagan15 View Post
Well out of all the teams weve played Dallas by far had the best pass rush. Whether that was poor play by the O-line idk, I give Dallas all the credit for that regardless.

Weakness I noticed was alot of poor tackling is big time moments.

Also There is no containing the pass game, we have just too many weapons but yall did a great job holding us to field goals which alot of teams have not.

Weakness- Your head coach is mind boggling, you were gashing us on run plays but then just stopped and tried to start throwing again. Then late in the game after marching down the field with ease for your only TD, the playcalling was piss poor. Its not just the cowboys who do this though. So many teams are guilty of this and I never will ever understand why. If a team isnt stopping you running/passing the ball, why stop doing it. If it isnt broke dont fix it. Id run the dam ball 20 times in a row if im getting 4 yards until the put 10 in the box and stop me. Same goes for the Falcons, we were throwing the ball well picking up chunks, then we run 2 dives to Turner up the middle...blows my mind.
Thanks dunagan. I appreciate the response. It's cool to see what others think.
Old 11-06-2012, 07:18 AM    (permalink
Bosanac01
Team Leader
All-Pro

Bosanac01 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bosanac01 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bosanac01 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bosanac01 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bosanac01 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bosanac01 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bosanac01 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bosanac01 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bosanac01 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bosanac01 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bosanac01 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Rob Ryan did an excellent job adjusting the pass rush. It wasn't working all the time, he saw a weakness on the left side of our line, Baker blocked the DE but the RB didn't slide over to pick up the blitz. You guys crushed Matt Ryan on a couple of occasions like that. As far as limiting Falcons on offense, it's almost impossible because there are so many weapons and Ryan constantly finds the right man to pass the ball to.

Unquestionably the biggest weakness the Cowboys have are themselves. That was a winnable game.

Quote:
we all hate you
Old 11-06-2012, 07:20 AM    (permalink
Bosanac01
Team Leader
All-Pro

Quote:
Originally Posted by BamaFalcon59 View Post

Losing Grimes is a huge blow for the season, but you gotta admit Robert McClain has really been a balling for us.

Quote:
we all hate you
Old 11-06-2012, 11:32 AM    (permalink
dunagan15
Pro Bowler

Quote:
Losing Grimes is a huge blow for the season, but you gotta admit Robert McClain has really been a balling for us.
Ya I like that guy alot.
Old 11-06-2012, 12:32 PM    (permalink
D-Unit
DC Administrator
Legend

Quote:
Rob Ryan did an excellent job adjusting the pass rush. It wasn't working all the time, he saw a weakness on the left side of our line, Baker blocked the DE but the RB didn't slide over to pick up the blitz. You guys crushed Matt Ryan on a couple of occasions like that. As far as limiting Falcons on offense, it's almost impossible because there are so many weapons and Ryan constantly finds the right man to pass the ball to.

Unquestionably the biggest weakness the Cowboys have are themselves. That was a winnable game.
The only game that was really unwinnable was the offensive turnover give away against the Bears. Lost to the Ravens by a missed FG at the end of the game, lost to the Giants by a finger out of bounds, lost to you guys... It's been a heartache season.
Old 11-07-2012, 03:18 PM    (permalink
TheFalconsFan
Rookie

TheFalconsFan could make a wolverine purr.TheFalconsFan could make a wolverine purr.TheFalconsFan could make a wolverine purr.TheFalconsFan could make a wolverine purr.TheFalconsFan could make a wolverine purr.TheFalconsFan could make a wolverine purr.TheFalconsFan could make a wolverine purr.TheFalconsFan could make a wolverine purr.TheFalconsFan could make a wolverine purr.

Nothing big but we cut Lousaka Polite & re-signed Mike Cox today.
TheFalconsFan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-07-2012, 03:26 PM    (permalink
Bert Macklin
All-Pro

Bert Macklin is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bert Macklin is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bert Macklin is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bert Macklin is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bert Macklin is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bert Macklin is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bert Macklin is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bert Macklin is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bert Macklin is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bert Macklin is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bert Macklin is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Saints 31

Falclowns 27
Bert Macklin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-07-2012, 04:07 PM    (permalink
Bosanac01
Team Leader
All-Pro

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bert Macklin View Post
Saints 31

Falclowns 27
Here we go another week. Please tell us how good your team is.

Quote:
we all hate you
Old 11-07-2012, 04:20 PM    (permalink
Bert Macklin
All-Pro

Bert Macklin is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bert Macklin is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bert Macklin is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bert Macklin is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bert Macklin is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bert Macklin is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bert Macklin is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bert Macklin is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bert Macklin is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bert Macklin is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bert Macklin is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Here we go another week. Please tell us how good your team is.
Best offense y'all will see all year. Our defense is gaining confidence.

Last edited by Bert Macklin : 11-07-2012 at 04:34 PM.
Old 11-08-2012, 12:38 AM    (permalink
Bosanac01
Team Leader
All-Pro

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bert Macklin View Post
Best offense y'all will see all year. Our defense is gaining confidence.
I can say the same thing about the Falcons for you guys.

Quote:
we all hate you
Old 11-08-2012, 10:21 AM    (permalink
Bert Macklin
All-Pro

Quote:
I can say the same thing about the Falcons for you guys.
No offense but when they're clicking on all cylinders the packers are a better offense.
Old 11-08-2012, 07:12 PM    (permalink
TheFalconsFan
Rookie

TheFalconsFan could make a wolverine purr.TheFalconsFan could make a wolverine purr.TheFalconsFan could make a wolverine purr.TheFalconsFan could make a wolverine purr.TheFalconsFan could make a wolverine purr.TheFalconsFan could make a wolverine purr.TheFalconsFan could make a wolverine purr.TheFalconsFan could make a wolverine purr.TheFalconsFan could make a wolverine purr.

Spoon is out this Sunday.
TheFalconsFan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-08-2012, 10:52 PM    (permalink
dunagan15
Pro Bowler

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheFalconsFan View Post
Spoon is out this Sunday.
Phuck(10.)