Draft Countdown Forums

Go Back   Draft Countdown Forums > The Locker Room > Off Topic

Off Topic Almost Anything Goes

Old 11-06-2012, 10:23 AM    (permalink
iowatreat54
Icon

iowatreat54 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.iowatreat54 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.iowatreat54 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.iowatreat54 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.iowatreat54 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.iowatreat54 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.iowatreat54 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.iowatreat54 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.iowatreat54 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.iowatreat54 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.iowatreat54 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by njx9 View Post

still better than the woman i saw who just couldn't figure out how to step off the ******* thing, and who started emitting a high-pitched whine as she got close and closer to the top.
I also love the people who have no one in front of them, but absolutely wait until the last second to take a step. Look, I can live with the fact that you don't want to walk up the escalator and just want to stand, that's fine. But if you aren't carrying a bunch of bags or have a little kid, when you're like 3 steps from the top, start walking.

Also on the topic of me loathing the general public as a whole, I can't stand people that can't examine common courtesies when entering an elevator, the bus, a train, etc. How hard is it to wait 5 seconds while everyone exits? Oh, see that 70 year old woman waiting next to you, you should let her on before you. No, don't steal the last seat available from the pregnant woman, it won't kill you to stand for 10 minutes.

"You don't need thumbs. My best friend is my brother's dog, he doesn't have any thumbs, he's doin fine."
-Pat Angerer on breaking his thumb.

DJK = Mr. Fun-Haver
Kirk Ferentz = Coach Killjoy
iowatreat54 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-06-2012, 10:31 AM    (permalink
BeerBaron
Team Leader
Legend

BeerBaron is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BeerBaron is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BeerBaron is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BeerBaron is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BeerBaron is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BeerBaron is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BeerBaron is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BeerBaron is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BeerBaron is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BeerBaron is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BeerBaron is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by iowatreat54 View Post
I also love the people who have no one in front of them, but absolutely wait until the last second to take a step. Look, I can live with the fact that you don't want to walk up the escalator and just want to stand, that's fine. But if you aren't carrying a bunch of bags or have a little kid, when you're like 3 steps from the top, start walking.

Also on the topic of me loathing the general public as a whole, I can't stand people that can't examine common courtesies when entering an elevator, the bus, a train, etc. How hard is it to wait 5 seconds while everyone exits? Oh, see that 70 year old woman waiting next to you, you should let her on before you. No, don't steal the last seat available from the pregnant woman, it won't kill you to stand for 10 minutes.
How about people just plain being in the way?

Like, slow moving groups of people who decide to take up the whole sidewalk and then give you a ****** look when you force your way past them. I'm sorry I don't feel like walking at obese couple speed...
Old 11-06-2012, 10:44 AM    (permalink
kalbears13
Pro Bowler

Location: The difference between a child's toy and an adult toy
kalbears13 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.kalbears13 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.kalbears13 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.kalbears13 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.kalbears13 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.kalbears13 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.kalbears13 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.kalbears13 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.kalbears13 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.kalbears13 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.kalbears13 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

In socal, revolving doors are more of a gimmick since it doesn't really get cold enough for them to be useful. Most of the times they're at restaurants with regular doors on the side. The nice thing about waiting to be seated is seeing people go full ****** with the revolving door.
Old 11-06-2012, 10:58 AM    (permalink
Giantsfan1080
Legend

Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Having no power for now over a week.

sig by BoneKrusher
Giantsfan1080 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-06-2012, 11:06 AM    (permalink
Rob S
Suck it Metsox
Legend

Location: I'm a simple man. I like pretty, dark haired women and breakfast food
Rob S is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rob S is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rob S is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rob S is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rob S is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rob S is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rob S is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rob S is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rob S is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rob S is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rob S is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by kalbears13 View Post
In socal, revolving doors are more of a gimmick since it doesn't really get cold enough for them to be useful. Most of the times they're at restaurants with regular doors on the side. The nice thing about waiting to be seated is seeing people go full ****** with the revolving door.
One of the main points of them is to save money on the AC bill too
Old 11-06-2012, 01:25 PM    (permalink
Babylon
Legend

Babylon is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Babylon is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Babylon is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Babylon is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Babylon is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Babylon is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Babylon is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Babylon is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Babylon is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Babylon is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Babylon is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Giantsfan1080 View Post
Sorry about the power man. The worst thing in the world is no power and not knowing when it's coming back. Back in the day i could go days without a shower when wearing drab green but now it's not even fun to skip one day out of the shower.

I called my brother who has a summer cottage on the shore up in N.H. (they do actually have a coast line) and he said he was in town and his power went out and had to go down to the beach to find power. Now that's some backwards ****.
Babylon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-06-2012, 01:32 PM    (permalink
eaglesalltheway
All-NFLDC

eaglesalltheway is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.eaglesalltheway is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.eaglesalltheway is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.eaglesalltheway is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.eaglesalltheway is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.eaglesalltheway is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.eaglesalltheway is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.eaglesalltheway is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.eaglesalltheway is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.eaglesalltheway is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.eaglesalltheway is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Giantsfan1080 View Post
Sucks to hear man, sorry. Believe it or not, there are still small localized areas here that just recently got power back and even a few still without power at all. The timing of this nor-easter is going to suck for a lot of people, I hope you get your power back before everybody has to deal with the additional hassle of what this next storm will bring.

Rest in Peace, themaninblack
eaglesalltheway is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-06-2012, 05:01 PM    (permalink
Paul
All-NFLDC

Paul is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Paul is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Paul is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Paul is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Paul is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Paul is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Paul is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Paul is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Paul is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Paul is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Paul is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Hash Tagging

#killyoselfifyouhastagoutoftwitterandinstagram
Paul is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 11-06-2012, 05:11 PM    (permalink
Wootylicous
All-NFLDC

Wootylicous is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Wootylicous is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Wootylicous is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Wootylicous is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Wootylicous is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Wootylicous is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Wootylicous is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Wootylicous is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Wootylicous is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Wootylicous is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Wootylicous is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Peeps who give you a boatload of pennies when they tip. Seriously ? Screw you.

#MoncriefArmy
Wootylicous is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-06-2012, 05:12 PM    (permalink
General Zod
All-Pro

General Zod is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.General Zod is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.General Zod is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.General Zod is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.General Zod is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.General Zod is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.General Zod is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.General Zod is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.General Zod is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.General Zod is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.General Zod is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

At the first of the year, my wireless contract is up and Im getting a new smartphone. Im trying to decide between and iPhone or an Android.

I try to do some research online about which one I want to get, but getting a unbiased review on each is just about ******* impossible! grrrr

http://www.change.org/petitions/trac...share_petition
General Zod is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-06-2012, 05:28 PM    (permalink
derza222
All-Pro

derza222 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.derza222 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.derza222 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.derza222 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.derza222 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.derza222 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.derza222 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.derza222 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.derza222 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.derza222 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.derza222 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by jrdrylie View Post
My wife is afraid of revolving doors. If there is no one else around, I like to stop the door so she is trapped in there for a few seconds. In other news, jrdrylie is a dick.
That is hilarious. Sounds like something I'd do to my long time girlfriend.
derza222 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-06-2012, 10:01 PM    (permalink
bearfan
All-Pro

bearfan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bearfan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bearfan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bearfan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bearfan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bearfan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bearfan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bearfan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bearfan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bearfan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bearfan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Don't really post in this thread but...

Roommate offers to pay for my cat to get declawed/neutered along with his own. Says he will take care of it, I don't need to worry about it. After the procedure he tells me that I need to pay for it because ends up he cant afford it. $415.

Cool brah. #****thisguy

Quote:
Originally Posted by BeansDooma View Post
who retires first: brett favre or aaron rodgers?
bearfan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-06-2012, 10:06 PM    (permalink
BeerBaron
Team Leader
Legend

BeerBaron is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BeerBaron is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BeerBaron is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BeerBaron is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BeerBaron is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BeerBaron is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BeerBaron is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BeerBaron is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BeerBaron is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BeerBaron is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BeerBaron is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by bearfan View Post
Don't really post in this thread but...

Roommate offers to pay for my cat to get declawed/neutered along with his own. Says he will take care of it, I don't need to worry about it. After the procedure he tells me that I need to pay for it because ends up he cant afford it. $415.

Cool brah. #****thisguy
Whoa. Whoa. Whoa.

Whoa.

What pair of dudes owns a pair of cats?
Old 11-06-2012, 10:11 PM    (permalink
bearfan
All-Pro

bearfan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bearfan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bearfan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bearfan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bearfan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bearfan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bearfan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bearfan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bearfan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bearfan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bearfan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by BeerBaron View Post
Whoa. Whoa. Whoa.

Whoa.

What pair of dudes owns a pair of cats?
This also "grinds my gears", he gets his cat, tries to convince me to get one of my own. I say no and am very adamant about it. He gets the second cat anyways, and then pawns the other cat off onto me.

Quote:
Old 11-06-2012, 10:21 PM    (permalink
BeerBaron
Team Leader
Legend

Quote:
Originally Posted by bearfan View Post
This also "grinds my gears", he gets his cat, tries to convince me to get one of my own. I say no and am very adamant about it. He gets the second cat anyways, and then pawns the other cat off onto me.
I question your choice in roommate...

I've had terrible cat luck when I've been around them. My female roommate in college got one as a gift from her boyfriend and it was a little monster. My arms looked like I had been cutting myself from so many cat scratches just by trying to interact with it. My senior year roommate got one for free from a mutual friend of ours who needed to get rid of it. It was better than the first but still awful.

Cats are just awful pets. I've had two of the best experiences with the dogs I've owned/been around a lot but terrible cat experiences.
Old 11-06-2012, 10:27 PM    (permalink
bearfan
All-Pro

Quote:
Originally Posted by BeerBaron View Post
I question your choice in roommate...

I've had terrible cat luck when I've been around them. My female roommate in college got one as a gift from her boyfriend and it was a little monster. My arms looked like I had been cutting myself from so many cat scratches just by trying to interact with it. My senior year roommate got one for free from a mutual friend of ours who needed to get rid of it. It was better than the first but still awful.

Cats are just awful pets. I've had two of the best experiences with the dogs I've owned/been around a lot but terrible cat experiences.
I am a dog person, but my cat is pretty awesome. Got him for free. I have trained him like a dog, and he is basically less independent than my two dogs at home.

Its not about the cat that I am upset, its the fact I could have paid $25 for his to get neutered, but he told me he would take care of it and for me not to worry about it. He then turns around and tells me that I need to pay his family $415? Pretty ******.

And njx, the GF wanted him declawed. I didn't care, just didn't want to pay for it to happen.

Quote:
Old 11-07-2012, 08:10 AM    (permalink
General Zod
All-Pro

General Zod is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.General Zod is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.General Zod is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.General Zod is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.General Zod is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.General Zod is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.General Zod is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.General Zod is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.General Zod is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.General Zod is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.General Zod is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by njx9 View Post
figure out what features you want/need, make sure the phones you're looking at have them (more of an issue due to android fragmentation), then go to a store and play with them. come back a few days later and do it again.

for instance, for me, turn-by-turn navigation was a must have. so any iphone prior to 5 was out immediately. on the other hand, if you're already fully into the apple platform, the ability to easily deal with an iphone in an existing itunes universe might be a pretty big selling point. beyond that, just playing with both interfaces can be really valuable. i like the widgets on android and don't find the interface terribly confusing, but if you don't care about the widgets and have a hard time navigating an android device, you might lean more towards apple.
This is probably the most solid advice I have got yet.

Thank you.

http://www.change.org/petitions/trac...share_petition
General Zod is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-13-2012, 08:31 AM    (permalink
BeerBaron
Team Leader
Legend

Blackberry. And everything about them. And the people who, in this day and age, still use one.

Everything about them is terrible. The batteries even die when they're powered down making my job even worse. **** Blackberry.
Old 11-18-2012, 11:36 PM    (permalink
kalbears13
Pro Bowler

Location: The difference between a child's toy and an adult toy
kalbears13 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.kalbears13 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.kalbears13 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.kalbears13 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.kalbears13 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.kalbears13 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.kalbears13 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.kalbears13 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.kalbears13 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.kalbears13 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.kalbears13 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

When people use "we" or "us" when they shouldn't be using it.

For example, one of my roommates and I cleaned the whole house after our party and then our other roommate says...

"I'm glad we cleaned up before the end of the weekend."
"You mean (other roommate that helped clean) and I."

Then that same roommate...

"We should take out the trash."
"Do you want me to hold your hand?"

Then he grabs the trash and moves them halfway to the trash barrels and I have to finish it.

Speaking of which, lazy roommates grind my gears.
Old 11-19-2012, 06:58 AM    (permalink
CJSchneider
Team Leader
Icon

CJSchneider is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CJSchneider is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CJSchneider is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CJSchneider is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CJSchneider is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CJSchneider is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CJSchneider is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CJSchneider is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CJSchneider is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CJSchneider is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CJSchneider is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

People who want to help after the work is gone grind my gears as well.

2 C 5:6-8 Jakob Murphy aka themaninblack
CJSchneider is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-26-2012, 09:23 PM    (permalink
Brent
TomTom Out
Legend

Brent is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brent is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brent is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brent is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brent is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brent is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brent is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brent is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brent is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brent is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brent is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

people who make personal attacks and when it backfires are like, "I was totally joking, bro!"

Pick the Winners Champion 2008 | 2011
Brent is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-26-2012, 10:00 PM    (permalink
hobbes2053
Pro Bowler

hobbes2053 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.hobbes2053 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.hobbes2053 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.hobbes2053 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.hobbes2053 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.hobbes2053 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.hobbes2053 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.hobbes2053 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.hobbes2053 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.hobbes2053 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.hobbes2053 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

My roommates don't listen to music. Not only does it grind my gears, it blows my ******* mind.

worker bees can leave
even drones can fly away
the queen is their slave

themaninblack
hobbes2053 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-26-2012, 10:18 PM    (permalink
Bengals78
All-Pro

Bengals78 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bengals78 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bengals78 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bengals78 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bengals78 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bengals78 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bengals78 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bengals78 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bengals78 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bengals78 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bengals78 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Brent View Post
people who make personal attacks and when it backfires are like, "I was totally joking, bro!"
if they said "bro" you are probably justified to stab them

bonekrusher
The Twitters
themaninblack
Bengals78 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-29-2012, 08:45 AM    (permalink
Wootylicous
All-NFLDC

Wootylicous is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Wootylicous is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Wootylicous is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Wootylicous is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Wootylicous is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Wootylicous is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Wootylicous is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Wootylicous is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Wootylicous is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Wootylicous is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Wootylicous is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Peeps posting facebook status about the weather...no **** its snowing outside I can't ******* see for myself

#MoncriefArmy
Wootylicous is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-29-2012, 08:48 AM    (permalink
jrdrylie
All-NFLDC

jrdrylie is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jrdrylie is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jrdrylie is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jrdrylie is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jrdrylie is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jrdrylie is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jrdrylie is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jrdrylie is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jrdrylie is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jrdrylie is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jrdrylie is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

People who mispronounce things. Like Whataburger. My wife and her family pronounce it WATT-aburger. When they just say what, they don't pronounce it watt, so why pronounce it like that when you say the name of the restaurant. Also, people who pronounce peanuts like pea-nits. It's a U not an I. When you pronounce it like that, it sounds like *****.

Edit: I love these censor rules. The proper term ***** is hidden but the slang verion dick is not. But when you switch genders, the proper term vagina is not censored but the slang version ***** is. It's a strange world we live in.

Quote:
Originally Posted by SolidGold View Post
Bortlezzzzzzz
Quote:
Originally Posted by Monomach View Post
Brilliant letting one of Scott Pioli's henchmen have his own team to ruin.  One of the premier GM jobs in the NFL and it gets handed to a stupid **** who makes three facepalm moves for every good one.  Awesome.  Just like handing a new Mercedes to a 16 year old girl who's already been in three wrecks. 

Last edited by jrdrylie : 11-29-2012 at 08:51 AM.
jrdrylie is offline   Reply With Quote