Draft Countdown Forums

Go Back   Draft Countdown Forums > Draft Countdown Forums > Pro Football

Pro Football Discuss professional football.

Old 11-09-2012, 01:30 PM    (permalink
Babylon
Legend

Babylon is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Babylon is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Babylon is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Babylon is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Babylon is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Babylon is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Babylon is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Babylon is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Babylon is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Babylon is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Babylon is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by SolidGold View Post
If I am Jacksonville I'd keep the Gabbert and Henne. I know you guys will all bash the **** out of me for saying that...lol.

The talent around them is not good. The offensive line has had issues - I thought they were really smart when they picked Monroe and Britton in the draft a few years ago but Britton has been chronically injured. Monroe is decent. I don't hear much from Marcedes Lewis either - a young QBs best friend is the TE. MJD is a stud but he is injured right now. The playcalling is suspect at best from what I saw last night. Physically I think Gabbert has it all - he has an impressive arm and the prototypical size and speed.

Honestly I would probably take the DT from Utah or Jarvis Jones in this draft or trade down and pick up Barret Jones who is criminally underrated and stockpile draft picks to try and fill as many needs as possible.

I do not think Wilson or Smith are going to make an immediate impact and are an improvement over Gabbert. Gabbert will have had 2 seasons under his belt and that experience matters. If Luck was available I would say yes go ahead and draft Luck. But the QBs in this draft have just as many if not more question marks than Gabbert IMO. I think Geno Smith absolutely screams bust - going from having two potential 1st round draft picks/Percy Harvin like players at WVU to Jacksonville would be a disaster for a guy who relies so much on YAC for his stats.

I know Mr. Moustache man in Jacksonville probably wants to make a splash so he will see Geno Smith and make the skin deep mistake of comparing him to Newton and Griffin and think Geno Smith will have the same impact. So if you are reading this Mr. Khan or anyone else who wants to compare Smith to Griffin and Newton for the obvious reason - guess what he isn't the same type of player!!!
I agree with the idea that you don't jump ship on Gabbert to go take a Geno Smith or Matt Barkley or Tyler Wilson. You bail to take a Luck of a Griffin but not those other guys.

The thing that stood out to me last night, besides the differance in Luck and Gabbert, is how little seperation the Jag's receivers were getting. Is the Colt's secondary that good.
Babylon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-09-2012, 01:47 PM    (permalink
LonghornsLegend
Legend

LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I don't mind teams passing on a QB because they just don't feel like he's a franchise guy, but why do people still go on with the excuses about how the team has no weapons, the defense sucks, there is no line, and on and on about how many holes the team has and how any rookie QB would be terrible in that situation. Yet everytime we hear somebody say that, the moment they get a decent QB behind all those terrible instances, everyone all of a sudden looks better.

Jacksonville would be drafting for another 5 years trying to fix all the holes that team has and that's assuming they hit on a majority of their picks in that time, if not then in 5 years they are still saying the same thing about the team and still don't have a QB. I don't even think Jacksonville is as bad as people are making them out to be anyway.

It's hard to say what they have in Blackmon, but he develops as expected, Shorts looks like a good to solid #2, Monroe is a great LT, they have a rotation of backs to keep the defense honest, I mean it doesn't have to be perfect but they have some key pieces in place.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Scott Wright View Post
I guarantee that if someone picks Cam Newton in the Top 5 they will regret it.
LonghornsLegend is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-09-2012, 02:13 PM    (permalink
killxswitch
Mage Bros
All-Pro

killxswitch is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.killxswitch is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.killxswitch is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.killxswitch is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.killxswitch is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.killxswitch is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.killxswitch is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.killxswitch is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.killxswitch is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.killxswitch is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.killxswitch is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Babylon View Post
Is the Colt's secondary that good.
Uh, no. Vaughn, Butler, and Gordy are all backups. Tom Zbikowski should be a backup. Antoine Bethea is the only healthy quality player we have in the backfield. Our pass rush was getting to the QB so that may have contributed to what appeared to be good coverage.

i done stole dis sig
killxswitch is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-09-2012, 02:18 PM    (permalink
gpngc
All-NFLDC

gpngc is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.gpngc is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.gpngc is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.gpngc is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.gpngc is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.gpngc is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.gpngc is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.gpngc is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.gpngc is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.gpngc is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.gpngc is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by killxswitch View Post
Uh, no. Vaughn, Butler, and Gordy are all backups. Tom Zbikowski should be a backup. Antoine Bethea is the only healthy quality player we have in the backfield. Our pass rush was getting to the QB so that may have contributed to what appeared to be good coverage.
It appeared to be good coverage because it was good coverage. They played well... period. Particularly tackling.
gpngc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-09-2012, 02:39 PM    (permalink
Ness
Legend

Ness is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ness is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ness is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ness is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ness is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ness is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ness is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ness is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ness is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ness is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ness is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by LonghornsLegend View Post
I don't mind teams passing on a QB because they just don't feel like he's a franchise guy, but why do people still go on with the excuses about how the team has no weapons, the defense sucks, there is no line, and on and on about how many holes the team has and how any rookie QB would be terrible in that situation. Yet everytime we hear somebody say that, the moment they get a decent QB behind all those terrible instances, everyone all of a sudden looks better.
Every situation is different. Sometimes it really is the case of a team having a bad offensive line, little to no weapons in the passing game, or the team overall just not being very good. Sometimes coaching might be an issue as well.

"Every light must fade, every heart return to darkness!"
-San Francisco 49ers: Five Time Super Bowl Champions-
Quote:
Originally Posted by Borat View Post
Oh, my bad. Didn't realize SWDC was the pinnacle of class and grace.
Ness is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-09-2012, 02:44 PM    (permalink
SolidGold
Pro Bowler

SolidGold is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SolidGold is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SolidGold is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SolidGold is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SolidGold is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SolidGold is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SolidGold is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SolidGold is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SolidGold is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SolidGold is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SolidGold is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by jrdrylie View Post
You are completely wrong on Monroe. He is much more than decent. He has been playing at a Pro Bowl level for a while now. I'm not high really on any of these guys (Barkley is my top guy) and Gabbert has shown improvement. However, it's been from worst QB we've seen to terrible. Maybe next year he'll improve from terrible to below average. Then year four he'll be mediocre. After four years, there probably isn't going to be a lot of improvement. So Gabbert, at best, will be a mediocre QB. You don't pass on a potential franchise QB to stick with a guy who could be mediocre.
I just think its to soon to write off Gabbert. He is 23 now, is it better to draft a 23 year old rookie or try to work with a 23 year old kid with 2 years of experience under his belt. They still need to build up a team - its not like the QB is the missing piece of the Jacksonville franchise.
SolidGold is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-09-2012, 02:54 PM    (permalink
Bulldogs
All-Pro

Bulldogs is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bulldogs is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bulldogs is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bulldogs is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bulldogs is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bulldogs is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bulldogs is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bulldogs is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bulldogs is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bulldogs is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bulldogs is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by SolidGold View Post
I just think its to soon to write off Gabbert. He is 23 now, is it better to draft a 23 year old rookie or try to work with a 23 year old kid with 2 years of experience under his belt. They still need to build up a team - its not like the QB is the missing piece of the Jacksonville franchise.
The sooner you move on the better. Gabbert doesn't have "it".
Old 11-09-2012, 02:56 PM    (permalink
BeerBaron
Team Leader
Legend

BeerBaron is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BeerBaron is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BeerBaron is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BeerBaron is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BeerBaron is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BeerBaron is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BeerBaron is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BeerBaron is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BeerBaron is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BeerBaron is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BeerBaron is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bulldogs View Post
The sooner you move on the better. Gabbert doesn't have "it".
But he's playing through an injured shoulder! Clearly, leadership. And such.
Old 11-09-2012, 02:57 PM    (permalink
Raiderz4Life
All-NFLDC

Raiderz4Life is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Raiderz4Life is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Raiderz4Life is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Raiderz4Life is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Raiderz4Life is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Raiderz4Life is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Raiderz4Life is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Raiderz4Life is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Raiderz4Life is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Raiderz4Life is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Raiderz4Life is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by BeerBaron View Post
But he's playing through an injured shoulder! Clearly, leadership. And such.
Plus now people have seen Henne in action so Gabbert looks that much better.

Props to BK for the sig
"Dying ain't much of a living, boy" -Josey Wales
Quote:
Originally Posted by TitanHope View Post
R4L does security, and strips on the weekend.
He told me the best part is being able to wear the same uniform to both jobs.
Raiderz4Life is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-09-2012, 03:02 PM    (permalink
vidae
SWDC Mafia
Legend

vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Raiderz4Life View Post
Matt Cassel must make him look like Tom Brady by that logic!

** RIP themaninblack. You will be missed. **
vidae is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-09-2012, 03:03 PM    (permalink
y.f.s.
Rookie

y.f.s. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.y.f.s. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.y.f.s. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.y.f.s. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.y.f.s. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.y.f.s. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.y.f.s. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.y.f.s. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.y.f.s. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.y.f.s. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.y.f.s. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by njx9 View Post
meh. i always go back to david carr/joey harrington now. if there's no flash, especially by the second year, i'm done. it doesn't need to be lighting the world on fire dominance. but something to show me that the guy can really play. while i'd certainly admit i haven't seen all of gabbert's games, i've never seen that spark. i never saw it in brady quinn (in fact, he was the anti-flash-of-anything-good-ever). i never saw it in clausen.

but you can only give the guy so many "well maybe next year...." chances. david carr was never going to be a solid starting qb in the nfl after his second year. nothing could've saved him. harrington was never going to be a solid nfl starter after his second year (i only mention both because, as i remember, there were two rather distinct camps, though carr's was certainly larger). sometimes what you see at first is all you're ever going to see. i don't expect gabbert to ever be more than a decent backup on a team with a tom-brady-starter.

the broncos will drop a game to you, just to ruin your day.
Basically, the "wait 7 years and hope he develops into Alex Smith with a stronger arm" plan.
y.f.s. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-09-2012, 03:09 PM    (permalink
killxswitch
Mage Bros
All-Pro

killxswitch is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.killxswitch is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.killxswitch is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.killxswitch is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.killxswitch is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.killxswitch is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.killxswitch is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.killxswitch is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.killxswitch is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.killxswitch is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.killxswitch is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Except Henne moved the ball better and scored the only TD of the night for the Jags.

i done stole dis sig
killxswitch is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-09-2012, 03:11 PM    (permalink
MaxV
Team Leader
All-NFLDC

MaxV is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MaxV is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MaxV is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MaxV is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MaxV is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MaxV is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MaxV is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MaxV is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MaxV is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MaxV is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MaxV is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by gpngc View Post
It appeared to be good coverage because it was good coverage. They played well... period. Particularly tackling.
Some of it was Jags' playcalling also. It was very predictable. It allowed Colts' corners to cheat a little.

They actually recognized it after the pick-6, Vaughn tried to jump Short's route and allowed a 50-yard play.

They can't gamble like that in every game.
MaxV is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-09-2012, 03:22 PM    (permalink
gpngc
All-NFLDC

gpngc is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.gpngc is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.gpngc is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.gpngc is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.gpngc is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.gpngc is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.gpngc is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.gpngc is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.gpngc is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.gpngc is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.gpngc is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

But they could have last night. Therefore, they played well.
gpngc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-09-2012, 03:26 PM    (permalink
Bert Macklin
All-Pro

Bert Macklin is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bert Macklin is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bert Macklin is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bert Macklin is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bert Macklin is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bert Macklin is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bert Macklin is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bert Macklin is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bert Macklin is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bert Macklin is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bert Macklin is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
you're 100% right except for the fact that you're 100% wrong.
Bert Macklin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-09-2012, 03:32 PM    (permalink
y.f.s.
Rookie

y.f.s. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.y.f.s. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.y.f.s. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.y.f.s. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.y.f.s. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.y.f.s. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.y.f.s. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.y.f.s. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.y.f.s. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.y.f.s. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.y.f.s. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Clearly, y'all did not see Henne in the Oakland game (duh statement of the week).

He went into Michigan-lock-on mode and fed Shorts the ball in garbage time last night. He's been worse than Gabbert just about every time he's stepped on the field.
y.f.s. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-09-2012, 04:56 PM    (permalink
Shreckart
Veteran

Shreckart is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Shreckart is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Shreckart is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Shreckart is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Shreckart is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Shreckart is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Shreckart is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Shreckart is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Shreckart is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Shreckart is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Shreckart is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Anyone on that Jags offense not named MJD should quit football.
Shreckart is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-09-2012, 05:05 PM    (permalink
cmarq83
Pro Bowler

cmarq83 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.cmarq83 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.cmarq83 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.cmarq83 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.cmarq83 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.cmarq83 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.cmarq83 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.cmarq83 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.cmarq83 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.cmarq83 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.cmarq83 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shreckart View Post
Anyone on that Jags offense not named MJD should quit football.
Seriously if you let Darius Butler, probably the most worthless player I have ever seen on a football field, make a game changing play against you then you should quit what you do. Darius Butler, really?
cmarq83 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-09-2012, 05:09 PM    (permalink
Jvig43
Icon

Jvig43 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jvig43 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jvig43 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jvig43 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jvig43 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jvig43 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jvig43 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jvig43 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jvig43 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jvig43 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jvig43 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Darius Butler is hands down the worst DB that has passed through the Patriots secondary the last few years. And that is seriously saying ALOT.

Quote:
Originally Posted by WMD View Post
Jesse realizing Walt was Santa Claus could really shake things up.
Quote:
Originally Posted by gpngc View Post
I don't know how old you are, but if you can get to 24/25 without getting arrested or killed, you've done well for yourself lol.
Jvig43 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-09-2012, 05:18 PM    (permalink
Matthew Jones
All-NFLDC

Matthew Jones is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Matthew Jones is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Matthew Jones is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Matthew Jones is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Matthew Jones is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Matthew Jones is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Matthew Jones is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Matthew Jones is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Matthew Jones is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Matthew Jones is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Matthew Jones is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jvig43 View Post
Darius Butler is hands down the worst DB that has passed through the Patriots secondary the last few years. And that is seriously saying ALOT.
No one's passing on these bad boys:

LCB: Darius Butler
FS: Brandon Meriweather
SS: James Ihedigbo
SCB: Jonathan Wilhite
RCB: Kyle Arrington
Old 11-09-2012, 05:20 PM    (permalink
bigbluedefense
Team Leader
Legend

bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Good God how was that ever an NFL secondary?
Old 11-09-2012, 05:24 PM    (permalink
Matthew Jones
All-NFLDC

Matthew Jones is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Matthew Jones is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Matthew Jones is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Matthew Jones is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Matthew Jones is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Matthew Jones is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Matthew Jones is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Matthew Jones is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Matthew Jones is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Matthew Jones is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Matthew Jones is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by bigbluedefense View Post
Thankfully it wasn't. It's more of a "worst-of." Duane Starks is a legitimate candidate as well.
Old 11-09-2012, 05:24 PM    (permalink
cmarq83
Pro Bowler

cmarq83 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.cmarq83 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.cmarq83 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.cmarq83 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.cmarq83 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.cmarq83 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.cmarq83 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.cmarq83 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.cmarq83 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.cmarq83 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.cmarq83 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
But my god were they above average special teamers.
Old 11-09-2012, 05:26 PM    (permalink
Matthew Jones
All-NFLDC

Quote:
P.S. 2008 may have been the worst once Rodney Harrison got hurt again:

LCB: Deltha O'Neal
FS: Brandon Meriweather
SS: James Sanders
SCB: Jonathan Wilhite
RCB: Ellis Hobbs
Old 11-09-2012, 05:30 PM    (permalink
cmarq83
Pro Bowler

Quote:
Originally Posted by Matthew Jones View Post
Thankfully it wasn't. It's more of a "worst-of." Duane Starks is a legitimate candidate as well.
This is probably how I'd rank them in terms of poor play:

1) Darius Butler
2) Duane Starks
3) James Ihedigbo
4) Kyle Arrington
5) Deltha O'Neal
6) Terrence Wheatley
7) Brandon Meriweather
8) Jonathan Wilhite

I also don't think the 2008 secondary was really all that bad. Hobbs, Sanders, and even Meriweather weren't bad players in 2008, Meriweather actually looked pretty good until QB's learned how to manipulate him into abandoning his assignments.