Draft Countdown Forums

Go Back   Draft Countdown Forums > Draft Countdown Forums > 2014 NFL Draft Forum

2014 NFL Draft Forum Discuss the 2014 NFL Draft

Old 11-07-2012, 04:45 PM    (permalink
Abaddon
Pro Bowler

Abaddon is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Abaddon is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Abaddon is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Abaddon is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Abaddon is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Abaddon is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Abaddon is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Abaddon is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Abaddon is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Abaddon is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Abaddon is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Mingo looking mighty overrated...

God damn it.

No offense, but your Raiders draft sucks.
Abaddon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-07-2012, 05:10 PM    (permalink
PossibleCabbage
Pro Bowler

PossibleCabbage is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PossibleCabbage is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PossibleCabbage is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PossibleCabbage is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PossibleCabbage is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PossibleCabbage is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PossibleCabbage is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PossibleCabbage is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PossibleCabbage is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PossibleCabbage is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PossibleCabbage is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by badgerbacker View Post
A random question: Scott, why do you exclude underclassmen from your rankings but include them in mock drafts? I know that you typically do an update including them once we know everybody who is declaring, but is it really that much extra work to throw them in? I understand that you'd spend your time scouting the seniors that are guaranteed to be in the draft first, but I think the rankings would be more useful if the top underclassmen were included.
I would think that it's a lot easier to add the underclassmen who do declare to the rankings than to try to include all of the underclassmen on there and remove the ones who don't declare.

I mean, there are often surprising declarations and lack of declarations. It's more important that the rankings be useful and informative during draft season than it is during college football season.
PossibleCabbage is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-07-2012, 07:06 PM    (permalink
Scott Wright
Owner
All-NFLDC

Scott Wright is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Scott Wright is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Scott Wright is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Scott Wright is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Scott Wright is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Scott Wright is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Scott Wright is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Scott Wright is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Scott Wright is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Scott Wright is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Scott Wright is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by badgerbacker View Post
A random question: Scott, why do you exclude underclassmen from your rankings but include them in mock drafts? I know that you typically do an update including them once we know everybody who is declaring, but is it really that much extra work to throw them in? I understand that you'd spend your time scouting the seniors that are guaranteed to be in the draft first, but I think the rankings would be more useful if the top underclassmen were included.
A couple of reasons.

The first is simply that I haven't done enough work on many of the underclassmen to feel comfortable putting them in the rankings this early. There are hundreds upon hundreds of seniors to focus on, which keeps me plenty busy. I also don't want a prospect to see my ranking, which would be based on limited exposure, and make a career / life decision based on that. Secondly, how do you distinguish where to draw the line? Do I include just the top thirty underclassmen? The top fifty? The top hundred? The top three hundred? Ultimately I feel like the mock draft does a good enough job of identifying the top underclassmen at this point in the process and then as you mentioned once guys declare I do more in-depth with the rankings.

Twitter: twitter.com/DraftCountdown

Draft Countdown Podcast, Every Tuesday at 8 PM EST
www.blogtalkradio.com/draftcountdown and on iTunes

Scott Wright is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-08-2012, 03:49 PM    (permalink
Cardinal96
Rookie

Cardinal96 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Cardinal96 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Cardinal96 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Cardinal96 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Cardinal96 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Cardinal96 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Cardinal96 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Cardinal96 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Cardinal96 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Cardinal96 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Cardinal96 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Scott Wright View Post
Just posted the second mock draft of the year and there were a lot of big changes!

As always constructive criticism is not only welcomed but encouraged. However, please be sure to explain the reasoning behind your opinions like I do in the mock or risk being infracted.

Let's keep this thread fun and informative!

Now... FIRE AWAY! :)
Great job. Love the writeup. As a Colt fan I would be thrilled to get Manti Teo in the first round. I think he will be great in the NFL. Unfortunately (or, technically, fortunately), we won't be drafting at the 9 spot in the 1st round. I am feeling 9-7 this year.
Cardinal96 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-09-2012, 07:37 AM    (permalink
Iamcanadian
All-NFLDC

Iamcanadian is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Iamcanadian is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Iamcanadian is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Iamcanadian is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Iamcanadian is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Iamcanadian is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Iamcanadian is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Iamcanadian is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Iamcanadian is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Iamcanadian is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Iamcanadian is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by SuperMcGee View Post
Say what you will about Terrance Pennington, but the Bills still haven't spent a first rounder on a tackle in all this time. I'm going to guess (I actually know for a fact) that we argued against a tackle because we still had a stud LT in those days and didn't see the need to spend a top-half of the first round pick on a right tackle. Sounds about like the situation we could be looking at, right now.

RT is the most unsure of our positions on the line, but the need does not come close to matching, oh, any other position outside of running back. I support the idea of having two very good tackles. Joeckel is darn good and I'm not guaranteeing anything about Cordy Glenn, who has played 3.5 NFL games. But I just don't see this pick. I can see this regime or, should it come to it, a different one bringing in a tackle with a decently valuable pick, depending on how Pears finishes the year, but not nearly this high.
I disagree, the OL is still the great weakness on this team and Joeckel is a top 5 talent. Glenn is far more suited to play RT and with a pair of bookend OT's, we would be set up for years to come, with one of the best OL's in the NFL.
Old 11-09-2012, 10:36 PM    (permalink
essential
Rookie

essential is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.essential is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.essential is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.essential is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.essential is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.essential is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.essential is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.essential is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.essential is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.essential is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.essential is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Iamcanadian View Post
I disagree, the OL is still the great weakness on this team and Joeckel is a top 5 talent. Glenn is far more suited to play RT and with a pair of bookend OT's, we would be set up for years to come, with one of the best OL's in the NFL.
Nix this morning on WGR literally said we are "set at several key positions" and named DE, LT, and CB specifically, so that if we needed to trade up to get a QB we wanted, we could do it this year, whereas in years past we were not in a position to give up any picks when we had so many needs. Glenn is the LT, and he's playing extremely well, deal with it. And we are drafting a QB this year for sure, Nix flat out said that as well ... and it will be in the first, whether are not Scott gives us one, the Bills will likely to taking one.

http://blogs.buffalonews.com/press-c...this-year.html

Quote:
"Let me be as honest as I can," Nix said this morning. "I think we really need to address it this year. The thing we can't do is you can't create one. You can't go out, thinking 'I've got to make this guy a player.' If you do, then you're going to be in a bigger mess. We don't want to do that. We try to guard against that.

"But we do need another one, and we need to do it this time."
UDFA: Chris Burnette (OG) | FA: Jermaine Gresham (TE)

This is the NFL draft, not a boyscout draft.

essential is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-09-2012, 11:10 PM    (permalink
GatorsBullsFan
Rookie

GatorsBullsFan GatorsBullsFan GatorsBullsFan GatorsBullsFan GatorsBullsFan GatorsBullsFan GatorsBullsFan GatorsBullsFan GatorsBullsFan

I would like a update for the Jaguars

Thanks BoneKrusher
IN SHAD WE TRUST
GatorsBullsFan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-10-2012, 02:36 PM    (permalink
Scott Wright
Owner
All-NFLDC

Scott Wright is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Scott Wright is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Scott Wright is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Scott Wright is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Scott Wright is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Scott Wright is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Scott Wright is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Scott Wright is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Scott Wright is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Scott Wright is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Scott Wright is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by essential View Post
Nix this morning on WGR literally said we are "set at several key positions" and named DE, LT, and CB specifically, so that if we needed to trade up to get a QB we wanted, we could do it this year, whereas in years past we were not in a position to give up any picks when we had so many needs. Glenn is the LT, and he's playing extremely well, deal with it. And we are drafting a QB this year for sure, Nix flat out said that as well ... and it will be in the first, whether are not Scott gives us one, the Bills will likely to taking one.

http://blogs.buffalonews.com/press-c...this-year.html
Because all decision makers already know what they are doing on Draft Day even though their teams season is only half over. Plus they've never, ever been known to tell a lie or mislead...

I've never said the Bills are definitely taking an offensive tackle in round one. A statement like that would be absolutely absurd for any team / position at this point in the process unless there is an Andrew Luck type of talent available, which there isn't. Plus I am as big of a Cordy Glenn fan as anyone. However, it would be just as ridiculous to rule out a position for a team as bad as the Bills. For all we know it may not even be Nix's decision to make after such a bad season.

Twitter: twitter.com/DraftCountdown

Draft Countdown Podcast, Every Tuesday at 8 PM EST
www.blogtalkradio.com/draftcountdown and on iTunes

Scott Wright is offline   Reply With Quote