Draft Countdown Forums

Go Back   Draft Countdown Forums > The Locker Room > Off Topic

Off Topic Almost Anything Goes

Old 11-05-2012, 11:32 AM    (permalink
redbills
Pro Bowler

redbills is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.redbills is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.redbills is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.redbills is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.redbills is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.redbills is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.redbills is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.redbills is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.redbills is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.redbills is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.redbills is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

No walker heard Carl shot Lori in face?
redbills is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-05-2012, 02:16 PM    (permalink
The Alex
Pro Bowler

The Alex is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.The Alex is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.The Alex is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.The Alex is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.The Alex is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.The Alex is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.The Alex is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.The Alex is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.The Alex is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.The Alex is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.The Alex is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by jrdrylie View Post
Seriously, just GTFO of this thread with this ****. Lori's decision is actually extremely realisitc. A large portion of women in the real world would do anything and everything, including die, to make sure their child is born. If you only watch the show so you can come in here and troll afterwards, find something better to do with your life for an hour.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Brothgar View Post
LOL I'm done with you The Alex it is obvious you don't watch the show and just find out what happens afterwards and/or copy some other troll BS.

1. They covered the abortion issue last season keep up. Bad character decision maybe but in no way bad writing.

2. Oh yeah lets go out where we just saw two sets of walkers going down both adjacent hallways and go look for a dude with one leg and a chick that you don't know where the **** she is I'm sure all the ******* zombies will just ignore you.

You fail at every level but trolling.
Did I ever say it was bad writing? I said it was further demonstration of Lori being an idiot. The only way it was bad is the fact it doesn't make me sad that she's dead. But it's not like the writers could have salvaged her character after two seasons of being a complete incompetent dumbass. Honestly, I applaud them for having the balls to just cut the dead weight and kill her off. Further kudos for putting the blunt of the damage all on Carl.

I know I stretched it with the helicopter stuff but you guys are acting like a couple of Twilight fangirls. If you can't tolerate negative viewpoints, may I suggest Reddit, where all the comments are ranked by likes and unpopular opinions are hidden. If you wanna talk like adults, I'm more than willing to have a discussion. For instance, I personally loved TDKR but I know a lot of people didn't. However, I don't go into the TDKR thread and call them trolls and demand they leave the thread immediately for having a different opinion. I may disagree with their reasons and I don't think a lot of them hold weight but I don't belittle them or cry like a child. As for TWD, I watch the show and while I like some elements, a lot of it leaves a lot to be desired. Simple as that.

Quote:
Originally Posted by OSUGiants17 View Post
The crying and breakdown was necessary, but that's not my complaint. My complaint is the acting, it just was so bad when he leaned down to be eye-level with Carl and bawled in his face screaming no.
I also found this hilarious. It wasn't atrocious acting but something about how he leaned into Carl's face cracked me up.

Quote:
Originally Posted by phlysac View Post
I heard that Sylvester Stallone wrote The Expendables with The Alex in mind. He had to keep it realistic though and split The Alex's abilities into multiple characters. Stallone thought that critics would pan it for being too far-fetched if he just had one character effing everyone up.
The end. Cut to black. Audience goes ****ing ape****.

Last edited by The Alex : 11-05-2012 at 02:23 PM.
The Alex is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-05-2012, 02:41 PM    (permalink
Ness
Legend

Ness is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ness is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ness is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ness is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ness is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ness is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ness is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ness is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ness is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ness is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ness is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

When I first saw that part live, for a split second I was confused, because with the gestures of both characters and the tone of Rick's voice it seemed as if Rick was making fun of his son, because his son had lost a baseball game or something. I'm sure that out of context clip will be used in future internet scuffles.

"Every light must fade, every heart return to darkness!"
-San Francisco 49ers: Five Time Super Bowl Champions-
Quote:
Originally Posted by Borat View Post
Oh, my bad. Didn't realize SWDC was the pinnacle of class and grace.
Ness is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-05-2012, 02:44 PM    (permalink
Ness
Legend

Ness is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ness is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ness is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ness is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ness is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ness is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ness is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ness is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ness is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ness is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ness is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by jrdrylie View Post
Seriously, just GTFO of this thread with this ****. Lori's decision is actually extremely realisitc. A large portion of women in the real world would do anything and everything, including die, to make sure their child is born. If you only watch the show so you can come in here and troll afterwards, find something better to do with your life for an hour.
Pretty much this. I mean it's one thing to criticize a show, but it's another to not look at both sides of the coin (good and bad) and just focus on the negative week after week. And this just isn't directed at one person.

Quote:
Old 11-05-2012, 02:47 PM    (permalink
The Alex
Pro Bowler

The Alex is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.The Alex is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.The Alex is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.The Alex is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.The Alex is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.The Alex is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.The Alex is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.The Alex is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.The Alex is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.The Alex is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.The Alex is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ness View Post
When I first saw that part live, for a split second I was confused, because with the gestures of both characters and the tone of Rick's voice it seemed as if Rick was making fun of his son, because his son had lost a baseball game or something. I'm sure that out of context clip will be used in future internet scuffles.
That's exactly how I read it too.

Quote:
I heard that Sylvester Stallone wrote The Expendables with The Alex in mind. He had to keep it realistic though and split The Alex's abilities into multiple characters. Stallone thought that critics would pan it for being too far-fetched if he just had one character effing everyone up.
Old 11-05-2012, 05:07 PM    (permalink
Caddy
Team Leader
Legend

Caddy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Caddy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Caddy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Caddy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Caddy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Caddy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Caddy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Caddy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Caddy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Caddy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Caddy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Pretty much this. I mean it's one thing to criticize a show, but it's another to not look at both sides of the coin (good and bad) and just focus on the negative week after week. And this just isn't directed at one person.
Meh. The Alex is a troll. He has nothing constructive to add, so I'm happy to put him on my ignore list.

With the final scene, I completely bought Ricks breakdown. I'm not married or anything so I have no idea what sort of emotions would be going through his head, but to have gone through so much together in the past 12 months or so, I imagine him going completely crazy is 100% plausible. I bought into it completely.

Caddy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-05-2012, 05:11 PM    (permalink
vidae
SWDC Mafia
Legend

vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I buy his emotions, but that scene was laughably bad. His reaction was just.. off. It looked like he was joking. I half expected him to go Nooooooo! haha, jk y'all, she was a *****.

I didn't hate the scene where Lori was talking to Carl, but I didn't love it either.

Overall I'm just glad she is dead. That is, without a doubt, the worst TV character I've ever seen. Yes, even worse than Sheldon from BBT.

** RIP themaninblack. You will be missed. **
vidae is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-05-2012, 05:13 PM    (permalink
The Alex
Pro Bowler

Quote:
Originally Posted by vidae View Post
Overall I'm just glad she is dead. That is, without a doubt, the worst TV character I've ever seen. Yes, even worse than Sheldon from BBT.
I hope the writers killed her off so quickly this season because they realized she was loathed by the entire audience. I have literally never seen a single person praise or support Lori.

Quote:
Old 11-05-2012, 05:16 PM    (permalink
MetSox17
Suck it Metsox
Legend

MetSox17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MetSox17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MetSox17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MetSox17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MetSox17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MetSox17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MetSox17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MetSox17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MetSox17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MetSox17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MetSox17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I was just happy she got put down like a rabid dog.
Old 11-05-2012, 05:19 PM    (permalink
The Alex
Pro Bowler

Quote:
Originally Posted by MetSox17 View Post
I was just happy she got put down like a rabid dog.
Offscreen. Until we see a corpse on this show, they aren't finished. There is still a chance for zombie Lori.

Quote:
Old 11-05-2012, 05:21 PM    (permalink
vidae
SWDC Mafia
Legend

vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Zombie Lori will be a more fleshed out and believable character than regular Lori, so I'm ok with it.

Old 11-05-2012, 05:22 PM    (permalink
Caddy
Team Leader
Legend

Caddy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Caddy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Caddy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Caddy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Caddy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Caddy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Caddy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Caddy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Caddy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Caddy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Caddy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by vidae View Post
I buy his emotions, but that scene was laughably bad. His reaction was just.. off. It looked like he was joking. I half expected him to go Nooooooo! haha, jk y'all, she was a *****.

I didn't hate the scene where Lori was talking to Carl, but I didn't love it either.

To each their own. But I had no problem with the scene. A little melodramatic perhaps, but Rick has gone through so much hardship and pain that I found it completely plausible for exactly that kind of thing to happen. Ultimately it's difficult to really know how someone would react in such a situation.

Old 11-05-2012, 05:25 PM    (permalink
Brothgar
Team Leader
All-NFLDC

Brothgar is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brothgar is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brothgar is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brothgar is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brothgar is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brothgar is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brothgar is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brothgar is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brothgar is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brothgar is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brothgar is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Alex View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by nepg View Post
That was so ******* stupid. How else could the worst character of all time go out than with the worst, most illogical plot twist of all time?! Goddammit. That is all.
Well son, I could either:

A. Kill your soon to be sibling but spare myself, thus providing you with a mother and the group with an able bodied person.
B. Die and give you several emotional trauma along with untold damage to your father's psyche. This option also results in another mouth to feed that contributes nothing to the group and won't be able to survive without my breast milk.

I'm going with option B, clearly the superior choice for myself, you, your father and everyone else we know.

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Alex View Post
Did I ever say it was bad writing? I said it was further demonstration of Lori being an idiot. The only way it was bad is the fact it doesn't make me sad that she's dead. But it's not like the writers could have salvaged her character after two seasons of being a complete incompetent dumbass. Honestly, I applaud them for having the balls to just cut the dead weight and kill her off. Further kudos for putting the blunt of the damage all on Carl.

I know I stretched it with the helicopter stuff but you guys are acting like a couple of Twilight fangirls. If you can't tolerate negative viewpoints, may I suggest Reddit, where all the comments are ranked by likes and unpopular opinions are hidden. If you wanna talk like adults, I'm more than willing to have a discussion. For instance, I personally loved TDKR but I know a lot of people didn't. However, I don't go into the TDKR thread and call them trolls and demand they leave the thread immediately for having a different opinion. I may disagree with their reasons and I don't think a lot of them hold weight but I don't belittle them or cry like a child. As for TWD, I watch the show and while I like some elements, a lot of it leaves a lot to be desired. Simple as that.
Yeah its cute that you likened me to a twilight fangirl and expected that to be the end of it. But you quoted a post that directly ridiculed the writing and added on. I have no problem with negative viewpoints in this very thread I've called T-Dog the most useless character in all of television and their constant divergence away from the comic story line is something I really don't like. But, when I think someone is being over critical or ultimately wrong about a character or story line I say they are wrong but I guess I should just stay quiet and allow others their fun right? I think the biggest thing for me is that TWD isn't a show that claims any form of realism but whenever something unrealistic happens people want to **** all over it. I think Neil DeGrasse Tyson said it best. "If the director doesn't care about accuracy why should I? I'll just let it go."

I don't think the telling people to leave thing was about me because I don't think I've ever told anyone to leave (maybe you I don't remember). But the thing is the thread was made for people who enjoy the show to discuss it. I don't wander into threads about shows that I don't like and talk a bunch of ****. If I don't like a show after three episodes I stop. I don't know what you want to accomplish by constantly coming into the thread and nit picking when I don't think you've ever said one thing positive about the show.

DEATH NOTE MAFIA SIGNUP!

Quote:
Originally Posted by njx9 View Post
oh please. as if canadians even know what beer is.
Brothgar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-05-2012, 05:28 PM    (permalink
Brothgar
Team Leader
All-NFLDC

Brothgar is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brothgar is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brothgar is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brothgar is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brothgar is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brothgar is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brothgar is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brothgar is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brothgar is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brothgar is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brothgar is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I'm not going to lie though that scene was aweful :/

DEATH NOTE MAFIA SIGNUP!

Quote:
Originally Posted by njx9 View Post
oh please. as if canadians even know what beer is.
Brothgar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-05-2012, 09:16 PM    (permalink
Smooth Criminal
All-NFLDC

Smooth Criminal is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Smooth Criminal is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Smooth Criminal is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Smooth Criminal is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Smooth Criminal is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Smooth Criminal is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Smooth Criminal is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Smooth Criminal is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Smooth Criminal is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Smooth Criminal is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Smooth Criminal is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Lori sucks. I hate so many of the wives on the shows I watch. They all suck. Lori was so annoying.

Thanks to The Dynasty for the sig
Smooth Criminal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-08-2012, 01:39 PM    (permalink
Polamalu_is_God
Rookie

Polamalu_is_God Polamalu_is_God Polamalu_is_God Polamalu_is_God Polamalu_is_God Polamalu_is_God Polamalu_is_God Polamalu_is_God Polamalu_is_God Polamalu_is_God Polamalu_is_God

Quote:
Originally Posted by Brothgar View Post
I'm not going to lie though that scene was aweful :/
so is your spelling. that scene had me crying like a little *****.

By:BK the God
Polamalu_is_God is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-08-2012, 01:45 PM    (permalink
Polamalu_is_God
Rookie

Polamalu_is_God Polamalu_is_God Polamalu_is_God Polamalu_is_God Polamalu_is_God Polamalu_is_God Polamalu_is_God Polamalu_is_God Polamalu_is_God Polamalu_is_God Polamalu_is_God

Quote:
Originally Posted by MetSox17 View Post
I love how Carl put Lori down like she was old yeller.
bad comparison. she was already dead and not turned yet

By:BK the God
Polamalu_is_God is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-08-2012, 02:00 PM    (permalink
Dr. Gonzo
Icon

Dr. Gonzo is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Dr. Gonzo is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Dr. Gonzo is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Dr. Gonzo is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Dr. Gonzo is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Dr. Gonzo is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Dr. Gonzo is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Dr. Gonzo is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Dr. Gonzo is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Dr. Gonzo is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Dr. Gonzo is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Season two was one of the biggest piece of **** seasons I have ever seen. That was some later years Heroes ********. That said I think this season has been a huge improvement. I expect a whole hell of a lot from the show. So many allegorical points can be made using the zombie apocalypse as a back drop. There is just so much depth lacking from the show and what pains me most is I see the potential is there. This season has had it's fair share of groan moments but on a whole it is an improvement and I hope the show continues to get better.
Old 11-08-2012, 05:31 PM    (permalink
King Carls 5 Year Plan
Veteran

King Carls 5 Year Plan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.King Carls 5 Year Plan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.King Carls 5 Year Plan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.King Carls 5 Year Plan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.King Carls 5 Year Plan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.King Carls 5 Year Plan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.King Carls 5 Year Plan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.King Carls 5 Year Plan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.King Carls 5 Year Plan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.King Carls 5 Year Plan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.King Carls 5 Year Plan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Caddy View Post
With the final scene, I completely bought Ricks breakdown. I'm not married or anything so I have no idea what sort of emotions would be going through his head, but to have gone through so much together in the past 12 months or so, I imagine him going completely crazy is 100% plausible. I bought into it completely.
this scene hit home with me. maybe a little to much. i completely buy his reaction in every way. my wife had major complications during child birth and i lost her for a short time. during that time i was an absolute mess. i dont really remember my exact reaction, but her family refuses to bring the subject up in front of me because they are scared of reaction now, 3 years later. so, i completely buy him melting down and speaking jibberish between sobbs.

as far as Lori goes. see ya, *****. she needed to go. its just a shame it took this long. all we can hope for now is zombie Lori. i like the idea of zombie Lori roaming the halls of the prison alot.
King Carls 5 Year Plan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-08-2012, 05:48 PM    (permalink
SuperMcGee
Team Leader
Legend

SuperMcGee is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperMcGee is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperMcGee is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperMcGee is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperMcGee is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperMcGee is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperMcGee is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperMcGee is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperMcGee is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperMcGee is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperMcGee is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I love how there's that emotional, personal paragraph, followed up by "see ya, *****"

I very much enjoy remembering that she's done every time I see this thread.
SuperMcGee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-08-2012, 08:55 PM    (permalink
Caddy
Team Leader
Legend

King Carl bringing the emotion to the thread. I'm glad it worked out ok for you!

Old 11-08-2012, 09:59 PM    (permalink
Ness
Legend

I wonder if Carl really shot Lori in the head.

Quote:
Old 11-08-2012, 10:20 PM    (permalink
vidae
SWDC Mafia
Legend

Well since he's 100% unable to miss the head when he fires his gun for some reason, I'm going to go with yes, he hit her in the head.

Old 11-08-2012, 10:40 PM    (permalink
Caddy
Team Leader
Legend

Quote:
I wonder if Carl really shot Lori in the head.
If she is alive. (╯□)╯︵ ┻━┻)

But all the interviews they've done seem to indicate this won't happen...

Old 11-08-2012, 10:42 PM    (permalink
Ness
Legend

We shall see.

Quote: