Draft Countdown Forums

Go Back   Draft Countdown Forums > Draft Countdown Forums > Pro Football

Pro Football Discuss professional football.

Old 10-29-2012, 11:00 AM    (permalink
H.O.O.D
Veteran

H.O.O.D is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.H.O.O.D is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.H.O.O.D is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.H.O.O.D is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.H.O.O.D is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.H.O.O.D is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.H.O.O.D is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.H.O.O.D is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.H.O.O.D is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.H.O.O.D is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.H.O.O.D is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Matthew Jones View Post
2013 NFL Head Coaching Candidates

Current NFL Head Coaches:

Romeo Crennel (KC)
Jason Garrett (DAL)
Andy Reid (PHI)
Ron Rivera (CAR)
Rex Ryan (NYJ)
Jim Schwartz (DET)
Pat Shurmur (CLE)
Norv Turner (SD)

Former NFL Head Coaches:

Bill Cowher (PIT)
Herm Edwards (KC)
Jon Gruden (TB)
Mike Holmgren (CLE)
Eric Mangini (CLE)

NFL Offensive Coordinators:

Bruce Arians (IND)
Rob Chudzinski (CAR)
Rick Dennison (HOU)
Jay Gruden (CIN)
Todd Haley (PIT)
Mike McCoy (DEN)
Josh McDaniels (NE)
Mike Sherman (MIA)

NFL Defensive Coordinators:

Todd Bowles (PHI)
Casey Bradley (SEA)
Keith Butler (PIT LB)
Dom Capers (GB)
Jack Del Rio (DEN)
Vic Fangio (SF)
Perry Fewell (NYG)
Ray Horton (ARI)
Winston Moss (GB LB)
Mike Nolan (ATL)
Wade Phillips (HOU)
Rob Ryan (DAL)
Gregg Williams (STL)
Mike Zimmer (CIN)

NCAA Head Coaches:

Kirk Ferentz (Iowa)
Chip Kelley (Oregon)
Jim Mora Jr. (UCLA)
Nick Saban (Alabama)
David Shaw (Stanford)
I would think Greg Roman (49ers OC) and Kyle Shanahan (Skins OC) qualify as dark horse candidates who will at the very least score an interview or two this offseason.
Old 10-29-2012, 12:08 PM    (permalink
Job Reborn
Veteran

Job Reborn is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Job Reborn is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Job Reborn is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Job Reborn is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Job Reborn is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Job Reborn is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Job Reborn is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Job Reborn is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Job Reborn is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Job Reborn is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Job Reborn is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Matthew Jones View Post
It may be controversial, but the NFL is based on merit, not character. Teams will always ignore whatever they believe is extraneous to winning. See: Vick, Michael.
But Michael Vick doesn't help anyone win. I'm confused.
Job Reborn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-06-2012, 05:09 PM    (permalink
bigbuc
Veteran

bigbuc is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbuc is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbuc is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbuc is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbuc is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbuc is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbuc is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbuc is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbuc is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbuc is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbuc is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Does Andy Reid look burnt out to any of you? Death of his son, now back to back bad seasons. Looks like the guy needs to take a break from football. Or at least get out of Philly.

I could see him end up in KC. Talent on that team. Just needs a QB
bigbuc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-06-2012, 05:45 PM    (permalink
Brothgar
Team Leader
All-NFLDC

Brothgar is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brothgar is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brothgar is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brothgar is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brothgar is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brothgar is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brothgar is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brothgar is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brothgar is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brothgar is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brothgar is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by bigbuc View Post
Does Andy Reid look burnt out to any of you? Death of his son, now back to back bad seasons. Looks like the guy needs to take a break from football. Or at least get out of Philly.

I could see him end up in KC. Talent on that team. Just needs a QB
I've noticed this too. The team doesn't look like an Andy Reid coached team. It would do him some good to leave the game for a year or two ala Cowher do some easy booth work/analysis get a fat check from ESPN or NFLN and come back fresh in a few years.

DEATH NOTE MAFIA SIGNUP!

Quote:
Originally Posted by njx9 View Post
oh please. as if canadians even know what beer is.
Brothgar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-07-2012, 01:17 PM    (permalink
Brothgar
Team Leader
All-NFLDC

Brothgar is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brothgar is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brothgar is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brothgar is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brothgar is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brothgar is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brothgar is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brothgar is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brothgar is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brothgar is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brothgar is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

So I feel like making a list for no good reason

Coaches that seem on their way out at the end of the season

Rex Ryan (NYJ)
Ever since the 2010 season when they went 11-5 and hit the AFC championship game the Jets have gotten progressively worse every subsequent season 2011 going 8-8 and looking like a sub 500 season in 2012. Its not 100% Ryan's fault but I think that Mike Tannenbaum will be fired at the end of the season and Ryan will not be far behind.

Pat Shurmur (Cle)

Shurmur was Mike Holmgren's pick at head coach and honestly I believe he should get another few years at the position because it seems as though the Browns are at the cusp of turning this terrible franchise around. I think that the new ownership will go full clean house as the Browns will be a top 5 pick once again this season.

Norv Turner (SD)

Its really a move that should have been made last season GM AJ Smith and Norv Turner are both going to be out as GM and Head Coach of the San Diego Chargers. This once proud franchise has been inconsistent and out of the playoffs in the past two seasons and three of their past four seasons. In an organization that fired former coach of the year Marty Schottenheimer after a winning season and playoff birth I can't see them keeping this mediocrity at the head coaching position.

Andy Reid

The owner came out today and said that Andy's job would be re-evaluated after this season the Eagles are a long shot to make the playoffs this season they would have to win 6 of 8 games to get to 9-7 which is likely the lowest needed to get the wild card. If the Eagles don't make the playoffs I don't see any way that they don't let Andy Reid go. We'll see him on ESPN or NFLN so he can take it easy for the next couple of years and then he'll make a comeback.

Jason Garrett (Dal)

For a guy who is suppose to be some sort of Offensive genius the offense is rather unproductive. His tenure as head coach is going to bring two of the three worse seasons since 2005.

Broth's top coaching candidates

The Obvious

Bill Cowher

Cowher is a guy who left on his own terms 2x coach of the year and Super Bowl Champion. He wants full control of the organization it seems like a nice fit for the Chargers or Jets if in fact he decides to un-retire.

John Gruden

Once again Super Bowl winner who has stayed around the game doing things like Gruden's QB camp and Monday Night Football I think that there may be people looking for him to take the position.

The Rest

Bill O'Brian HC Penn State

I know this isn't a guy on most people's list but the way I see it Penn State is doing much better than they could have been expected specially when you take into account the scandal and the loss of top players. Yet right now they are 5-2 and IMO that shows competency at the head coach position add to the fact he was also OC under Bill Belichick for a team that went to the super bowl I think he should garner significant consideration if he is willing to leave Penn State position.

Mike Nolan

I know I know Nolan had a disaster of a head coaching stint while he was the coach of the 49ers but since then he was the DC for the Broncos, Dolphins, and now the Falcons everywhere he goes good D's follow. It might be time to give him a second shot.

Rob Ryan

Once again poor stint as the HC and his brother fail boating in NY are really going to hold Rob back but I don't think anyone can deny how great he has been coaching the defense in Cleveland and Dallas to this point.

DEATH NOTE MAFIA SIGNUP!

Quote:
Old 11-07-2012, 01:21 PM    (permalink
Grizzlegom
Mr. Rogers
All-Pro

Grizzlegom is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Grizzlegom is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Grizzlegom is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Grizzlegom is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Grizzlegom is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Grizzlegom is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Grizzlegom is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Grizzlegom is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Grizzlegom is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Grizzlegom is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Grizzlegom is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Brothgar View Post
Bill O'Brien HC Penn State

I know this isn't a guy on most people's list but the way I see it Penn State is doing much better than they could have been expected specially when you take into account the scandal and the loss of top players. Yet right now they are 5-2 and IMO that shows competency at the head coach position add to the fact he was also OC under Bill Belichick for a team that went to the super bowl I think he should garner significant consideration if he is willing to leave Penn State position.
You stay the ---- away from him NFL!

sig by BoneKrusher
Grizzlegom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-07-2012, 01:21 PM    (permalink
BeerBaron
Team Leader
Legend

BeerBaron is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BeerBaron is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BeerBaron is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BeerBaron is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BeerBaron is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BeerBaron is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BeerBaron is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BeerBaron is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BeerBaron is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BeerBaron is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BeerBaron is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Bill O'Brien's buyout basically equates to whatever is left on his 5 year contract, so it's unlikely anyone pays that in the next couple of seasons. Maybe come year 4 or 5 it's possible, but not before then.
Old 11-07-2012, 01:33 PM    (permalink
jrdrylie
All-NFLDC

jrdrylie is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jrdrylie is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jrdrylie is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jrdrylie is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jrdrylie is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jrdrylie is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jrdrylie is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jrdrylie is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jrdrylie is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jrdrylie is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jrdrylie is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

With how well the Colts have done this year, how much of a look does Bruce Arians get?

Quote:
Originally Posted by SolidGold View Post
Bortlezzzzzzz
Quote:
Originally Posted by Monomach View Post
Brilliant letting one of Scott Pioli's henchmen have his own team to ruin.  One of the premier GM jobs in the NFL and it gets handed to a stupid **** who makes three facepalm moves for every good one.  Awesome.  Just like handing a new Mercedes to a 16 year old girl who's already been in three wrecks. 
jrdrylie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-07-2012, 02:10 PM    (permalink
killxswitch
Mage Bros
All-Pro

killxswitch is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.killxswitch is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.killxswitch is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.killxswitch is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.killxswitch is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.killxswitch is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.killxswitch is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.killxswitch is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.killxswitch is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.killxswitch is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.killxswitch is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by jrdrylie View Post
With how well the Colts have done this year, how much of a look does Bruce Arians get?
I've wondered the same. He's pretty old but that may not dissuade some.

i done stole dis sig
killxswitch is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-08-2012, 10:32 AM    (permalink
jrdrylie
All-NFLDC

jrdrylie is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jrdrylie is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jrdrylie is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jrdrylie is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jrdrylie is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jrdrylie is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jrdrylie is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jrdrylie is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jrdrylie is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jrdrylie is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jrdrylie is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

How do Chief fans feel about hiring Chip Kelly? I think with him bringing that hurry-up, agressive offense with Geno Smith leading the way, it would be pretty awesome. Charles seems like he'd be a good fit and I would bet Kelly could find a way to utilize McCluster more effectively.

Quote:
Bortlezzzzzzz
Quote:
Brilliant letting one of Scott Pioli's henchmen have his own team to ruin.  One of the premier GM jobs in the NFL and it gets handed to a stupid **** who makes three facepalm moves for every good one.  Awesome.  Just like handing a new Mercedes to a 16 year old girl who's already been in three wrecks. 
Old 11-08-2012, 10:52 AM    (permalink
A Perfect Score
Resident Alcoholic
All-NFLDC

A Perfect Score is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.A Perfect Score is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.A Perfect Score is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.A Perfect Score is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.A Perfect Score is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.A Perfect Score is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.A Perfect Score is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.A Perfect Score is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.A Perfect Score is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.A Perfect Score is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.A Perfect Score is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by jrdrylie View Post
How do Chief fans feel about hiring Chip Kelly? I think with him bringing that hurry-up, agressive offense with Geno Smith leading the way, it would be pretty awesome. Charles seems like he'd be a good fit and I would bet Kelly could find a way to utilize McCluster more effectively.
Why would he leave a sweet gig at Oregon to go coach the Chiefs?
Quote:
Originally Posted by killxswitch View Post
Tears for Fears is better than whatever it is you happen to be thinking about right now.
A Perfect Score is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-08-2012, 10:55 AM    (permalink
BeerBaron
Team Leader
Legend

BeerBaron is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BeerBaron is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BeerBaron is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BeerBaron is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BeerBaron is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BeerBaron is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BeerBaron is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BeerBaron is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BeerBaron is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BeerBaron is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BeerBaron is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by A Perfect Score View Post
Football coaches necessarily have big egos and they all want to succeed at the highest level eventually. Plus, he can follow in the footsteps of Saban. If he fails in the pros, he'll be able to name his price to return to college at practically any school in the nation with a vacancy.
Old 11-08-2012, 10:55 AM    (permalink
CashmoneyDrew
Icon

CashmoneyDrew is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CashmoneyDrew is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CashmoneyDrew is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CashmoneyDrew is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CashmoneyDrew is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CashmoneyDrew is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CashmoneyDrew is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CashmoneyDrew is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CashmoneyDrew is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CashmoneyDrew is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CashmoneyDrew is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Flirted heavily with the Bucs last year. KC is a better job, IMO.
Old 11-08-2012, 11:00 AM    (permalink
BeerBaron
Team Leader
Legend

Quote:
Originally Posted by CashmoneyDrew View Post
Flirted heavily with the Bucs last year. KC is a better job, IMO.
Of course it is. No Josh Freeman there.

Old 11-08-2012, 11:05 AM    (permalink
vidae
SWDC Mafia
Legend

vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I wouldn't be thrilled with Chip Kelly but anything is better than this. I want Ray Horton or Dave Toub.

** RIP themaninblack. You will be missed. **
vidae is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-08-2012, 11:07 AM    (permalink
BeerBaron
Team Leader
Legend

Quote:
Originally Posted by vidae View Post
I wouldn't be thrilled with Chip Kelly but anything is better than this. I want Ray Horton or Dave Toub.
Absolutely not. Take Marinelli or Tice, but leave Toub alone.
Old 11-08-2012, 11:08 AM    (permalink
jrdrylie
All-NFLDC

Quote:
If he wins a National Championship this season, he's gone to the NFL. If he doesn't, I could see him returning to try to win one. But he will be in the NFL within three years and I think he'll have his pick of whatever job he wants.

Quote:
Originally Posted by vidae View Post

Any particular reason why?

Quote:
Bortlezzzzzzz
Quote:
Old 11-08-2012, 11:18 AM    (permalink
vidae
SWDC Mafia
Legend

vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I'm not confident that his offense could work in the NFL. Maybe for half a season, but once NFL defenses figure it out? It won't be pretty.

** RIP themaninblack. You will be missed. **
vidae is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-08-2012, 03:10 PM    (permalink
Job Reborn
Veteran

Job Reborn is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Job Reborn is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Job Reborn is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Job Reborn is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Job Reborn is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Job Reborn is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Job Reborn is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Job Reborn is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Job Reborn is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Job Reborn is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Job Reborn is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Because obviously he wouldn't modify anything.
Job Reborn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-08-2012, 03:39 PM    (permalink
bearsfan_51
The Professor (Hall of Famer)
Legend

bearsfan_51 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bearsfan_51 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bearsfan_51 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bearsfan_51 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bearsfan_51 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bearsfan_51 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bearsfan_51 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bearsfan_51 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bearsfan_51 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bearsfan_51 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bearsfan_51 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

If he's going to have to heavily modify his offense, what's the point of hiring him? How'd Steve Spurrier work out in the NFL?

It's like buying a sports car and then using it to haul firewood.

Nobody cares about your stupid fantasy team.
bearsfan_51 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-08-2012, 04:37 PM    (permalink
King Carls 5 Year Plan
Veteran

King Carls 5 Year Plan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.King Carls 5 Year Plan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.King Carls 5 Year Plan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.King Carls 5 Year Plan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.King Carls 5 Year Plan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.King Carls 5 Year Plan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.King Carls 5 Year Plan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.King Carls 5 Year Plan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.King Carls 5 Year Plan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.King Carls 5 Year Plan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.King Carls 5 Year Plan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

honestly, i havent even thought of Chip Kelly as a possibility. i have been more concentrated on the more obvious names: Cower, Gruden, Horton and so on. i dont know that Kelly is a bad choice. with a new QB, obviously Geno would be the best fit, we have good personel to fit his offense. add a few quick WRs. i really like that he likes to run the ball. he isn't just a zone read passing offense. running the ball will help with ToP and giving his defense a needed breather. it seems like is offense has a much greater diversity to it than alot of the college schemes, right now. the more i talk about it, the more it seems ok with me. like vidae said, anything is better than what we got.
King Carls 5 Year Plan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-22-2012, 07:27 PM    (permalink
Monomach
All-Pro

Monomach is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Monomach is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Monomach is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Monomach is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Monomach is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Monomach is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Monomach is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Monomach is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Monomach is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Monomach is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Monomach is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:

Rob Ryan

Once again poor stint as the HC and his brother fail boating in NY are really going to hold Rob back but I don't think anyone can deny how great he has been coaching the defense in Cleveland and Dallas to this point.
That never happened...?
Monomach is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-23-2012, 01:26 AM    (permalink
Brothgar
Team Leader
All-NFLDC

Quote:
That never happened...?
-_- for some reason I thought he was a HC for Oakland. I guess they just showed more of Ryan than whomever their head coach was.

DEATH NOTE MAFIA SIGNUP!

Quote:
Old 11-23-2012, 04:51 AM    (permalink
nobodyinparticular
Hall of Famer
Legend

nobodyinparticular is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nobodyinparticular is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nobodyinparticular is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nobodyinparticular is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nobodyinparticular is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nobodyinparticular is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nobodyinparticular is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nobodyinparticular is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nobodyinparticular is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nobodyinparticular is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nobodyinparticular is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
-_- for some reason I thought he was a HC for Oakland. I guess they just showed more of Ryan than whomever their head coach was.
Ryan lasted through quite a few different head coaches, so that might be why he seemed to be the face of the Raiders. He worked with Norv Turner, Art Shell, Lane Kiffin and Tom Cable. On a side note, he was only DC from 04-08, so the fact that he worked for that many head coaches is just depressing as a Raiders fan.

Oldie but a goodie.
nobodyinparticular is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-23-2012, 02:49 PM    (permalink
BeerBaron
Team Leader
Legend

Quote:
Kind of exactly how they do it now in Dallas? Watch a Cowboys game and you'll probably come away thinking Ryan is the HC. He's more interesting visually with his unusual look and how animated he is, but he's still just the DC.