Draft Countdown Forums

Go Back   Draft Countdown Forums > Draft Countdown Forums > Pro Football

Pro Football Discuss professional football.

Old 11-08-2012, 08:39 PM    (permalink
ChiFan24
2011 SWDC Mock Draft Champ
Pro Bowler

ChiFan24 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ChiFan24 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ChiFan24 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ChiFan24 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ChiFan24 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ChiFan24 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ChiFan24 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ChiFan24 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ChiFan24 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ChiFan24 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ChiFan24 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

It amazes me that analysts still don't know the rule. The play isn't over after he's out of bounds, just like the play wasn't over after Megatron "scored a TD." You have to control it to the ground.
Old 11-08-2012, 08:40 PM    (permalink
MaxV
Team Leader
All-NFLDC

MaxV is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MaxV is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MaxV is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MaxV is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MaxV is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MaxV is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MaxV is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MaxV is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MaxV is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MaxV is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MaxV is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I thought that was a catch.
MaxV is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-08-2012, 08:51 PM    (permalink
Unbiased
Pro Bowler

Unbiased is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Unbiased is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Unbiased is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Unbiased is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Unbiased is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Unbiased is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Unbiased is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Unbiased is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Unbiased is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Unbiased is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Unbiased is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

At least Alualu's having a good game. He's been invisible the whole year.
Unbiased is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-08-2012, 09:17 PM    (permalink
ChiFan24
Pro Bowler

ChiFan24 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ChiFan24 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ChiFan24 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ChiFan24 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ChiFan24 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ChiFan24 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ChiFan24 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ChiFan24 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ChiFan24 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ChiFan24 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ChiFan24 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

There's that beautiful Florida weather.
Old 11-08-2012, 09:23 PM    (permalink
ChiFan24
Pro Bowler

God damn it, I just realized I'm missing the Bulls game for this garbage.
Old 11-08-2012, 09:40 PM    (permalink
Caulibflower
Pro Bowler

Caulibflower is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Caulibflower is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Caulibflower is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Caulibflower is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Caulibflower is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Caulibflower is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Caulibflower is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Caulibflower is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Caulibflower is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Caulibflower is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Caulibflower is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by BigBlueNorwegian View Post
Please tell me I didn't just see Drew Brees joining One Direction in a Pepsi Commercial?
$$$$$$$$$$
Caulibflower is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-08-2012, 09:42 PM    (permalink
BigBlueNorwegian
Veteran

BigBlueNorwegian is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BigBlueNorwegian is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BigBlueNorwegian is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BigBlueNorwegian is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BigBlueNorwegian is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BigBlueNorwegian is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BigBlueNorwegian is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BigBlueNorwegian is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BigBlueNorwegian is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BigBlueNorwegian is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BigBlueNorwegian is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Caulibflower View Post
$$$$$$$$$$
Yes, but the line has to be drawn somewhere. You don't sell your soul to teenage pop artists, no matter how much cash is involved.

A Bonekrusher masterpiece!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Forenci View Post
JPP enjoys raping offensive tackles.
BigBlueNorwegian is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-08-2012, 09:49 PM    (permalink
Docta
Veteran

Docta is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Docta is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Docta is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Docta is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Docta is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Docta is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Docta is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Docta is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Docta is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Docta is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Docta is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by ChiFan24 View Post
God damn it, I just realized I'm missing the Bulls game for this garbage.
Don't worry. We got Durantula'd.
Old 11-08-2012, 09:57 PM    (permalink
ChiFan24
Pro Bowler

Quote:
Originally Posted by Docta View Post
Don't worry. We got Durantula'd.
There was an especially disturbing lack of DRose today.
Old 11-08-2012, 10:03 PM    (permalink
Ness
Legend

Ness is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ness is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ness is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ness is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ness is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ness is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ness is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ness is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ness is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ness is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ness is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Oy, don't check it down on that 4th down.

"Every light must fade, every heart return to darkness!"
-San Francisco 49ers: Five Time Super Bowl Champions-
Quote:
Originally Posted by Borat View Post
Oh, my bad. Didn't realize SWDC was the pinnacle of class and grace.
Ness is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-08-2012, 10:08 PM    (permalink
jrdrylie
All-NFLDC

jrdrylie is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jrdrylie is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jrdrylie is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jrdrylie is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jrdrylie is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jrdrylie is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jrdrylie is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jrdrylie is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jrdrylie is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jrdrylie is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jrdrylie is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Every time I watch a Chiefs game, I think they are the worst team in the league. Then I turn on a Jags game and I think, well maybe the Jags are even worse. I wish they would play this season to determine which one sucks more.

Quote:
Originally Posted by SolidGold View Post
Bortlezzzzzzz
Quote:
Originally Posted by Monomach View Post
Brilliant letting one of Scott Pioli's henchmen have his own team to ruin.  One of the premier GM jobs in the NFL and it gets handed to a stupid **** who makes three facepalm moves for every good one.  Awesome.  Just like handing a new Mercedes to a 16 year old girl who's already been in three wrecks. 
jrdrylie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-08-2012, 10:16 PM    (permalink
Ness
Legend

Ness is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ness is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ness is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ness is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ness is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ness is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ness is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ness is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ness is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ness is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ness is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Goddell just started sweating bullets when Luck took that hit.

Quote:
Old 11-08-2012, 10:23 PM    (permalink
vidae
SWDC Mafia
Legend

vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by jrdrylie View Post
Every time I watch a Chiefs game, I think they are the worst team in the league. Then I turn on a Jags game and I think, well maybe the Jags are even worse. I wish they would play this season to determine which one sucks more.
As much as it pains me to admit it, the Chiefs are worse.

** RIP themaninblack. You will be missed. **
vidae is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-08-2012, 10:47 PM    (permalink
killxswitch
Mage Bros
All-Pro

killxswitch is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.killxswitch is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.killxswitch is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.killxswitch is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.killxswitch is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.killxswitch is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.killxswitch is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.killxswitch is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.killxswitch is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.killxswitch is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.killxswitch is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I love being a Colts fan!

i done stole dis sig
killxswitch is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-08-2012, 10:59 PM    (permalink
Ness
Legend

So weird hearing Scott Graham's voice out of context from an NFL Film's clip and in a realistic manner.

Quote:
Old 11-08-2012, 11:04 PM    (permalink
jrdrylie
All-NFLDC

jrdrylie is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jrdrylie is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jrdrylie is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jrdrylie is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jrdrylie is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jrdrylie is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jrdrylie is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jrdrylie is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jrdrylie is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jrdrylie is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jrdrylie is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by vidae View Post
As much as it pains me to admit it, the Chiefs are worse.
Jags are 0-5 at home with all the losses coming by 17 or more points. The Chiefs haven't led for a single second all season. Both of these teams are just embarrassments.

The good news is that your opponent's record is slightly worse, so if both teams end up tied, you get the top pick. However, since your schedule is slightly easier down the stretch, there is more opportunities for wins.

Quote:
Bortlezzzzzzz
Quote:
Originally Posted by Monomach View Post
Brilliant letting one of Scott Pioli's henchmen have his own team to ruin.  One of the premier GM jobs in the NFL and it gets handed to a stupid **** who makes three facepalm moves for every good one.  Awesome.  Just like handing a new Mercedes to a 16 year old girl who's already been in three wrecks. 
jrdrylie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-09-2012, 08:42 AM    (permalink
vidae
SWDC Mafia
Legend

vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by jrdrylie View Post
Jags are 0-5 at home with all the losses coming by 17 or more points. The Chiefs haven't led for a single second all season. Both of these teams are just embarrassments.

The good news is that your opponent's record is slightly worse, so if both teams end up tied, you get the top pick. However, since your schedule is slightly easier down the stretch, there is more opportunities for wins.
I'm not seeing many opportunities for wins, haha.

Old 11-09-2012, 08:45 AM    (permalink
BeerBaron
Team Leader
Legend

BeerBaron is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BeerBaron is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BeerBaron is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BeerBaron is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BeerBaron is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BeerBaron is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BeerBaron is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BeerBaron is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BeerBaron is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BeerBaron is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BeerBaron is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

So are the Chiefs and Jaguars officially in the Geno Smith bowl or is there actually a shot the Jags stick it out with Gabbert even with the #1 pick? It'd be a good trade down scenario for them but I couldn't move away from Gabbert fast enough.
Old 11-09-2012, 08:53 AM    (permalink
AntoinCD
All-Pro

AntoinCD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.AntoinCD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.AntoinCD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.AntoinCD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.AntoinCD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.AntoinCD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.AntoinCD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.AntoinCD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.AntoinCD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.AntoinCD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.AntoinCD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by BeerBaron View Post
So are the Chiefs and Jaguars officially in the Geno Smith bowl or is there actually a shot the Jags stick it out with Gabbert even with the #1 pick? It'd be a good trade down scenario for them but I couldn't move away from Gabbert fast enough.
I think this is a horrible year to need a QB at the top of the draft. Geno is the best of the bunch but he is not close to the level of Luck/RG3 and doesn't have the upside of Tannehill IMO. One of these teams will inevitably have to take him because the fan outrage would be unbearable, let alone the pressure from the top of the organisation down. However I would much rather take a stud defensive player or trade down for Tyler Wilson at this point.

However, if KC are picking first and they trade down and pass on the top QB, if Pioli still has a job he will be chased out of KC by a mob with pitchforks and burning torches

BoneKrusher killing it with the sig
AntoinCD is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-09-2012, 08:56 AM    (permalink
vidae
SWDC Mafia
Legend

I have a feeling that Tyler Wilson in the top 5 will be more widely accepted after the offseason workouts/combine. If I'm the Chiefs I'm taking him there and not looking back.

And there is very rarely a Luck or RG3 type prospect, so this is pretty much par for the course.

Old 11-09-2012, 08:58 AM    (permalink
BeerBaron
Team Leader
Legend

BeerBaron is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BeerBaron is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BeerBaron is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BeerBaron is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BeerBaron is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BeerBaron is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BeerBaron is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BeerBaron is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BeerBaron is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BeerBaron is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BeerBaron is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by vidae View Post
I have a feeling that Tyler Wilson in the top 5 will be more widely accepted after the offseason workouts/combine. If I'm the Chiefs I'm taking him there and not looking back.

And there is very rarely a Luck or RG3 type prospect, so this is pretty much par for the course.
Yeah, this year will be a return to normal in terms of the top QBs I think. Two years ago, so many guys went in the first round who normally wouldn't have it's astounding. Then last year, we had Luck and RGIII as two once-in-a-decade type prospects in the same year.

A year of Geno, Wilson and Barkley as the top guys is pretty typical. We got spoiled the last two years with first round QBs.
Old 11-09-2012, 09:01 AM    (permalink
Matthew Jones
All-NFLDC

Matthew Jones is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Matthew Jones is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Matthew Jones is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Matthew Jones is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Matthew Jones is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Matthew Jones is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Matthew Jones is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Matthew Jones is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Matthew Jones is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Matthew Jones is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Matthew Jones is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Aside from Matt Barkley, I think I'd take Ryan Tannehill over any of these guys. I believe it was Brian Billick who suggested that front offices take their time finding a franchise quarterback, because most of the time you only get one chance. As a head coach, there's no way I'd want to bet my job on Tyler Wilson.
Old 11-09-2012, 09:05 AM    (permalink
SolidGold
Pro Bowler

SolidGold is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SolidGold is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SolidGold is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SolidGold is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SolidGold is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SolidGold is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SolidGold is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SolidGold is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SolidGold is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SolidGold is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SolidGold is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Geno Smith should not be the first QB off the board. The fact that he struggles against quality defenses should really send up some red flags. All his success came against some of the worst defenses in CFB.

Have to agree with Vidae regarding Tyler Wilson - I think he will rise during the offseason. Scouts are going to take into account the whole Arkansas situation.
SolidGold is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-09-2012, 09:10 AM    (permalink
Matthew Jones
All-NFLDC

Matthew Jones is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Matthew Jones is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Matthew Jones is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Matthew Jones is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Matthew Jones is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Matthew Jones is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Matthew Jones is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Matthew Jones is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Matthew Jones is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Matthew Jones is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Matthew Jones is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Geno Smith should not be the first QB off the board. The fact that he struggles against quality defenses should really send up some red flags. All his success came against some of the worst defenses in CFB.

Have to agree with Vidae regarding Tyler Wilson - I think he will rise during the offseason. Scouts are going to take into account the whole Arkansas situation.
I'm equally concerned with Smith's struggles against quality defenses, but look at Wilson's statistics this year: five touchdowns against 1-9 Kentucky, three touchdowns against a FCS team the Razorbacks paid so that they could pad their stats, and an 8:8 TD/INT ratio in the other six games. Arkansas is easily one of the most disappointing teams of the year and their most impressive win was a 19-15 victory over Tulsa last week. If you're going to rip Smith for his losses, it's only fair to look at what Wilson has done against quality teams.
Old 11-09-2012, 09:12 AM    (permalink
BeerBaron
Team Leader
Legend

Quote:
Originally Posted by Matthew Jones View Post
Aside from Matt Barkley, I think I'd take Ryan Tannehill over any of these guys. I believe it was Brian Billick who suggested that front offices take their time finding a franchise quarterback, because most of the time you only get one chance. As a head coach, there's no way I'd want to bet my job on Tyler Wilson.
Billick chose poorly and got fired in part because he bet (and lost) on Kyle Boller.

If you do not have a franchise caliber QB on your roster, you have to get one ASAP. It absolutely trumps BPA in my mind. Until you have one in place, you are not going to approach a championship.

While Wilson/Geno/Barkley may not be as strong of group as in previous years, the Chiefs failing to take one of them with the #1 pick should cause rioting. Every decision maker in the organization should be drug into the street to be drawn and quartered. You do not win in today's league without a QB, and when you are picking that high, you have to take whoever is available.