Draft Countdown Forums

Go Back   Draft Countdown Forums > The Locker Room > Off Topic

Off Topic Almost Anything Goes

View Poll Results: Is Channing Frye the most influential NBA PLAYER EVER?
Yes 623421 100.00%
No 0 0%
Voters: 623421. You may not vote on this poll

Old 11-08-2012, 01:58 PM    (permalink
Forenci
Super Monkey Balls
All-Pro

Forenci is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Forenci is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Forenci is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Forenci is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Forenci is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Forenci is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Forenci is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Forenci is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Forenci is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Forenci is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Forenci is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by gpngc View Post
You are overstating the difficulty and importance of this IMMENSELY, especially on a team filled with smart, experienced veterans and arguably the best pure scorer in the league.

The Knicks don't have to play every guy big minutes every night. They have awesome depth (and it'll get better when Shumpert comes back). That's a huge advantage in an 82-game season.

With the talent and experience in the backcourt, Melo reverts back to being a wing scorer with more concentration on defensive rebounding, and not a primary ball-handler with way too many responsibilities like last year while always worrying about wtf was going on with the ball when we had Lin/Shumpert/Douglas ball-handling. Now he can just be him and let the three PGs run the show. And it's beautiful.

I just hope Chanlder stays healthy/they can rebound effectively when he's not on the court.
Melo is not the best pure scorer at all. Does not do it nearly efficiently enough
to be considered that. Melo gets overrated a lot by Knicks fans. He does one and a half things well. My point is, I don't see us winning a championship. Felton isn't that good, Kidd is no longer good, and we have 35 year old point guard in his rookie year. I like him but who knows what happens with him as the year goes on.

Quote:
Originally Posted by bigbluedefense View Post
Players score. You think Spolstra really needed to be a genius to figure out how to clear the lane for LeBron? Or to have Ray Allen sit at the 3 point line?

Come on.

That's what separates good players from bad ones. Good players can create their own shot, good players can score. Players score.

Defense wins championships. A good coach is a defensive minded coach. All the best coaches in the league preach defense.
Spolstra has arguably one of the best players to ever to play the game, along with two other likely hall of famers. That's not even including the addition of Ray, a future HOF himself. We are not even close to their talent level.

Quote:
Originally Posted by bigbluedefense View Post
Hey can we go back and look at the Melo trade and see who got the better deal?

So Denver got Chandler, Felton, Gallo, and a ****** Center.

We got Melo. Then got Felton back, and got Chandler.

Hmmmm.

So they got 2 solid #3 scorers, and we got a super star.

Hmmmmm. Gee. Sounds like we got robbed.

#KnicksIn2013
Meh, could have had Melo for free in free agency. No doubt he would have signed with us. Felton isn't good anyways. Gallo is what he is. I'd still love him on this team has a third scoring option.

And clearly Melo is wonderful. He's won us a whopping one playoff game. What a stud. His inconsistencies are my biggest issue and that's what separates him from LeBron, Wade, Kobe, etc.
Old 11-08-2012, 02:02 PM    (permalink
Rob S
Suck it Metsox
Legend

Location: I'm a simple man. I like pretty, dark haired women and breakfast food
Rob S is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rob S is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rob S is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rob S is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rob S is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rob S is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rob S is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rob S is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rob S is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rob S is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rob S is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I'm not jumping in to this Knicks debate hardcore, but end of game offense is easy....get the ball to Melo.
Old 11-08-2012, 02:02 PM    (permalink
D-Unit
DC Administrator
Legend

D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Polamalu_is_God View Post
Clippers>Lakers
Magic > Lakers.

No really, we're 2-2, they're 1-4... and you know what they say... you are what your record says you are. LOL.
D-Unit is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-08-2012, 02:05 PM    (permalink
MetSox17
Suck it Metsox
Legend

MetSox17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MetSox17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MetSox17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MetSox17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MetSox17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MetSox17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MetSox17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MetSox17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MetSox17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MetSox17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MetSox17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

The problem with that is that Melo will gas completely in a 7 game series. It happened to him in that 40pt game he had last year, it'll happen again. There's just no way he can play lockdown defense on one end against the opposition's best perimeter player, then go play iso ball and pull out a win. I love Melo, but it's just irrational to put that kind of workload on him.
Old 11-08-2012, 02:05 PM    (permalink
Forenci
Super Monkey Balls
All-Pro

Forenci is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Forenci is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Forenci is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Forenci is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Forenci is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Forenci is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Forenci is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Forenci is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Forenci is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Forenci is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Forenci is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rob S View Post
I'm not jumping in to this Knicks debate hardcore, but end of game offense is easy....get the ball to Melo.
Except when he's not shooting well of course.

That's the problem with this whole argument of "just give it to Melo" or "just give it to players who create their own offense." Sure it works great when he's going off or on a hot streak, but that doesn't happen every night, especially not for Melo.

The Heat have three (now four) legit players who can score, and two who can dominate. We have one who is more inconsistent the stars on the Heat.
Old 11-08-2012, 02:06 PM    (permalink
SickwithIt1010
All-Pro

SickwithIt1010 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SickwithIt1010 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SickwithIt1010 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SickwithIt1010 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SickwithIt1010 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SickwithIt1010 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SickwithIt1010 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SickwithIt1010 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SickwithIt1010 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SickwithIt1010 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SickwithIt1010 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by MetSox17 View Post
The problem with that is that Melo will gas completely in a 7 game series. It happened to him in that 40pt game he had last year, it'll happen again. There's just no way he can play lockdown defense on one end against the opposition's best perimeter player, then go play iso ball and pull out a win. I love Melo, but it's just irrational to put that kind of workload on him.
When does Melo play lockdown D?

Quote:
Originally Posted by 49erNation85 View Post
I wouldn't be sir prized if he passed McCoy on the depth chart. I think he might have a better arm and accurate arm then him from the highlights I thought. He also got some wheels too help us prepare for QB's as Wilson , RG3 and other runners etc.
SickwithIt1010 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-08-2012, 02:07 PM    (permalink
MetSox17
Suck it Metsox
Legend

MetSox17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MetSox17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MetSox17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MetSox17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MetSox17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MetSox17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MetSox17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MetSox17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MetSox17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MetSox17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MetSox17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by SickwithIt1010 View Post
When does Melo play lockdown D?
Watch him in important games down the stretch. He's a very good defender. He just takes it easy for the first 40 minutes of the game, like he should.
Old 11-08-2012, 02:11 PM    (permalink
SickwithIt1010
All-Pro

SickwithIt1010 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SickwithIt1010 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SickwithIt1010 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SickwithIt1010 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SickwithIt1010 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SickwithIt1010 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SickwithIt1010 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SickwithIt1010 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SickwithIt1010 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SickwithIt1010 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SickwithIt1010 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Watch him in important games down the stretch. He's a very good defender. He just takes it easy for the first 40 minutes of the game, like he should.
I know hes a good defender. I dont get a chance to watch the Knicks a ton but I did see it with Team USA. I just think its funny that Kobe gets blasted for doing the same thing ha.

Quote:
Originally Posted by 49erNation85 View Post
I wouldn't be sir prized if he passed McCoy on the depth chart. I think he might have a better arm and accurate arm then him from the highlights I thought. He also got some wheels too help us prepare for QB's as Wilson , RG3 and other runners etc.
SickwithIt1010 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-08-2012, 02:14 PM    (permalink
MetSox17
Suck it Metsox
Legend

Quote:
Originally Posted by SickwithIt1010 View Post
I know hes a good defender. I dont get a chance to watch the Knicks a ton but I did see it with Team USA. I just think its funny that Kobe gets blasted for doing the same thing ha.
Well, Kobe will get blasted for everything, ever, so let's not be surprised here. Most NBAers do that and will do that for all time because the schedule and game time is so brutal. No matter how much training and how much conditioning you have, there's just no way you can put that kind of strain on your legs on both ends of the court for a whole season.
Old 11-08-2012, 02:20 PM    (permalink
gpngc
All-NFLDC

gpngc is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.gpngc is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.gpngc is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.gpngc is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.gpngc is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.gpngc is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.gpngc is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.gpngc is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.gpngc is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.gpngc is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.gpngc is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Forenci View Post

That's the problem with this whole argument of "just give it to Melo" or "just give it to players who create their own offense." Sure it works great when he's going off or on a hot streak, but that doesn't happen every night, especially not for Melo.

The Heat have three (now four) legit players who can score, and two who can dominate. We have one who is more inconsistent the stars on the Heat.
You can give the ball to Melo when he's not shooting well... he doesn't care.

You can say what you want about his efficiency but with the game on the line, regardless of how he's shot throughout a given game, I want Melo with the ball and feel good about him creating and making a clutch shot.

The Knicks CAN beat the Heat. It's going to be EXTREMELY difficult and the smart money is on them not doing it. But they are a LeBron ACL tear away from being the favorite in the East. Just because the Heat are great doesn't mean the team should give up. A playoff run, even if it ends at the hands of Miami, would be GREAT for the franchise and the fans.

Sports fans in general have this title-only mentality that drives me crazy. The journey matters, and it can be just as rewarding and fun. I hate the idea that "well we aren't going to win a championship, so let's ADMIT that, and not focus on winning, but instead just dream of a time down the road that we MIGHT be able to acquire players and coaches and try to win (even though we can do that RIGHT NOW)... which will then give us the opportunity to win it all."
gpngc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-08-2012, 02:20 PM    (permalink
Polamalu_is_God
Rookie

Polamalu_is_God Polamalu_is_God Polamalu_is_God Polamalu_is_God Polamalu_is_God Polamalu_is_God Polamalu_is_God Polamalu_is_God Polamalu_is_God Polamalu_is_God Polamalu_is_God

Quote:
Originally Posted by D-Unit View Post
Magic > Lakers.

No really, we're 2-2, they're 1-4... and you know what they say... you are what your record says you are. LOL.
You make a good point. lol

By:BK the God
Polamalu_is_God is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-08-2012, 03:03 PM    (permalink
Rob S
Suck it Metsox
Legend

Rob S is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rob S is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rob S is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rob S is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rob S is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rob S is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rob S is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rob S is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rob S is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rob S is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rob S is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Forenci View Post

Melo is one of the best clutch guys in the league. Would you honestly not give the ball to Melo for a last shot? I don't care if he is 2-20, Melo is getting the ball....any other decision would be asinine.
Old 11-08-2012, 03:23 PM    (permalink
D-Unit
DC Administrator
Legend

D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Melo is one of the best clutch guys in the league. Would you honestly not give the ball to Melo for a last shot? I don't care if he is 2-20, Melo is getting the ball....any other decision would be asinine.
He's not really clutch, but he takes a lot of those shots in crunch time. ...enough for people to think he's clutch. You gotta catch him when he's hot because when he's hot, he's otherworldly hot... when he's not, he's a train wreak.
Old 11-08-2012, 03:24 PM    (permalink
MetSox17
Suck it Metsox
Legend

For Brody.

And this.

It would be nice of Monroe could contain him.

loljimmer

Last edited by MetSox17 : 11-08-2012 at 03:32 PM.
MetSox17 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 11-08-2012, 04:16 PM    (permalink
Rob S
Suck it Metsox
Legend

Quote:
He's not really clutch, but he takes a lot of those shots in crunch time. ...enough for people to think he's clutch. You gotta catch him when he's hot because when he's hot, he's otherworldly hot... when he's not, he's a train wreak.
I disagree. Clutch stats are whatever. They say Kobe isn't good in the clutch......Kobe is still the #1 guy I want with the ball in clutch time. Melo is in a 2nd group with Paul, Pierce, Durant, Wade, LeBron (I'm probably forgetting someone, but you get the idea.)
Old 11-08-2012, 04:18 PM    (permalink
bantx
I have a Custom Title
All-NFLDC

bantx is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bantx is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bantx is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bantx is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bantx is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bantx is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bantx is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bantx is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bantx is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bantx is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bantx is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Durant is the #1 guy i want with the ball

bantx is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-08-2012, 04:51 PM    (permalink
thefalconer
Pro Bowler

thefalconer is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thefalconer is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thefalconer is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thefalconer is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thefalconer is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thefalconer is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thefalconer is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thefalconer is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thefalconer is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thefalconer is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thefalconer is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

1. durant
2. pierce
3. melo
4. paul
5. kobe
6. wade
7. lebron
8. novak
thefalconer is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 11-08-2012, 05:08 PM    (permalink
D-Unit
DC Administrator
Legend

Quote:
I disagree. Clutch stats are whatever. They say Kobe isn't good in the clutch......Kobe is still the #1 guy I want with the ball in clutch time. Melo is in a 2nd group with Paul, Pierce, Durant, Wade, LeBron (I'm probably forgetting someone, but you get the idea.)
Who says Kobe isn't good in the clutch???

Kobe is still a killer. If Melo is hot, then yeah, I'd give him the ball... but not if he wasn't have a good game. I've seen games where he was not connecting but keeps shooting unconciously. Clutch isn't just about who's gonna take the last shot either. You can call those closers. But when the game is getting tight and you need a guy who can keep attacking and keep putting the pressure on...forcing the other team to keep up or counter them back with just as much force... I like guys like Kobe, Lebron, Durant, Westbrook, Wade, Pierce and Dirk. That's the elite group. I'd put Melo in the 2nd tier with guys like Kevin Love, Kyrie Irving, Chris Paul, Deron Williams...
Old 11-08-2012, 05:12 PM    (permalink
Polamalu_is_God
Rookie

Polamalu_is_God Polamalu_is_God Polamalu_is_God Polamalu_is_God Polamalu_is_God Polamalu_is_God Polamalu_is_God Polamalu_is_God Polamalu_is_God Polamalu_is_God Polamalu_is_God

Quote:
Originally Posted by thefalconer View Post
1. durant
2. pierce
3. melo
4. paul
5. kobe
6. wade
7. lebron
8. novak
Harden & Lin.

By:BK the God
Polamalu_is_God is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-08-2012, 05:22 PM    (permalink
D-Unit
DC Administrator
Legend

Quote:
For Brody.

Fixed that highlight reel for ya.
Old 11-08-2012, 06:07 PM    (permalink
Rob S
Suck it Metsox
Legend

Quote:
Who says Kobe isn't good in the clutch???

Kobe is still a killer. If Melo is hot, then yeah, I'd give him the ball... but not if he wasn't have a good game. I've seen games where he was not connecting but keeps shooting unconciously. Clutch isn't just about who's gonna take the last shot either. You can call those closers. But when the game is getting tight and you need a guy who can keep attacking and keep putting the pressure on...forcing the other team to keep up or counter them back with just as much force... I like guys like Kobe, Lebron, Durant, Westbrook, Wade, Pierce and Dirk. That's the elite group. I'd put Melo in the 2nd tier with guys like Kevin Love, Kyrie Irving, Chris Paul, Deron Williams...
You're argument became void the second you didn't mention Chris Paul in the elite group.
Old 11-08-2012, 06:34 PM    (permalink
scottyboy
Coolio Cat
Legend

scottyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.scottyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.scottyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.scottyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.scottyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.scottyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.scottyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.scottyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.scottyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.scottyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.scottyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

D-Will in the clutch is sex. Too bad we haven't been close enough in games lately to make him have clutch opportunities
Quote:
Originally Posted by PalmerToCJ View Post
BTW, if it's 3rd and 97... I'm throwing a screen pass to Brian Leonard and he will convert.
scottyboy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-08-2012, 07:06 PM    (permalink
Brodeur
Brother Mouzone
Legend

Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
For those that watched the Pistons/Kings game, how did it look? Saw Monroe had a triple double (very nice), but on the box score it looked like Cousins had a pretty much identical game outside of the assists. And it looks like we ran the iso ball offense yet again..
Monroe had a much bigger effect on the game and was constantly involved offensively. Cousins played well, but not as well as Monroe. And Thomas Robinson is a piece of ****, I hope he's a massive bust.

Quote:
Kobe is the number 1 guy you want with the ball in the clutch? Welp, time for some massive disagreement. I'd give it to Durant, Pierce, Parker, Terry, Paul, or several others before him

RIP TheManInBlack
Brodeur is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-08-2012, 07:10 PM    (permalink
MetSox17
Suck it Metsox
Legend

Well, they're definitely way different players. Last season we did a lot of pick 'n pop with Cousins at the elbow, now it just seems like we dribble up and take turns going iso. Bleh. I think we're ready to take the next step with a better coach.
Old 11-08-2012, 07:12 PM    (permalink
iowatreat54
Icon

iowatreat54 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.iowatreat54 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.iowatreat54 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.iowatreat54 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.iowatreat54 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.iowatreat54 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.iowatreat54 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.iowatreat54 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.iowatreat54 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.iowatreat54 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.iowatreat54 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

So listening to the TNT guys argue over whether or not Noah should have launched a 3 at the end of the game the other night with the Bulls sitting at 99 points was pretty hilarious. Noah is just a man of the people, that's all.

"You don't need thumbs. My best friend is my brother's dog, he doesn't have any thumbs, he's doin fine."
-Pat Angerer on breaking his thumb.

DJK = Mr. Fun-Haver
Kirk Ferentz = Coach Killjoy
iowatreat54 is offline   Reply With Quote