Draft Countdown Forums

Go Back   Draft Countdown Forums > Draft Countdown Forums > Pro Football

Pro Football Discuss professional football.

Old 04-18-2007, 01:55 PM    (permalink
GiantRutgersFan
Veteran

GiantRutgersFan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.GiantRutgersFan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.GiantRutgersFan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.GiantRutgersFan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.GiantRutgersFan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.GiantRutgersFan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.GiantRutgersFan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.GiantRutgersFan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.GiantRutgersFan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.GiantRutgersFan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.GiantRutgersFan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

NFC

East: NY Giants
North: Chicago
South: New Orleans
West: St. Louis

Wildcard: Philly, Green Bay

Green Bay will go 5-1 in that division, splitting with the bears and beating the crapass Vikings and Lions twice, so they squeek in.

AFC

East- Patriots

South-Colts

North- Steelers

West-Denver

Wildcard- Bungles, Chargers

Baltimore barely missing out.
Old 04-18-2007, 01:56 PM    (permalink
bigbluedefense
Tom Haverford
Legend

bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Sigh.....

The knicks extend Isiah Thomas, then lose 12 of the next 13 games, eliminating themselves from the playoffs....

sigh.....

I don't know what was more painful, sucking this bad to a point where its laughable, or getting my heart crushed in by Jordan and the refs every playoffs during the 90s.

I still hate Jordan. Every real Knick fan does. Damn you Jordan. Damn you to hell.

And you too Reggie Miller. You frog/rat.

And you too Charles Smith!!! Dammit, we shouldve beat em. JUST DUNK IT!!! JUST DUNK IT YOU FOOL!!!!

*cries in the corner*
Old 04-18-2007, 01:59 PM    (permalink
bsaza2358
Arch-Bishop
Icon

bsaza2358 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bsaza2358 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bsaza2358 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bsaza2358 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bsaza2358 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bsaza2358 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bsaza2358 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bsaza2358 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bsaza2358 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bsaza2358 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bsaza2358 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Reggie Miller is a Farengi. If you watched Star Trek in the 1990's, you know what I mean.

Separated at birth???

I am "America's Poster"... http://www.nfldraftcountdown.com/for...9&postcount=25

Last edited by bsaza2358 : 04-18-2007 at 02:02 PM.
bsaza2358 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-18-2007, 02:01 PM    (permalink
bigbluedefense
Tom Haverford
Legend

bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by bsaza2358 View Post
Reggie Miller is a Farengi. If you watched Star Trek in the 1990's, you know what I mean.

Separated at birth???

[img]http://z.about.com/d/movies/1/0/X/C/8/glory26010506.jpg[/img]
[img]http://mario.lapam.mo.it/ds9/gifs/quark.jpg [/img]
AHAHAHAHA

I wonder if anyone ever called him that. And if they did, I wonder if he ever got the joke.
Old 04-18-2007, 02:03 PM    (permalink
bsaza2358
Arch-Bishop
Icon

bsaza2358 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bsaza2358 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bsaza2358 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bsaza2358 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bsaza2358 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bsaza2358 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bsaza2358 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bsaza2358 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bsaza2358 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bsaza2358 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bsaza2358 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

See the edits above.

My Knick fan friends called him that all the time. Of course, they never had close seats to see the Knicks-Pacers games, so they just screamed it at the TV...

I am "America's Poster"... http://www.nfldraftcountdown.com/for...9&postcount=25

Old 04-18-2007, 04:18 PM    (permalink
bryanGENE

Quote:
Originally Posted by bsaza2358 View Post
The Celtics are the premier franchise in NBA history. Any neutral party with knowledge of NBA history will tell you that...
well it could be argued. they are the two most storied nba franchises. when it comes to the nfl, it's the cowboys..ergo america's team.

/end
Old 04-18-2007, 04:25 PM    (permalink
Big Mike
Veteran

Big Mike hopes to escalate quickly but not get out of hand.

1.Philly - Ignore Homerism, I really believe this
2.Bears
3.Saints
4.Seahawks
5.Cowboys
6.49ers

1. Pats
2. Ravens
3. Chargers
4. Colts
5. Steelers If they get Leon Hall, Otherwise the Broncos
6. Jets

ALL COMPLIMENTS TO: BANTX FOR THE SIG

XBOX360 Gamertag: GZA88
Big Mike is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-18-2007, 04:36 PM    (permalink
bsaza2358
Arch-Bishop
Icon

Quote:
Originally Posted by bryanGENE View Post
well it could be argued. they are the two most storied nba franchises. when it comes to the nfl, it's the cowboys..ergo america's team.

/end
The Cowboys are not definitely the greatest franchise in football history. An argument can be made for several other teams, including the Packers, Bears, Giants, Steelers, Raiders, and Colts. I'm sure I missed a few teams in there, but I put down the biggies off the top of my head. Irregular periods of dominance in a sport that is not recognized as America's Pastime or America's Sport immediately disqualifies any NFL team from calling itself "America's Team" without subjecting itself to tremendous ridicule. It is an abomination that this has continued for so long.

Old 04-18-2007, 04:51 PM    (permalink
OSUGiants17
All-NFLDC

Location: I feel like a, like a slice o' butter,melting on top of a big-ol pile of flapjacks...yeah
OSUGiants17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.OSUGiants17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.OSUGiants17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.OSUGiants17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.OSUGiants17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.OSUGiants17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.OSUGiants17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.OSUGiants17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.OSUGiants17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.OSUGiants17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.OSUGiants17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

NFC

South- New Orleans

North- Chicago

West- Seattle

East- Giants

WC- 49ers

WC- GreenBay

AFC

South- Indianopolis

North- Cincinatti

West- San Diego

East- New York

WC- New England

WC- Miami
________
LovelyWendie99

Last edited by OSUGiants17 : 05-10-2011 at 08:59 PM.
OSUGiants17 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-18-2007, 05:00 PM    (permalink
Shiver
Icon

Shiver is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Shiver is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Shiver is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Shiver is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Shiver is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Shiver is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Shiver is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Shiver is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Shiver is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Shiver is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Shiver is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by bigbluedefense View Post
If you think about it, they really can get in.

Their offense is not nearly as bad as Carr made it look. They have a decent oline, and with the ZBS, they'll have a solid run game if they get a good back in the draft. If not, they can still have a decent run game with what they got.

If their HC can make Jake Plummer tolerable...I have high hopes that he can turn Schaub into a winner. Schaub will have a good year there. And Andre Johnson will have a breakout year.

Plus, they have a decent TE that will garner some media attention next year as well.

On defense, they have a playmaker in 2 out of the 3 phases of defense. Theyre a Brandon Merriweather in round 2 away from having a playmaker in all 3 sections of the defense. They will get better defensively with another year of development and with good drafting.

Basically, I feel that if Houston can come out with a good draft, they have the coaching staff and pieces in place to make a spash next year.

And theyre due for the playoffs. In this league of parity, its hard to suck for that long. They gotta make it to the dance sooner or later.

This could be a bulletin in this upcoming year's truths thread come to think of it...*jots this down*
Quote:
Originally Posted by Shiver View Post
Well they did finish the season 6-7. With wins over the Jaguars twice, and against the Colts. Three of those losses came by one possession. They started out horribly while they adjusted to the scheme.

They have a young defense, with a lot of talent. They're going to improve by default, just because of experience.

Their offense is going to improve just by two moves; replacing Carr with Schaub. Who I think is a major improvement. As well as adding Ahman Green to the mix at RB. They have also bolstered the O-Line depth, and will surely add more in the draft.

Jerome Mathis is a impact returner, who will be healthy this year.

I really, really like Gary Kubiak as the head coach.

I demand Commie thank us for putting ourselves on the line, in supporting his team.

Shiver is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-18-2007, 05:19 PM    (permalink
GermanSaint
Veteran

GermanSaint hopes to escalate quickly but not get out of hand.

i love how everyone every year is on the falcons bandwaggon once again , just to eat the crow in december/january. iam not sold on them , same like carolina for NFC champion AND Arizona for the next step...
Old 04-18-2007, 05:20 PM    (permalink
San Diego Chicken
Pro Bowler

San Diego Chicken is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.San Diego Chicken is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.San Diego Chicken is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.San Diego Chicken is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.San Diego Chicken is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.San Diego Chicken is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.San Diego Chicken is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.San Diego Chicken is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.San Diego Chicken is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.San Diego Chicken is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.San Diego Chicken is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
I demand Commie thank us for putting ourselves on the line, in supporting his team.
Curious as to why you have so much confidence in Kubiak. Shanahan has absolutely no coaching tree whatsoever, which is astonishing considering he's been a HC for years. He's a control freak and his assistants have little/no input from what I gather. Kubiak was passed over for job after job even when the Broncos were in their prime winning Super Bowls. I think he was only hired in Houston because he's from the area.
Old 04-18-2007, 05:21 PM    (permalink
Shiver
Icon

Shiver is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Shiver is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Shiver is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Shiver is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Shiver is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Shiver is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Shiver is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Shiver is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Shiver is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Shiver is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Shiver is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by GermanSaint View Post
i love how everyone every year is on the falcons bandwaggon once again , just to eat the crow in december/january. iam not sold on them , same like carolina for NFC champion AND Arizona for the next step...

Who is on the Falcons band-wagon, really? Carolina, on the other hand, has had one for the past four years.

Old 04-18-2007, 05:30 PM    (permalink
GermanSaint
Veteran

GermanSaint hopes to escalate quickly but not get out of hand.

Quote:
Who is on the Falcons band-wagon, really? Carolina, on the other hand, has had one for the past four years.
ok but the nfc south is like russian roulette and mostly one injury away from being a elite division . also i dont see yours improvement in the offseason , the only thing you guys took away was the "QB Controversy"... you are weak in the DL , you want to build a whole new OL + Blocking scheme , schaub is away , so there is no competition on QB and no real competition at RB . Yeah you got horn , but he is more of a mentor than a real threat.
iam not sold on Hall and Rossum as a passdefending duo since both are some toast.

sorry , i dont wanna be pretentious but its the first offseason for a long time where i see the saints as the nearly sure NFC South champ
Old 04-18-2007, 05:33 PM    (permalink
terribletowel39
All-Pro

terribletowel39 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.terribletowel39 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.terribletowel39 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.terribletowel39 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.terribletowel39 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.terribletowel39 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.terribletowel39 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.terribletowel39 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.terribletowel39 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.terribletowel39 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.terribletowel39 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Big Mike View Post
1.Philly - Ignore Homerism, I really believe this
2.Bears
3.Saints
4.Seahawks
5.Cowboys
6.49ers

1. Pats
2. Ravens
3. Chargers
4. Colts
5. Steelers If they get Leon Hall, Otherwise the Broncos
6. Jets
no offense but that doesn't make any sense. we hardly ever play our rookies so how is a rookie CB who even if he is picked up won't start going to help us make the playoffs??

Silverback....still the best.

+rep to Jakey for the sig
terribletowel39 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-18-2007, 05:38 PM    (permalink
neko4
All-NFLDC

neko4 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.neko4 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.neko4 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.neko4 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.neko4 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.neko4 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.neko4 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.neko4 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.neko4 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.neko4 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.neko4 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

NFC North-Chicago
NFC South-New Orleans
NFC West-San Fran
NFC East-Washington
WC-Green Bay
WC-Arizona(Close teams: CAR,MIN,DAL)

AFC North-Cincy
AFC South-Indy
AFC West-San Diego
AFC East-New England
WC-Baltimore
WC-Jacksonville(Close:KC,DEN,BUF)

Sig thanks to Bonekrusher
neko4 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-18-2007, 05:40 PM    (permalink
Modano
Veteran

Modano is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Modano is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Modano is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Modano is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Modano is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Modano is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Modano is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Modano is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Modano is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Modano is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Modano is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I really don't know how someone can say, right now, that the Giants have a chance to win the division. The NFC East will be a good battle, but I think the Giants are in bad position.
They lost their MVP in Barber, and they will replace him with Droughns and a promising Jacobs. They lost their starting LT and they have a young QB who doesn't play good under pressure. Their defense is based on their DEs, if they got hurt like last year they're in trouble. They lost both their starting OLB and their interior line isn't that good too. On the secondary they have mediocre CBs, and the play of their safeties last year was bad.
Even their WR corp has problem, because other than Plaxico they don't have much. Toomer is old and coming from a major injury, Carter is just bad, and is Moss the answer?
Every team in the NFC East have question marks, but I think the Giants have too much.

In Bob We Trust

John Madden's wedding video business

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8ddPHJWkPvU
Modano is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-18-2007, 06:02 PM    (permalink
stl9erfan
Veteran

stl9erfan could make a wolverine purr.stl9erfan could make a wolverine purr.stl9erfan could make a wolverine purr.stl9erfan could make a wolverine purr.stl9erfan could make a wolverine purr.stl9erfan could make a wolverine purr.stl9erfan could make a wolverine purr.

My predictions:

AFC:
East-- Patriots
North-- Ravens
South-- Indianapolis
West-- Chargers
Wildcard-- Broncos
Wildcard-- Bengals

NFC:
East-- Eagles
North-- Bears
South-- Saints
West-- 49ers
Wildcard-- Buccaneers
Wildcard-- Seahawks

Close but not quite: Jaguars, Cowboys, Jets, Panthers

Last edited by stl9erfan : 04-18-2007 at 06:04 PM.
stl9erfan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-18-2007, 06:25 PM    (permalink
cardsalltheway
Veteran

cardsalltheway is a cocksman.cardsalltheway is a cocksman.cardsalltheway is a cocksman.

AFC:
East-- New England
North-- Cincinnati
South-- Indianapolis
West-- Denver
Wildcard-- San Diego
Wildcard-- Jacksonville

NFC:
East-- Dallas
North-- Chicago
South-- Tampa Bay
West-- St. Louis
Wildcard-- Seattle
Wildcard-- Philadelphia

Designs by D-Unit

ILEMTPKC - I Love Eli Manning <The Patriots Killer> Club
cardsalltheway is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-18-2007, 07:22 PM    (permalink
Big Mike
Veteran

Big Mike hopes to escalate quickly but not get out of hand.

Quote:
Originally Posted by terribletowel39 View Post
no offense but that doesn't make any sense. we hardly ever play our rookies so how is a rookie CB who even if he is picked up won't start going to help us make the playoffs??
in that case exclude thge steelers. the AFC is wwayyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyy to hard

ALL COMPLIMENTS TO: BANTX FOR THE SIG

XBOX360 Gamertag: GZA88
Big Mike is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-18-2007, 08:16 PM    (permalink
GiantRutgersFan
Veteran

GiantRutgersFan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.GiantRutgersFan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.GiantRutgersFan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.GiantRutgersFan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.GiantRutgersFan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.GiantRutgersFan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.GiantRutgersFan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.GiantRutgersFan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.GiantRutgersFan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.GiantRutgersFan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.GiantRutgersFan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Modano View Post
I really don't know how someone can say, right now, that the Giants have a chance to win the division. The NFC East will be a good battle, but I think the Giants are in bad position.
They lost their MVP in Barber, and they will replace him with Droughns and a promising Jacobs. They lost their starting LT and they have a young QB who doesn't play good under pressure. Their defense is based on their DEs, if they got hurt like last year they're in trouble. They lost both their starting OLB and their interior line isn't that good too. On the secondary they have mediocre CBs, and the play of their safeties last year was bad.
Even their WR corp has problem, because other than Plaxico they don't have much. Toomer is old and coming from a major injury, Carter is just bad, and is Moss the answer?
Every team in the NFC East have question marks, but I think the Giants have too much.

your wrong friend. the Geeeeee men have it going on. I garuantee a playoff berth next season. We had the hardest schedule in the league this year, plus massive injurys. Next year we have a cake schedule and I am expecting Eli to have a pro bowl year

As for the Knicks, the 90's teams were so much better. They were a gritty team with an attitude. I was pumped up each and every year. The knicks nowadays are just hard to watch, a disgrace, and a prime example of having retards managing a team.

Minus like 3 guys, theyre terrible....
Old 04-18-2007, 08:21 PM    (permalink
Bengals1690
Veteran

Bengals1690 hopes to escalate quickly but not get out of hand.Bengals1690 hopes to escalate quickly but not get out of hand.

Quote:
Originally Posted by GiantRutgersFan View Post
your wrong friend. the Geeeeee men have it going on. I garuantee a playoff berth next season. We had the hardest schedule in the league this year, plus massive injurys. Next year we have a cake schedule and I am expecting Eli to have a pro bowl year

wrong friend. I guarantee the giants WONT make the playoffs this year. there offense is ehh and there defense is blah. and you expect eli to have a probowl year ever year.

Quote:
Originally Posted by mythbusta View Post
i love my pedestal. thats why im the mythbusta.
who dey?

Last edited by Bengals1690 : 04-18-2007 at 08:41 PM.
Bengals1690 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-18-2007, 08:40 PM    (permalink
Shiver
Icon

Quote:
Originally Posted by GiantRutgersFan View Post

On what grounds do you "garuantee" this playoff berth? What are the stakes? Would you leave, and never return if the Giants and Eli Manning don't succeed next year?

Old 04-18-2007, 08:53 PM    (permalink
Boston
All-Pro

Boston is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Boston is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Boston is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Boston is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Boston is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Boston is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Boston is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Boston is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Boston is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Boston is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Boston is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
On what grounds do you "garuantee" this playoff berth? What are the stakes? Would you leave, and never return if the Giants and Eli Manning don't succeed next year?
Things may get interesting...

And by the way, you spelled guarantee pretty badly. I normally don't comment, but that just looks bad.

EDIT: Ahhh, I get it now.

Hitman D

"The mass of men lead lives of quiet desperation." - Henry David Thoreau
Boston is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-18-2007, 08:54 PM    (permalink
Shiver
Icon

Quote:
Originally Posted by Boston View Post
Things may get interesting...

And by the way, you spelled guarantee pretty badly. I normally don't comment, but that just looks bad.

EDIT: Ahhh, I get it now.
The art of the quotation mark. Learn it, love it, live by it.