Draft Countdown Forums

Go Back   Draft Countdown Forums > The Locker Room > Off Topic

Off Topic Almost Anything Goes

View Poll Results: Is Channing Frye the most influential NBA PLAYER EVER?
Yes 623421 100.00%
No 0 0%
Voters: 623421. You may not vote on this poll

Old 11-08-2012, 02:16 AM    (permalink
Vikes99ej
Icon

Vikes99ej is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Vikes99ej is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Vikes99ej is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Vikes99ej is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Vikes99ej is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Vikes99ej is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Vikes99ej is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Vikes99ej is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Vikes99ej is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Vikes99ej is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Vikes99ej is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Brodeur View Post
I think so. I'm pretty sure Kobe is going to rape someone tonight.
Fixed that for you.
Vikes99ej is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-08-2012, 02:17 AM    (permalink
WMD
Suck it Metsox
Legend

WMD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.WMD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.WMD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.WMD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.WMD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.WMD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.WMD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.WMD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.WMD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.WMD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.WMD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Kyle Singler is the best white player in NBA History.
Old 11-08-2012, 02:57 AM    (permalink
SickwithIt1010
All-Pro

SickwithIt1010 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SickwithIt1010 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SickwithIt1010 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SickwithIt1010 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SickwithIt1010 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SickwithIt1010 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SickwithIt1010 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SickwithIt1010 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SickwithIt1010 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SickwithIt1010 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SickwithIt1010 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by bantx View Post
I know Mike Brown has a lot to do with their bad play. But can you blame him for the team shooting horribly, bad passes, or not even catching passes?
No you cant but you can blame him for his amazing rotation that consists of Darius Morris, Ebanks, Jamison, Hill and Gasol on the court at the same time. What a ******* bright idea that is. Jamison is too slow to guard the 3 and is an average offensive player when made a 3. Ebanks is too slow to guard 2's. Darius Morris doesn't belong in the NBA. Hill is a scrapper and Gasol is horrible on defense so this so called "defensive" 2nd unit is ******* crap.

The team isnt responding to him. Watch Kobe and Dwights reactions and facial expressions when the guy speaks. He is very hard to respect. He plays Kobe and Dwight 40+ mins regularly after preaching he would "watch Kobe's minutes" this season, but now that they are off to a slow start he will do anything and everything to save his job. The guy is a ******* embarrassment to be coaching in the NBA. Riding off of Pops success, and Lebron's work in Cleveland.

Quote:
Originally Posted by 49erNation85 View Post
I wouldn't be sir prized if he passed McCoy on the depth chart. I think he might have a better arm and accurate arm then him from the highlights I thought. He also got some wheels too help us prepare for QB's as Wilson , RG3 and other runners etc.
SickwithIt1010 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-08-2012, 05:41 AM    (permalink
pierce2walker
Pro Bowler

pierce2walker is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.pierce2walker is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.pierce2walker is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.pierce2walker is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.pierce2walker is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.pierce2walker is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.pierce2walker is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.pierce2walker is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.pierce2walker is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.pierce2walker is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.pierce2walker is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I'm kind of with bantx in the sense that, yes I agree Mike Brown isn't a great coach, BUT so many of the things that are hurting the Lakers right now are just fundamental basics that have nothing to do with him. Players screaming for calls instead of getting back on defense doesn't help, nor does continually leaving a hot Randy Foye open play after play. A lack of shooters also seems like it could be an issue. Brown isn't great to say the least, but at this point he's getting scapegoated for everything. The Laker expectations were also ridiculously high to an almost unachievable level. If these problems are still happening midway through the season then it's an issue.
Old 11-08-2012, 10:07 AM    (permalink
bigbluedefense
Tom Haverford
Legend

bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Hey guys, guess who the only undefeated team in the NBA is?

#KnicksIn2013
Old 11-08-2012, 10:17 AM    (permalink
Forenci
Super Monkey Balls
All-Pro

Forenci is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Forenci is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Forenci is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Forenci is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Forenci is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Forenci is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Forenci is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Forenci is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Forenci is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Forenci is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Forenci is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by bigbluedefense View Post
Hey guys, guess who the only undefeated team in the NBA is?

#KnicksIn2013
Haha. I'm surprised we beat the Heat but we have faced an injured Philly team twice.

The Heat are just so damn good. Ray Allen must be loving all the looks he's been getting. I just can't see us beating them.
Old 11-08-2012, 10:20 AM    (permalink
bigbluedefense
Tom Haverford
Legend

bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

We have a puncher's chance. We have size, depth and defense. And while old and fat, our perimeter is 10 times better than it was last year.

Melo at the 4 vs LeBron should be fun to watch also.
Old 11-08-2012, 10:23 AM    (permalink
Forenci
Super Monkey Balls
All-Pro

Forenci is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Forenci is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Forenci is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Forenci is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Forenci is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Forenci is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Forenci is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Forenci is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Forenci is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Forenci is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Forenci is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
We have a puncher's chance. We have size, depth and defense. And while old and fat, our perimeter is 10 times better than it was last year.

Melo at the 4 vs LeBron should be fun to watch also.
Well LeBron handled Melo quite well in the first game. I just think we're too old and slow to keep up with the Heat in the playoffs - much less some of the other teams in the league.

I'm just depressed by the Knicks. We went from a young, solid group to old and slow. And eventually our threes and offense is going to slow down because Woodson is terrible.
Old 11-08-2012, 10:28 AM    (permalink
bigbluedefense
Tom Haverford
Legend

Don't stress about age. The Celtics have been ancient for 3 years now and they are competitive. We have enough depth that we don't have to play these old guys 40 minutes a night. Give em 20 a night, sometimes 10 or a day off, and we'll be fine.

Plus the schedule isn't so condensed this year.

Woodson is a good coach. Look at our defense. I'm not so worried about offense. Players score. You don't have to be a genius to draw up plays to score. Good players score. What you get out of your team on the defensive end is where a coach earns his money.
Old 11-08-2012, 12:01 PM    (permalink
thefalconer
Pro Bowler

thefalconer is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thefalconer is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thefalconer is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thefalconer is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thefalconer is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thefalconer is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thefalconer is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thefalconer is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thefalconer is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thefalconer is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thefalconer is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Players score. You don't have to be a genius to draw up plays to score. Good players score. What you get out of your team on the defensive end is where a coach earns his money.
tell that to mike brown.
thefalconer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-08-2012, 12:15 PM    (permalink
bantx
I have a Custom Title
All-NFLDC

bantx is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bantx is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bantx is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bantx is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bantx is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bantx is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bantx is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bantx is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bantx is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bantx is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bantx is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

The Mavericks are going to run circles around the old ass knicks with out speed. I just hate that we're going to play without our best defender; Marion could've held Melo down to earth and now I'm not positive who will get the assignment in gaurding him.

bantx is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-08-2012, 12:32 PM    (permalink
WMD
Suck it Metsox
Legend

WMD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.WMD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.WMD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.WMD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.WMD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.WMD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.WMD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.WMD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.WMD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.WMD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.WMD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I wonder how often Mike Brown looks over and expects to see LeBron on the Lakers bench. He probably calls everybody "LeBron" too.
Old 11-08-2012, 01:55 PM    (permalink
Forenci
Super Monkey Balls
All-Pro

Quote:
Don't stress about age. The Celtics have been ancient for 3 years now and they are competitive. We have enough depth that we don't have to play these old guys 40 minutes a night. Give em 20 a night, sometimes 10 or a day off, and we'll be fine.

Plus the schedule isn't so condensed this year.

Woodson is a good coach. Look at our defense. I'm not so worried about offense. Players score. You don't have to be a genius to draw up plays to score. Good players score. What you get out of your team on the defensive end is where a coach earns his money.
Woodson is really not a good coach. A ton of coaches can teach defense just fine and well. Much harder to find offensive minded coaches than defensive minded ones who know what they're doing. Sure, maybe during the course of the season you can let players do their thing but in the post-season you need to be able to draw up plays effectively in moments when you need to score. Woodson can't do that.

And we're also a very different team than the Celtics. Note that it was only early on that they won their first championship. After that they got older and injured.

I can't see us going very far unless somehow Stat miraculously puts it together and doesn't have 80 year old knees.
Old 11-08-2012, 02:21 PM    (permalink
pierce2walker
Pro Bowler

pierce2walker is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.pierce2walker is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.pierce2walker is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.pierce2walker is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.pierce2walker is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.pierce2walker is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.pierce2walker is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.pierce2walker is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.pierce2walker is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.pierce2walker is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.pierce2walker is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

We will see if Ray can keep it up this year. The last few years he also got off to amazing starts, but just couldn't stay healthy and by the end of the year was pretty unreliable.
Old 11-08-2012, 02:28 PM    (permalink
gpngc
All-NFLDC

gpngc is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.gpngc is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.gpngc is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.gpngc is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.gpngc is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.gpngc is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.gpngc is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.gpngc is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.gpngc is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.gpngc is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.gpngc is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Forenci View Post
Woodson is really not a good coach. A ton of coaches can teach defense just fine and well. Much harder to find offensive minded coaches than defensive minded ones who know what they're doing. Sure, maybe during the course of the season you can let players do their thing but in the post-season you need to be able to draw up plays effectively in moments when you need to score. Woodson can't do that.

And we're also a very different team than the Celtics. Note that it was only early on that they won their first championship. After that they got older and injured.

I can't see us going very far unless somehow Stat miraculously puts it together and doesn't have 80 year old knees.
You are overstating the difficulty and importance of this IMMENSELY, especially on a team filled with smart, experienced veterans and arguably the best pure scorer in the league.

The Knicks don't have to play every guy big minutes every night. They have awesome depth (and it'll get better when Shumpert comes back). That's a huge advantage in an 82-game season.

With the talent and experience in the backcourt, Melo reverts back to being a wing scorer with more concentration on defensive rebounding, and not a primary ball-handler with way too many responsibilities like last year while always worrying about wtf was going on with the ball when we had Lin/Shumpert/Douglas ball-handling. Now he can just be him and let the three PGs run the show. And it's beautiful.

I just hope Chanlder stays healthy/they can rebound effectively when he's not on the court.
gpngc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-08-2012, 02:28 PM    (permalink
bigbluedefense
Tom Haverford
Legend

Quote:
Originally Posted by Forenci View Post

Players score. You think Spolstra really needed to be a genius to figure out how to clear the lane for LeBron? Or to have Ray Allen sit at the 3 point line?

Come on.

That's what separates good players from bad ones. Good players can create their own shot, good players can score. Players score.

Defense wins championships. A good coach is a defensive minded coach. All the best coaches in the league preach defense.
Old 11-08-2012, 02:32 PM    (permalink
BuckeyeDan17
Pro Bowler

BuckeyeDan17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BuckeyeDan17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BuckeyeDan17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BuckeyeDan17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BuckeyeDan17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BuckeyeDan17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BuckeyeDan17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BuckeyeDan17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BuckeyeDan17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BuckeyeDan17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BuckeyeDan17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Tristian Thompson has shown absolutely no offensive progress thus far. The ******* guy is clueless.

Moreover Kyrie Irving is one of the worst defenders in the Nba. What's it matter if you drop 30 when the dude you're facing blows right by you every possession.

Have it your way, with BK (BoneKrusher)
BuckeyeDan17 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-08-2012, 02:34 PM    (permalink
gpngc
All-NFLDC

gpngc is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.gpngc is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.gpngc is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.gpngc is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.gpngc is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.gpngc is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.gpngc is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.gpngc is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.gpngc is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.gpngc is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.gpngc is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Thompson was a vintage Tyrus Thomas/Anthony Randolph "upside... to do WHAT exactly?" draft choice so I'm not surprised.
Old 11-08-2012, 02:38 PM    (permalink
BuckeyeDan17
Pro Bowler

BuckeyeDan17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BuckeyeDan17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BuckeyeDan17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BuckeyeDan17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BuckeyeDan17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BuckeyeDan17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BuckeyeDan17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BuckeyeDan17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BuckeyeDan17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BuckeyeDan17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BuckeyeDan17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Yeah, the fan base kept raving how he could be an elite defender too because of his athleticism. Lmfao he was getting posted up by Harrison Barnes. What a twat.

Done complaining, sorry.

Have it your way, with BK (BoneKrusher)
BuckeyeDan17 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-08-2012, 02:40 PM    (permalink
bigbluedefense
Tom Haverford
Legend

Hey can we go back and look at the Melo trade and see who got the better deal?

So Denver got Chandler, Felton, Gallo, and a ****** Center.

We got Melo. Then got Felton back, and got Chandler.

Hmmmm.

So they got 2 solid #3 scorers, and we got a super star.

Hmmmmm. Gee. Sounds like we got robbed.

#KnicksIn2013
Old 11-08-2012, 02:42 PM    (permalink
gpngc
All-NFLDC

Yeah and Gallo is what he is. He can be a winning role player, but that's about it.
Old 11-08-2012, 02:46 PM    (permalink
SickwithIt1010
All-Pro

SickwithIt1010 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SickwithIt1010 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SickwithIt1010 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SickwithIt1010 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SickwithIt1010 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SickwithIt1010 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SickwithIt1010 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SickwithIt1010 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SickwithIt1010 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SickwithIt1010 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SickwithIt1010 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Defense wins championships. A good coach is a defensive minded coach. All the best coaches in the league preach defense.

I haz a sad.

Quote:
Originally Posted by 49erNation85 View Post
I wouldn't be sir prized if he passed McCoy on the depth chart. I think he might have a better arm and accurate arm then him from the highlights I thought. He also got some wheels too help us prepare for QB's as Wilson , RG3 and other runners etc.
SickwithIt1010 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-08-2012, 02:46 PM    (permalink
D-Unit
DC Administrator
Legend

D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Players score. You think Spolstra really needed to be a genius to figure out how to clear the lane for LeBron? Or to have Ray Allen sit at the 3 point line?

Come on.

That's what separates good players from bad ones. Good players can create their own shot, good players can score. Players score.

...and great GMs know how to accummulate good defensive players. ...and let sucky ones go.
D-Unit is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-08-2012, 02:51 PM    (permalink
MetSox17
Suck it Metsox
Legend

MetSox17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MetSox17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MetSox17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MetSox17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MetSox17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MetSox17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MetSox17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MetSox17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MetSox17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MetSox17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MetSox17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

For those that watched the Pistons/Kings game, how did it look? Saw Monroe had a triple double (very nice), but on the box score it looked like Cousins had a pretty much identical game outside of the assists. And it looks like we ran the iso ball offense yet again..
Old 11-08-2012, 02:51 PM    (permalink
Polamalu_is_God
Rookie

Polamalu_is_God Polamalu_is_God Polamalu_is_God Polamalu_is_God Polamalu_is_God Polamalu_is_God Polamalu_is_God Polamalu_is_God Polamalu_is_God Polamalu_is_God Polamalu_is_God

Clippers>Lakers

By:BK the God
Polamalu_is_God is offline   Reply With Quote