Draft Countdown Forums

Go Back   Draft Countdown Forums > The Locker Room > Fantasy

Fantasy Fantasy Sports and Forum Mocks

Old 11-08-2012, 12:44 PM    (permalink
FlyingElvis
All-Pro

FlyingElvis is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.FlyingElvis is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.FlyingElvis is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.FlyingElvis is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.FlyingElvis is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.FlyingElvis is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.FlyingElvis is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.FlyingElvis is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.FlyingElvis is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.FlyingElvis is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.FlyingElvis is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by RCAChainGang View Post
Pick a RB and a Flex option (1 PPR)

Marcel Reece @ Baltimore
Felix Jones @ Philadelphia
Lance Moore vs Atlanta
Sidney Rice vs NYJ
Daniel Thomas vs Tennessee

Thanks guys.
Quite the crap shoot you've got there. lol

Felix is a joke. I'd go Reece. In one game w/limited time after McFadden and Goodson went down Reece put up the same total as Jones in two weeks as the starter.

As for the rest . . . I really haven't paid a ton of attention to what kind of work Thomas is getting. You have to love that matchup with the Titans, but a backup RB is always a tough start. Moore has been inconsistent. Rice is junk in just about every game unless he scores a TD and his matchup is awful.

Reece & Moore, unless you feel like Thomas has been getting decent reps. Again, I really have no idea what his workload has been.

Sig img shamelessly stolen from teh interwebs
FlyingElvis is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-08-2012, 01:20 PM    (permalink
gpngc
All-NFLDC

gpngc is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.gpngc is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.gpngc is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.gpngc is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.gpngc is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.gpngc is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.gpngc is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.gpngc is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.gpngc is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.gpngc is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.gpngc is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Pick a RB and a Flex option (1 PPR)

Marcel Reece @ Baltimore
Felix Jones @ Philadelphia
Lance Moore vs Atlanta
Sidney Rice vs NYJ
Daniel Thomas vs Tennessee

Thanks guys.
RB: TAIWAIN JONES if he's there. If not, Felix.

Flex: Lance Moore. Cromartie is going to blanket Rice.
gpngc is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 11-08-2012, 01:21 PM    (permalink
gpngc
All-NFLDC

gpngc is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.gpngc is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.gpngc is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.gpngc is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.gpngc is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.gpngc is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.gpngc is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.gpngc is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.gpngc is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.gpngc is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.gpngc is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

HELP

Andrew Luck @ JAC or Big Ben vs. KC?

Andrew Luck @ JAC or Flacco vs. OAK?

Andrew Hawkins vs. NYG or Golden Tate vs. NYJ? .5 ppr

Keep in mind that Luck's fantasy production has not been good on the road compared to at home and that Jacksonville actually has good #s against the pass this season.
Old 11-08-2012, 01:23 PM    (permalink
RCAChainGang
Pro Bowler

RCAChainGang is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.RCAChainGang is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.RCAChainGang is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.RCAChainGang is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.RCAChainGang is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.RCAChainGang is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.RCAChainGang is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.RCAChainGang is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.RCAChainGang is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.RCAChainGang is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.RCAChainGang is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by gpngc View Post
RB: TAIWAIN JONES if he's there. If not, Felix.

Flex: Lance Moore. Cromartie is going to blanket Rice.
I've heard that Marcel Reece is going to be involved in the pasing game and in a PPR league that is very attractive. I'm definitely not gonna start Rice, but I might just go with a RB in the flex.

Sig by BoneKrusher
Quote:
Originally Posted by killxswitch View Post
Bill Polian is cancer wrapped in AIDS delivered in an XXL enema so please don't expect me to disagree with you.
RCAChainGang is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-08-2012, 01:27 PM    (permalink
RufusMcDaniel
Mage Bros
Pro Bowler

RufusMcDaniel is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.RufusMcDaniel is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.RufusMcDaniel is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.RufusMcDaniel is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.RufusMcDaniel is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.RufusMcDaniel is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.RufusMcDaniel is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.RufusMcDaniel is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.RufusMcDaniel is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.RufusMcDaniel is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.RufusMcDaniel is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Got offered Alfred Morris for Josh Freeman, should I take it?

Other QBs are Luck, Manning and Tannehill

My RBs are Foster, Charles, Sproles, and Ballard
Old 11-08-2012, 01:31 PM    (permalink
gpngc
All-NFLDC

Quote:
I've heard that Marcel Reece is going to be involved in the pasing game and in a PPR league that is very attractive. I'm definitely not gonna start Rice, but I might just go with a RB in the flex.
And I've seen Taiwain Jones as a guy starving for an opportunity to make big plays and score long TDs.

Ball security issues/DMac have been factors that have hurt him. With no other options, the coaches are now forced to ignore the fumbles and let him run.

He's made big plays, he just hasn't been given a chance. This week is it, and it's against a ****** run D. Jones is going to go off and has a much better chance at a long TD than Reece.
Old 11-08-2012, 01:32 PM    (permalink
gpngc
All-NFLDC

Quote:
Originally Posted by RufusMcDaniel View Post

Even if it's a 2-QB league you do that lol.

You guys play with idiots.
Old 11-08-2012, 01:37 PM    (permalink
FlyingElvis
All-Pro

FlyingElvis is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.FlyingElvis is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.FlyingElvis is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.FlyingElvis is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.FlyingElvis is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.FlyingElvis is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.FlyingElvis is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.FlyingElvis is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.FlyingElvis is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.FlyingElvis is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.FlyingElvis is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
HELP

Keep in mind that Luck's fantasy production has not been good on the road compared to at home and that Jacksonville actually has good #s against the pass this season.
Luck in both. He has shown he's more reliable points (ie. lower floor) and has just as much upside as either of the other two.

Quote:
Originally Posted by RufusMcDaniel View Post

Yes. You hit accept while laughing your best evil laugh. Always take RB depth, especially if it's only costing you bench players.

Quote:
And I've seen Taiwain Jones as a guy starving for an opportunity to make big plays and score long TDs.

Ball security issues/DMac have been factors that have hurt him. With no other options, the coaches are now forced to ignore the fumbles and let him run.

He's made big plays, he just hasn't been given a chance. This week is it, and it's against a ****** run D. Jones is going to go off and has a much better chance at a long TD than Reece.
I think this is solid advice. Jones is the homerun guy, while Reece will be a slow but steady producer. Classic risk/reward dilemma. Assess your roster and play one accordingly.

Old 11-08-2012, 01:41 PM    (permalink
RCAChainGang
Pro Bowler

RCAChainGang is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.RCAChainGang is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.RCAChainGang is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.RCAChainGang is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.RCAChainGang is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.RCAChainGang is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.RCAChainGang is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.RCAChainGang is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.RCAChainGang is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.RCAChainGang is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.RCAChainGang is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:

Okay I went and picked up Taiwan Jones

My lineup is
QB: Luck
WR: A Green, W Welker
RB: M Forte, F Jones
W/R/T: T Jones

Benched Players are: L Moore, D Thomas, M Reece, and the rest have byes.

1 PPR

You think that is a good lineup or should I switch it up?

Sig by BoneKrusher
Quote:
Bill Polian is cancer wrapped in AIDS delivered in an XXL enema so please don't expect me to disagree with you.
Old 11-08-2012, 01:45 PM    (permalink
gpngc
All-NFLDC

Quote:
Okay I went and picked up Taiwan Jones

My lineup is
QB: Luck
WR: A Green, W Welker
RB: M Forte, F Jones
W/R/T: T Jones

Benched Players are: L Moore, D Thomas, M Reece, and the rest have byes.

1 PPR

You think that is a good lineup or should I switch it up?
I'd start Moore over Felix but I don't feel strongly about it.

And change your avatar to Luck or Hilton ASAP.
Old 11-08-2012, 01:47 PM    (permalink
RCAChainGang
Pro Bowler

Quote:
I'd start Moore over Felix but I don't feel strongly about it.

And change your avatar to Luck or Hilton ASAP.
Haha you got it. Thanks for the input.

Sig by BoneKrusher
Quote:
Old 11-08-2012, 02:11 PM    (permalink
FlyingElvis
All-Pro

Moore vs. Felix is a tough call. It has that vibe . . . the one where you get bit in the ass whichever way you choose. lol

With McFadden down, I added Taiwan in the two leagues I could. One of them he will ride pine behind Forte and Spiller. The other only adds to an already tough dilemma . . .

Pick one for the flex in a 0.5 PPR league:
Taiwan Jones @ Baltimore
Brian Hartline vs. Tennessee
Vick Ballard @ Jacksonville

Old 11-08-2012, 02:15 PM    (permalink
Bert Macklin
All-Pro

Bert Macklin is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bert Macklin is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bert Macklin is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bert Macklin is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bert Macklin is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bert Macklin is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bert Macklin is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bert Macklin is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bert Macklin is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bert Macklin is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bert Macklin is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by FlyingElvis View Post
Pick one for the flex in a 0.5 PPR league:
Taiwan Jones @ Baltimore
Brian Hartline vs. Tennessee
Vick Ballard @ Jacksonville
THE GREAT WHITE HYPE
"People are going to start respecting LSU...if you don't, we're going to hit you in your mouth."
Bert Macklin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-08-2012, 02:25 PM    (permalink
FlyingElvis
All-Pro

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bert Macklin View Post
THE GREAT WHITE HYPE
You still like him best, eh? Both RBs have such tremendous matchups . . .

Yet Hartline is still the one in my lineup.

I'm going to torture myself for a few days with this.

Old 11-08-2012, 02:34 PM    (permalink
FlyingElvis
All-Pro

Quote:
HELP

hmmm . . . indeed. Maybe Ben is the better start. KC is pretty good vs. the run where Jacksonville is not. Indy may have the more balanced game of the two, making Ben the better play. Tough call, now that I re-think it. Ben has been pretty solid since the Steelers have all their RBs banged up every week.

Old 11-08-2012, 02:48 PM    (permalink
Bert Macklin
All-Pro

Bert Macklin is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bert Macklin is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bert Macklin is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bert Macklin is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bert Macklin is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bert Macklin is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bert Macklin is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bert Macklin is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bert Macklin is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bert Macklin is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bert Macklin is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
You still like him best, eh? Both RBs have such tremendous matchups . . .

Yet Hartline is still the one in my lineup.

I'm going to torture myself for a few days with this.
Jones won't get the ball over Reece, Ballard isn't even the starter anymore and Hartline is coming off a 8 catch 107 yard game going against the worst secondary in the league arguably.
"People are going to start respecting LSU...if you don't, we're going to hit you in your mouth."
Old 11-08-2012, 02:56 PM    (permalink
FlyingElvis
All-Pro

Quote:
Jones won't get the ball over Reece, Ballard isn't even the starter anymore and Hartline is coming off a 8 catch 107 yard game going against the worst secondary in the league arguably.
Jones is taking first team snaps in practice and plays against an equally bad rush D.

Ballard is still likely to see the majority of touches against an equally bad rush D.

My concern for Hartline is that, despite playing a lousy pass D, the Dolphins just aren't producing a ton of offense. Indy and Oakland are both producing better.

Old 11-08-2012, 02:56 PM    (permalink
gpngc
All-NFLDC

Quote:
1) How do you know?

2) Ballard is the starter.

3) Nothing against Hartline but I prefer RBs and actually love Tennessee in an upset.
Old 11-08-2012, 03:01 PM    (permalink
Bert Macklin
All-Pro

Quote:
1) How do you know?

2) Ballard is the starter.

3) Nothing against Hartline but I prefer RBs and actually love Tennessee in an upset.
Look at last game. They don't trust Jones to block at all.

And since when does winning a game = poor fantasy production?

Hartline is the best option.
Old 11-08-2012, 03:11 PM    (permalink
FlyingElvis
All-Pro

Quote:

Not trusting him to block has as much bearing on production as winning. That just means he gets the ball every time he's on the field b/c he's useless as a blocker.

Old 11-08-2012, 03:17 PM    (permalink
gpngc
All-NFLDC

Quote:

I think Hartline has less of a chance to score a TD than the other two players is my point.
Old 11-08-2012, 03:18 PM    (permalink
FlyingElvis
All-Pro

I'm just going to go ahead an swing for the fences. I have a little breathing room in that league anyway. Taiwan FTW!

Anyone in that flex spot is simply keeping Percy's place warm. lol

Old 11-08-2012, 03:19 PM    (permalink
Bert Macklin
All-Pro

Quote:
Not trusting him to block has as much bearing on production as winning. That just means he gets the ball every time he's on the field b/c he's useless as a blocker.
They're going to throw the ball 40+ times. It matters

Quote:
Marcel Reece, Raiders: You already know I think they are going to throw it a ton. I expect Darren McFadden and Mike Goodson to miss this game, and Oakland doesn't trust Taiwan Jones yet. Reece is the superior pass blocker and pass catcher, so in a game in which they're throwing it at least 40 times, Reece stands to have a very nice flex-worthy day as a pass catcher, throwing in the occasional run.
As for Hartline.

Quote:
Brian Hartline, Dolphins: Only five teams have allowed more 20-plus yard completions than the Tennessee Titans. Coming off a 100-yard game and leading the Dolphins in targets, Hartline is a legit fantasy starter this week.
Old 11-08-2012, 03:31 PM    (permalink
FlyingElvis
All-Pro

Quote:
They're going to throw the ball 40+ times. It matters

As for Hartline.
Where was there info about the Raiders not trusting Jones as a blocker? That's the key.

Ultimately, I'm likely to say F***IT and play Ballard so I can watch him tonight. Then hate myself for a few days if I'm wrong.

Old 11-08-2012, 04:18 PM    (permalink
Bert Macklin
All-Pro

Well I can only share my knowledge and opinion. Good luck tonight sir I hope Ballard hasa muscle hamster type game.