Draft Countdown Forums

Go Back   Draft Countdown Forums > Draft Countdown Forums > Team Boards > Oakland Raiders Team Forum

Oakland Raiders Team Forum Discuss the Raiders

Old 10-21-2012, 11:54 PM    (permalink
Raiderz4Life
Icon

Raiderz4Life is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Raiderz4Life is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Raiderz4Life is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Raiderz4Life is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Raiderz4Life is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Raiderz4Life is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Raiderz4Life is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Raiderz4Life is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Raiderz4Life is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Raiderz4Life is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Raiderz4Life is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Worst game ever. Only positive is they managed a comeback.

But....

CB-Lee SS-Branch FS-Giordano CB-Huff....that is ******* pathetic. This group was making Blaine Gabbert not look so bad. Were getting worked and they can't catch the damn ball to save their asses.

DL jumping offsides all over the freaking place. Terrible, Seymoure had a good game though.

I <3 Burris.

Palmer is a problem. Anyone who tries to argue otherwise is delusional. He made so many incredibly stupid decisions that any competent team would have taken advantage of.

Knapp has broken Run DMC.

Streater is a gtdamn enigma.

Blow up the O-line other than Veldheer and Wiz. Our RT keeps getting abused.

Barely beating a MJD-less and Gabbert-less Jax team in OT is freaking pathetic.

I would have loved for Jano to have hit that 64 yarder.

Props to BK for the sig
"Dying ain't much of a living, boy" -Josey Wales
Quote:
Originally Posted by TitanHope View Post
R4L does security, and strips on the weekend.
He told me the best part is being able to wear the same uniform to both jobs.
Raiderz4Life is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-22-2012, 02:41 AM    (permalink
nobodyinparticular
Hall of Famer
Legend

nobodyinparticular is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nobodyinparticular is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nobodyinparticular is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nobodyinparticular is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nobodyinparticular is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nobodyinparticular is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nobodyinparticular is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nobodyinparticular is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nobodyinparticular is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nobodyinparticular is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nobodyinparticular is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by raiderz4life View Post
Worst game ever. Only positive is they managed a comeback.

But....

CB-Lee SS-Branch FS-Giordano CB-Huff....that is ******* pathetic. This group was making Blaine Gabbert not look so bad. Were getting worked and they can't catch the damn ball to save their asses.
This... is bad... I like the foursome of Branch/Gio/Huff/Mitchell performing different roles as the safeties. They all bring a little different flavor to the secondary and having all four of them adds for good variety to the defense. But the secondary is really suffering because of the lack of corners right now. Let's keep in mind the Raiders are playing castoffs from the Eagles, Browns and Packers right now after they got rid of 4 CBs this offseason. It's a downright pathetic situation.

If there are 2 things that break the foundation of this season, it's the absolutely terrible CB play and the god-awful offensive line in the ZBS. The rest of this team may be a 9-win team, but those two units are the units of a 0-win team. I'm amazed the Raiders pulled out 2 ugly wins this year already and barely gave up last week's game in Atlanta.

Quote:

DL jumping offsides all over the freaking place. Terrible, Seymoure had a good game though.
Seymour wasn't the only dlineman who put in a good game. Houston actually led the team in tackles.

Can I just say, I'm ready to give this man significant minutes at DT? Don't get me wrong, he does a fine job at DE, but I need to see him in the middle a lot more. Go back and look at him in Texas and watch the difference between how he looks on the inside vs the outside. If it has to be a 4-man rotation inside between Seymour, Kelly, Houston and Bryant, that's fine. But get this man on the inside.

And find me a real pass rusher on the outside. Shaughnessy is a stud who can do everything, but I want to see someone who can just wreak havoc on the outside.

Quote:
I <3 Burris.
QFT.

Quote:
Palmer is a problem. Anyone who tries to argue otherwise is delusional. He made so many incredibly stupid decisions that any competent team would have taken advantage of.
I don't know what the heck is Palmer's problem. He will look like a stellar QB for 95% of the plays and then he'll just have another 5% of plays that make you go "WTF???" It's Jay Cutler/Jeff George syndrome.

I'm not trying to make excuses, but I wonder what it would look like if he had a functioning oline/run game. It's like Palmer feels the need to go into "hero-ball" mode.

Quote:
Knapp has broken Run DMC.
I have wasted too much energy on this topic. I was willing to give Knapp a chance to start the season. I really was. I had a very open mind. Now that we are six games into the season, it's time to boot the ZBS.

Quote:
Streater is a gtdamn enigma.
Not just Streater--the entire WR corps is an enigma. Moore will have a great game and then do nothing. DHB will have absolutely 0 catches and then go off like today. And then there's Derek Hagan and Juron Criner.

Quote:
Blow up the O-line other than Veldheer and Wiz. Our RT keeps getting abused.
See my thoughts on Greg Knapp and first response in this post. Knapp can take 3/5 of the oline with him. And don't let the door hit you on the collective ass.

Quote:
Barely beating a MJD-less and Gabbert-less Jax team in OT is freaking pathetic.
Yes... And yet, I will take them where I can get them. Especially considering the way the Raiders have been known to take it in the teeth from bad teams like Miami last year or Jacksonville the year before.

My distaste for the game may be lessened because Roger Goodell force-fed the entire nation the NE/NYJ game today and I didn't get to watch much of the game. I get that games like this can be that much uglier when you actually watch it for the full 4 quarters (if you can stomach it without turning the TV off in disgust).

__________________________________________________ ______

Final thoughts, I was bracing for a huge letdown when the Raiders couldn't stick a fork in the Jaguars. I was sure the Jags would drive for a winning field goal in regulation like the Falcons did last week, or just burn the Raiders on a huge return and a couple big plays like the Jags did in 2010.

I can't tell you how excited I was when I saw Houston get the fumble in OT. That just made my day.

Game balls to Houston, Burris and Seymour.

Oldie but a goodie.
nobodyinparticular is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-22-2012, 08:39 PM    (permalink
Raiderz4Life
Icon

Raiderz4Life is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Raiderz4Life is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Raiderz4Life is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Raiderz4Life is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Raiderz4Life is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Raiderz4Life is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Raiderz4Life is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Raiderz4Life is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Raiderz4Life is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Raiderz4Life is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Raiderz4Life is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by nobodyinparticular View Post
This... is bad... I like the foursome of Branch/Gio/Huff/Mitchell performing different roles as the safeties. They all bring a little different flavor to the secondary and having all four of them adds for good variety to the defense. But the secondary is really suffering because of the lack of corners right now. Let's keep in mind the Raiders are playing castoffs from the Eagles, Browns and Packers right now after they got rid of 4 CBs this offseason. It's a downright pathetic situation.

If there are 2 things that break the foundation of this season, it's the absolutely terrible CB play and the god-awful offensive line in the ZBS. The rest of this team may be a 9-win team, but those two units are the units of a 0-win team. I'm amazed the Raiders pulled out 2 ugly wins this year already and barely gave up last week's game in Atlanta
I agree. I even think Huff makes a decent Nickel CB with one of the other guys filling in for him. But to start him at CB? C'mon now. How this team went from Aso and Routt to what we have now is such a tragedy.

Quote:
Seymour wasn't the only dlineman who put in a good game. Houston actually led the team in tackles.

Can I just say, I'm ready to give this man significant minutes at DT? Don't get me wrong, he does a fine job at DE, but I need to see him in the middle a lot more. Go back and look at him in Texas and watch the difference between how he looks on the inside vs the outside. If it has to be a 4-man rotation inside between Seymour, Kelly, Houston and Bryant, that's fine. But get this man on the inside.

And find me a real pass rusher on the outside. Shaughnessy is a stud who can do everything, but I want to see someone who can just wreak havoc on the outside.
Yea Houston was a beast too. I would love to see him in for Kelly tbh. I've always been a big Kelly fan but the guy just kills me. He gets so many penalties, sooooo undisciplined. I think his bone-head plays trickle down the rest of the D. Shaughnessy-Seymoure-Houston-*real pass rusher* would be awesome.

[quote=nobodyinparticular;3159589]I don't know what the heck is Palmer's problem. He will look like a stellar QB for 95% of the plays and then he'll just have another 5% of plays that make you go "WTF???" It's Jay Cutler/Jeff George syndrome.

I'm not trying to make excuses, but I wonder what it would look like if he had a functioning oline/run game. It's like Palmer feels the need to go into "hero-ball" mode [/qoute]

I understand that throwing picks is part of the game. It happens. But I saw him trying to shove passes while getting taken down that almost got picked. Those are incredibly stupid plays that are a huge no-no. With a better team he might be more serviceable but not with the way Oakland is built atm.

Quote:
I have wasted too much energy on this topic. I was willing to give Knapp a chance to start the season. I really was. I had a very open mind. Now that we are six games into the season, it's time to boot the ZBS.

Not just Streater--the entire WR corps is an enigma. Moore will have a great game and then do nothing. DHB will have absolutely 0 catches and then go off like today. And then there's Derek Hagan and Juron Criner.

See my thoughts on Greg Knapp and first response in this post. Knapp can take 3/5 of the oline with him. And don't let the door hit you on the collective ass.
Yea Knapp and that line...should be done. Just done.

Idk but I attribute DHB and Moore a little more on Palmer, but Streater is an enigma when actually targeted. He looks like a bum on some passes and then makes an amazing grab. Brandon Lloyd 2.0? lol But seriously, the whole group is enigmatic.

Quote:
Yes... And yet, I will take them where I can get them. Especially considering the way the Raiders have been known to take it in the teeth from bad teams like Miami last year or Jacksonville the year before.

My distaste for the game may be lessened because Roger Goodell force-fed the entire nation the NE/NYJ game today and I didn't get to watch much of the game. I get that games like this can be that much uglier when you actually watch it for the full 4 quarters (if you can stomach it without turning the TV off in disgust).
Agreed. I'll take the W as well. It was terrible and ugly but its a W.

__________________________________________________ ______

Quote:
Final thoughts, I was bracing for a huge letdown when the Raiders couldn't stick a fork in the Jaguars. I was sure the Jags would drive for a winning field goal in regulation like the Falcons did last week, or just burn the Raiders on a huge return and a couple big plays like the Jags did in 2010.

I can't tell you how excited I was when I saw Houston get the fumble in OT. That just made my day.

Game balls to Houston, Burris and Seymour.
Watching Burris just bury Henne was my favorite part of the game. The dropped picks were my least favorite. I also thought Jano had that 64 yarder.

Props to BK for the sig
Quote:

Last edited by Raiderz4Life : 10-22-2012 at 08:41 PM.
Old 11-02-2012, 02:53 AM    (permalink
RaiderNation
All-NFLDC

RaiderNation is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.RaiderNation is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.RaiderNation is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.RaiderNation is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.RaiderNation is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.RaiderNation is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.RaiderNation is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.RaiderNation is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.RaiderNation is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.RaiderNation is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.RaiderNation is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

3-4? Not bad, only 1 game behind Denver and I still think we can beat San Diego. Both Curry and Bartell look to possibly being able to play sometime in the next few weeks which will be a boost to an already improving defense. I can't wait to see how Curry fits in with Wheeler, Burris and McClain in the LB rotation.

Welcome to the Silver & Mack
"Just Win Baby"
- Al Davis
@SirStackAlot707
Carr to Cooper in 2015

RaiderNation is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-03-2012, 04:25 PM    (permalink
Raiderz4Life
Icon

We're not in a terrible spot....we need wins against, SD, TB, NO, Cleve, KC, and Car.

Props to BK for the sig
Quote:
Old 11-03-2012, 06:03 PM    (permalink
nobodyinparticular
Hall of Famer
Legend

nobodyinparticular is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nobodyinparticular is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nobodyinparticular is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nobodyinparticular is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nobodyinparticular is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nobodyinparticular is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nobodyinparticular is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nobodyinparticular is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nobodyinparticular is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nobodyinparticular is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nobodyinparticular is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Raiderz4Life View Post
We're not in a terrible spot....we need wins against, SD, TB, NO, Cleve, KC, and Car.
All are winnable games.

Oldie but a goodie.
Old 11-03-2012, 06:54 PM    (permalink
RaiderNation
All-NFLDC

RaiderNation is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.RaiderNation is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.RaiderNation is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.RaiderNation is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.RaiderNation is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.RaiderNation is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.RaiderNation is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.RaiderNation is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.RaiderNation is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.RaiderNation is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.RaiderNation is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Once again 8 or 9 wins could get us into the playoffs with how weak the AFC is looking this year. If we win those games above we will be in very good shape.

"Just Win Baby"
- Al Davis
@SirStackAlot707
Carr to Cooper in 2015

Old 11-03-2012, 07:08 PM    (permalink
Raiderz4Life
Icon

We also play an injured Balti but not sure we got enough to take advantage of that.

Props to BK for the sig
Quote:
Old 11-03-2012, 10:10 PM    (permalink
Stash
Pro Bowler

Stash is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Stash is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Stash is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Stash is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Stash is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Stash is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Stash is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Stash is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Stash is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Stash is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Stash is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

It's definitely looking better than it was a few weeks ago.
Stash is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-03-2012, 10:23 PM    (permalink
Raiderz4Life
Icon

I wouldn't mind picking outside of the top 10 at all. Yeah we won't get a shot at Barkley or Wilson but picking in the teens I think we could nab a CB or DE.

Props to BK for the sig
Quote:
Old 11-05-2012, 04:16 AM    (permalink
nobodyinparticular
Hall of Famer
Legend

Raiders really need a RT very badly. This team seems to have many quality players, but they have huge holes at RT, OG (x2), DE and CB (x2) that must be fixed. Willie Smith is just embarrassing right now--almost as bad as the Jets' RT situation last year.

It hurts to blow it up with so many solid players, but these positions are so bad, I don't see how the Raiders can patch up these positions to become competitive on a weekly basis. And if they aren't competitive weekly, what's the point of these aging veterans like Seymour and Kelly--not to mention high priced players like McFadden, Palmer and Huff?

Oldie but a goodie.
Old 11-06-2012, 12:58 PM    (permalink
Raiderz4Life
Icon

Man...*sigh*

We not berry guud.

Props to BK for the sig
Quote:
Old 11-06-2012, 09:45 PM    (permalink
Stash
Pro Bowler

Stash is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Stash is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Stash is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Stash is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Stash is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Stash is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Stash is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Stash is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Stash is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Stash is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Stash is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

The D got absolutely embarrassed. I still feel a DT is one of our biggest needs.
Old 11-07-2012, 04:13 AM    (permalink
nobodyinparticular
Hall of Famer
Legend

Quote:
Originally Posted by Stash View Post
The D got absolutely embarrassed. I still feel a DT is one of our biggest needs.
Meh. A bunch of 60 yard runs isn't exactly on a DT there. Countless 5-10 yard runs, yes.

A game like Sunday you just hope it burns something in the brains of every defender on the team and pray they use it and their pride to never let it happen again.

And yes. That was absolutely embarrassing.

Oldie but a goodie.
Old 11-07-2012, 04:14 AM    (permalink
nobodyinparticular
Hall of Famer
Legend

I feel like I have to say it again. We need a RT. And a couple OGs.

From now on, every other post I make will be about a need to replace Willie Smith.

Oldie but a goodie.
Old 11-08-2012, 06:30 PM    (permalink
ArkyRamsFan
Veteran

ArkyRamsFan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ArkyRamsFan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ArkyRamsFan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ArkyRamsFan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ArkyRamsFan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ArkyRamsFan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ArkyRamsFan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ArkyRamsFan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ArkyRamsFan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ArkyRamsFan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ArkyRamsFan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
I feel like I have to say it again. We need a RT. And a couple OGs.

From now on, every other post I make will be about a need to replace Willie Smith.
Rams fan here.

Do you wish ya'll would have kept Barksdale and had given him a chance at RT? I kinda thought he might be better on the right side due to his size and all.
ArkyRamsFan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-09-2012, 03:59 PM    (permalink
Raiderz4Life
Icon

Quote:
Originally Posted by ArkyRamsFan View Post
Rams fan here.

Do you wish ya'll would have kept Barksdale and had given him a chance at RT? I kinda thought he might be better on the right side due to his size and all.
Well he apparently couldn't beat out Khalif ******* Barnes, so if that tells you anything.

Props to BK for the sig
Quote:
Old 11-11-2012, 01:59 PM    (permalink
Raiderz4Life
Icon

Thinking at this point BPA at our spot would be good in just about every position.

Props to BK for the sig
Quote:
Old 11-11-2012, 06:50 PM    (permalink
nobodyinparticular
Hall of Famer
Legend

Quote:
Originally Posted by Raiderz4Life View Post
Thinking at this point BPA at our spot would be good in just about every position.
Pretty much yep.

Even a stud WR. I don't care.

This could be a very long rebuild. Very long. Especially since our only solid-ish players are old farts making a lot of cash.

Oldie but a goodie.
Old 11-11-2012, 09:41 PM    (permalink
Stash
Pro Bowler

Getting our **** pushed in two weeks in a row is always fun.
Old 11-12-2012, 01:14 AM    (permalink
nobodyinparticular
Hall of Famer
Legend

Can the Raiders please stop with the Special Teams errors? I mean a full field return for a TD and a muffed punt today?

Oh yeah. And the FG run for a TD (at 41-17???).

Oldie but a goodie.
Old 11-28-2012, 10:59 PM    (permalink
nobodyinparticular
Hall of Famer
Legend

This thread is probably dead, but...

How about the Raiders' season starting to blow up big time? McClain about to get released? You had to know the **** hitting the fan was a possibility with how bad the losses have been recently.

Oldie but a goodie.
Old 11-30-2012, 01:13 AM    (permalink
Stash
Pro Bowler

Yeah, it's been a weird season. Started out bad, then we got to 3-4 and things looked a little brighter. Now we're looking at a top 5 pick. What a crappy roller coaster ride this turned out to be.

Bringing in a defensive head coach and then having the defense look like a complete joke can't be a good sign either.
Old 11-30-2012, 04:36 PM    (permalink
Raiderz4Life
Icon

http://espn.go.com/nfl/story/_/id/86...es-team-source

Welp, this is going just dandy. How much longer til we're good again?

Props to BK for the sig
Quote:
Old 12-01-2012, 01:37 PM    (permalink
RaiderNation
All-NFLDC

I don't see why he isn't cut yet, I like Burris inside better anyways. All McClain has done is cause problems to the team, and this should hopefully be the final incident before he's gone.

"Just Win Baby"
- Al Davis
@SirStackAlot707
Carr to Cooper in 2015